Start by marking “Burton Blake” as Want to Read:
Burton Blake

Burton Blake

In this sequel to The Revolutionist, the American journey of three generations locks the neophyte company president, Burton Blake, in a vicious struggle with corporate intrigue, financial greed, and social corruption.

Born to a taxi dancer at the beginning of the Second World War, Burton’s father, Elias Blake, never knows his natural father, who is killed in the South Pacif
Published December 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Burton Blake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burton Blake

Start your review of Burton Blake
Diane
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burton Blake is a sweeping historical fiction epic that will also interest business novel readers because it focuses on corporate greed, family business involvements, historical conundrums revolving around financial decisions, and more.

Historical fiction and business novel audiences receive an astute, compelling story that provides a sequel to Robert Tucker's The Revolutionist, but doesn't require prior familiarity with that book in order to prove satisfying.

Burton's father, Elias Blake, foste
Angela Thompson
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burton Blake is an Engaging Read from Start to Finish. While the author did not catch my interest immediately with Burton Blake as he did in The Revolutionist--his writing style won me over quickly and held my attention through to the end. Although Burton Blake is a sequel to The Revolutionist, readers could certainly read it as a stand-alone novel without feeling lost or confused--and readers of the first book won't feel that the story rehashes the first book. The author creates a very detailed ...more
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Burton Blake is a family saga that spans three generations, from the 1940s to the present day. Robert Tucker is a master storyteller and I enjoyed this book as much as his first one. I read The Revolutionist, where I was introduced to Julie Josephson. This book begins with her daughter Kristina, who gives birth to Elias who is the father of Burton Blake, the main character whose story begins about halfway through the book.

As with The Revolutionist, the author displays the talent of being able to
Melissa W
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed the book. I can't really say what it was, but this book seemed to flow a bit more than The Revolutionist did. I quite liked Burton, as he definitely was a product of his great-grandmother Julie, who was the main character in The Revolutionist. And Burton in his own way became a revolutionist in trying to fight against the greed and corruption that had enveloped his father’s company.

I also really liked the first section of the book, which laid the groundwork for the second part an
Carla
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written journey through three generations of a family as they struggle with building a dynasty, greed and corruption.

Elias Blake never knows his real father, who was killed during the Second World War. He is raised by his mother and stepfather, a man who is consumed with wealth. His stepfather earns his wealth in real estate but he is never really shown as a kind, caring figure which is something Elias really needed. When the only parents he has ever known die in a car accident, h
Amy
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burton Blake is the sequel to Robert M Tucker's fabulous book, The Revolutionist. I loved that book and this one does not disappoint. It tells the story over several generations. Elias Blake is born at the start of the second World War. His father is killed while serving in the South Pacific and Elias is left never knowing him. He is raised by his mother and her new husband, but they bother died. He then has to live with his mother's best friend and her husband. He eventually takes over his pare ...more
Esther Haddie's Haven
Burton Blake is the sequel to "The Revolutionist". And it is just as amazing and as enthralling. It is a page-turning story. I definitely enjoyed this book slightly more than I did the first. The best way I can put it is that if I want to go back and re-read both books again, I wouldn't feel any sort of need to put this book down. I was definitely stuck to my chair while reading.

Burton Blake does not follow the same characters as the previous books. It is it's own storyline. It takes place after
Cheryl
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am happy to report that this book was just as good as the first. While, this book is the sequel to The Revolutionist, I felt like it could have been read as a stand alone novel.

Once again, I was transported back in time. Mr. Tucker had be for the whole journey. This story may have been about family and the past but there was a bit of mystery strewn in as well. It slowly came together and was wrapped up nicely in the end.

Elias and Burton were different but also a little the same. Elias may no
Jenni
RENE
Jan 29, 2020

• The Revolutionist
  • Eternally Artemesia
  • A Season of Sons (Black Spiral, #1)
  • The Last Thing She Said (A Chris Matheson Cold Case Mystery Book 3)
  • Poppy (The Montgomery Sisters, book 2)
  • 120 Days
  • Bad Day
  • What We Do For Love
  • The Road to Delano
  • Velvalee Dickinson: The "doll Woman" Spy
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • Dead Gold (Moccasin Hollow Mystery Series Book 4)
  • Dancing on Seaside
  • Fern (The Montgomery Sisters, #1)
  • The 60 Minute Startup
  • Beyond (Beyond #1)
  • Cartier's Hope
  • Capitalism For Democrats: Why The Country Needs It
Also publishes under Robert M. Tucker. ...more

News & Interviews

“Burton Blake is more than a name. He is a contemporary iconic protagonist whose father emerges from World War II and mid-century America to pass along his corporate empire to a young idealist in modern society. Not only is the novel a suspenseful entertaining story with a large cast of colorful real-life characters, it explores events and influences of the last century that resonate with the country we have become today.” 0 likes