Start by marking “Evil Eye (Tiger's Eye Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Evil Eye (Tiger's Eye Mystery, #3)

Evil Eye

(Tiger's Eye Mystery #3)

For Jack Shepherd, tiger shapeshifter and former rebel leader, nothing in life has prepared him for this dead end. Dead End, Florida, to be exact.

When swarms of treasure hunters descend on Dead End in search of legendary pirate Captain Jean Lafitte's fabled lost gold, chaos crashes down on the normally quiet town. When the only treasure chests found have corpses instead o
Published March 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Evil Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Eye

Madison Warner Fairbanks
Evil Eye by Alyssa Day

Paranormal cozy mystery. 4th (counting the intro novella) book in the Tiger’s Eye Mystery series. Best read as part of the series.
120 pages of paranormal hi-jinx with a Pirate ghost, a tiger shifter and a pawn shop in Dead End Florida. Tess is amusing as always with her love of Jack, donuts, and selling the unusual in her pawn shop. It’s a hoot when the buses stop in.
I look forward to more of this wacky little bit of paranormal in Florida.
Ami
To be honest, I didn't recall ANYTHING from the previous books!! Luckily, this one is only a novella length and things go pretty quick. Sure, I only remember the names Tess and Jack, but I don't find it a big trouble to finish the story. Basically, it involves ghost pirate, dead bodies, missing treasures/gold, and alligators!!
Debrac2014
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story but too short! I wonder if the zip-line video shows up on youtube!
Beth
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo, bought-tbr
Very cute as always and of course that moment was caught on video what else did the boys have to do?
Wanda binz
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

This is another fantastic story in the Tiger’s Eye mysteries. This time the ghost of a pirate wants his gold and doesn’t care about the murders. Solving them is fun for us to read and so much more.
Melissa
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute, fun update in the Dead End world but heads up that it's really a novella as it is only about half the length of a regular book.
Mary Heron
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jacks working towards his happily ever after.

We first met Jack Shepard in the Warriors of Poseidon series in which he was on of my favourite characters a tiger shifter and one of the leaders in the resistance. Unfortunately in that series he fell in love with a woman who loved another so at the end of the series was left unfulfilled. So it's great to see this spin off series devoted entirely to Jack as he moves to Florida to take over a pawn shop he's inherited (book one) on arrival he met Tess
Penny Noble
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have loved Jack Shepard for a very long time, and I love the chemistry between him and Tess Callahan. Add to that, I love the plots and side characters with all the Tiger’s Eye books. This one was just a wonderful, and it was so great to be back in this world. As always, there is fun, mystery, and supernatural elements to keep you entertained from start to finish, and I was sad when I realized the book was about to end. And that is the only thing I would have different: the length of the book; ...more
Elisa
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seriously love Tess and Jack, I love Dead End and I want more, longer stories and lots more from these guys, there is just so much potential with this series.

It's a quirky, funny action packed full of supernatural awesomeness and just a truly fun read.

Pirate treasure, dead pirate ghosts, dead bodies it's all happening in Dead End and it looks like Tess and Jack have another magical mystery to solve.
Pandora
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, just pure fun

After Charlaine Harris closed up shop in Sookie Stackhouse, there really wasn't any real supernatural series that wasn't too bleak, graphic or perhaps not sharp enough writing that has compared. Now with Alyssa Day's series it is just the right blend of naivety and humor to enjoy the impossible world of supernaturals.
Jen
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, kindle
Oh Jack and Tess. On another adventure. They are so much fun to read. The characters, the story, the in between. I love this series. The twists and sarcasims. So much fun! Can't wait until the next.
Susan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know why reviews keep comparing Tess to Sookie Stackhouse...

The Tiger’s Eye books are WAY better than poor Sookie. Tess and Jack have a great relationship, and there’s always tons of funny stuff happening. These books are a great read, full of fun, whimsy, and murder. What? You think you can’t have all three? Think again!
Sarah Justi
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
If it can go wrong it will go wrong for Tess! She is hilarious. I can't wait for more!
Gail Koger
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Love the characters and the humor.
Adrienne Testa
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Jack and Tess are perfect together. Amusing as they solve the current murder, with the help of their swamp friends. Pirates and gators make for an interesting combination, especially when buried treasure is involved.
BobaFett114
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Love this series!!

