Start by marking “My Sister Is Missing” as Want to Read:
My Sister Is Missing

My Sister Is Missing

Stephanie Henderson gazes at her newborn daughter and wonders if husband Adam will notice the lack of resemblance. But when her lover demands a paternity test, Stephanie tells Adam a string of lies—lies that lead the two men to a dramatic confrontation. Without warning, Stephanie and her baby disappear. So when CCTV images appear of a young woman who fits Stephanie’s descr ...more
Expected publication: November 1st 2019 by RedDoor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Sister Is Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Sister Is Missing

Luvtoread
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was a very good and solid domestic, suspense story.

Step and Adam have a happy marriage and and now after trying for several years to have a baby, beautiful Natalie arrives to complete their family. Steph loves being a new mom even though she is exhausted from lack of sleep and endless new chores that challenge all new moms after having a new baby. Natalie is now the new love of her life and will do everything in her power to keep the baby safe and loved in every way possible.

Three weeks aft
Dash fan
5☆ Twisty, Enthralling, Page Turner!

My Sister Is Missing is a perfectly twisty and thrilling Psychological Thriller, that kept me guessing.
Oh Wow was I taking on a twisty journey.
Just when I thought I had things sussed Julia added another red herring.

Steph appears to perfectly happy, she has a gorgeous and loving husband Adam, a beautiful new baby and a loving sister Jess.
So why does it feel like she's treading water?

Steph has gone missing with new born baby Natalie.
She's not taken a mobile or a
Whispering Stories
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Three weeks after giving birth to her baby daughter Natalie, Stephanie Henderson goes missing, taking her daughter with her.

Her husband Adam is obviously worried and calls the police and sister-in-law Jess. The police are trying their best to locate Steph and with her taking Natalie the search becomes a priority.

Jess is normally the one being looked after by her sister so isn’t comfortable with the situation and she feels out of her depth. Howe
Zoe
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Suspenseful, complicated, and twisty!

My Sister is Missing is an intricate, psychological thriller that delves into the complex relationship between sisters and highlights the devastating effects secrets, emotional abuse, and trauma can have on the human psyche.

The pose is crisp and clear. The characters are vulnerable, impulsive, and damaged. And the plot told from multiple perspectives is a menacing tale of love, life, cruelty, deception, familial dynamics, violence, and mental illness.

I have t
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
2.5 Stars

This is the first book I've read by this author and I wasn't really thrilled with it. It was an interesting read, fast paced and twisty for sure. I did read it in one sitting, so I somewhat enjoyed it, but the writing was a bit over done.

The plot wasn't a new one, but it kept my interest and it was a very easy read . Even though we go in knowing Stephanie goes missing at some point in the book, it is interesting to see how it evolves and how Adam and especially Jess work through it.

I w
Mark
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is emotive,involved and intriguing
Emotive re some of the subjects covered and the fact Jess is looking for her missing Sister Steph and baby Natalie
Involved as it does go into lengthy detail re the Sisters past and present and the search
Intriguing as you want to know what has happened to Steph
However it is also quite repetitive and at times I felt I was reading 3 or 4 different stories that didnt quite fit together
The ending,when we eventually got to it was underwhelming
Mental health
ABookwormWithWine
⭐⭐⭐ / 5

Blog tour post at https://abookwormwithwine.wordpress.c...

There is nothing I like more than a great book from a debut author. Unfortunately My Sister is Missing by Julia Barrett missed the mark a bit for me.

What it's about: Jess's sister Stephanie seems like she's perfectly happy. She just had a beautiful baby girl Natalie and she's happily married to her husband Adam. But one day she disappears, taking Natalie with her. Jess can't figure out where she would have gone or why. Sure she was
Robin Loves Reading
My Rating: 3.5 Stars

For reasons no one can understand, Stephanie Henderson, a new mother, disappears with her baby girl. Her husband Adam is beside himself, but the police have no leads. Stephanie's sister Jess is determined to find out what happened to Stephanie and the baby and will do whatever it takes to find them. For reasons Jess cannot understand, Adam begins acting rather strangely. Could he have something to do with Stephanie's disappearance?

