Start by marking “The A to Z of Girlfriends” as Want to Read:

The A to Z of Girlfriends

Izzy Mortimer is getting married. But who is the woman in question? And how exactly did they meet and fall in love? Gather round for Izzy’s story, filled with comical blunders and hilarious bad decisions. From first love gone wrong to her wedding day, it’s a winding road to true love…

An entertaining romantic comedy from the author of ‘The Plus One’ and ‘By Any Other Name
Published December 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The A to Z of Girlfriends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The A to Z of Girlfriends

Start your review of The A to Z of Girlfriends
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
rep: lesbian mc, lots of wlw side characters, f/f romance

did i finish this book or did this book finish me
Anna
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-f, lgbt-reads
The main and exclusive reason for my rating? I HATED the heroine. Legit, could not stand her and cursed her out throughout the entire time I was reading.

Izzy: *breathes*

Me:

She is rude, petty, judgmental af, never takes responsibilities for her actions or anything that ever happens. Nothing is ever her fault, she is perfect and she talks about women and people as if she is above and better than them. I knew I had hit all new levels of dislike for her when she gets cheated on and my immediate r
Len
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This had me at “She was a woman with a career, an almost paid off Vauxhall Astra and a premium Spotify account.” 😁

This is my favorite from the author. I’m still smiling. I think when it comes to rom-com Natasha West is the best. The story just flows smoothly. The funny parts weren’t forced. Loved it! Easy 5 stars.

Lexxi Kitty
This might be the most competently written book I've read by this author. But ... there was some humor but not as much as normal. That or my loathing of Izzy Mortimer was such that the humor didn't translate as well. ...more
C. Mack
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A-Z

Ahhh, what a satisfying read! Really enjoyed reading about Izzy, the MC and her quest for love. This author has rapidly become a go-to for lovely reads that are fun, sometimes amusing and witty, but also with gravitas, grit and realism to balance it all out.
Susan
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Well written with strong characters, this book tells of one woman's struggle to find love, and all of the false starts and near misses along the way. From the first girl she kissed to a disappearing bride-to-be, her story comes full circle. Don't miss it! A must for your TBR list.
Alex
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved It.

I liked it start at the almost ending and you assume and hope there is a happy ending, but have to live the whole story, her story, with different people. It reminded me of the movie Definitely, maybe.

The ending is super adorably cheesy, just my kind of thing.
Jaie
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this quite a bit. Sure it was silly, but it felt strangely relate able.
TiredBiGirl
This book is a mixed bag for me. I liked the basic set-up, most of it was good, some of it fell flat.

It covers a decade of one woman's life through her relationships. It was refreshing to see more than one dynamic of lesbian relationships explored and for the MC to sort of mature over time. Reading about a lesbian attempting to lose her virginity to a dude is quite funny really.

Also, Simon's slap was so satisfying- but then the character of Simon needed slap many times in this book because he ke
Doug Elliott
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Flashbacks follow Izzy Mortimer's progression from her teens to her wedding day. The story arc through a number of past relationships works well.

There are enough humorous spots to classify this as a romantic comedy. However, Izzy's tendency to get angry with, and nasty to, those around her detracts from the ambiance on several occasions. The HEA was nice, but she will need therapy if the relationship with Alicia is to work out.
Sandy Clark
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely book, lovable characters

The lovable characters in this book stumble, fall and generally get it all wrong when it comes to love. Who can’t relate to that at some level. The main character, Izzy, is so full of self doubt that she sees love where there isn’t any and is blind to real love already in her life. Yep, I can relate.
moxieBK
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
The A to Z of Girlfriends — Natasha West (43 chapters) April 10-14, 2019

I love, Love, LOVE this author and had never been disappointed into her writings...until now. Still I gave the story four stars. Here's what went down.

I started reading this book on April 10, and after the first few chapters were done, I thought I might be done too. The build-up was great and the letdown was hard. So, I put the thing aside in disgust.

But I like this author so much, I had to gut through the rest of the story.
Leigh
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I have enjoyed every book I have read from this author and this book was no different. If I had to say, I think this is actually my favorite thus far.

Izzy, the main character, is a little misguided at times but so likable. Not only is this book funny, but it is sweet and relatable. The main thing I look for in books is the believability of the characters and their relationships and I felt this book nailed that. Also, I really enjoyed the stylistic approach with the past and present and seei
Ceh131973
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable cute read with some cringe worthy moments. But haven't we all had them. The idea of looking back into your past and exploring how you got to where you are is something most of us do. Wondering if we are worthy, definitively. This was a well written love story with some self-examination going on. Personally, I look back at my path of psychos and I am thankful everyday for where I am. ...more
monica.b.czuba
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The A to Z of Girlfriends

Natasha West +author) does it again. Brilliant story and read, A story of mistakes, deception, crue!ty, and !ove. Parents who constantly argue whilst the children grow up and observe this. There Izzy and Simon the brother. And then there is
Alicia. Nothing girls !meet on the bus whilst going to school.
Izzy story is told and the mistakes she makes.
Perhaps we wiill get Alicia
Gabby
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Predictable but still a fun read

It’s pretty obvious who Izzy ends up marrying but the fun was the road to get there. I am knocking off one star though cause I would have liked to read a bit more about their relationship before they got married as it felt a bit rush.
Stacie Walker
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

Love, love loved this book! Lovely story, told differently to others I have read. Great way to tell the story and immerse the reader into life with Lizzie. Would love to see where her life leads next
Lucecita Angeles
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple yet entertaining

This is like a love story resume, you are bound to identify yourself at some point. Light reading and relatable
Rachel Casteel
May 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Anyone But Her
  • Living
  • Undone (The Kaleidoscope Album Book 1)
  • Good Spin
  • Mutual Benefits
  • When You Least Expect It
  • Bewilder (The Kaleidoscope Album Book 2)
  • Temptation
  • Sweat Equity (LadyLuck Startups, #1)
  • The Wrong Date
  • You're My Kind
  • Tapping into Love
  • One Golden Summer
  • The Do-Over
  • Second Chances
  • The Setup
  • Sunsets and Shades (Sunsets and Shades, #1)
  • A Taste Of Love (The Village Romance, #2)
See top shelves…