Start by marking “Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs (Sweetwater Springs #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs (Sweetwater Springs #2.5)

Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs

(Sweetwater Springs #2.5)

A heartwarming novella in the Sweetwater Springs series from USA Today bestselling author Annie Rains, perfect for fans of RaeAnne Thayne and Debbie Mason.
Published August 6th 2019 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Greta Merchant used a cane, but he knew she walked just fine. The cane was for show, and Paris had seen her beat it against someone’s foot a couple of times.

The nickname had just rolled off his tongue, but it fit. Lace was delicate and beautiful, accentuated by holes that one might think made it more fragile. It was strong, just like the woman sitting next to him.

My Review:

Annie Rains has penned an enjoyable, pleasantly satisfying, and sweet story featuring two lonely yet kind an
Claire Robinson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "There’s nowhere else I’d rather be…" Stars!

Sweetwater Springs is quickly becoming one of my favourite places to visit. Annie has once again delivered a charming and heart-warming read with Paris and Lacy’s story, and after initially meeting Paris in the first book of the series I was really happy ot finally get my hands on his story, I just wish it had been longer!

"Opposites attract is a real thing…"

Lacy and Paris initially meet at the library where she works, and where she has employed h
Ann Lorz
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I'm so happy that I started reading Annie Rains' Sweetwater Springs series. I really have been enjoying it. I truly love when authors add novella's to tide us over till their next mass-market book comes out. It makes the wait much more bearable.

I've been waiting for Paris's story since he first walked into the series. He's one of those characters that draws you to them and you want to know more about them. I kinda
Sanna G. Ståhl (sannareads)
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rc-read, favorites, 2019
If he was a painter, he'd be running for his easel. If he was a writer, he'd grab a pen and paper, ignited by inspiration.

I absolutely adored this book!

Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs seemed so sweet and summerish that I had to read it once I saw it on NetGalley. The moment I started reading this book I fell for Rains beautiful style of writing; it is simple, detailed and breathtaking. I found myself loving the characters almost immediately and couldn't put the book down as the story kept ge
Deanne Patterson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Sweetwater Springs books I've read and I see I've been missing out!
Despite their differences opposites really do attract!
Paris is a tattooed motorcycle riding outgoing guy.
Lacy is the shy girl, the mean girls in high school picked on because she had scoliosis and wore a brace. She still prefers others being the life of the party, as she watches from the sidelines which is perfect for this librarian.
Very sweet romance. Novella length with a very nice hometown feel. This author
Richelle Robinson
*NetGalley Review*

I’m a big fan of this series and didn’t hesitate to jump at the chance to read this book early. Paris and Lacy are complete opposites but you know how the old saying goes. Lacy is the quiet, shy town librarian. Paris is the ‘bad boy’ but has a heart of gold. Things haven’t always been easy for these two in the past and it was nice seeing them overcome their fears. I loved seeing past characters from other books as well. I love this town, I love the people, reading these books
Irene
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received via Netgalley for an honest review

Le sigh... I love getting back to Sweetwater Springs - though I have terrible bookzheimer's and the only character I remembered in this one from the previous books was Dawanda the fudge shop owner (this probably says more about my sweet tooth than anything else!)

Paris and Lacy's story is sweet and funny and lovely and I just wanted more of this story.

It is a complete opposites attract, with the shy librarian and the unattainable bad boy with a hear
Pam
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Annie Rains writes the perfect small town stories. They draw you in & keep you invested in the characters. In this one, we learn about Paris & Lacy. They are perfect together! They both have had difficult childhoods to get past. Paris’s parents were felons & he was in & out of foster care. He really never had a place to call home except for one special foster placement. The Jensen’s in Sweetwater Springs was the one place he felt comfortable.

