Start by marking “Jock (Boston Terriers #5)” as Want to Read:
Jock (Boston Terriers #5)

Jock

(Boston Terriers #5)

When the dean of students asked me for a favor, I had no idea it would mean tutoring Owen Dawson.

Me, forced to spend time with Boston University’s notorious quarterback?

With his dark hair, chiseled body, and a promising future playing in the NFL, every guy on campus wants to be him. Every girl wants to be under him.

Every girl, except me.

But when we work closely
Published December 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Jock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jock

Start your review of Jock (Boston Terriers #5)
M
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG....I didn't think Jacob could write a more swoon worthy character than Trevor from Tackle, but man, I think he just might have. Just finished Jock, which is the next installment in the Boston Terriers series, and I have 2 words: Owen Dawson!! I am head over heels in love with him. As soon as smart, beautiful Eliza Michel is asked to tutor Boston University's sexy as sin quarterback, Owen Dawson, she knows she is a goner. Quite frankly I was a goner too! This book has all the feels. Its ...more
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God. To say I loved this book would be a damn understatement. IT. WAS. PERFECTION. Just wow.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Give me a sports romance and I’m putty in your hands. Sports romance’s are my absolute weakness and this beauty just hit the damn spot, head on.

Eliza and Owen are two characters I know I won’t be forgetting anytime soon. They’re both complete opposites and Jock just proves that sometimes opposites do in fact attract.

Owen is a jock, a beautiful,
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
#DNF 30%
----------
I can not sympathize with a hero who has an affair with a married woman for 6 months.
And he does not regret it, sex was good and she was cool, according to him.
He is an adult, for God's sake, he has no excuse for this deplorable and irresponsible behavior. He risked his career for sex with an older, married woman who worked for the team.
The beating he took was nothing, in my opinion.
He is not worthy.
I gave up and I'll move on.

“It doesn’t get much worse than sleeping with
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Owen Dawson is suspended from Boston U's football team, then attacked afterward, he is naturally a little down on life. Until he meets the cute girl who's going to tutor him while he catches up with the schoolwork he missed out on while in the hospital. Eliza has the wrong idea about Owen. She figures he is the typical cocky manwhore football player that all jocks are. Until she starts tutoring him and finds out he's actually a sweetheart with a huge heart. As the two fall effortlessly into
Meghann Martin
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just, wow. I don’t even know where to begin with how amazing this book is. This series is one of my favorites and I always look forward to the next knowing it will be amazing, but Jock blew me away. It was one of those stories that, unexpectedly, reaches you all the way to your heart, yet you still are laughing along because it’s full of humor and wit... something Jacob is known for.

When Quarterback for the Boston Terriers, Owen Dawson, meets the smart and beautiful Eliza Michel all you
Kelly
Dec 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at prologue. Was written with short jerky sentences that my 4th grader writes. Too many good books to spend time on something I knew I’d be frustrated with. Just not for me.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I have loved the Boston Terriers since I picked up Penalty over a year ago and with each swoon worthy jock I have fallen more in love with them , but Owen had just dethroned my Brady as TOP DOG! Wow I couldn’t have pictured a better story or person for Owen and for the first part of the book I was so in the dark of where things would go and who would be his woman!

The twists and turns Chance provided just solidified his amazing ability to write stories that are full of intrigue and will leave
Tania's Book Blog
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I just loved loved loved Owen and Eliza!!! Owen wasn’t your typical popular college quarterback. He was decent and smart; he was funny, kind and gorgeous. And he loved his family and was a loyal friend. He met Eliza when she was picked to tutor him after an incident which had him behind on school work. He was intrigued by the studious beauty but nothing was rushed.

Eliza was studious, mature and organized but she disliked jocks because of a bad experience. She was gorgeous but her main
Catreena
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, favorites
JOCK (Boston Terriers 5) Jacob Chance
@JacobChance #jacobchance #sports #sportsromance #football #nerdgirl #jock #college #oppositesattract #secrets
Owen and Eliza
4.5
POV: Dual

This is the second Boston Terriers book that I've read. And thoroughly enjoyed it.
It can be read as a standalone.
Quite a bit of banter between the characters, which I loved.

Owen's aim is to get into NFL, he lives for football. Until something personal becomes public knowledge that gets him suspended from the team. The
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Jacob Chance has done it again with another fantastic book that made me fall in love with the characters of the Boston Terriers world! Owen and Eliza are just so great, I just know everyone else will fall in love with them too.

