Start by marking “The Gospel According to Jesus” as Want to Read:
The Gospel According to Jesus

The Gospel According to Jesus

Published by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about The Gospel According to Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gospel According to Jesus

Start your review of The Gospel According to Jesus
Gary
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not always a fan of John MacArthur's writing but the last couple books I've read of his have been fantastic. I always love his sermons, of course. This book was exceptionally good and clear with regard to the Gospel. I heard a sermon today on 1 Peter 1 that could have simply made the point that salvation must be accompanied by works and a change in life. John makes this point so well and backs it up with Scripture, church tradition, and the Apostle's writings. Excellent book that should be ...more
Mike Hardin
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John MacArthur does a wonderful job of clarifying salvation in the light of the need to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior. So many questions are answered regarding the Christian life, justification, sanctification and more. I consider this book as a must have reference essential for new and seasoned believers as well. After listening to the book I ordered the hard copy for my Bible reference library! Than you John and Thank you JESUS ,!
Robert W.
It was good for me to read this book. I have a feeling it might be a little too legalistic, but I have an equally strong feeling that I have been far too antinomian in my life. A dose of the law, and how good it is to follow it, and the idea that God commands it and is pleased by it, was good for me to hear.
Sabrina
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John MacArthur has a way of making you feel like you are going to hell no matter how hard you try but he does give you alot to think about the way that he goes through scriptures. Being a follower of Christ and making him your Lord is an everyday decision not just one time. He really focuses biblicaly on what that looks like. I enjoyed it.
David
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to David by: Offered by author's organization after I'd purchased another of his books
Very complete arguments about why Christians really need to live like Christians — as spelled out in scripture — if they are expecting salvation!

Book originally written perhaps 30 years ago and seems to be addressing controversial issues of the time, but the point still applies — after all, what’s 30 years when it all goes back 2,000?
John Tester

• The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict
  • Suffering Is Never for Nothing
  • Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts
  • Lifelines for Tough Times: God's Presence and Help When You Hurt
  • Tactics, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions
  • Love That Lasts: When Marriage Meets Grace
  • Knowing Christ
  • Growing in Christ
  • Your Adversary the Devil
  • 10 Mistakes People Make About Heaven, Hell, and the Afterlife
  • Raising Men, Not Boys: Shepherding Your Sons to be Men of God
John F. MacArthur, Jr. is a United States Calvinistic evangelical writer and minister, noted for his radio program entitled Grace to You and as the editor of the Gold Medallion Book Award winning MacArthur Study Bible. MacArthur is a fifth-generation pastor, a popular author and conference speaker and has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California since 1969, and ...more