Start by marking “Rivers of London Volume 8: The Fey and the Furious” as Want to Read:
Rivers of London Volume 8: The Fey and the Furious

Rivers of London Volume 8: The Fey and the Furious

(Rivers of London graphic novels #8)

Detective Inspector Peter Grant is back in an all-new comic miniseries from author Ben Aaronovitch!

Trouble never lies far from the race track. When a flash car belonging to a young boy racer from England washes up in the Netherlands with a bagload of unusual cargo, it's evident there is more than meets the eye happening at street races held in an Essex car park.

Enter Detec
Published July 2nd 2019 by Titan Comics

To ask other readers questions about Rivers of London Volume 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rivers of London Volume 8

Start your review of Rivers of London Volume 8: The Fey and the Furious
Paul E. Morph
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is easily the best Rivers of London comicbook spin-off to date. It was exciting and heartfelt and contained a character moment that I really hope isn’t just forgotten about in future books. The artwork really stepped up a gear about halfway through this collection and I hope they manage to maintain that standard in future collections.
Stephen Richter
I love the River of London book series and the comics are a delight as they add to the story . Very often what happens in the comic makes it into the books with a side inference or characters. Just adds to the fun. Street Racing and Unicorns? There are new characters that I am sure will show up in the future. if you are a fan of the book series, the comics are a must read.
Andrew
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well much to my chagrin I discovered that the latest installment in the Rivers of London was released and I missed it (in my defence they had moved the date several times due to the pandemic). So you as you can imagine I had to go out and get a copy - and here it is.

I have to admit even though the whole series of stories are set in the fantastical world of the Demi-monde it is more recognizable than most for its depiction of the real (read our) world. So as a result this I felt was probably the
Marjolein
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review to follow!
Raj
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alongside the excellent pun in the title, this is probably one of the better recent Peter Grant graphic novels, as the Folly is called to investigate a drowned boy racer with a boot full of very unusual cargo. Once again, Peter finds himself entangled with the fey, reliant only on his wits to help him through.

Moreso than even usual, this graphic novel was Grant-heavy, with minimal appearances from Nightingale and Guleed (and none whatsoever from Molly, boo). There was an incident with Guleed tha
Dubysa
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
- Tai, vadinasi, egzistuoja dar ir pačios upės deivė? - paklausiau.
- Taip, Motina Temzė, - kantriai paaiškino mano mokytojas. - yra dar ir upės dievas - Temzės Tėvas.
<...>
- O jie išties dievai?
- Teologinė šio klausimo pusė manęs niekad nedomino, - ištarė Nightingale. - Jie egzistuoja, turi galios ir gali pažeisti viešąją tvarką - vadinasi, jau patenka į policijos akiratį.
///
Perskaičiau seniai turėtą Ben Aronovitch "Rivers of London" (2011) - tikra gerulė fantastikos bačka, pilna neblogo humoro.
Shannon Appelcline
The latest Rivers of London comic is a mash-up of street racing and the fey.

The street-racing aspect of the comic is beautifully illustrated, but otherwise dull, which is a shame because it takes up an entire issue (#2) and then some.

The fey aspect is a neat extension of the series' world, but it gets pretty shallow attention here.

Overall, one of the less-important books in the series: a quick and forgettable read.
Dee
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Delightful, as always. I particularly enjoyed the Beverley in this one, and a wonderful glimpse of the ur-River (that really put me in mind of the ur-Forest of Emily Tesh's Silver in the Wood/Drowned Country). ...more
Katharine
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Always a fun series to follow!
Nitya Iyer
Sep 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3star
Is it weird that the Fey I pictured in my head were much much more terrifying and I'm disappointed about that?

Honestly, I enjoyed this volume more than Action at a Distance and less than Water Weed. But none of them compare to the glory of Lies Sleeping.

Maybe I should stick to reading the novels from now on?
Adrian
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Green'hithe did Heseltine
A shopping dome decree
where doctor and companions ran
through quarries measureless to man
on cathode ray TV.