When Jess hears of a tragic accident that cla
Barbara Ruth
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Sister is Missing # NetGalley
Julia Barrett

This is a debut novel by this author and I enjoyed it very much. It is a tale that centers around family dynamics and mental health. The plot is told from multiple perspectives and divided into three parts. The characters are well formed and fleshed out. There are 2 sisters Stephanie and Jess who compose the majority of the story of family dynamics, secrets, deception, violence and mental health. Steph, the oldest sister is suffering from postpartum
Liz Barnsley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
A good psych thriller about a missing sister. Great writing apart from an obsession with clearing the throat. I must have read the word throat so many times it started to irritate. The characters couldn't seem to speak without some kind of throat issue. Ha ha. ANYWAY that aside (and it was an uncorrected proof I was reading so the copy edit will deal with the repetitive bits) this was an intriguing tale of sisterhood which was unpredictable.

Proper review for the blog tour.
Helly
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book deals with way more than it could manage to, which makes the read overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time. The premise is something i have only too much about- a missing sister and I wished for more in the plot in that area. While a number of events take place which completely twist other parts of plot's flow, I could not take much interest in it. The only factor I like is that the book deals with mental health. Thanks to NetGalley for a review copy for an honest review.
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and RedDoor for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

Jess wakes up hungover one morning and receives a phone call from her Brother In Law Adam. Jess`s big Sister Steph had gone missing along with Natalie her 3 month old niece.

Jess and Steph`s mum died the year before. Jess and her Mum had never gone on and Jess had always been her protector.

Jess quickly became suspicious of Adam when he spoke to someone on the phone and quickly left the house. When Jess pr
Simone Praylow
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There seems to be an ongoing theme with a lot of books especially psychological thrillers and contemporary novels and women’s fiction that involve around sisters. With that being said I went into reading this book sort of guarded because the best sister theme is being wrote about so much. However this novel did not let me down.

This novel had intrigue, well developed characters, stellar writing and it discusses something that is not talked about often with mothers especially new mothers.

The add
Paula Ptomey
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when the big sister who has always been there for you is suddenly missing with her newborn daughter? Julia Barrett's My Sister is Missing will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time you are reading it. Jess has always been able to turn to her sister Steph ever since childhood. 3 weeks ago Steph gave birth to her beautiful daughter Natalie. Like all moms Steph is adapting to motherhood, or is she? This story grips your heart and emotions. Great job!
Lee
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
My Sister is Missing is an intense, twisted, psychological thriller, but this one was a little too twisted for me. The story started well and the premise was good but I think the flow of the story wasn’t that great because of too many issues being presented. I lost interest. This was not one of my favorites. I received this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Kate
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the way that the book kept up the tension and suspense throughout. Can't wait for more from this author. I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Stina
I have read some mixed reviews about this book so I wasn't sure what to expect. It did take me a lot longer to read than normal but that was due to some unforeseen circumstances in my personal life and nothing to do with the book.

MY SISTER IS MISSING is the debut novel of Julia Barrett and it is intense, emotional, intriguing and even a little twisted. There was so much going on but still it kept you riveted to every page to see what happened next.

The story begins with Jess waking one morning wi
Susan
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2019
Thanks to NetGalley for an ARC in return for my honest review.

My Sister is Missing by Julia Barrett is about Julia who finds out her sister and niece have gone missing. The book goes into where is Steph (the missing sister) but also delves into the issues of mental health, dysfunctional families and relationships where interdependency can lead to misunderstandings and distrust. I didn't really feel it was much a missing book.

This book had the premise of being a great book but it fell short. I
buzy_reading
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
In Steph’s dialogue I was confused as to why the letter A represented Adam’s name and the letter N represented Natalie’s name? Why not write out the names instead of the first initial? This bothered me.

This book had the premise of being a great book. It fell short for me by its delivery. I wasn’t a fan of the way the information unfolded. I skimmed this one thinking something grander was awaiting towards the end. Nothing significant happened. It felt anticlimactic. This was not a missing persons
Aleana Harris
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Ok read.

Jess learns her sister Steph and niece Natalie is missing. She doesn't understand why her sister would leave her husband Adam.

As she tries found out what what happen to her sister and neice she dealing with her own issues.

As I was reading this it was getting a bit boring and I find myself about to skip toward the end of the book but I didn't because I wanted to know what happen to Steph.

