Start by marking “Coyote Lee (Skulls The Early Years, #2)” as Want to Read:
Coyote Lee (Skulls The Early Years, #2)

Coyote Lee

(Skulls MC #20)

The night Xander Lee found himself half-drowned, flat on his back and looking up into the blue eyes of his savior, everything changed. Going from lost boy to hardcore biker overnight definitely had its advantages. But could a guy with no social skills and the burden of a guilt he couldn't shed, ever really fit in? Called Coyote by his brothers and friends, he struggled to ...more
Published December 5th 2018 by Redline Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Coyote Lee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coyote Lee

Start your review of Coyote Lee (Skulls The Early Years, #2)
Joelle
Omg! This author has done it again.We loved Coyote Lee from beginning to end and what a page turner it was and we loved every minute of it.

This author always amazes me as everything she writes is superb.The story started off with a bang and kept you glued to the pages to the very end and along the way I shed a few tears.

I was so looking forward to this story as we never really new to much about Coyote or his life and I have to say that we were very surprised of some of the things we learned abou
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"Could have, would have, should have...he was who he was no matter how he got there and there was no going back."

I've been wanting to read Skulls MC for years, but I felt like I waited too long and was intimidated by how far behind I was. When the author decided to publish (SKULLS MC - The Early Years) I couldn't wait to jump in at the beginning. Well, damn. Now I'm back where I started but with a big motivation to tackle the entire collection, the Southside, and the Westside. Honestly, t
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that I love MC books but this is so much more and I was yelling and screaming at my kindle ready to jump through it to get at Coyote. Some of his decisions he made had me ready to shuttle kick him but I understood why he made them. Plus his relationship with Doc was wonderful. He was his mentor and he lived his life like Doc would have. The romance part of this book is amazing and slow it is not insta love and everything is okay and goes on like life has no worries. No this r ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in “the early years” series, and is about Xander Lee who has a tough upbringing, and is alone until Doc comes to his rescue. As with Doc’s story, this is an emotional roller coaster journey from beginning to end. When Coyote falls in love with his Presidents ol’lady, he is send away to start another chapter. Coyote eventually finds Colleen and has a son with her, but a series of bad decisions and guilt along the way as well as withholding secrets, slowly eat away at him, ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book broke my heart. Coyote goes from nothing to a member of the club with brothers and he does a great job. He falls in love with the wrong woman and everything goes dark. He treats another woman with such a lack of respect that I’m shocked by what I read. The loyalty and growing in this book will make you fall in love with Coyote. Awesome writing with a spectacular storyline.

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

When I re
S
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant / Addictive Page Turner / LOVED IT!

Xander "Coyote" Lee was a very unique person. Based on what you read about him before, this story is going to blow you away as it is not even remotely close to what you would have imagined, he is so much more then what the author led us to believe. His story was so creative and realistic that you feel as if Coyote was someone that you know, someone close to you, a part of your life. That's how Ms. Cooke writes her characters, that's how we
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love the idea that the brilliant Jessie Cooke has decided to write about the Skulls The Early Years, and while these Skulls make a lot more mistakes as they made their mark in the world, it's still something to behold those early years. Xander Lee's young life wasn't pretty, and that's how he found himself half-drowned after a fight, staring up at Doc Marshall, the man who saved him from death. Even with no social skills, or even reading skills, Doc turned him into a Skull called Coyote ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: gail
Xander "Coyote" Lee was lucky to be alive,working as an under ground fighter and a job that you always had to win.When Coyote's luck runs out he is left for dead,then a hand pulls him back from the brink of death and brings him back to life.

Doc Marshall took Coyote in gave him a home and a purpose,leaving Coyote loyal and forever in his debt. That was until Coyote fell for Docs Old Lady,Doc wants him gone and sends him on a mission.

