Start by marking “The Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood” as Want to Read:
The Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood

The Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood

(The Crane Diaries #2)

Deep in the swamps of the Louisiana bayou, a horrifying secret lies waiting to be discovered.

A legend haunts the bayou, a chilling tale of a beast that is born from a curse…the Rougarou.

When Emma Rose Crane lets hunter Cass Willow convince her to help him on a ghost hunt, she never imagined she’d be trudging through the swamps, let alone stumbling upon a mess of mangle
Published December 18th 2018 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

Start your review of The Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that Apryl has done it again with another amazing paranormal story that had me up till 3am in the morning needing to finish it to find out what happened to my girl Emma.

Emma has grown so much since the first book and she is finally coming into herself and helping others out when they need it. So when Cass comes and asks her for help she is more than willing to help out.What she doesn't know is what they are going to be hunting and when she finds out she never thought she woul
Tina H
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I’m terrified of losing all the people who love me, the people I love. It would be just my luck, though. I always end up broken and bruised in some fashion or other."

I love Mattie/Emma. She is feisty and a lot stronger than she thinks. And even when past insecurities surface she still fights for herself and those she loves.

I've loved this group of characters since The Ghost files and I enjoy watching them grow as their stories continue.
Aly
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I love this series and it just keeps getting better. I love that the author decided it was time for Mattie and Dan to grow up a little more. I enjoy going on adventure with these two characters! This book has everything, new characters and all of our favorites too. I think We could use some more on how much Mary is growing up as well. Maybe a novella, on Mary's experiences???? I can't wait for the next books!
Coco.V
Aug 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/9/2019)! 🎁
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
I feel like this spin-off series has lost some of the thrill factor present in the Ghost Files. I’m still obsessed with the characters and I know I won’t give up but i just didn’t find this one as exciting. Even the storyline with the werewolf like creature, I won’t even try to spell it off the top of my head, was lackluster. While things were tense because it was a literal life threatening experience the solving of it (view spoiler) just took the fu ...more
Terri
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Apryl Baker doesn't disappoint with The Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood. Emma (aka Mattie) is grown up now and making her own way in the world. She has new friends in the supernatural community and is a valuable asset to the local hunters. While out on a hunt, Emma and her new friend Cass run across a Rougarou, a cursed werewolf like beast that attacks them both, transferring his own curse of unceasing hunger and a bitter death at the end of the moon cycle. Emma must rely on the help of Dan, her old ...more
Celina
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really Good

I loved it. There's so much good content. And I love Mattie, I have loved her since The Ghost Files book 1 but her boyfriend, not much, though I don't mind him.

Now Zeke, my man, I love him. And Rhea, I love her. I love Greek mythology so much. And getting ghosts and Greek together is so refreshing. I know the crane series are more about Mattie, but pls, don't forget the ghosts, Silas and those evils coz that's what really really intrigues me.
Mac Dubista Keso The Bibliobibuli v(=∩_∩=)
Too much cheesy lines. Redundant details. But I still love Mattie. 🙂
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Well these aren't like the ghost files although it's the same characters, the horror as actually been really dulled down on them. I'm still liking the stories but they are not the same. I'm liking finding out more about the characters.
Cody Smith-Candelaria
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Crane Diaries, the continuation of the Ghost files. Emma Rose, aka Mattie, has grown up a lot. She has come into her own and has learned to stand stong. She still has a lot to learn though, like when to ask for help, how to trust others and lean on them.
There is a new cast that joins Mattie in this series but you still have all the original players that really matter. You get to see Mattie and how her relationships are changing with others, her growth and their growth toge
April
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"For once, all in my life is right.
Even if it only lasts for a night."
I can not wait to see where the story goes from here! I am so into Mattie/Emmas' life. From Ghost Files book one to now, I am so invested.
How are things going to work out with Dan? Will there be any other love interests? What about Nathaniel? Can he be trusted? Will we find out more about this possible God in the background? Then there is Eric.. will he follow his previous wants, or his new bodies desires? Will things ever be
Mark and Leigh
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Emma ...

I love Mattie/Emma and enjoy reading this series. This was a little different of a read for me. One is that Emma is fiercely protective of her friends but she didn't race to Cass' side quickly enough when she had a way to help him. Second is the set up in the beginning where Cass takes her out to the swamps to look for a ghost but never allows her to properly prepare. Cass is a seasoned hunter and knows how dangerous the swamps are. Characters flit in and out without resolution or compl
Kimi
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better no lie. I am so addicted. And I'm totally not ashamed to admit it either haha. I love Emma Rose's aka Mattie's story! She keeps growing as a character and keeps becoming stronger and stronger as well. So many surprises and so much action. I love everything about this story. I can't wait for more! I need to know what happens next. I highly highly recommend this series as a must read as well as any other works by Apryl Baker. She is such an amazing ...more
Carrie Blair
Belinda
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emma aka Mattie Hathaway is out hunting ghosts again because that’s what she does best. Only this time Emma and her friend Cass are attacked by a “roogie “ which has now left them both seriously injured with a deadly infection. The infection is spreading and it can only be stopped by killing the roogie that attacked them in the first place.

