Start by marking “Stay (Odd Jobs #1)” as Want to Read:
Stay (Odd Jobs #1)

Stay

(Odd Jobs #1)

Against all odds, the dog walker gets the girl...

Addison
Never knowing if someone is genuinely interested in me or my family’s money keeps my guard up. So when he shows up, my instant hatred for his good looks and sexy smile is no surprise.
I soon discover that Cole isn’t who I think he is, but I'm afraid to lower my walls and let him in. After his relentless pursuing, I f
Published March 7th 2019 (first published October 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
No no no... screaming, alcoholic, crazy, childish, bitchy women treating men terribly. Where is the romance in that? Not for me.

Apparently this was released prior under a different name. I am thinking if you are going to re-release why not re-write it too? Or maybe it was because many readers gave it high ratings. I am confused.

* copy received for review consideration
Laundry
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, the full title of this book is Fetch (Odd Jobs #1) and I was immediately intrigued. I mean, what kind of romance is involved in odd jobs? I'm over here thinking he's like a cleaning guy or garbage man. But then my blondeness got the best of me. I reread the title and put two and two together. Addison and Cole's story is about letting go of the past, throwing away the cliche's and allowing yourself to be happy regardless of how hard it may be.

Story Line: So, the odd job part of this story? Co
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
A lot of heat in a small package… Again…

This is a revamped, republished version of Fetch and it was even better the second time around!

All the things I loved about Addison and Cole’s relationship shined even brighter. Cole’s love of animals and irreverence for most everything meant humour went a long way in his pursuit of Addison. There were laughs and light-hearted moments as they circled each other, one determined to win over the other. And the journey was a treat, entertaining from the first
Ann ✭*✭ Reading is my escape ✭*✭
Cute, fun read

One of the things I like about a hero in every story was his persistence. That he will do everything and will never give up that easily on the girl that he really loves. Well, Cole in this story was exactly that kind of hero. I liked his determination to get the woman he wants. And that's Addison.

“Addy, if you think you can run from me you have another thing coming. You can’t run away no matter how hard you try.”

If there is one thing they should both know about me, I don’t give
Isha Coleman
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Alexander proves that she can hold her own. Fetch is full of captivating moments and scene stealing characters intent on finding a place in your heart. Life is about finding the humor in moments of darkness and heading toward the light. Addison and Cole are a lesson in life, love and moving forward. The scope is not always pretty but the wisdom we gain helps us keep our heads even as we lose our hearts. Sweet and sassy never hurts when dealing with heartache.
Hannah May Book Reviews

Synopsis:

Addison is running from a life she doesn't want, leaving behind her controlling father. Whilst staying with her cousin and best friend, she meets the handsome dog walker and business man, Cole.

The last thing either of them were looking for was love, yet they become infatuated with each other. However when the past comes back to haunt them, their chance of happiness is jeopardised.

Review:

The synopsis of the book gave nothing away but yet drew me in. I was eager to find about the charact
Michelle

Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series by author AJ Alexander. Fetch is a contemporary romance novel, and one that I really enjoyed at that. It is also AJ Alexander's debut novel, and it deals with plenty of adorable dogs, so you know right off the bat that it is going to be a huge hit with me. And the story lived up to the adorableness of all the furry friends.

Fetch is the story of Addison and Cole. Cole is an interesting character. He is totally full of himself. It took me a while to w
Christine C
Mar 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
TGIO! (Thank god it's over)

So Addison is in California staying with her cousin/best friend Heather, who is also BFFs with Cole, the asshole dog walker who literally screws his way through is client list, one house at a time. He meets Addison at Heather's house and decides she's his next conquest. Heather has determined they are perfect for each other and is trying to set them up. Cole and Addison go from hating each other, to hate-banging against the wall in the foyer, to head over heels in a ma
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story was a crazy one because at first I almost gave up on reading the book because of Cole. I could not stand him and his attitude and his behavior. If I was Addison I would have not given him the time of day because he was so arrogant but then he started to redeem himself and I opened up to him and gave him a shot just like Addison did.