It deals with mental illness Jess and
Mindy
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
(I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.) I did not like this book. I read the whole thing, expecting something big to happen or be revealed, and it just never materialized. It seemed like a bunch of little stories woven together, and they just didn't fit together well. I wouldn't recommend.
Elizabeth (BookishConnoisseur)
This book was an interesting and unexpected thriller.

The story begins with a journal entry from Stephanie Henderson talking about her newborn daughter and secrets she has been keeping. Then we are launched into Jess’s perspective as she learns that her sister and, Stephanie, and her niece are missing. Jess quickly teams up with Adam, Stephanie’s husband, to piece together Stephanie’s last movements to try and determine what may have happened to her.

Stephanie is not the type of woman to just walk
Claire
Where to start with My Sister Is Missing? I thought I would be reading a straight forward crime thriller but what I ended up with a complex multilayered tale that dealt with so many human emotions pushed to the extreme.

I really liked the character of Jess. She, like many of us, focusses on herself but her world is thrown into turmoil when her big sister Steph goes missing with her new baby. I totally felt Jess’ fear for her sister in this. The thought of one of my siblings going missing fills me
Katharine Johnson
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - I loved the premise for this and it got off to a cracking start. I was immediately drawn in, intrigued by Steph's disappearance and Adam's secretive behaviour so kept turning the pages to find out what had really happened. The multiple viewpoints unfortunately took away some of the potential for surprise, though. The writing was very strong in places and the author did a good job at highlighting a particular type of mental health issue. Thanks to Netgalley and RedDoor for a copy of t ...more
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019, arcs
My Sister is Missing is classified as a physiological thriller that follows Jess as she tries to unravel the mystery behind her sister, Stephanie's disappearance. One day, Steph's husband, Adam comes home and Stephanie and their newborn daughter, Natalie are missing. Slowly Jess starts to piece things together and she soon learns that there's more than just meets the eye.

I will admit that I struggled with getting all of my thoughts together after finishing this novel. On one hand, I read it in o
Ruby
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Steph has vanished with her newborn baby. Fearing for their safety, her husband Adam and sister Jess try and work out what has driven a seemingly happy Steph to the edge.

Jess is convinced that Adam is hiding something. Is he telling the truth about the state of his relationship with her sister? But Jess is holding back secrets too and starts to delve into their troubled childhood, hoping to discover a reason for her sister's disappearance.

The main story is told from Jess's point of view, inter
Guylou
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Sister is Missing

QOTD: Do you keep a diary? If yes, how old were you when you started?

My Sister is Missing by Julia Barrett is a nail-biting, mindboggling, and thrilling novel. Ms. Barrett takes her readers on an emotional rollercoaster from page one to the end of the book. This is the story of two sisters, Jess and Steph. Steph has gone missing with her three weeks old baby girl. Steph had a traumatic event in her youth which plummeted her into a deep depression and almost cost her life. In the past few weeks,
Joanna Beesley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the debut novel by Julia Barrett and I will certainly be seeking out more from this author. It is an engaging story and with numerous twists and turns that kept me guessing throughout. The author delves into the issues of mental health, dysfunctional families and relationships where interdependency can lead to misunderstandings and distrust.

Stephanie, married to Adam, is the older sister of Jess whose partner, Matt, has gone travelling ‘to find himself’ because of arguments him and Jess
Stef L
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
What would you do if your older sister and her three week old baby just disappeared one winter evening? How would you begin to cope with the sheer terror and utter disbelief?

Meet Jess - we first encounter her in a state of acute panic as she is notified that Stephanie, her older sister hasn’t come home, she also hasn’t left a note. Jess is a thought-provoking and relatable narrator whose character leaps from the page. I connected with her immediately, her emotional turmoil whirling through my b
Cindy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fiction
I really liked this and would have red it straight through if real life hadn't called. There were a few storylines going on and the ending brought a satisfying conclusion.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy.
« previous 1 3 next »
Julia Barrett began her working life as a primary school teacher. She has worked in Public Relations for the NHS and as an in-house journalist for Queen Mary, University of London. She has a BA in English Literature from the University of Hull. She is a Faber Academy alumna and is currently working towards the completion of an MA in Creative Writing at Royal Holloway, University of London. She gre ...more