He is sent to California to start a new chapter for the Skulls,b
Julie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coyote Lee’s story was a very intense tale, bringing many characters from past novels into the plot, that may they be slightly younger than when we first met them. And it was an emotional ride, tissues are definitely needed with this one.
Coyote had a hard start in life, but he did the best he could, until it just wasn’t his night in those shocking early years, he then met a man who forged a strong bond between them that would last for life.
His joined the MC in his early life, it’s growth, proble
Books 2 Blog
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Yet another addictive read from this author. This is the second book in the early years series and as with Doc Marshall, this is a must read. The author tells you going in that this is not a HEA book, so you have been warned. The story will take you on quite the emotional rollercoaster, the ups and downs are pretty much all down to the main man, but it is Coyote’s story; it’s raw and he is flawed, but I think that’s what makes it the amazing read that it is. As with life we all make mista
Dimple
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This isn't a typical MC book as it goes back in time to show you the beginnings of the club. If you've ever wondered of the circumstances that created the men that you come to love from the series, this is the place to start. While I didn't have deep affection for Coyote, Wolf wouldn't be the man I adore from his book, if it weren't for his father whom we meet here. We also get to know the man behind the MC, Dax Marshall and how he's affected Coyote's life.

Coyote is a tough man to know, to get c
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

Coyote is a tough man to know,
Shirl
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Before I say anything about the book or the series I want to say I personally don't agree with the reading order. I think both Doc said this book should be the first ones read but that is strictly my opinion.

This was another great part of the series. It does leave a few unanswered questions but there are plenty more books to come so hopefully they will eventually get answered.
Coyote is a bit of a misfit. Socially awkward. He didn't grow up with other kids his age nor did he ever go to school.
Kathy Rouchelle
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Straight forward, no punches pulled storytelling is what you get with this book! Wonderfully written with characters you will love and hate at the same time, meaning you want to throttle them a time or two for their actions or their statements, but that just lends itself to the talent of the author and her ability to draw out the emotions in the reader. Might want to put a bungee cord on your kindle reading this one. Just a thought.

The characters were impeccably written and will have your emoti
Jamie Chomyc
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!! Coyote Lee is book #2 in Jesse Cooke's SKULLS MC: The early years series!! I highly recommend reading Doc Marshall which is the 1st book in the series before reading Coyote's story!!
Doc Marshall saved Xander's (Coyote) life but when Coyote falls in love with Doc's old lady he is banished to California to start another charter of the SKULLS MC!! Now president of his new charter he meets and falls in love with Colleen and has a son!!
But keeping secrets from his wife st
Serena Worker
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coyote had a bad childhood, but Doc Marshall changed that, but when he fell in love with his wife, he sent him to California. He now called it home, he met Colleen and had a son, secrets he kept from his wife ate away at him.
Now the time was he didn’t know what he was going to do without Doc Marshall. Coyote can’t help the memories that flood after the funeral, the good, the bad and the ugly, but all those memories made him who he was today. Coyote’s wife describes him - ‘a good man who has don
Angela
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story

Coyote Lee's story brought forth a wide variety of emotions from the horrific childhood that he barely survived, to his time with the Southside Skulls, creating the Westside SkullsMC , and taking it to places that no ever expected. There was a lot of angst, hate, love, and more than a few twists and turns throughout the years, but he created a legacy that his son Wolf Lee continues to build and thrive on.
This was a fantastic story, and my only wish was that it would have
Jen Jenkins
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series (both South and West-sides) are among my favorite series ever. I love that Ms. Cooke decided to go back and give us a glimpse of the lives of the founding members of this club. Both Doc and Coyote’s stories get SO deep, it’s almost hard to read sometimes! First you love them, then want to slap them, then you want to just hug them till all the bad stuff passed. Soooo many emotions reading these but...that’s when you know you are truly reading a very well written book...when the author ...more
Dmd
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Better and Better

