Start by marking “Tangle of Time” as Want to Read:
Tangle of Time

Tangle of Time

When Annie Thornton, midwife and fledgling witch, falls through time to a 15th century Yorkshire village, she befriends Will and Jack, two soldiers returning from the French Wars. Annie discovers that a long-ago aunt, also a midwife and witch, has contrived the meeting to expose corruption in a troubled community. Intrigued by the mysterious disappearance of a local innkee ...more
Published November 27th 2018 by Ekstasis Editions

To ask other readers questions about Tangle of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangle of Time

Start your review of Tangle of Time
Elinor
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The time-travelling Annie Thornton, who is also a novice witch, returns from modern-day England to medieval Yorkshire, where she meets two handsome soldiers of fortune and a black cat who can read her mind. This well-written book will appeal to fans of Outlander, and best of all, it's the first in a new series. I know the author personally, so I was privileged to read the manuscript before publication, and I enjoyed it immensely.
Thom
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Spellbinding and Endearing Tale. Everything Witchcraft and Time Travel needs to be.

Murder, mystery, witchcraft and time travel. All elements for an endearing tale of romance and intrigue for a fledgling witch. Annie is cast 600 years into the past to solve a mysterious disappearance. Now she is the one in danger!

Maureen Thorpe casts a magical spell on her characters, using unique colloquialisms to draw us into her medieval world. She weaves the past and present together in an endearing manne

Kathleen Pickard
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I studied history in University because I find it fascinating. I have both a BA and an MA in history so I am very fussy about reading history books that are well written and well researched. I always have some trepidation when it comes to historical fiction because it so often lacks adequate research. I bought Maureen Thorpe's Tangle of Time because I could see instantly, its veracity. I am enjoying the book so mch, the historical detail is wonderful, accurate and fitting to a very entertaining ...more
Roxy Boroughs
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An impressive debut novel.

The author’s love of history and research is evident in this tangled tale about a modern-day midwife and novice witch, who is propelled back in time and lands right in the middle of a dangerous mystery. And a romance!

The historic descriptions are so good, you really feel you’re living in medieval Yorkshire—traipsing up and down the streets and eating the food of the day.

This is the first book in a series, so be on the lookout for the second installment in 2020.
David Varga
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book from the author at a farmers market while on vacation, thinking I should help support local authors.

A good read by the author's first book. An easy tale takes us back 600 years to medieval England. The author combines her own experience with enjoyable story telling.

Quickly ordered her second book, Sailing to Byzantium, and about to crack it open. Only disappointment is I won't have it autographed by the author, Maureen Thorpe, like the first.

Ralph Brade
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book is set in 15th century Yorkshire, in and around a fictitious village - Hallamby. The story brings together (friendly) witchcraft and intrigue, all set within a time travel environment. I loved the characters and the mixing of the centuries. It is also educational to appreciate life in the 15th century, as well as a great yarn. I cannot wait for the next book!
Ralph (actually from Hallam!)
Bonnie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, couldn’t wait to pick it up and read more. I don’t find too many books actually have me thinking about the storyline and the characters during the day when I’m not reading but this one did!! Great ending but sad it is over!! Loved it!
Anne Futa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read Tangle of Time twice now, cover to cover in each sitting. I enjoyed it as much the second time as the first.
Looking forward to the next adventure with Annie and Rosamund. I will patiently revisit them in Yorkshire until then.
Anne
Annette Gillis
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book from the author at a Farmers Market in Invermere a year ago. I usually read on Kindle but decided it was time to read this book. I loved the book and the characters and can’t wait to read the next in the series.
Tony Berryman
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
A wonderful time-trip back to Middle Ages Yorkshire to solve a mystery and save the town! Delightful characters and a light writer's touch pulled me through the story, and the deep knowledge of the area's history really brought it to life. Highly recommended.
Joanne
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the story very much looking forward to learn more about life in early Yorkshire.
Paula Martins
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book that is hard to put down! Great historical detail that draws the reader into the magical medieval world!
Will Bowen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tangle of Time is a wonderfully well-crafted book. Having visited the Yorkshire area myself, I can say that this book perfectly captures the atmosphere. The author's passions for writing and Yorkshire is obvious on every page. From precisely drawn and lovable characters to a detailed and researched setting, this book is an incredibly rich brew of historical fantasy and I look forward to reading more about Annie and her adventures through time.
Maureen Thorpe
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tangle of Time is a wonderfully well-crafted book. Having visited the Yorkshire area myself, I can say that this book perfectly captures the atmosphere. Your passion for writing and Yorkshire is obvious on every page. From precisely drawn and lovable characters to a detailed and researched setting, this book is an incredibly rich brew of historical fantasy and I look forward to reading more about Annie and her adventures through time.
William Bowen
Aug 21, 2020
Promoting Yorkshi...: Maureen Thorpe 8 8 Jan 14, 2020 09:31AM

• Notes from a Small Island
  • In a Sunburned Country
  • The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
  • Pani Jeziora (Saga o Wiedźminie, #5)
  • Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)
  • Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1)
  • 1Q84
  • A Little Life
  • The Bridges of Madison County
  • The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
  • Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The House by the Sea
  • Baptism of Fire (The Witcher, #3)
  • Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)
  • Salvage the Bones