Addison has to be careful because she does not know whether or people like her because of her or because of her money. So she has to be very careful about
Books Laid Bare
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and quirky romance that didn’t just lean on lust it found itself knee deep in what can only be described as a sea of emotion. The first in a new series, the author didn’t leave anything to chance, she loaded the story with everything you could possible want but that didn’t mean that it had everything that you could need because there were times when I thought that the story was a little one sided.
Cole and Addison both felt something for each other when they initially met but Cole was mor
Jennifer Pierson
Fetch was an amazing story packed in a short(ish) read that never seemed rushed in my opinion. I've read the amazing AJ Alexander teaming up with other author's in the past, but this is the first one by her lonesome. Her talented writing style shone through the pages, and if you knew me & how I felt about the short reads, it takes a lot for me to see them as perfect, because I'm a girl who wants a big book. Now, this is the story about Addison, who is trying to break free from her overbearin ...more
Jenny Prose
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs Series and the first solo book by AJ Alexander.

This book follows dog walker Cole, and future teacher Addison as they figure something out about themselves, and each other. Cole doesn't just walk dogs, he owns his own business. Has an incredible condo makes lots of money and has Heather as his best friend. Cole is known as a man whore, but who can blame him after the women he loved crushed him.

Addison is a spoiled rich girl who's trying to get away
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
3.5 insta love stars!!

This is book one of the “Odd Jobs” series. No cliffhanger so can be read as a stand alone. I’m looking forward to the following books because I am definitely loving all the characters in this book.

This is a super fast romance read. I think the four main characters are funny and the author did a great job in the development of said characters with as short as the book was. I think Heather (the cousin/best friend) is like super cool except the way she treats Wyatt had me no
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series and the first solo book by AJ Alexander. This is a fast and hot romance book.

Cole is a dog walker. Addison is a future teacher. When Cole is out picking up dogs for their morning walks, Addison answers the door at the home of Cole’s client and his best friend, Heather’s home. It was instant lust (and possibly love) for Cole, Addison did not feel the same. Despite Cole’s heart being broken in the past and his man whore ways, he is willing to give al
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I enjoyed this story from start to finish. A.J. Alexander did an amazing job on her first solo book. Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series. The story itself sucked me in from the beginning and didn't let go until the very end. I loved getting to meet everyone, but this book focuses on Cole and Addison.

It wasn't easy for these two to get to this point. At times, I wanted to punch Cole. He was cocky and arrogant. But in the end, he redeemed
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

Very predictable , but fun short story. Addison moves away from her controlling father and his expectations of her. She moves in with her aunt and cousin. She has a position as a teacher when school return after summer. She meets the dog walker Cole, sparks fly and complications start to happen.

Vickie is Cole's ex that won't leave him alone. They go on a double date, which ends badly with Vickie draped over Cole and her friend over Wyatt. Addy and Heather go to New York for some r
Thuy Taylor
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8 stars.

Addison moved away from her parents to get away from her father's controlling ways. She wants to make it on her own. She comes from wealth, but with wealth comes expectations and her in particular, her crazy, do it my way or lose everything kinda dad.

Cole wants to live a happy life. He left school to start his own business as a dog walker. He's done very well for himself, and also because of a broken past relationship, he really doesn't do relationships. Until Addy.....

What I didn't un
Amy Stephens
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who can say no to a story about dogs!

Fetch is a unique story that turned out to be really cute. Seriously, Cole was pretty dang smart starting up his own dog walking service. The beginning was a little choppy for me as the author bounced around with the different characters introductions. But once Addison and Cole met, I couldn't help but to get sucked into the story line. Addison had her issues with her father and I wanted things to work out between her and Cole after a little matchmaking by he
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Cute, fast, and sweet with a nice bit a naughty thrown in Fetch is the kind of book you pick up and relax with. You’ve got ladies with plenty of sass and sexy men who would do anything for them along with puppies and the perfect bit of drama to keep you hooked start to finish in this book! I adored AJ Alexander’s writing in this. She perfectly balances the serious with the sweet and even funny with Addy’s cousin Heather around.
Cole definitely took his role as manwhore seriously, but that instan
Becky Wise
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fetch is a very cute romance. Cole isn't just a dog walker but the owner as well. He comes off as a play boy but he is loyal as they come. Once he meets Addison its all over for him. I love how he just knows his future is with her. Addison is running from her demanding father. She is trying to prove she doesn't need anyone to make her own life. Little did she know that Cole would enter the picture and turn her life upside down. Like all stories there is a little angst to be had. There is unrequi ...more
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
This is the first book by A.J. Alexander that I have read and I really enjoyed it.

