Start by marking “Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)” as Want to Read:
Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)

Frost and Flame

(Gods of War #2)

From Gena Showalter, the New York Times bestselling author of the Lords of the Underworld saga, comes Frost and Flame , the second book in the scorching paranormal romance series Gods of War.

Bane of Adwaeweth is the most feared immortal warrior in All War history. Possessed by a bloodthirsty beast, he will stop at nothing to win. Then he meets irresistible Nola Lee. He
Published September 17th 2019 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Frost and Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frost and Flame

Start your review of Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
You are my salvation and my damnation, rolled into one beautiful package.”

Well hot diggity damn, this was great! I'm so happy I gave this series another shot after not quite connecting with the first book, because this one officially hooked me. The connection and chemistry that I found lacking in the first one was absolutely incendiary in this one. Pun intended.

I was so curious about Bane and Nola's book from the second they appeared inShadow and Ice. The story here runs parallel to
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_FrostandFlame_blogtour

So this is the second book in this imaginative new series and this time around we are experiencing foster sister Nora's story.
I actually connected with this story much more than its predecessor and rated this one much higher.
I think that maybe for a multitude of reasons. one biggee being that Nora herself is a lupus and fibromyalgia sufferer.
I myself have fibro so I really felt able to identify with her on a huge level.
I could feel her struggles and easily walk a day in her shoes this really
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This is such an interesting series. The hero, Bane, is a combatant in the All War; a war where there is a member from each realm sent to fight to the death to claim a new realm. Bane is Adwaewethian, a race where the males are possessed by a beast that they transform in to. He is chosen to compete, but also to locate a royal and eliminate her. Nola is a sickly human who finds herself smack in the middle of an otherworldly war, not knowing that she is a hybrid royal. I loved Nola! She was snarky, ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been looking forward to Frost and Flame for the longest time as I loved Knox and Vale in the first book immensely. Nola Lee and Bane were delicious. I loved how their relationship almost seemed kismet and how their story ran parallel to the first book.

While this story was great, I will admit that I was not as connected to them right away. I was mildly frustrated that neither Bane nor Nola Lee were ever really together for long periods of time for almost half the book. The constant
Mackenzie Dering
Frost and Flame is very unique compared to the Shadow and Ice novel. The story begins with the awakening of immortal warriors from their prisons, and Vale and her sister, Nola, witness the scene, trapped in a cavern in Russia.

So Nola has been dreaming about a man for years. His name? Bane of Adwaeweth. During some time of the book, she finally sees him in person. While this happens Vale, Nola's sister is captured by Knox. However, this novel isn't about Vale ladies and gentleman, its about
Beth
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Frost and Flame runs pretty parallel to Shadow and Ice’s timeline. Both Vale London and her sister Nola Lee find themselves in a frozen cavern in Russia where they witness the awaking of immortal warriors from their frozen prison.

While Vale is grabbed by Knox, Nola finds herself face to face with Bane of Adwaeweth, a man she’s been dreaming about for years.

Bane is a fearsome shifting warrior with a beast dragon inside. He requires Nola for his revenge plans against his evil queen, he just never
Firstpella
An OK story from Kresley Cole...oh wait, it’s Showalter, is too phoned in to be anything really more than standard here. Way tooooo cutesy H/h and predictable bad-girl-go-boom for the last few chapters drop down the enjoyment, too.
melissafandomworld
Ok, so let me start by saying that I loooove this world a lot and that the main characters in this one were just a joy to read about. I really like the characters in the series that I’ve met so far and am already looking forward to read more about them all in upcoming installments...

but somehow I also feel a bit disappointed, as I also felt when reading the first book. I feel like there’s something ‘missing’ regarding the writing in this book. It sometimes feels like there’s just not enough
Eva Millien
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The most feared immortal warrior in all War history, Bane of Adwaeweth is possessed by a bloodthirsty beast and he will stop at nothing to win and while he hates the power Nola Lee has over him, she can rain vengeance upon his wife’s killer. Nola is battling illness and addiction, but with Bane, she experiences pleasure for the first time and wants more but being with him comes with a terrible price. Their romance will either save them both or destroy everything they’ve come to love.