Owen is the captain of the football team, but after a mistake his world starts to spiral out of control. Owen is such a great character, he is real, he shows his emotions which I just love. He is so sweet and caring towards Eliza, he seriously is the perfect guy!

Eliza
G (heartbooked)
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh Owen freaking Dawson... your remorseful attitude after that big as reveal in the opening chapter - got me feeling some true redemption!

I really enjoyed this sweet read. Jacob Chance really knows how to get his heroes on point! Dawson after everything in the beginning, was such a great character to read about. His true nature and the progress of his character was awesome. Eliza was great - though I had a couple of things I had a problem with in regards to ‘her’ only, her own remorsefulness in
Anne OK
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
My favorite in the BostonTerriers Series. I loved the characters, the storyline and how the relationship developed and the serious obstacles they overcame. Lots of cuteness, too! Love me some sports-related football romance!
Maria Christine
This book is AWESOME!

The freaking twist. I was completely clueless until it happened. OMG.

This book made me cry!
Lula Pantoofle
DNF 55%. I just wasn’t feeling the love here. The couple declare their feelings and I just wonder why. I am not getting the bond, nor the chemistry. I don’t really understand why the h’s daughter is such a secret and I’m starting to feel annoyed that she isn’t being more forthcoming about it. And I’m a little bored by the niceness of their relationship. It’s probably just me. This is my second JC novel, maybe it’s just not meant to be between us. The jury is out. I might return to this at a ...more
KFForever
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Donna on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Eliza Michel is asked for a favour by the dean of students at the Boston University where she attends. What she didn’t bank on was being asked to tutor Owen Dawson, the quarterback for the university football team. A good-looking guy with a promising future playing for the NFL, he is everything the girls want except Eliza isn’t drawn into that. A popular guy with a reputation as all the football players for The Boston Terriers have.
Monica Murphy
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. A great slow build up between a female tutor and a live-by-the-seat-of-your-pants football player.
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow! To say that I loved this book would be a huge understatement. I have read and loved this entire series, and no disrespect to the other Terrier boys, but Owen has completely blown them out of the water! Even my own personal favourite, Brady! I always look forward to a new Jacob Chance book knowing full well it will be incredible and with Jock I was completely blown away. Jacob once again shows his unique talent of drawing the reader in from the very first page into his stories and ...more
AC Squared Book Blog
Shelves: favorites
OMG I LOVED THIS SO HARD!!!! Sports romance are my favs, and I've really liked the other books in this series, BUT this one is by far my fav!

I love how different Eliza and Owen are in this book. Own appears to be the typical jock and Eliza is anything but typical and a nerd. Them being totally different worked soooo well for them, and it really helped them click. They really were not what I expected, both of them, it was so refreshing! I loved that Owen wasn't the "typical" jock, just like the
Jackie Deans Zielke
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I have read the whole Boston Terriers Series and loved them all. But, I think Owen's story is my favorite. I am trying to be as vague as possible with my review because the less you know about this story the more exciting it is to read. Owen and Eliza's story is beautifully written. The relationship moves slowly, which is a little more realistic. There are some "awe" moments, "WTF" moments, and "I did not see that coming" moments, which makes this story amazing. ...more
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
You will not get off the edge of your seat to see how this one ends! I held my breathe for a few parts because holy cow Jacob really out did himself with Eliza! I have to say I have a favorite cover of a different book (Canvas) but my favorite book to read is this one now! I couldn’t get enough and now I still want more of them!!

Eliza is nothing like I thought she would be from what I read in the beginning!! She grows so much from that girl who goes to a Halloween party with her cousin to a
Katie ✨
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jock is the fifth installment in the Boston Terriers series.

One more time we are plunge into Boston University and its football theme that we adore, with its football players that we love even more. Everyone wished to be part of this universe.

One more time, Jacob Chance offers us a flawless lovable hero in this sweet heartwarming well-written romance. Owen Dawson is considerate, charming, funny and big-hearted.

After a rather inconvenient split with a lady he shouldn’t have messed up with, he
Brenda Travers
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW Jock blew me away......

The Boston Terrier Series just keeps on getting better with each release and Jacob Chance absolutely nailed this one. It was both brilliantly written and at times was completely unexpected but in the best way possible.