This story was unique and overall really cute.

Addison is trying to make a life for herself and not what her parents want of her. She is living in California with her cousin and doing just that.

Cole owns his own business that just happens to be a dog walking company. He has really made a name for himself and also really loves what he does. Cole also has a reputation of being a man whore. When he meet Addison all
Linda Ketter
*** 3.5 Stars ***

This was a cute story. Heavy on the romance, but it seemed one-sided. I liked the fact that Cole is a dog walker. This is such an ordinary job and he seems to be successful, but we didn't see a lot of him actually walking the dogs. I liked that Addison was trying to break free from her overbearing parents and assert her independence, but she was quick to acquiesce when her father found out she was in New York and insisted she visit. And then she believed the pictures she found o
Jackie Ziegler
I liked it but it was a bit all over the place.. So many misunderstandings and issues in such a short period of time. If you like insta love this would be for you

Cole meets his freind heather's cousin and instantly falls in love. Addison wants nothing to do with him even though he is hot and she really needs to have fun.. After one night of passion Cole deems her his and one thing after another happens and addison keeps walking away.. How many times will he let her go without fighting?

Heather an
Nicole Ortiz
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute, fun quick Insta-love story. Cole is a womanizing entrepreneur who was scorned by an ex. Addison is a woman trying to stand on her own and get out from under her father's reign. When these two meet there is banter between the two, but explosive chemistry. This was a fun read as they both try to make each other cave. This was quite a roller coaster between these two. You also get a little back story between Heather (Addisons cousin) and Wyatt friends of Cole.
I won an ARC and volu
Konny
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fetch by A.J. Alexander is book one in the Odd Jobs Series and tells Cole and Addison's story.
Cole is the born bachelor. He's a free spirit, women come and go and he works as dog walker.

Addison is a teacher with a overbearing father and is out by herslf for the first time in her life. When she meets Cole it's insta attraction at the first sight. Addison, like the goody two shoes she is, is reluctant, but Cole loves a good challenge. And a challenge she is.

Fetch is a rom/com, witty and fun with c
Kelly Graham
This book was just ok, filled in a few hours on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Cole seemed to fall for Addison in first seconds of meeting (bit unrealistic) then spent the majority of the book trying to make her his.
Addison was trying to escape her rich controlling father, her character was a bit up and down and cried too much for my liking.
Much preferred her cousin Heather as a character, she came across as funny and sassy.

Wendy Livingstone
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Addison and Cole meet the sparks fly, and he is determined that she is the one for him. True love never runs smoothly though, and the past comes back to haunt them both. This is a well written story, which is filled with drama, and is a sweet, sexy, and entertaining read. I was hooked and intrigued throughout, and look forward to reading more from this talented author, and I recommend her work for all readers!
Dar
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book just wasn't for me. From the very beginning I didn't like either character, and as the book progressed, I found I didn't like any of them. Their actions, language, and reactions reminded me or pre-teens who had suddenly ended up as adults. The basis of the story was okay, just didn't care about anyone in the book
Paula Browning
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love this book. It's one of those books that you want to read over and over again. It's an enemies to lovers book. Full of humor and romance. A.J. had definitely outdone herself on this one💖 I would definitely recommend it too. I mostly love how the playboy changes to a one woman man. A must read for anyone who loves a good romance.
Lizzi
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick romantic read that had me smiling most of the way through. Cole and Addison have an undeniable spark, but she is not interested. What will Cole have to do to show Addison that they should be together forever??? A great story!!! It was really nice to have a male hero, that was not a billionaire or deemed an alpha in this story!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Romance Retreat: Excerpt - Stay Coming 3/7 1 6 Mar 01, 2019 12:45PM
Romance Retreat: Against the odds a dog walker gets the girl.... 3 9 Jan 28, 2019 06:04PM
AJ Alexander is a wannabe psychologist, writer, and author of the recently completed, SEAL’ed Series. AJ’s passion is writing angst-filled, happily ever afters that have to be earned by her characters. Women with no backbone need not apply. AJ uses sarcasm and an unlimited supply of song lyrics to bring her romance novels to life.

AJ lives in the angst capital of the world, Seattle Washington with

Odd Jobs (5 books)