The second
Franjessca
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

If you are a fan of Game of Thrones, then you will get some of that show mentioned in this book. I loved it. (Even though the ending of GoT still has me mad.) This book ends up better than GoT’s ending though.

Now I’m anxiously waiting for the next book because I want to know which warrior gets his/her book in the series. I’m hoping it’s Zion because readers will get to know him better in this book.

Story Rating: 4 stars
Steaminess Rating: 3.5 stars
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I’m going to cut to the chase with this book. First off, I was looking forward to diving back into this world because I really enjoyed the first book of the series. However, I have discovered something about the writing in this book. As a fan of Showalter for many years, I can safely say that I have read quite a bit of her books so I am familiar with her writing style. However, it seems that she is changing up her style quite a lot in this series and to be honest, I’m not really sure
Ann Lorz
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranomal, series, family
Reviewed by Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

Sometimes I can't wrap my mind around the fact that I'm read a different series by Showalter's. I'm so use to the other series, Lords of the Underworld that I have to pause and think for a second. Ha! don't you love when that happens? I'm sure as time goes on I'll start seeing this series as it's own.

If you read the first book in the series then you've been waiting on this one. Frost and Flame happen at the same
◊♦ Naomi
I loved this book. Great sequel to Shadow and Ice. Bane is one strong, sexy and sweet (alpha) hero and Nola was a kickass, smart and strong willed heroine. I loved them both and I’m so so so excited for the next book. This just keeps getting better.
Tanya Davis
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it

Today we have the blog tour for Gena Showalter’s Frost and Flame! Check it out and be sure to grab your copy of this fantastic new paranormal romance today.

Frost and Flame takes us back into the All War and to the moment the warriors all wake from their ice prisons. We got Vale's story in Shadow and Ice. Now it is time to get Nola's adventure.

Escape_in_a_Book
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the heck out of this book!

It. Is. So. Good.

As much as I love pretty much everything written by Gena Showalter, FROST AND FLAME has taken a special place in my heart. The heroine, Nola, is one of my favorite characters she has created. Nola has chronic autoimmune diseases and the way her imperfect life is written is well done. The pacing of the story of perfection. The chemistry is hopping of the pages. This is one of the best paranormal romance books I have read this year.

I
Marishka
This book took me a week to finish. I had no problem setting it down and doing something else. We just didn't get along. Plus it wasn't until the very end 90%ish that it caught up to the ending in the first book. That's a big peeve for me. I did enjoy the first book so I'll give book three a chance before I call it quits on this series.

Safety - The opening scene in the prologue was him and his wife getting busy. She was killed shortly after that by the evil queen who was also an ex lover before
Olivia
FROST AND FLAME was everything I hoped for after getting into this series through the first book last year. While the events take place at roughly the same time as the first book, we get a whole different set of people and things going on. And the romance takes the cake.

Nola and her foster-sister Vale were traveling when they find a cave with many frozen and very attractive people in it. As they manage to escape their ice prisons, they begin to learn that they are in the middle of an All War,
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
Frost and Flame is the 2nd book in the Gods of War series, this book is Bane and Nola's story.
Frost and Flame has the same timeline as Shadow and Ice, but we are experiencing Bane and Nola's side rather then Knox and Vale.

I think I enjoyed this story a lot more the Shadow and Ice, while a I loved Knox and Vale, but there's just something about Bane and Nola. They made me fall in love with them more.

Nola is a really relatable character, she suffers with some different conditions and finds
RJ
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: dead-ex, sex-with-ow
Book starts off with a flashback of H having sex with his dead-ex.

Instant DNF.
Katie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm a huge fan of Gena Showalter (the Lords of the Underworld series might be in my top 5 favorite series of all-time, although I stopped reading when William and Gilly didn't end up together), but this series is really missing the mark for me.

