Start by marking “I'll Find You” as Want to Read:
I'll Find You

I'll Find You

Chilling and unrelentingly gripping, I'LL FIND YOU is the terrifying new psychological thriller from the bestselling author of DON'T WAKE UP. Perfect for fans of Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough and C.L. Taylor's, The Fear.

Emily Jacobs, a nurse, is in hospital for a minor operation. When she wakes in the night, woozy with anaesthetic, she sees the doctor frantically try
Published January 24th 2019 by Zaffre

To ask other readers questions about I'll Find You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Find You

Mandy White
I read this book with thanks to Pigeonhole Books, but due to being on holidays with no WIFI connection I could not read it daily with the rest of the crowd. I finished it last night and still not really sure I feel about it.

The main character Emily is a mess and some of her actions were completely unrealistic. The twist in the story was a bit predictable and the ending a bit of a non event. I didn't hate this book, but I did struggle with it
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I was on the promotional blog tour for this book! Thank you to the publishers Bonnier Zaffre for the opportunity!

’ll Find You is a new standalone thriller novel, set in the city of Bath (bonus points for being in a local setting near to me!) and about a young nurse called Emily who is searching for her missing sister Zoe. One day, she has to have a operation and is certain that she saw another patient with her at the time. Everyone else however, say that there was no other patient.

The thriller
Eva
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 46%
Liz Barnsley
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I’ll Find You is another pacy, clever psychological thriller from Liz Lawler, a great follow up to her first book Don’t Wake Up.
This is the kind of page turner I thoroughly enjoy, with an unsure main protagonist and plenty of twists and turns.
The plot races along to an emotional conclusion, we have some engaging characters and some excellent writing.
Very good. Recommended.
Marjorie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars

The blurb for this sounded so promising. Emily Jacobs is in hospital for a routine procedure and she thinks she witnesses something, something that reminds her of her sister Zoe going missing one year ago. She has never come to terms with Zoe's disappearance and now it looks like she has two mysteries to investigate. I was really looking forward to this but, sadly, the tale really isn't up to the blurb.

The story itself lurches along in an increasingly bizarre set of circumstances that h
Kelly Van Damme
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pigeonhole
An enjoyable read, full of twists and turns but I was never fully invested in the story, and some of the twists felt a little forced, hence "only" 3 stars. Very strong start, proving that Liz Lawler is indeed the queen of the shocking opening chapter, and very strong closing paragraph as well.

Many thanks to The Pigeonhole for the opportunity to read this novel for free.
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Yoo-hoo! *waves*

Yes, you - the one reading this review, obvs. If you’re looking for a literary review then this one is not for you *snorts* No, this one is #allaboutthefeels

Still there? Yay *mini fist pump*, thank you for sticking with me.

So, OMG, this book! This book was an eight letter word that starts with m and ends in k. Come on *wafts hand*, would I lie to you?

I was literally rigid with tension whilst reading this story. The littlest thing would have had me jumping out of my skin. Say, f
Paula Stammers
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Emily Jacobs sister, Zoe, went missing from a hospital nearly a year ago. As a result Emily’s mental health has suffered and she is only now feeling ready to return to work. She is starting work as a nurse in a Private hospital but just after starting she has an operation to remove a lump in her breast. After the operation she awakes in the middle of the night to see a girl on her ward being worked on my several members of staff, one of which injects Emily with a substance that makes her instant ...more
ASDerban
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I didn’t like this book at all, I’m afraid. It was set mainly in a hospital, with vivid descriptions of morgues, operations, A & E departments and psychiatric units, and was all a bit too visceral for my liking. Emotionally grim as well.

I can overlook subject matter not being to my taste if the writing is good but in this case I really didn’t think the story was well written either. The plotting was not tight and after a while it seemed repetitive, lots of actions that didn’t take the actio
Nella
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Maria
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emily Jacobs is not having her best year, her sister disappeared last year and she is having an operation at the same hospital she disappeared… The operation goes perfectly fine, but while she is sleeping that night, she sees that her room partner is having some healthy problems… The next day, when she wakes up no one remembers her or knows anything about her, making Emily to question if she is having hallucinations. Emily will start asking questions about the mysterious patient, but everything ...more
Jo
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'll Find You is a psychological thriller that was hard to put down. it's a disturbing and chilling read that packs an emotional punch.

I was drawn to this book by the blurb, that of a young woman, Emily, a nurse, observing what she believes to be a resuscitation in the middle of the night, and who is told the following morning that what she experienced was a nightmare. Did she, or did she not see a young woman being resucusted? Was it simply a nightmare or is something being covered up? If so, w
Book Inspector
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
The protagonist in this story is Emily, a nurse, who is struggling with the loss of her sister Zoe. Zoe has been missing for over a year, and Emily still keeps looking for her. The rest is covered by the blurb pretty accurately. Emily is a very disturbed character, she has mental health issues and is trying to cling to normality very hard, but life keeps throwing unusual situations at her. I think Emily is a very interesting and unique character, and I did like her baffled but a very strong pers ...more
Helen Leecy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liz Lawler certainly knows how to write a first chapter that is going to hook you and terrify you at the same time!
I thought her last book’s first chapter was the most horrifying thing I’d ever read, but this one will give you nightmares! I was actually gripping onto the duvet in sheer fright whilst reading this first chapter!
All the way through the book it keeps you guessing and not knowing what is going on. It is very similar to her first book, in the way the protagonist is made to look crazy
Lel Budge
Shelves: pigeonhole
Emily Jacobs’ sister, Zoe, had disappeared some months before and Emily has been searching relentlessly ever since. This had affected her mental health and her therapist is trying to help her recover fully. As a result she is to return to work as a Nurse, after a small operation to remove a lump in her breast.

