Start by marking “Shortcake Cake, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Shortcake Cake, Vol. 4

Shortcake Cake, Vol. 4

(Shortcake Cake #4)

An unflappable girl and a cast of lovable male roommates at a boardinghouse create bonds of friendship and romance.

When Ten moves out of her parents’ home in the mountains to live in a boardinghouse, she finds herself becoming fast friends with her male roommates. But can love and romance be far behind?

Riku’s kiss sends Ten into a panic. While she tries to understand why
Published May 7th 2019 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Shortcake Cake, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shortcake Cake, Vol. 4

Start your review of Shortcake Cake, Vol. 4
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Ten Serizawa has a two-hour commute through the mountains to high school every day, so she can’t spend much time hanging out with her friends in the afternoon. She decides to move into the local boardinghouse, where one of her friends and three other boys are living. Ten’s friends consider her to be as oblivious as a rock when it comes to noticing boys and falling in love, but will she be able to keep her calm and steady heart in her new living
Jolien
3.5
Jenny
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed and frustrated with this volume. Long story short, Ten has come to the realization that she likes Riku, Chiaki confessed to Riku that he likes Ten, and Riku's being an asshole to Chiaki now that he knows about Chiaki's feelings.

There are two problems that I have with this whole mess. First of all, Ten and Riku, in my opinion, have little chemistry. I truly believe she has more chemistry with Rei (we'll get to him in a bit) and Chiaki, but maybe that's
Ruthsic
The love triangle intensifies in this volume, as Ten starts to feel things for Riku, and Chiaki finally realizes that he likes her too. The characters have definitely been growing on me, and I was honestly gushing over how many tropes I am ticking off the imaginary bingo card I have. Chiaki, conflicted, decides he is going to tell Riku (but not Ten WTF so much angst) about his feelings towards Ten. So the boys are currently rivals in love, though only Riku considers it rivalry (stop being mean ...more
Derryn

RTC
Hisgirl85
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
4 stars leaning to 4.5 stars. The story is developing in a more forward direction.
Christine
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A clean, sweet read about a freshman girl in high school moving to a boarding house to make friends and be closer to school. Of course, two of the boys who live in the house are handsome!
Sex? Nope!

Swearing/Profanity? None.

Violence? Not really.

Magic? No

LGBTQ + characters? Not specified.

Could a conservative Christian school library include it?

Yes, this is very clean for manga. Boys are not permitted to be in girls' rooms and vice versa. It's a very innocent first love sort of series.
Moriah Venable
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ten wonders why Riku kissed her. Because of studying and work, she doesn't see Riku much. Riku isn't sure if he should act like nothing happened or if they should discuss it.

Meanwhile, Chiaki feelings for Ten continue to grow in which he informs Riku that he likes Ten too. Though the two are friends, they are also rivals. The three of them go to the beach.

Ten goes home and visits her family, and thinks about Riku. On her way back home, she confesses herself that she likes Riku.

I am so excited
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
The romance drama heats up as the main three begin to sort out their feelings. Still very fun, although my main feelings are for the bromance between Riku and Chiaki, rather than either of them with Ten. I'm still not sure who I would want her to date, but I do obviously have a soft spot for reader Chiaki.
Shala
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I continue to love this series with each volume!
There was HUGE PROGRESS in this volume!!!!! The love triangle is strong with this shojo, and I'm totally ok with it! This is a love triangle that doesn't bother me, which is rare. I want to know what happens to my babies! I need volume 5 yesterday!
Shawna (BacchusVines)
This is an adorably drawn shojo series, but I'm not sure I want to continue purchasing this series, because I'm not really invested in this series.
Mary
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Why do I feel like this series wants to torture me? The love triangle happening here makes my soul hurt (though at this point I'm not nearly as affected as Anonymous Noise).
Natalia Soldevila
Alexandria Joy
Jul 23, 2019
Frnz Pilar
Jun 28, 2017
Euphemia
Hmm... mg? - *cough cough! ...welp, at least it happen in the instant the met...
Andrew
Aug 26, 2019
Mark Evans
May 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• アオハライド 6 (Ao Haru Ride, #6)
  • Waiting for Spring 11 (Waiting for Spring, #11)
  • Love in Focus Vol. 2 (Love in Focus, #2)
  • Love in Focus Vol. 1 (Love in Focus, #1)
  • アオハライド 4 (Ao Haru Ride, #4)
  • ひるなかの流星 1 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 1]
  • ひるなかの流星 2 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 2]
  • アオハライド 5 (Ao Haru Ride, #5)
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
  • アオハライド 3 (Ao Haru Ride, #3)
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 2 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 2] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #2)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 3 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 3] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, #3)
  • 水神の生贄 10 [Suijin no Hanayome 10] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #10)
  • Love in Focus Vol. 3 (Love in Focus, #3)
  • Takane et Hana T09
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Takane & Hana T8 (Takane to Hana, #8)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 2 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 2] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, #2)
MORISHITA Suu
Name (in native language): 森下suu

Blood type: A
Zodiac: Taurus

Mangaka duo: Story: Makiro (マキロ), Illustration: Nachiyan (なちやん)

Favourite food: chicken nanban

Assistant: Aizawa Yuki-mei

Shortcake Cake (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 1 (Shortcake Cake, #1)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 2 (Shortcake Cake, #2)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 3 (Shortcake Cake, #3)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 5 (Shortcake Cake, #5)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 6 (Shortcake Cake, #6)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 7 (Shortcake Cake, #7)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 8 (Shortcake Cake, #8)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 9 (Shortcake Cake, #9)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 10 (Shortcake Cake, #10)
  • ショートケーキケーキ 11 (Shortcake Cake, #11)