I believe Jock to be THE BEST Book to date for Jacob, he has very quickly secured himself as a brilliant sports romance writer who is not above giving us way more than expected with each Release.

Jock is Owen Dawson’s story and I absolutely adore this
Keri Loves Books
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He was a JOCK. She’s just the nerdy girl. They say opposites attract...Owen and Eliza were perfectly matched!

Being back with the Boston Terriers is like coming home again. A series with a great group of characters and I look forward to each player’s story.

Owen is not what I expected; he was so much more! The author definitely took me by surprise more than once.

Owen just made a mess of his life and possibly his future. Now he’s living with the consequences. It’s time to get his life back.

Owen’s
Tre Talbot
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my GOSH what a story! Are the exact words I spoke out loud as I finished the last sentence. I have been hooked on the Boston Terriers Series from the beginning and even though they’re all standalone books I’ve read them all as they were released. I didn’t think the previous stories could be topped but here we are with Jock and I’m blown away with Owen and Eliza. Their story is filled with friendship, laughter, romance and even a little emotional coaster ride for a bit that will have you ...more
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book....Absolutely Amazing. If you haven't read this series you are missing out. It takes us through the life and times of these college guys who want to find just the right amount of l8ve, happiness, friendship and trust. But they have to take long roads to get there. In this one we meet Owen and Eliza...two people who have had some bad relationships but overcome it when they find that they are what each other needs. I want to say that you need to read this book ...more
Donna Purcell zappone
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A few things about this book....
First, I couldn't put it down!! I've read it in one sitting forgetting that there were things actually going on around me lol
Second, I freaking love this series. I think it's one of Jacob Chances best to date.
Third, if you think you loved Trevor wait till you meet Owen...he's even more swoon worthy.
If you haven't already figured it out by now... I really enjoyed this book. It's full of funny bantering back and forth between the boys, friendships that will last a
Heather andrews
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Owen tries to do right by his girl, “but I’m not going to do that tonight, or anytime soon. Instead, I’m going to go home like a effing boy scout and think of you while I… well, you can imagine what I’ll be doing.” Owen is a really considerate man, but I think selfishly he doesn't want to let his girl out of his sight, “I’m going too. I’ll pick you up and take you wherever you want to go. I make a great chauffeur.” I loved this book, I fell in love with Owen, and I loved seeing the bond that all ...more
Jodie Coman
Shelves: read-2018
Love it

Every time I read one of Jacobs books I think he can’t get any better but he does. Owen in my fav. Boston Terrier. This story grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down and I cannot wait for Nolan’s story.
Tricia Mccoy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love

Omg I loved Owen!! And Eliza is such a sweet girl! Theres so much more going on in their story with some drama mixed in that makes this one of my faves of the series. I couldnt put it down. You wont be disappointed and I absolutely LOVED the extended epilogue!!
Charmane Hackworth
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I am totally swooning over Owen. Jock is the next book in The Boston Terriers series. I definitely enjoyed the other books but I think this one takes the cake for sure.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Teaching Tucker (Face-Off Legacy #3)
  • Keeping Kane (Face-Off Legacy #2)
  • Jocking Jameson (Face-Off Legacy #4)
  • Debauchery (King University, #3)
  • Pucking Parker (Face-Off Legacy #1)
  • Bruiser (Seattle Sharks #7)
  • Skater (Seattle Sharks #6)
  • Defending Donovan (Face-Off Legacy #6)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Kissing Killian (Face-Off Legacy #5)
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Devilry (King University, #2)
  • Blocker (Seattle Sharks #5)
  • Wheeler (Seattle Sharks #8)
  • Winger (Seattle Sharks #3)
  • Cold Hearted Bastard
Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He’s a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker, and junk food lover.
An international best selling author of romantic suspense and sports romance, Jacob plans on writing many more stories.

Facebook :http://bit.ly/2kqak8Z
Instagram :https://tinyurl.com/y25tntfu
Twitter :https://tinyurl.com/y3xv84qt
Amazon :

Boston Terriers (6 books)
  • Penalty (Boston Terriers #1)
  • Drive (Boston Terriers #2)
  • Coach (Boston Terriers #3)
  • Tackle (Boston Terriers #4)
  • Score (Boston Terriers #6)