It appears that the early years Skulls were not sweet stories. Also, Doc and Coyote were not as strong about love as their children are. The older guys don’t love with all their hearts but I do love their stories. I was sad for Coyote, poor guy had a tough life. I am glad Colleen and Talia both really loved him. Wished his daughter could have...even though Coyote and Doc were bastards, love how the author made them. I need the next book in this series but now I was in the middl
Julie Jackson
Reviewed for SNS

Jessica Robbins
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour

This is definitely an interesting story I must say. We learned a little about Coyote in the last book but now we get his full story from start to finish from his point of view. He led a life of ups and downs that one would not expect. Yet he was able to keep going even if he didn't always make the right decision. If you want the full background of clubs we have grown to love dive right in I bet you won't
Pamela
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arcs, dark, romance, mc
Xander "Coyote" Lee came through a tough time with the help of his MC and Doc Marshall. Doc is the President of the MC. Coyote makes a big mistake by falling in love with Doc's woman and is sent away to form another chapter for the club. This book gives you a glimpse into the backgrounds of some of the club members. I plan to read all the series. A good MC read.

Shannon Godwin
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I was actually looking forward to reading Coyote's story. Coyote had a hard life growing up and was lucky Doc found him and took him in. This story is heartbreaking. Coyote doesn't deal well with Doc passing and everything spirals out of control for him and his wife. This book is an emotional rollercoaster so make sure you have your tissues with you. ...more
Andrea Floyd
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Not your typical motorcycle club story, no HEA here, just raw gritty reality, add in some romance and action,plenty of twists and turns and intrigue, this makes for one terrific read. This is one book you won't want to miss,the series is one you'll want to read again and again.
Mary Morgan
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Freddie Touchet
Great read.

This is not the typical MC book. The inside, personal look at the characters brings you a much better look at what makes the men of the clubs tick. I have never cried so much for the characters of a book like I did with these men and women.
Kelly
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! this was another wonderful book from Jessie. Love, family, alcohol, cheating. poor coyote i really felt for him. i wanted to reach into the book to help him. I really wanted to cry sometimes.
Samantha Lewis
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read

This is somewhat your typical mc book however you get the whole journey. This book takes you to the end of his life which is rare. There’s no happy ending but the end is very fitting. I still have a few questions that I hope are answered in another book.
Christina
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an excellent read!!

This book actually brought tears to my eyes! My heart broke for Coyote. I know he had his demons but overall he had the biggest heart and was only a lost soul!!
Deana Casey
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another gut wrenching tale of love and loss

The characters seem so real. The sorrow I feel having just finished this book is almost as bad as when I finished Doc. I may have to wait before starting the next book. Oh who am I kidding? Love 💘 this series!

• T-Bone (Satan's Fury-Memphis #9)
  • Hammer (Evil Dead MC, #10)
  • Blood & Bones: Sig (Blood Fury MC, #2)
  • Rider (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #7)
  • Boomer (Ruthless Kings MC, #2)
  • Daughtry (Texas Kings MC #10)
  • Poodle (Ruthless Kings MC, #4)
  • Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #4)
  • Animal's Reformation (Insurgents MC, #13)
  • Little Jack (Hell's Handlers MC, #6)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #3)
  • Skirt (Ruthless Kings MC, #5)
  • Jake: MMA Alpha Fighter Brotherhood
  • Gus (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #6)
  • Knives (Ruthless Kings MC, #9)
  • Blake (Alpha Male Rock Star #4-6)
  • Screw (Hell's Handlers MC, #8)
  • Lucky Forever (Texas Knights MC, #3)

Skulls MC (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • DAX (Southside Skulls MC, #1)
  • CODY (Southside Skulls MC, #2)
  • GUNNER (Southside Skulls MC, #3)
  • ZACK (Southside Skulls MC, #4)
  • LEVI (Southside Skulls MC, #5)
  • KAT (Southside Skulls MC, #6)
  • HUNTER (Southside Skulls MC, #7)
  • GARRETT (Southside Skulls MC, #8)
  • WHEELIE (Southside Skulls MC, #9)
  • JIGSAW (Southside Skulls MC, #10)