Start by marking “Served (Odd Jobs # 2)” as Want to Read:
Served (Odd Jobs # 2)

Served

(Odd Jobs #2)

Against all odds, the bartender gets the girl...

Heather
The term friends to lovers never ends well, as a publicist, I know it's a walking headline of a disaster. So when things shift with my long-time friend from college, I'm torn between what feels right and the inevitable fallout.
I've given up on finding "Mr. Right," but Wyatt won't give up on me; and I don't know why. De
ebook
Published March 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Served, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Served

Julie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bar, romance
I was looking forward to Wyatt and Heather’s book and Served had everything needed for an excellent read. Heather and Wyatt had none each other for years, they’d wished for a more intense relationship - well Wyatt had for sure, but felt himself far unworthy being just a bartender and has little cash to entertain her,
Heather is very wealthy, but she’s a down to earth girl and never flaunts her money, she just couldn’t care less about fancy restaurants and the like, she just wants Wyatt.
It’s an en
Deekay
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A simple friends-to-lovers romance. An enjoyable book to read. The story was so good and also so simple, not that I’m complaining. It was a sweet romance and also a bit steamy, featuring so many great, fun and lovable characters.

Wyatt and Heather are friends for years, and they made it clear how much they love each other. Wyatt always felt like he doesn’t deserve her because he doesn’t have much to offer, and Heather always knew that he will be hers, but a new neighbor that live above Wyatt’s ap
Jennifer Copeland
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Served by AJ Alexander is a fantastic book! This is the second book in the Odd Jobs series. This makes the 4th book that I have read by AJ Alexander and the author didn’t disappoint at all! I couldn’t put my kindle down until I finished reading this awesome book.
Served by AJ Alexander begins with the budding relationship between Heather and Wyatt. The pair have feeling for one another for a long time. Wyatt is afraid to move forward in a relationship because he feels that he isn’t good enough fo
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Heather and Wyatt’s story since they were first introduced in Stay, previously titled Fetch. I instantly fell in love with Heather’s personality and Wyatt’s cluelessness.

Served was everything I could have ever wanted in more. If something could go wrong it did, if someone could stop them from finally taking the plunge **cough cough Cole**. It was truly like watching a reality tv show but so much better and way more steamy.

There is no denying that Wyatt and Heather and m
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Love is drama…

I was really looking forward to reading Heather’s story. Her in-your-face, take no prisoners attitude was once again on full display in this lively romance. Insecurity doesn’t always sit quietly in the corner and that was clear as Heather and Wyatt’s relationship churned and bubbled, not always happily…

After a hiccup-plagued start, their relationship didn’t settle down at all. Instead, the questions they had – about themselves, each other, about the big “us” – kept them on a consis
Caroline F
So...overall, I'm sorry to say that I didn't really enjoy this book.

It was a slow-burn, friends-to-lovers story that was something and nothing really.

Heather and Wyatt have been friends since college. They've been in love with each other all that time but Wyatt has never made a move to progress things out of the friend zone, and Heather's never pushed it preferring to wait for Wyatt to make a move. We're talking years here.

When they finally step over the line, it's all uncertain and up in the
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
A slow burn served up in the second Odd Jobs book. Finally worth the wait when the fire sizzles!

Wyatt and Heather have been playing the relationship dance for years. Heather has been waiting for Wyatt to make the first move, while Wyatt has just been holding back. It has nothing to do with not being attracted to the beautiful woman, instead he feels Heather is way out of his league.

Heather is constantly torn by Wyatt's hot and cold signals. As long as she's wanted the man she can't get a speci
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Slow burn romance between friends

I really looked forward to reading SERVED and I can 100% say that AJ Alexander has written another wonderful story. I loved Heather and Wyatt in Stay and I couldn't wait to see how AJ dealt with their relationship. This story does run along the same timeline as STAY, so I do recommend reading that one first.

