Start by marking “Stay (Odd Jobs #1)” as Want to Read:
Stay (Odd Jobs #1)

Stay

(Odd Jobs #1)

Against all odds, does the dog walker get the girl...

Cole knows he doesn’t deserve the white picket fence kind of life, and he’s always been fine with that, until her. The last thing he ever expected when he knocks on his client’s door is the answer to his deepest fantasies. One look and he knows Addison is out of his league, but that won’t stop him trying to make her h
Published March 7th 2019 (first published October 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
No no no... screaming, alcoholic, crazy, childish, bitchy women treating men terribly. Where is the romance in that? Not for me.

Apparently this was released prior under a different name. I am thinking if you are going to re-release why not re-write it too? Or maybe it was because many readers gave it high ratings. I am confused.

* copy received for review consideration
Coco.V
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/27/2019)! 🎁
Laundry
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, the full title of this book is Fetch (Odd Jobs #1) and I was immediately intrigued. I mean, what kind of romance is involved in odd jobs? I'm over here thinking he's like a cleaning guy or garbage man. But then my blondeness got the best of me. I reread the title and put two and two together. Addison and Cole's story is about letting go of the past, throwing away the cliche's and allowing yourself to be happy regardless of how hard it may be.

Story Line: So, the odd job part of this story? Co
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
A lot of heat in a small package… Again…

This is a revamped, republished version of Fetch and it was even better the second time around!

All the things I loved about Addison and Cole’s relationship shined even brighter. Cole’s love of animals and irreverence for most everything meant humour went a long way in his pursuit of Addison. There were laughs and light-hearted moments as they circled each other, one determined to win over the other. And the journey was a treat, entertaining from the first
Ann ✭*✭ Reading is my escape ✭*✭
Cute, fun read

One of the things I like about a hero in every story was his persistence. That he will do everything and will never give up that easily on the girl that he really loves. Well, Cole in this story was exactly that kind of hero. I liked his determination to get the woman he wants. And that's Addison.

“Addy, if you think you can run from me you have another thing coming. You can’t run away no matter how hard you try.”

If there is one thing they should both know about me, I don’t give
Isha Coleman
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Alexander proves that she can hold her own. Fetch is full of captivating moments and scene stealing characters intent on finding a place in your heart. Life is about finding the humor in moments of darkness and heading toward the light. Addison and Cole are a lesson in life, love and moving forward. The scope is not always pretty but the wisdom we gain helps us keep our heads even as we lose our hearts. Sweet and sassy never hurts when dealing with heartache.
Christine C
Mar 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
TGIO! (Thank god it's over)

So Addison is in California staying with her cousin/best friend Heather, who is also BFFs with Cole, the asshole dog walker who literally screws his way through is client list, one house at a time. He meets Addison at Heather's house and decides she's his next conquest. Heather has determined they are perfect for each other and is trying to set them up. Cole and Addison go from hating each other, to hate-banging against the wall in the foyer, to head over heels in a ma
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addison's life was in turmoil with all of its drama. She is seeking solace at her cousin/best friend trying to put her life back together. Cole is the dog walker who makes his conquest through his clients. He sees Addison and decides that she is the one for him but will his past be his downfall to obtaining the one woman that could make his life fulfilled? this story will have you talking about it well after it has been read

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily le
Hannah May Book Reviews

Synopsis:

Addison is running from a life she doesn't want, leaving behind her controlling father. Whilst staying with her cousin and best friend, she meets the handsome dog walker and business man, Cole.

The last thing either of them were looking for was love, yet they become infatuated with each other. However when the past comes back to haunt them, their chance of happiness is jeopardised.

Review:

The synopsis of the book gave nothing away but yet drew me in. I was eager to find about the charact
Michelle

Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series by author AJ Alexander. Fetch is a contemporary romance novel, and one that I really enjoyed at that. It is also AJ Alexander's debut novel, and it deals with plenty of adorable dogs, so you know right off the bat that it is going to be a huge hit with me. And the story lived up to the adorableness of all the furry friends.

Fetch is the story of Addison and Cole. Cole is an interesting character. He is totally full of himself. It took me a while to w
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story was a crazy one because at first I almost gave up on reading the book because of Cole. I could not stand him and his attitude and his behavior. If I was Addison I would have not given him the time of day because he was so arrogant but then he started to redeem himself and I opened up to him and gave him a shot just like Addison did.