I love Tess and Jack! They have got to be two of my favorite characters!!! The mystery is awesome and I laughed out loud so much!! I would recommend reading these in order, just for back story purposes. I will be reading these again!
Jenncw
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun

Evil Eye was way too short and ended very abruptly. The end was too easily resolved to be satisfying. Still, I love Tess and Jack, so it was fun to catch up with them.
Donna
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evil Eye is a fun cozy mystery with paranormal characters that will make you smile with the flip of each page. Tess and Jack take on a ghostly pirate and some more fleshly villains in a search for gold and treasure. A terrific addition to the series.
Dallass
Give me more!

Bought this late tonight, and have just spent the last hour and a half devouring Evil Eye.

I love the characters that Day has created for this series. Tess and Jack are amazing. I love their snarky, yet sweet, relationship. The date still hasn’t happened, but they are such a great pair. The secondary characters like Lucky, Shelley, Eleanor, and Molly rock up, as well as Tess’s sweet aunt and uncle (who I adore).

The wildcards this time include a temperamental pirate ghost, who is not
Theresa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for this book for a long time. Loved the earlier books and wanted to read more about this kooky town. But they’re too short! You just get involved and enjoying what going on and it’s over.

This one has a pirate ghost walking into Tess’s shop looking for his treasure. Of course, it leads to a murder and a confrontation with, in this case, a high fae.

I love the sweet interaction between Tess and Jack as he ‘courts’ her and tries to get her to go on a date. Just do it, girl!

Fave sc
Lucy
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange of my honest review.
Jack Shepard was a rebel leader in the Warriors of Poseidon series, but now has his own series and it great!!!!
Come and join Jack and Tess Callahan on the case of the lost gold.
It has a little of everything from a tiger, ghost, buried jewels, and even leprechauns.
Must not forget the laughs.
Let Alyssa Day take you the reader on a adventure of magic and romance!
Sheena
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evil Eye, or the continuing adventures of Tess and Jack.

Dead pirates, treasure, alligators, witches, fae and doughnuts. That about sums up this instalment of the Tiger's Eye mysteries. Tess and Jack spark off each other, I'm loving the slow burn of the relationship, I love how Tess is no pushover and stands up for herself.

Oh, and more of the Swamp commandos please and thanks.
Marty Tool
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick adventure for Jack and Tess. Of course various secondary characters from the previous books are represented here which is always fun. You don't have to had read previous books, but it would be more fun and you'd know all the ins and outs of past escapades refered to here. Looking forward to the next installment of this series, hopefully a full length book.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I really enjoyed this installment and perhaps I'm greedy but I wanted more. I felt like this was way too rushed for me. I wanted to know more about Pierre, more about John Luke and Peter, see more of Shelley and have more Tess and Jack time!!!!!

This felt more like a fun novella than an actual story so I'm hoping that the next installment is longer and has more development all around.
Chris Dingman
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Good

I love this series. It makes you laugh cry and scratch your head wondering what is next. I can't wait for the next one. I certainly hope the author breaks it up with just a little romance because the main characters certainly have enough sparks to start an inferno.
Swamp Commandos deserve some love to.
Kris
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Pirate, pirate's gold, gators an more

What happens when a pirate 's ghost shows up in Tess' shop? Jack and Tess have to find out who left a body in his treasure chest and I don't mean the ones he left with it. Add a fae showing up in town after the body shows up and things get interesting. This book is definitely worth reading.
Joanne
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This was a fantastic addition to the Tiger Eye series. I laughed so much at the one scene - luckily no one was around that I had to explain it to. I can't wait for the next one. Highly recommend this series by Alyssa Day.
Robin Morse
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars for Jack & Tess. I love reading the Tiger's Eye Mystery books. They are fun and exciting and I can't put them down. I love the tension and teasing nature of Jack and Tess and look forward to seeing where they are headed. I hope the next one comes out quickly.
Shazza_d2002hotmail.Com
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read

Loved loved loved this book !! I had told myself I will read the first couple of chapters before bed and next thing u knew I had read the full book !! It’s a good job Tomorrow is my day off !! Can’t wait for the next instalment in this series
angela gunstone
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evil eye: tiger's eye mysteries

Can't wait to read more in this series as I couldn't put it down until finished so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. She is a multiple finalist in the prestigious RITA awards for excellence in romance fiction and has won several awards for her novels.

ATLANTIS RISING was the first of Alyssa's Warriors of Poseidon novels for Berkley Publishing, and was featured on the cover of the March, 2007, issue of Roman

Tiger's Eye Mystery (4 books)
  • Dead Eye (Tiger's Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Private Eye (Tiger's Eye Mystery, #2)
  • Eye of Danger (Tiger's Eye Mystery #4)