Wyatt and Heather have been friends for years, however both have always held a spark for the other. Their's was a slow burn romance that made me giggle at som
Serena Worker
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heather doesn’t know how long she can wait for Wyatt to make the first move she wants him but doesn’t know how long she will wait. After wanting Wyatt to explain why he ignored her, she gives up telling him if he can watch someone else touch her, pushing him enough to silence her with a kiss.
Wyatt knows if they cross the line though there won’t be going back, she will own him and he’s not good enough for her. Wyatt is going to spend as much time as he can with her until she sees she can do much
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

Where to start with this amazing book. We met Wyatt and Heather is Stay. While you can read this book as a standalone, I think it makes more sense to read Stay before. Heather and Wyatt have been friends for a long time. They have always had a thing for each other, but Wyatt feels he's not worth enough of Heather. Heather isn't worried about what Wyatt can and can't give her, she just wants him.

I loved the slow burn and build up of this relations
Lisa
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5*

Wyatt and Heather have an on again off again relationship but neither really want the off part. Wyatt doesn't think that he is good enough for Heather as a bar tender. She comes from money but it doesn't define her and she feels that he too good for her. Heather is frustrated by Wyatt's refusal to take things to the next level. This led me to being very frustrated with both of them and wanting to bang their heads together to get them to see sense!!!

Woven in with the feelings of inade
Becky Wise
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Served was an amazing read. There was a lot of timings and jumping to conclusions in this one. But I think that just sums up the relationship between Heather and Wyatt. Communication goes along way too. Heather is a firecracker that reacts before she thinks. Wyatt is a bit laid back and just down on his luck. Both have liked each other forever and you will go through a bunch of emotions with these two. You'll want to yell and scream at both and bring them in for a hug tell them they are meant fo ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Friends Heather and Wyatt have kind of danced around one another for a while -- she's always liked him and he likes her as well, but doesn't think that he's good enough. She comes from money, and he's just a bartender. None of that matters to Heather, but Wyatt has some major hang-ups about it.

There's a nice slow burn to this story as Heather and Wyatt finally cross the line from friends to more. At times, I wanted to smack both of them for being ridiculous and not communicating, because that wo
Kari Hansen
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt and Heather have been friends since college. Their feelings for each other run much deeper but Heather comes from wealth and is uncertain of his feelings while Wyatt believes she deserves much better than a bartender who can’t afford her the things he thinks she deserves.

When the chemistry between them finally ignites all the insecurities about themselves and their relationship come to light. Will Heather be able to convince Wyatt that all she needs is for him to love her and that money do
Alicia Harrietha
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oooohhhh book two of the Odd Jobs Series by AJ Alexander is seriously sweet!!! This book tells us all about Heather and Wyatt and I love them. Wyatt is the sexy, cute bartender that thinks Heather is just way out of his league. Yet he cannot help but want her anyways. Heather and Wyatt have been friends for a long time and they have this addictive attraction to one another but because of their insecurities they never act on it... till now.

I was completely taken by Wyatt and Heather and loved fa
FunUndertheCovers
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt and Heather have this on again, off again relationship that seems to heat up the pages only to be doused by some sort of catastrophe time and time again. A friends to lovers romance that is littered with misunderstandings and well meaning friends who still seem to keep them apart despite their intention to bring them together so that they may enjoy some happiness in their lives. As is usually the case, a lack of self worth is a major contributor as to what is keeping this couple apart. As ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was entertaining but also a little frustrating in some points. There were times I was confused about the timeline and I wanted to physically shake the characters to knock some freaking sense into them, but other than that this was a fresh story line and definitely teaches love can happen, but sometimes you have to wait for it.

Wyatt and Heather have known each other for years and have definitely been into each other for it but both have not pursued things with each other for their own r
Tara Peters
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We met Heather and Wyatt in Stay and I have been waiting to see what happened with their relationship. Even though they have known each other for years and had a thing for each other, neither has acted on it. He is a bartender and doesn't think he is good enough for her. She just wants him. Even though she comes from money, she doesn't rely on it and never uses it against anyone. Even though their relationship was a slow burn, it was also wonderful to read. I would suggest reading Stay first, b ...more
Carol Seymour
Kathy Wideman
***3.5 Stars***
This is the second book in this series but they can be read as standalones. I haven’t read the first one and wasn’t confused at all. Overall this book was good. However, one of my pet peeves is noncommunication. I kind of felt like this book could have been better if the characters just communicated better. It is a dual point of view book. I liked the characters and the story line. Just not so much that it was a lot of back and forth which could have been solved by taking to each
Kelly Graham
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Heather and Wyatt have both had the hots for each other for years and kind of dance around their feelings as they're both insecure and don't think they deserve each other.
I prefured Heathers character in fetch where she was a secondary character and came over as quite fiesty, although she still seems to say what shes thinking (except maybe to Wyatt) all her insecurities come out in this book so shes not as much fun.
A good read and some funny moments especially when Heather and Addison get togeth
Kali McQuillen
Shelves: 2019-read, 2019-arc
3.5* Heather and Wyatt have known each other for quite some time now. They like other more than the other realizes. Heather wants Wyatt to ask her out, wants him to want her more than just a friend. He seems to accidentally screw things up without even trying to. Their first date was cute if not a little hilarious.