Addison has to be careful because she does not know whether or people like her because of her or because of her money. So she has to be very careful about
Marnie
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
💣💥💖Steamy, fun, and relatively quick to read enemies to lovers book. I loved these guys. 💖💥💣

If you’re after a fun to read book about some go-getta college grads who work hard and party harder, you will love this group of friends who despite their personal faults, are always there for each other.
Addison has been badly burned by her fiancée and her wealthy family. They want her to fit a mould. Marry the man chosen by her father, and take up a career be-fitting their medical background.

Trouble is,
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Great humour & drama woven together

STAY was originally released as Fetch and was AJ Alexander's first foray into writing solo, and boy did she nail it. I have read her previous co-written stories, so I knew that the woman could definitely write a great story. STAY had humour and drama interwoven beautifully together, and it openly plays upon all emotions. I loved both Addison and Cole, they were both likeable characters, as were Heather and Wyatt, their wing man and woman.

Addison has moved t
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This first book in her Odd Jobs series is about Addison and Cole, who initially, seem about as mismatched as two people could be. She comes from money and is used to being controlled by her (famous physician) father and ex-boyfriend until she moves away to start her own life and become a teacher. Cole dropped out of veterinary school and started his own successful dog-walking business. Used to going through women like some go through changes of clothes, Cole is shocked when he meets Addison and ...more
Books Laid Bare
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and quirky romance that didn’t just lean on lust it found itself knee deep in what can only be described as a sea of emotion. The first in a new series, the author didn’t leave anything to chance, she loaded the story with everything you could possible want but that didn’t mean that it had everything that you could need because there were times when I thought that the story was a little one sided.
Cole and Addison both felt something for each other when they initially met but Cole was mor
Lisa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5*

Cole, a dog walker, has a reputation with women - he's more of a love and leave them type guy, especially since he found his last serious relationship with another man. Unfortunately, his ex seems to think she is irresistible and can win him back. When Cole meets Addison, his reaction to her is instant, especially as she won't jump straight into bed with him. Addison wants nothing to do with Cole and his womanising ways but Addison makes him want to change his ways and be a one woman
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Cole, the dog walker, actually small business owner of Promener Le Chien, once had the dream of settling down and having a family, but that went out the window when his long time girlfriend cheated on him. Giving up on love he decided to sample the female population like a buffet at a restaurant. That was until he met Addison and she made him think about those long buried dreams.

Addison was in California running from a controlling father, a cheating ex and to begin a new job. She wasn't looking
Jenny Prose
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs Series and the first solo book by AJ Alexander.

This book follows dog walker Cole, and future teacher Addison as they figure something out about themselves, and each other. Cole doesn't just walk dogs, he owns his own business. Has an incredible condo makes lots of money and has Heather as his best friend. Cole is known as a man whore, but who can blame him after the women he loved crushed him.

Addison is a spoiled rich girl who's trying to get away
Jennifer Pierson
Fetch was an amazing story packed in a short(ish) read that never seemed rushed in my opinion. I've read the amazing AJ Alexander teaming up with other author's in the past, but this is the first one by her lonesome. Her talented writing style shone through the pages, and if you knew me & how I felt about the short reads, it takes a lot for me to see them as perfect, because I'm a girl who wants a big book. Now, this is the story about Addison, who is trying to break free from her overbearin ...more
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I enjoyed this story from start to finish. A.J. Alexander did an amazing job on her first solo book. Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series. The story itself sucked me in from the beginning and didn't let go until the very end. I loved getting to meet everyone, but this book focuses on Cole and Addison.

It wasn't easy for these two to get to this point. At times, I wanted to punch Cole. He was cocky and arrogant. But in the end, he redeemed
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series and the first solo book by AJ Alexander. This is a fast and hot romance book.

Cole is a dog walker. Addison is a future teacher. When Cole is out picking up dogs for their morning walks, Addison answers the door at the home of Cole’s client and his best friend, Heather’s home. It was instant lust (and possibly love) for Cole, Addison did not feel the same. Despite Cole’s heart being broken in the past and his man whore ways, he is willing to give al
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stay was previously released under the title Fetch but is now being released with a new title, a new cover and some added scenes.