I love a little will they-won't they, but the number of times these two went back and forth nearly gave me whiplash. Literally, one paragraph he has finally resigned himself to loving her and the next he's like "wow, no, hate this bitch, bye". Too much. I
Diane Lynch
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highlander meets Hunger Games. The All War continues in book two of Gena Showalter’s God of War series, Frost and Flame. This is Bane of Adwaeweth’s and Nola Lee’s story. The All War Alliance was formed by alien races to limit the casualties of war when fighting for recently discovered territories. When a new realm is discovered each race can enter one warrior to compete to win the realm for their race. It is a battle to the death. Only one survivor is allowed. This time they are fighting for ...more
Shannon

Bane of Adwaeweth:
Nola Lee:
Zion, Vale London, Knox

The Story:

This is not my favorite series by Ms Showalter. The characters and world building are excellent but there is something about it that just doesn’t completely draw me in. Bane is a many layered character. His own loyalties clouding his judgement at times. I personally feel close to Nola as I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia
Michele
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, 0919, priority, fantasy
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars -- See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Gena Showalter’s Gods of War series has quickly become some of my favorite of her work to date. Brutal, comical, sweet and poignant, Frost and Flame took the battle for Terra/Earth to a whole new exciting level.

I will mention first that readers who get squeamish reading gory fight scenes will probably not dig this series. At all. Because–whew!–Showalter doesn’t skimp on the intricate details of the many fights between the
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
abdulia ortiz-perez
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received this free book for honest review.

This is the first time reading anything from this author.

What a beautiful wonderful amazing read.
This one sexy read! So HoT!
What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel did just that to me.
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't wait for her next book.

Omg this book
Anne Z.
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Sadly I cannot say Frost and Flame was as good as Shadow and Ice. In my mind, it
almost doesn’t compare.

Bane and Nola kept ‘playing’ this game of ‘want you-don’t want you’ during most of the book. Although some tension is welcoming on a romance trope like that, this was a little too much. It made some sections of the book rather tedious.

I also didn’t appreciate that it had the exact same timeline as Shadow and Ice. Yes, it was nice knowing what happened to Nola while Knox and Vale’s arc was
Sonal
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

I have been waiting for Bane's book with baited breath and I can't believe it's finally here.

Let me tell you my heart was in my throat because I was scared out of my mind because of this book. My anxiety peaked because I was so worried something horrible would happen. But of course that was just Gena playing with my heart and man did I love it.

Bane turned out to be the love of my life. I mean a beast who is a dragon shifter while also being borderline insanely vengeful? You know I had
Zoe Forward
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book number 2 in the series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I say this because it has been so long since I read book one that I forgot a lot of the details. Don't worry. The author catches the reader up on the past. It's an intriguing world--complex, magical, and filled with all kinds of otherworldly (actually other dimension) creatures who are fighting an All Worlds War to win earth.
The main characters, Bane and Nora, were an interesting mix. Nora battles a mysterious chronic,
Gin
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrific second story in this new series by one of my favorite authors. Warrior gods from other realms land on Earth to fight for the planet and enslave its inhabitants. Well, humans don't take it laying down! A pair of sisters find the warriors and needless to say love connections form. This story runs parallel to the first in the series and has enough background that it is a standalone. The sickly Nola has been abducted by Zion and separated from Vale, her sister, and her medication. But ...more
romancebookjunkie
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gena is one of my favourite authors for a reason and she has BROUGHT IT yet again with this one! I was eagerly awaiting this book as soon as I read book 1 (as the 2 stories happen in tandem) and yet she still somehow managed to surprise me with just how good it was. Paranormal world building was , the romance was , the bloodthirstiness was , and the humour was .

Our heroine hears a voice in her head that for some reason she can’t share with anyone... as in physically can’t. When the voice tells
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Slay All Day
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Seduced by a Demon King (Eternal Mates Series, #17)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been

Gods of War (2 books)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)