Start by marking “Ten Little Astronauts” as Want to Read:
Ten Little Astronauts

Ten Little Astronauts

The U.N. Owen is adrift in interstellar space. With no lights, no life support, no help for ten trillion miles, it seems as though things can't get any worse. Then, they find a body.

Ten astronauts are woken from suspended animation to deal with a crisis on board their ship.

Selected from a crew of thousands, none of them knows any of the others: all they know is that one of
Published December 13th 2018 by Unbound Digital

To ask other readers questions about Ten Little Astronauts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Little Astronauts

M.R. Graham
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, sci-fi
That was a very quick read, in part because of its length, but mostly for the incredibly high suspense throughout. The science was very interesting without becoming pedantic, and it did maintain a very Christie feel despite the setting.
Very nicely done, Damon. That ending, though... I'm mad at you.
Nina
That was quite a ride~! Read the rest of this novella in one sitting, because I couldn't stop. Everybody was suspect. And in some ways, everybody did have a hand in the slaughter, whether they were aware of it or not. The reason behind the real culprit's actions was shocking, but also really sad. It makes me hope that the last one standing will make a better decision and choose to continue than to abort this mission. Because continuing means that there will be bigger challenges ahead, and I will ...more
3 no 7
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Ten Little Astronauts” by Damon Wakes is a reboot of the classic “Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie.
The place is space, outer space that is. Crewmembers aboard a ship in deep space awake to an alarm, knowing that something is wrong, terribly wrong. In the case of an “emergency,” ten were to be defrosted to correct any unexpected situations, but now there are eleven awake. Why? Who does not belong? In reality, there are not eleven, because someone is dead.
Everything is dangerous on boar
Di Paterson
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novella. I haven't read the Agatha Christie novel it's based upon (but I intend to), so I missed many of the parallels that Damon used in his version. But his explanations and the insight into his research was fascinating.

Being a novella, there was not much in the way of character development, although there is, ultimately, some social commentary, which I found to be valid; maybe because it echoes my own sentiments.

The futuristic setting for the novella was realistic and the plot
Selena
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder mystery in space isn’t something you’d normally believe would work, but somehow the author manages it! Great description keeps the tension going throughout, twists and turns galore. For me there was a lot of characters to keep track of where they were and what they were doing. The author did a good job at endearing you to a couple of characters, but the novella length meant you didn’t know them well enough to be shocked at their death, so as you had no investment in the characters you did ...more
Maria Rivas-mc
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You’re trapped on a crippled spaceship as fellow emergency team members are picked off one by one. You’re running out of time to discover the murderer and repair the ship. This novella, which takes its general theme from Agatha Christie’s ‘And Then There Were None’, is mystery, action, and (for me) horror wrapped in a sci fi package. While the murderer is revealed through a process of elimination, there is a twist and a choice to be made at the end. My thanks to Pigeonhole for the opportunity to ...more
Sonja Charters
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Interesting little who-done-it in the style of "and then there was one"
Set in space, it was an odd one for me. Not my usual choice of book although the genre is about right.
Even though only a short novella it took me a little while to get into and invest in but this may have just been circumstances rather than the book itself.
Still, the storyline was interesting and kept you guessing right until the end.
A bit more suspense than outright spooky but still a good little read.
Joseph J Clark
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Like a cross between 2001: A Space Oddysey and a game of Werewolf.

Unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of Werewolf, but the story here moves along at a decent clip with a generous serving of suspense and mystery.
Rachel Bridgeman
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Read this novella courtesy of The Pigeonhole, it was a quick space romp via Agatha Christie's 'And then there were none'. It was clever, sharp and with cheeky nods to the original, I would definitely recommend reading this!
Erica Hough
Much better written than expected. Read on The Pigeonhole app.
Liz Deakin
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great novella, loosely based on Agatha Christie’s ‘And Then There Were None’ but in space! Very fast paced and enjoyable, I couldn’t wait to find out whodunit!!
Barbara
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book through The Pigeonhole. If you don’t want anything heavy to read and would like a novel that engages your curiosity as to ‘who done it’, this is the book for you.
Gail Wylde
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pigeonhole
This is a quite short and quirky tale that is very much in the style of Agatha Christie but of the future.
Kelly Van Damme
Lydia
Oct 22, 2018
Vivek
Nov 03, 2018
Damon L. Wakes was born in 1991 and began to write a few years later. He holds an MA in Creative and Critical Writing from the University of Winchester, and a BA in English Literature from the University of Reading.

Every year since 2012, Damon has produced one work of flash fiction each and every day during the month of July. He usually writes humour and horror, occasionally at the same time. Tack