With the help of officer Dan and their friends, they start their hunt to find and kill the roogie before the infection can spread. Will they kill the beast be
Megan
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great MUST read! I have followed the characters since the Ghost Files to this spin off series and I cannot get enough of Maddie/ Emma. The book is a page turner and keeps you wanting more. We have seen Maddie’s character develop from a child (in ghost files) to a strong young woman (crane diaries.) this book picked up right where Homecoming left off, expanding on characters introduced in Homecoming. This book had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen, but wan ...more
Ariel
May 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Yeah no

I tried. I really did. I read all of ghost files and got through this book of the crane diaries and I can’t take it anymore! It’s the same dialogue over and over I was getting mad while reading. I don’t even care about the overall story! It’s butchered by her constant reminders of her life and justification of her actions and feelings that the story gets back seated. After reading 454927 pages of her thoughts, boom! Climax over just like that! Like, what?! Not build up, no suspense? I jus
Sandra
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3. 5 stars The healing seemed a little too convenient and the story felt incomplete. Sure they kill the roogie but there was no urgency to that as Rhea had healed them and it didn't feel like a resolution because the roogie was a victim too and the actual villain was not found. I expect it will be in the next book but I prefer resolution of the main storyline in my books. Not finishing that is lazy writing and a cheap trick to make you buy the next book. Also Dan & Mattie's relationship has gone ...more
Cindy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is getting better. As a reader out of my teens, I'm glad the characters are getting a little older and hopefully wiser. Emma/Mattie is constantly learning new things about her family and what she's capable of doing. I enjoyed this one and look forward to the next. The one thing I didn't like was they didn't actually solve the case in this one and I'm hoping they get around to doing so. The third will be out soon so I look forward to seeing what happens next.
Sarah Evans
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so good

Although so far this series hasn’t got the edge that the ghost files have it is still so so good!

The only thing I hated about this book is that it is constantly reminding you of what has happened in the past. I felt that I personally didn’t need them reminding as I have read (more than once) the past books.

Looking forward to where the next book will take us with the dreaded court case of dans mother and also can’t wait to get back to the malones
Jadedove
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Crane Diaries series definitely does not disappoint! Mattie/Emma runs into a rougarou and must overcome the effects of the encounter before time runs out. And then there's Dan. Mattie's literal soul mate. Everyone needs a Dan in their life!
This book is a definite must read!
Kristen Smith
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma sure does know how to get into trouble. Poor girl can't help but find it no matter where she goes. While searching for a ghost, Emma and Cass encounter a Rougarou becoming cursed themselves. Now it's a race against time to find the beast and kill it before the curse kills them. Living in New Orleans can be hazardous to a girls health.
Jana Gundy
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing still after all this time

I was sucked into Mattie’s life from the start and I can’t get enough of her stories. The books aren’t just quick reads and then you go on. They are so full of real life even while dealing in the paranormal. I love every mystery, every bit of romance, drama and emotion that comes out of this series.
Books 2 Blog
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series. It keeps you turning the page only to be really sad when it’s over. I need to know what happens next. I was left with so many questions. Mattie has grown up and thinks she’s safe. She ends up having to show her true self in order to survive. I’m not one for giving spoilers but you should definitely read this one.

B2B Sandra
Kim
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally Loved Mattie/Emma in this book. She is starting to grow up and her maturity is showing. I wasn't sure these books would be as good as the Ghost Files. But, I believe they are a lot better! I can't wait to see what is next up for Mattie/Emma, Dan and the gang.
Aditi Merchant
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by Apryl Baker. I loved how Mattie's character has developed in this book, along with new relationships, like with her mother and brother. Looking froward to the next book in the series, to see what trouble Mattie finds herself in this time.
Chrissi
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is so written and the storyline so addictive, it will pull you in and spit you out the other side. I love seeing the relationships between the characters develop, this will have you feeling all those feels! Definitely cannot wait for book 3 in this series!
Tabitha Marshall
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another home run....

The author always ends the books in a good plane fore the storyline but makes me (the reader) wanting more. Really enjoy all of Ms. Bakers books!! Can't wait for the next installment!!!
Lanelle Wald
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ready for next book release

It’s so many questions I hope gets answered in the next book. I also hope that the next book covers more new ground and less Mattie the foster kid story 🤦🏽‍♀️
Anna!
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I love these books, and I know every other fan does too. Super good quality, but don't read it all too soon if your on kindle owners lending library, because you'll have to wait ages!! 💖

• Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • The Room Upstairs
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Asylum
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • The Seventh Sense (Mystics #1)
  • The Ghosts of David Brook
  • Floor Four
  • The Maelstrom of the Leaf Academy (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 11)
So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nig ...more

The Crane Diaries (6 books)
  • The Crane Diaries: Homecoming