Lacy faced childhood scoliosis & h
Catherine
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really loved this book. It was a beautiful love story and it was so sweet. I really enjoyed it and I highly recommend it!
Jan Fore
Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs
Annie Rains
August 6, 2019

Annie Rains gives us a continuation of her Sweetwater Springs series in her latest novella, Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs. Lacy Shaw is the librarian in the Sweetwater Springs Library. It is a job she loves. Helping people find the right books to read or information needed for school is what she set out to do when she entered college. All through high school however she was bullied and made fun of because of the necessity to wear a back brace
Cheyenne|Tonkin About Books
description

Such a sweet, light read! I really love this town and cast of characters that Annie Rains has written and I cannot wait to visit Sweetwater Springs again this Winter! Honestly, I would have been thrilled if this had been a full length novel, but a novella is always just as enjoyable.

You can check out other full reviews, author interviews, and bookish talks at Tonkin About Books!

Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
Books and Spoons
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet, adorable, emotional novella.
I loved how connected Paris was to the small town Sweetwater Springs, and how the whole town seemed to look after each other, and if it was wanted or not, it didn't matter.
Paris and Lacy Shaw have a shy yet true connection, I loved how Lucy blossomed and found her inner strength to face the past.
Paris finding his foster parents was touching, and how a memory illness affects a person was realistic and sadly true to life. I wish there would hav
Kerri Fowler
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful addition to the Sweetwater Springs series! Paris and Lacy's story was short and sweet and it made me smile a lot and cry a little especially near the end. I was curious about Paris after reading the first book in this series so when I heard about this short story I couldn't wait to read it! What I love about Annie Rains is her ability to make me feel what each of her characters are going through. I can't wait to read more about Paris and Lacy in her future books but the ...more
Shala
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This title was a super cute glimpse at a couple of side characters in the small town of Sweetwater Springs. Paris was always a stand out side character, and I love that he gets a romance with a librarian. I honestly wish this had been a full length novel. I could have easily read much mors about these 2 people!
Madm007
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A novella that encompasses so much!
A sweet, clean read with some very tough and emotional pasts for both Lacey and Paris that very much affected them, tho in different ways . A journey of two very opposite characters who find and bring out the best in each other.
The setting in Sweetwater Springs is so perfectly small town, and of course there are the busybodies just wanting to help lol.
A super short, but meaningful read with an HEA that will have you sighing. Part of a wonderful series, but can
Sascha
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

4 1/2 stars

I have to tell you that reading this novella in the past day has been so welcome. It’s gentle and sweet, heart-warming and kind. I really needed this.

Lacy Shaw had been pretty much bullied in high school because she had to wear a back brace due to childhood scoliosis. She’s used to being in the background. And now, when it’s time for her 10-year high school reunion, she doesn’t want to go. Why should she subject herself to the bullies again?

Paris Montgomery is the new teacher at the l
Living My Best Book Life
Sweetwater Springs. Have you heard of it? Well, it's a sweet and magical place with amazing people, the best coffee reading from Tawanda, and a place for you will most likely fall in love.

I loved everything about Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs. Annie Rains is becoming one of my favorite authors because of this series. It was a beautiful opposites-attract love story.

This short story follows Lacy and Paris. Lacy works at the local library. She hires a computer teacher to teach the older and wiser
Kayla
This was such a fun, sweet book. So much happened in such a short number of pages, but it doesn't feel rushed, choppy, or awkward. So many characters are introduced, but in such a way that they all make sense and it's easy to keep them all straight.

Lacy and Paris are such perfect characters for this story. Lacy is fun and confident, but still has room to grow as a character and learn something about herself with Paris' help. It's great to see Paris again, since he was a fun addition to the firs
Norma Jean
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love visiting Sweetwater Springs. Ms. Rains has a definite talent for creating characters that wrap themselves around your heart. I loved Paris and Lacy’s story!

Lacy is a shy librarian who had a difficult time with “mean girls” during her high school years. She has always been on the sidelines watching the world go by. With her high school reunion coming up, she wants to prove to her former classmates that she is no longer the girl that they treated so badly.

Paris is a survivor of the foster
Angela Sanford
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this romantic novella, the magic continues to weave its wand over the residents of Sweetwater Springs! Lacy Shaw, the shy librarian has never been one to make her presence known but when the handsome Paris shows up to teach a computer class, she finds herself attracted to him. Paris notices Lacy but not in a romantic way until some of the elder members of his class gives him a glimpse at a different version of Lacy. When Paris and Lacy are thrown together during a crisis at the library, the f ...more
Lori R
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was nice to return to Sweetwater Springs in this short story about Lacy Shaw, the town librarian and Paris Montgomery, a graphics designer. This story gives you hope as the two main characters have overcome their pasts, moved on, and have a chance to reconnect with their pasts too. They also have a chance of building a relationship of their own.

