Start by marking “The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)

The Darkest Assassin

(Lords of the Underworld #14.6)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Gena Showalter comes a new story in her Lords of the Underworld series…

Fox is a demon-possessed immortal with many talents.
Ability to open portals—check
Power to kill the most dangerous Sent Ones—check
Scare away any man who might want to date her—mate
Now, the keeper of Distrust has been marked for death, a winged assassin
Published December 10th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

Start your review of The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
Sophia Triad
Do you remember Bjorn from Angels of Dark series?
What or who was eating away Bjorn????

Finally we will get his story!

Well I loved the story.
Bjorn finds the perfect girl and he has a sizzling chemistry with Fox. Fox is the enemy who was sent to destroy and who later will become his lover.
Many favourite characters from Angels of Dark also appear (Thane I love you!) and the writing style remined me the first books of Lords of the Underworld.

Highly entertaining and highly recommended for all the
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Bjorn, one of the Sent Ones, the One True Dread, was tasked with executing the killer who took out ten of his brethren. Fox the Executioner knew she deserved some sort of punishment for what she had done. She also believed that she should have been shown some lenience or understanding because she didn't want to kill those warriors - it wasn't her fault that the demon who possessed her, Distrust, went a little (a lot) nuts. Their initial meeting didn't go as planned... she's naked, he can't look ...more
◊♦ Naomi
Bjorn is coming...

This book is absolutely amazing and brilliant and all the things you're hoping for. It brings you right back to the Angels of the Dark world with our favorite characters while being absorbed into the LOTU storyline. Like, my mind is blown and I couldn't have hoped for a better story. Seriously. Feels like old school LOTU and I love it.

Gena managed to write the perfect novella, the pacing is just right, Fox and Bjorn work great together and the way they meet is priceless, one of my favorite thing
Jypsy
BRAND NEW RELEASE

What happens when a ruthless winged warrior falls in love with the demon-possessed beauty he’s been ordered to kill?

THE DARKEST ASSASSIN is available now!

Purchase Now:https://amzn.to/2EhKpry

Watch the Book Trailer:http://bit.ly/35g4nh3

*REVIEW*

I will admit I have not read the entire LOTU series-yet. This little detail did not hinder my enjoyment of The
⏃ : ✦ villainous_reads ⏃ : ✦

Gena Showalter fans rejoice, we have another novella in the Lords of the Underworld series. Even after so many books, I can't get enough. It feels like an eternity, but finally the long awaited warrior William is next to get his HEA. So many questions are about to get answered in The Darkest King.

Fox, the keeper of Distrust & Bjorn, an Elite One.

Fox is judge, jury, and executioner. Host to demon of Distrust, she accepts a deal of a lifetime thus losing control of the demon who slaughters
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

I liked Bjorn from the angels series and hoped all the guys would get their books

Here Bjorn is paired with Fox who is Galen's protege and the new keeper of the demon Distrust. Under the demon's influence Fox kills some sent ones and Bjorn is sent to execute her. From the moment they meet sparks fly between them and he ends up taking her captive. A lack of trust and communication between them however leads to a slew of misunderstandings but with war brewing, an army to amass and a
Dianne
Talk about an enemy to lover tale that sizzles across the pages! Gena Showalter has poured all of her special flavor and talent into another fabulous, hardcore paranormal tale with THE DARKEST ASSASSIN!

Bjorn has been tasked with executing The Executioner. Little did he know, the infamous, demon-possessed Fox would make his blood boil with desire. Between his tortured past, his torturous marriage and his overpowering need to possess Fox, Bjorn is caught in a web of danger unlike any he has ever
Alexandra
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I'm always in for yet another story set in the Lords of the Underworld universe. A world so diverse and dimensional that has long since transpired the borders of mythology. To be honest, I loved Fox more here than Bjorn (who acted many times like a jerk).

True the romance and the heat levels were high but I loved how strong Fox was and tried many times to overcome Distrust, her own
Ann Lorz
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

It's been a while since I've read a book by Gena Showalter but I can tell you it was like coming home reading The Darkest Assassin. Right away it reminded me why I loved her books so much. I can feel a summer reread coming on.