So twice five miles of fertile ground
with walls and carparks girdled round;
and there were slip roads through the hills
where Kent Police many a racer caught
and there were ancient people starved of thrills
who played poor mortals for their sport.

Peter Grant, our intrepid magical policeman, returns in this 8th graphic novel, which sits in time prior to The October
Sadie Slater
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm currently reading Ben Aaronovitch's new Rivers of London novel, False Value, but I'm finding it rather slow going as my brain isn't really managing to focus on fiction at the moment, so I took a brief break to see whether, having bought a new (and much larger) phone recently, I'd be able to read the latest of the graphic novels, which I hadn't bought when it was released as my iPad had died and I didn't rate my chances of reading it on either a nine-year-old kindle or an iPhone 5S.

It turned
Siobhán
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The last graphic novel in the series was quite underwhelming and this one started off similarily, but changed direction pretty fast. There's weird stuff with cars going on and - BAM - Peter is caught in Fairyland, which was wonderfully weird, funny, and just really really cool. I liked this one a lot, so 5 stars. ...more
Becky
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The artwork is absolutely beautiful, really rich. The plot is great fun and I love the relationships shown between Peter and Beverley but also between Nightingale and Peter and Nightingale and Beverley.
Chris
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Ok addition to this comic book series.
Rebecca
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really need to re read some of the later books.... But I enjoyed this! Especially the sign in the kitchen.....
Todd Glaeser
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun story; but comics might not be the most effective medium for a car racing story.
Nat
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Actually one of the better graphic novels. I liked the reappearance of the queen and unicorns from Foxglove Summer, and I liked that Peter mostly saved himself in this one.
Jen
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Probably more like 3.5. I enjoyed seeing more of Beverly.
Kevin
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5
Jim Mason
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I mean, look at the title of this volume, of course it's amazing! It has speed and criminals and cars and.... (view spoiler) ...more
Yanaba
Again, a nice comic. Good story. Good little snippets at the end. Worth having a look at.
Sophie Habinger
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Although I'm not a huge car person I very much enjoyed this new volume of the Rivers of London graphic novel series. It ties in nicely with the story and lets us revisit the wee folk. ...more
Verity W
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fun episode in the life of Peter and the Folly. This time with illegal car racing on the streets of Essex and god knows where. Lovely art too.
Jenette
I have so much love for these. So much.
Erin
Jun 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Read in issues on Hoopla.
Arin Komins
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The graphic novels keep getting better and better!
Marco
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this a bit better than some of the last graphic novel tie-ins to the Rivers of London series.
This volume combines street racing with elements from Foxglove Summer (hence the title of the book), even though actually handling a much deeper problem, and reintroduces a few familiar faces from before.
Very entertaining and recommended for fans of the setting and series.
Andrew Bagwell
Sep 27, 2020
Birgitta
Jul 28, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Die, Vol. 3: The Great Game
  • Last Stand in Lychford (Lychford, #5)
  • The Dark Archive (The Invisible Library, #7)
  • Once & Future, Vol. 2: Old English
  • The Ordeal of the Haunted Room (Chronicles of St. Mary's, #11.5)
  • The Case of the Spellbound Child (Elemental Masters, #14)
  • Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
  • The Book of Peril (The Last Oracle, #2)
  • The Black Song (Raven's Blade, #2)
  • Dead Lies Dreaming (Dead Lies Dreaming #1)
  • Something is Killing the Children, Vol. 1
  • Murder by Other Means (The Dispatcher, #2)
  • Intimations
  • Ring Shout
  • Emergency Skin
  • Welcome Back to the Hellmouth Part 2 (Hellmouth #2)
  • Who Killed Sherlock Holmes? (Shadow Police, #3)
Ben Aaronovitch's career started with a bang writing for Doctor Who, subsided in the middle and then, as is traditional, a third act resurgence with the bestselling Rivers of London series.

Born and raised in London he says that he'll leave his home when they prise his city out of his cold dead fingers.

Rivers of London graphic novels (8 books)
  • Rivers of London: Body Work