I enjoyed Lacy's book group, Ladies Day Out, who did not always read the monthly book but took on other activities at the meeting like enrolling Lacy
Rachel
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a free ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*
I always wonder how authors decide which stories should be short stories and which full novels. I feel like this story had so much more to it than what was able to be included in a short story. I enjoyed following Lacy and Paris as they came out of their respective shells, but getting past their hangups just happened too quickly. I would have loved to see more of their romance and Paris' reconnection wit
Connie
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a wonderful short story. I adored Paris and Lacy and their journey to really accepting themselves and opening up to the possibly of a relationship. Even though I didn't wear a back brace in high school, I was bullied as well. I could see a younger version of myself in Lacy. I adored getting an inside look into the thoughts of both characters. This helped m
Jamie
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Anywhere I've been in my life, I've always been under these same stars. I've always wished I was somewhere different when I looked up, but tonight, there's nowhere else I'd rather be."

Kiss me in Sweetwater Springs bring you back home to the wonderful town of Sweetwater Springs. I have come to love the town and all of the people who live there. Author Annie Rains does a magnificent job at bringing her characters to life and having her readers fall in love with them. She will tug at your heartstr
Sarah Lehman
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love Sweetwater Springs & this was such a nice, short visit there. Lacey is the town librarian who loves helping people find the perfect books. Paris hadn't planned to stay in Sweetwater Springs but after Lacey had contacted him asking if he'd help teach a class at the library he stayed for a bit. Lacey was very shy after being bullied & teased during high school & hadn't planned on going to her high school reunion. Paris didn't have an easy life, going between foster homes. E ...more
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs was a sweet and easygoing read. The writing drew me in and the story and characters had that lovable small-town charm.

The story was fast paced and the romance bloomed quickly between Paris and Lacy. The deep emotional connection between them wasn't really there, but for a short novella it was still a cute and satisfying pairing. I loved the overall light feel of the story, and the setting felt like it was really brought to life.

If you're short on time and need a fa
Melena Torretta
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs, 2019

A short and sweet addition to the Sweetwater Springs series from Annie Rains!

Lacy is the shy town librarian and Paris is a graphic designer who has agreed to teach a computer class for seniors. They each had experiences that have made connecting with others and having relationships difficult.

I liked how Paris brought Lacy out of her shell and wanted her to have new experiences and Lacy helped Paris with connecting with the town and people from his past.

This novella is a quick read and m
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so MAD to see this book end. I absolutely LOVED it. I loved are quick the author grabs your attention and keeps your attention from beginning to the end. I really found Lacy's story so sweet and how big of a heart she had for not just her family but those who came into her library they all seemed important to her. Paris has a "wall" up but not so high that just the right person couldn't reach his heart. This book was seriously one of the sweetest read and probably one of my favorite reads ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Very sweet story. The old story of opposites attract yet are so alike. Two people who find each other out of unseen loneliness. They both know a lot of people who consider them friends, yet neither are social butterflies.

You see Lacy is the local librarian a sweet shy beauty who has learned to stay to herself. Unless you’re in her domain, the library. Though she is in the Ladies Day Out Group as she puts it “a gaggle of women who regularly get together to hang out and have fun.”

For Lacy, it w
« previous 1 3 next »
Annie Rains is a contemporary romance author who writes small town love stories set in fictional towns on the coast of North Carolina. Raised in one of America's largest military communities, Annie often features heroes who fight for their countries, while also fighting for a place to call home and a good woman to love. When Annie isn't writing, she's spending time with her husband and 3 children, ...more

Sweetwater Springs (3 books)
  • Christmas on Mistletoe Lane (Sweetwater Springs, #1)
  • Springtime at Hope Cottage (Sweetwater Springs, #2)
  • Snowfall on Cedar Trail (Sweetwater Springs #3)