I already loved the story when I read Fetch, but all the added scenes made me fall in love with Cole and Addison even more. There is no denying their chemistry with each other. This story is a hot, quick read.

Cole had his heart broken, so after the end of a serious relationship he becomes somewhat of a manwhore. Addison ran away from her old life, she needed a change
Wendy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Addison has run across the country to get away from her ex and her family. She found the ex with another woman and then found out he was using her because of her families connections. Her father is trying to control her life. Addison just wants to put her teaching degree to work and make a difference. Luckily her best friend and cousin, Heather, is willing to let her crash with her until she gets settled. Cole is Heather’s friend and owns a dog walking business. Instant attraction but can Addiso ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
3.5 insta love stars!!

This is book one of the “Odd Jobs” series. No cliffhanger so can be read as a stand alone. I’m looking forward to the following books because I am definitely loving all the characters in this book.

This is a super fast romance read. I think the four main characters are funny and the author did a great job in the development of said characters with as short as the book was. I think Heather (the cousin/best friend) is like super cool except the way she treats Wyatt had me no
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

Very predictable , but fun short story. Addison moves away from her controlling father and his expectations of her. She moves in with her aunt and cousin. She has a position as a teacher when school return after summer. She meets the dog walker Cole, sparks fly and complications start to happen.

Vickie is Cole's ex that won't leave him alone. They go on a double date, which ends badly with Vickie draped over Cole and her friend over Wyatt. Addy and Heather go to New York for some r
Amy Stephens
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who can say no to a story about dogs!

Fetch is a unique story that turned out to be really cute. Seriously, Cole was pretty dang smart starting up his own dog walking service. The beginning was a little choppy for me as the author bounced around with the different characters introductions. But once Addison and Cole met, I couldn't help but to get sucked into the story line. Addison had her issues with her father and I wanted things to work out between her and Cole after a little matchmaking by he
Stephanie Ditmore
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book. This is my first book by this author and I loved it! It’s angst, sweet, sexy and frustrating, but all in the best way possible. Cole and Addison have both had bad relationships in the past and trying to move forward from them, well they went about it differently. Addy moved miles away and Cole, well he became a man whore. Addy’s cousin Heather is Cole’s friend and is trying to help him and Addy in the love department, and it’s going to be a l ...more
Thuy Taylor
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8 stars.

Addison moved away from her parents to get away from her father's controlling ways. She wants to make it on her own. She comes from wealth, but with wealth comes expectations and her in particular, her crazy, do it my way or lose everything kinda dad.

Cole wants to live a happy life. He left school to start his own business as a dog walker. He's done very well for himself, and also because of a broken past relationship, he really doesn't do relationships. Until Addy.....

What I didn't un
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Cute, fast, and sweet with a nice bit a naughty thrown in Fetch is the kind of book you pick up and relax with. You’ve got ladies with plenty of sass and sexy men who would do anything for them along with puppies and the perfect bit of drama to keep you hooked start to finish in this book! I adored AJ Alexander’s writing in this. She perfectly balances the serious with the sweet and even funny with Addy’s cousin Heather around.
Cole definitely took his role as manwhore seriously, but that instan
Julie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn’t really know what to expect but it surprised me. It started with Cole explaining how he lived his life and how great it was and how his dog walking business keeps him busy with work and fun.
Then there’s Addison, a lady who see’s Cole for who he is, a borderline sleaze bag who needs putting in his place a time or two and has no problem putting him there.
I have to admire Cole’s thick skin though, he was a determined man in his pursuit of Addison, he became very persistent even though she d
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: Excerpt - Stay Coming 3/7 1 7 Mar 01, 2019 12:45PM
Romance Retreat: Against the odds a dog walker gets the girl.... 3 10 Jan 28, 2019 06:04PM
AJ Alexander is a wannabe psychologist, writer, and author of the recently completed, SEAL’ed Series. AJ’s passion is writing angst-filled, happily ever afters that have to be earned by her characters. Women with no backbone need not apply. AJ uses sarcasm and an unlimited supply of song lyrics to bring her romance novels to life.

AJ lives in the angst capital of the world, Seattle Washington with

Odd Jobs (4 books)