There's times that I think Heather acts immature and Wyatt is WAY too hung up on not being good enough. If they'd actually take the time to sit down and talk and not assume it would ha
Pamela Lunder
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good read. After reading Stay, I was excited to read about Heather and Wyatt. Heather has the in your face, point blank tell it like it is attitude. Who knew she had such big insecurities when it came to Wyatt. Wyatt has been in love with Heather for what seems like forever. He always felt like he wasn't good enough for her. These two and their love story was an emotional rollercoaster. I felt like this was on some levels of how a lot of couples are sometimes. This was a good b ...more
Chris
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I did not like Heather or Wyatt. It felt like they were just having the same discussion over and over and over again. They like each each but can't move forward into a relationship with each other. Why? Why doesn't he just tell her why he doesn't want to get involved so fast and why does she keep crying? I really wanted to like this book since I found the storyline interesting, but it just didn't work for me.
Kathy Rouchelle
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story that will have you smiling, laughing even and then you're hit with whiplash from the way these two go back and forth. Two people, each feeling as though they are not worthy of the other, but for different reasons. Two friends who are giving a go at a relationship that is so full of angst it will make you twitchy. But when they finally get their heads on straight, their words flowing, their chemistry ignited, watch out! It is a lovely story that will give you all the feels, ...more
Gladys
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, the characters of Heather and Wyatt and their endless, friends-to-lovers/push-pull relationship. For me this book had a strong angsty feel. Together or not, these two never let go of their anxieties and just relaxed and embraced what they had. I will be honest and say that I found this frustrating as the story continued and eventually I found it tiring. There are small glimmers of humor and what I felt was quite a bit of sweetness. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Cindy Hughes
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Heather and Wyatt’s story!
They have danced around each other for forever both thinking they were not good enough for the other. It was a roller coaster ride between these two. Also frustrating at times. How long will it take for them to wake up and get their act together?
Served was a great story! I can’t wait for the next book in the Odd Jobs series!
Lauren
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was fun too read and didnt take long. Heather and Wyatt both have there own sets of issues and neither are dealing with them. Once you think there finally getting there crap together one of them messes it up. They have several crappy dates that get bombed ... the Rachael comes into the pic and you think Wyatt would learn but once again he didn't lol. Im glad in the end Heather finally steps up and blurts everything out which made them both admit there feelings.
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
This book didn't disappoint after meeting Heather and Wyatt in Stay.

Heather and Wyatt have danced around each other for years.

Wyatt doesn't think he is worthy of Heather because of his job as a bartender. However, Heather could careless about what he does because she only wants him.

However, will they be able to overcome Wyatt's thought of not being worthy to have a relationship that they both want and deserve? Will Heather be around long enough for Wyatt to get his act together or will she move
Isha Coleman
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
If Stay seemed like perfection, Served isn't far behind. Prepare for seduction. Alexander tempts with laughter, while stealing hearts a little at a time. Heather and Wyatt are far from perfect, but they bring out the best in each other. Served dishes up an alluring menu of humor, heart and honesty that will keep readers coming back for more.
AJ Alexander is a wannabe psychologist, writer, and author of the recently completed, SEAL’ed Series. AJ’s passion is writing angst-filled, happily ever afters that have to be earned by her characters. Women with no backbone need not apply. AJ uses sarcasm and an unlimited supply of song lyrics to bring her romance novels to life.

AJ lives in the angst capital of the world, Seattle Washington with

Odd Jobs (5 books)