I just loved both Bjorn and Fox. The heat coming off these two could heat a twelve-story building. Right away you knew that this story was going to be wild.

Bjorn might have a job to do but
arissa
BJORN HAS A NOVELLA AND I'M JUST FINDING OUT THIS NOW? SCREAMING.
Shirley Cuypers
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Gena Showalter and InkSlinger PR!

The Darkest Assassin
is a novella in the Lords of the Underworld series and tells the story of Fox and Bjorn. You don’t have to read the Lords of the Underworld series to be able to read this novella.

As I mentioned in my review of The Darkest Captive, I loved coming back to the Lords of the Underworld series. I’m planning on reading the other book
Scholar inArmor
LAST READ OF THE YEAR 2019, REMINISCING:

This year was a rollercoaster of everything for me. It started bad, then it started to get better and better. In the end, I could not believe it myself; how successful this year was and how happy I have become. J. R. Ward wrote 3 novels and 1 novella this year. What I love most about her is that she is safe. She writes her book and keeps her story going, she even introduced Murhder back into the fold and reunited Trez with his beloved mate. Larissa Ione
Tanya Davis
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

One of my favorite things about Gena Showalter's books is her female characters and Fox is no exception. She's fiesty, smart-mouthed and kick-ass! I loved her from the start. The fact that Fox does something directed by her demon is a sign that she hasn't gotten good control of it yet. It also means that she is going to regret some of her actions.

Julie
I’ve read all the books in this series. Bijorn was in a spin off series (Angels of the Dark) and I’ve been wondering if he’d ever get a book.

Fox has been in a few books too. And I’ve never really taken to her, (she seemed very cold and standoffish) but once I read why she was that way, the story had me liking her more.

The story has us visiting Fox not long after she kills innocents (“sent ones” who are angels) she is then attacked by Bijorn (he’s been sent to dispense justice after she’d
romancebookjunkie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gena strikes again with yet another amazing Lords of The Underworld book! After getting glimpses through the series of angels and especially this angel hero I’ve been dying for his story and it did not disappoint!

Our heroine is an immortal being who is also the keeper of the demon Distrust (yeah one of the demons let out of Pandora’s box). In 1 minute her life changes when she somehow kills 10 weaponless angel warriors. Our angel hero gets tasked with bringing her to justice- and when I say
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

The darkest assassin is a stand-alone novella in the Lords of the Underwood series by Gena Showalter. I haven't read the latest books in the series and so, I was a little lost, so I don't believe that readers who are not familiar with the series will enjoy it as much as those who are familiar with what's going on.

In my opinion, the novella should have been longer because the ending was rushed and it was a little unbelievable. I would have preferred to see the characters talk about some
Diane Lynch
Shelves: ebook
Gena Showalter heats things up with The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld #14.6). In this story, Elite 7 member Bjorn is sent to assassinate Gatekeeper Fox, who is possessed by the demon Distrust. The two are instantly attracted to each other despite literally trying to kill each other. This contemporary paranormal romance is suitable for adult readers.

I adored this story. Gena Showalter did an amazing job. The Darkest Assassin was original and exciting throughout. There were unexpected
Noreen Bruce
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy everything written by Gena. This story was no different. It had suspense, humor, steam and everything in between. Novellas are not usually something I enjoy because the story moves quicker than I prefer. This one didn't have that problem. With this read, I want to start the Lords of the Underworld series over and enjoy them again.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Loved it! Feisty, stubborn and tormented both characters were perfectly matched for each other. They challenged and brought out the best of each other. I really enjoyed the story it was fact paced and entertaining!
Firstpella
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute, but this novella is clearly filler aka All About Getting to Mr Randy’s Story.
Here, the H and the h both got shafted.
Brandi Reeves-Pearson (Southern Night Owls Books)
I've always enjoyed reading Gena's Lord of the Underworld series. There is just something so addictive about these books, so of course, I jumped at the chance to read another one.

As I started, I realized that even though it does say you can read this one as a standalone, I felt as if I was missing pieces of the puzzle. Not to mention, I have missed a few of the newer books. In saying that, I would recommend reading the other books first.