While she is recovering from her op, she witnesses a young girl ‘dying’ in her room, but nurses and doctors convince her this was just a dream, the result of anaesthetic, but Emily is not s
Bucks, Books & Beyond
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had a very shocking first few paragraphs and I always believe this ingredient is key for psychological thrillers to really grip me as a reader and make me invested in finding out what’s happened.

I was a little disappointed with the ending as I had high expectations that it was going to finish with a bang and that I was going to be really surprised but unfortunately I wasn’t. Having said that, everything is wrapped up nicely and there are no annoying sections which were left unexplaine
Jan
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was not for me.I am sure there will be many people it will appeal to but there was too much annoyance. I dont like a book that makes the main character look bad and continues to dig deeper and deeper holes and this book did that. I stuck with it on the bookclub but I could not relax into it. The synopsis looked so good, Emily Jacobs in hospital; for a routine procedure witnesses something or at least she thought she had. Her sister Zoe has been missing for a while and Emily has struggl ...more
Carol Peace
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Emily is in hospital for a routine operation and she half awakens to see another patient in her room die but when she asks about her no one seems to know who she is speaking about as there was no other patient. Emily works in the hospital so as she recovers she tries to find out more about the other patient but has she just imagined her, after all she has been through a traumatic time as her sister is missing and that caused problems with Emily's mental health. I did enjoy the book and was hooke ...more
Sonja Charters
Shelves: fiction
Wow!! Absolutely my kind of read, this one. Loved it.

There were some parts that seemed to have too much technical detail in which didn't really add anything to the story...but then this didn't distract too much.

Loved the characters - how we meet them and how they develop thoughout the book and then how we view them in the end.
Especially enjoyed following Emily's journey whilst trying to find her missing sister and all the things that are uncovered and become apparent.

Lots of twists in this o
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, loved-it
After reading this I’ll certainly be reading the authors previous book as this was a great read.

This book started off real well I was glued.

Emily is struggling mentally after her sister disappeared from hospital. In hospital and after having an operation she wakens up to seeing a young girl being worked on by medical staff. The next morning the girls not there. Where is she? Is Emily imagining her?

The author writes in a way that you start to doubt Emily. I couldn’t wait to keep reading, I wan
Barbara
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and if you love reading a mystery whether in a quiet time at home or taking it with you on a trip, this is the book. The gist of it, is a nurse called Emily’s sister Zoe has gone missing, literally from being there one minute and gone the next, Emily makes a promise “I’ll find you”. In the process another person goes missing. Emily is also holding onto a dark secret that is slowly eating away at her. I read this book via The Pigeonhole, so you know it’s worth reading.
Gail Wylde
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book grabs you from the very first chapter and then it twists and turns right until the end. I really enjoyed it. I found the characters were strong, likeable and unlikeable, my opinions of them changed chapter by chapter. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won’t be the last. I have already recommended it to friends and family.
Thank you Liz Lawler and Pigeonhole for such a great read.
Sue Jenkins
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, which I read thanks to Pigeonhole. It was a gripping and, at times, shocking read with lots of twists and turns. The main character, Emily, is inadvertently witness to a shocking act whilst in hospital for a routine operation and the story centres on how she is made to believe it was all a nightmare. People are not always what they seem....I would thoroughly recommend this book.
Tracey
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I starting reading this before bed and that was a big mistake as the opening chapter was truely terrifying with the main charactor searching the drawers in a mortuary desperately looking for someone and finding herself stuck in one with a dead body! From there until the last few chapters you don't know who or what to believe and that's the way I like my thrillers. The charactors have great depth and the story is so full of twists and turns that it will leave you dizzy.
Barbara
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The first part of the book was quite enjoyable but as I read on I was becoming very frustrated at the world way the main character, Emily, was behaving. The other characters were not particularly likeable and the end of the story was extremely far fetched in my opinion though I'm sure others may disagree.
Andi Miller
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book certainly grabbed my attention! Poor Emily, how can one person have so much awful luck.
The story was a little bit far fetched, but it still made good reading. I looked forward to a new stave each day and a couple of times I was desperate to continue.
Thanks to pigeonhole, Liz Lawler and Zaffre for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Christine Rennie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers and also Pigeonhole for the book in exchange for a review.
It was a well written, psychological thriller and had plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing. It would also make you a bit concerned if you needed an operation any time soon!
Recommended
Crosspatch64
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t find it terrifying, more intriguing. The plot is complex and almost no one is quite who they seem to be. There are very few villains but people taking desperate measures in tragic circumstances.
Well worth a read.
Rachael Boswell
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
A good read but so frustrating in parts and all felt a little bit too far fetched. The main character did such irrational things I wanted to scream and the ending was just bizzare. It felt like it was in the wrong order.
Pheadra
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pigeon-books
This book had a great deal of potential when it started off but towards the end just fizzled. I lost patience with the main character because her behaviour was impulsive and reckless and all those one should be able to turn to for help (doctors, therapists, police) were painted in a poor light.
« previous 1 3 next »
Liz Lawler had a 20-year career as a nurse before becoming a general manager of a five star hotel. She found it an easy transition as she used the same greeting to both patient and hotel guest 'Good morning. did you sleep well?' she loves books and all things bookish!