The main reason why I say this is because I honestly
 CCAM&GZM
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My issue with paranormal romance (PR) is that every time I choose to read it, I have to take a leap of faith. Why? Because, nowadays, the definition, rules, and characteristics of this sub-genre are no longer respected or even clear. There is a real BIG risk to find erotica, or at least an erotic romance story instead of a PR or, hell, even instead of urban fantasy! Yes, the carnal aspects are somehow (more or less, depending on whom you'll ask) linked with the PR but they should not be the main ...more
Georgia Diamanti
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although i have read all the Lord's books unfortunately i haven't read any angel's books. Until Bjorn.
I will definitely go back and read Thane's book also! <3

As for Bjorn?

Things i loved:

1. That sense of BROTHERHOOD between Bjorn-Thane-Xerxes. Those two men
never stop showing and proclaiming their support to Bjorn. Even when they where
confused from his actions (not killing Fox..)

2. The fact that Fox was/is a powerful and badass woman. I was so into her and i did not expect
that! Her
Malissa
As usual, I fell in love with a Lords of the Underworld story. It's odd because it has only been a year since Gena put out a LotU novel but as I was reading this one I just felt like it had been forever and I was so happy to be back with the 'gang. It felt refreshing.

Fox is a force of nature, I loved her when she was protecting Galen, I love her, even more, when she is trying to protect herself. Her snark, her blood-lust, her chaotic mind, she is just plain fun to 'watch. The only thing that I
*Flora*
A more in-depth version of this review will be live on my blog, Flora's Musings... for the release day 10th December 2019

So, what did I like about it?
Ms Showalter's writing style is very easy to read; she captivated my imagination with her world building, the complexity of her characters and the balance of violence, humour, passion and romance.

I connect to a story more when the main female protagonist is intelligent, resilient, resourceful and has plenty of gumption; Fox ticked all of my boxes
Zsofia T
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was excited about this story, as I knew after reading The Darkest Captive that it will kind of lead up to The Darkest King, William's story. Gena didn't disappoint.
I have to say I not only love her full novels, but also her novellas, and this is not an exception. I like when the story is well-paced and not too complicated in a novella, beause I think there are some that try to contain too much for their shorter extension. But The Darkest Assassin is a good example for how it should be written
Whiskey & Wit Book Reviews
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Would you like to know what's better than A Lords of the Underworld release? - Nothing. Nothing is better.

Of course, fans are all over learning more about Downfall's owners (Bjorn, Xerxes, and Thane). So, when I discovered The Darkest Assassin's male lead - Bjorn - I may have trembled in excitement. I wasn't as sure about getting to know Fox, but I trust Galen's judgment and man, was he so right! Her smart-aleck comments had me insta-swooning over girls with animal names

As this is Showalter's
Sue's Romance Reviews
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Another book in the Lords of the Underworld series. Lord help me! I have loved this series from the beginning and I’m agog that at even this far into the series, Gena is still able to fully captivate me.

From page one, we are brought into Fox’s hell. She’s has always been happy as an assassin who kills the scum of the earth: Murderers, abusers, cheats and liars. She is in her element, never failing to complete a job. However, on this day, she has unwittingly killed ten Sent Ones. All of them
Amy
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever start a book that’s so amazing that you forget to even eat because you can’t put the book down long enough to make something? This is one of those books! I was so absorbed into this story that I ignored almost everything that was happening around me. The apocalypse could have happened and I wouldn’t have known, because I was too busy swooning over Fox and Bjorn. Gena has really done it again! Fox is funny and witty and Bjorn is by the book and honorable. I love how the two are so ...more
Miriam Meza
OMG! This book! Bjorn and Fox were insanely good!

This enemies-to-lovers romance was fabulous, thrilling, sexy, fun and utterly romantic as all the other stories in the Lord of the Underworld series. Bjorn’s mission was to kill Fox, The Executioner, a demon-possessed warrior and the host of Distrust. But since their first encounter there’s an intense chemistry, a pull, between them. Something hard to fight and that most likely will put both of them in danger.

I loved reading about Bjorn and Fox,
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Assassin (LOTU #14.6) 5 26 Jan 17, 2020 02:06PM

• Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • Bound to Midnight
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Best Friends (New Species, #15)
  • A Warrior Christmas (The Protectors, #14)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1, Lords of the Underworld #9.25)