Start by marking “A Wedding in December” as Want to Read:

A Wedding in December

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Christmas Sisters comes this funny, charming and heartwarming all new original Christmas novel. This is Sarah Morgan at her festive best!

In the snowy perfection of Aspen, the White family gathers for youngest daughter Rosie’s whirlwind Christmas wedding. First to arrive are the bride’s parents, Maggie and Nick. Their daughter’s
Published October 31st 2019 by HQN Books

Start your review of A Wedding in December
KAS
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Cozy! Charming! Cheery!

Light the fireplace, grab your favorite plushy throw, and snuggle in for the perfect Christmas read to get you excited about this magical season of the year!!

Meet three women with three different and distinct romantic relationships ... one thriving, one ending, and one non-existent. But, as they find out, things can change in the blink of an eye! How these women deal with their feelings that come with those changes was delightfully engaging.

As expected when opening the
Mischenko
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aside from reading a few reviews, I went into this one blind and ended up falling in love with it--nearly reading it in one sitting. This book pretty much consumed my Sunday.

The book opens with Maggie, mother of two daughters (Katie and Rosie) who are now both in their twenties and living on their own. Maggie sort of has some empty nest syndrome because she's spent most of her life making a home for her family, including her husband Nick, but so much has changed. It's Christmas, Maggie's
Paromjit
This is Sarah Morgan's festive feel good romance featuring the White family with the upcoming unexpected wedding of Rosie, studying in Harvard, specialising in Celtic folklore and mythology. Mum, Maggie lives in her much loved home in Oxford, works in publishing, but has been living alone for the last six months, with Nick, an Egyptology professor, having moved out, in preparation for their divorce. Maggie has kept this secret from her daughters, Katie, a busy stressed out A & E doctor, and ...more
Jonetta
Maggie and Nick White raised their two daughters, Katie and Rosie, at Honeysuckle Cottage, in Oxford, England. Katie is an ER trauma physician and Rosie recently left for Harvard in a fully-funded doctoral program. Unknown to their daughters, Maggie and Nick are near divorce having been separated for the last six months. When Rosie calls Maggie in the middle of the night to tell them she’s not only engaged but getting married at Christmas in less than four weeks...in Aspen, Colorado, their lives ...more
Nicola
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
When I picked this up I wasn’t expecting for it to become one of my top reads of 2019, largely because no matter how much I love Sarah Morgan’s writing her women’s fiction and I haven’t got along particularly well, but also because 5-star reads are like hen’s teeth for me the moment. My dry spell is officially over.

description We’re getting married on Christmas Eve.”

Rosie is marrying Dan, her older sister, Katie is determined to halt proceedings whilst rubbing the best man, Jordan up the wrong way and
Ceecee
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of the White family - Mum Maggie, Dad Nick and elder daughter Kate who is ten years older than Rosie. Rosie meets Dan in New York and after a whirl wind romance he proposes on a visit to his mum in Aspen, Colorado to the total shock of her family. They all head to Aspen for Christmas! Maggie and Nick are hiding a secret from their girls and Kate, an A and E doctor (ER) is determined to stop the wedding!

Initially, I didn’t think I would get into this book as for the first few
Kayla☠
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and everything about it! It was wonderful! Perfect, cute, and cozy read for the Christmas season. The characters was wonderfully written with good detail and so much personality! This novel is told in three points of view. First is Maggie, a mom who is in the process of divorcing her longtime husband, Nick. Next we hear about Katie, whom is Maggie's oldest daughter. Katie is a very successful doctor, but doesn't really have the best outlook when it comes to love. Which is ...more
♥Rachel♥
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

A Wedding in December
centers around the three White women: Maggie the mom, and her two adult girls, Katie and Gracie, each having their own life crisis. Twenty-two-year-old Gracie calls home to announce she’s getting married on Christmas Eve, in Aspen, Colorado, disrupting their family tradition of Christmas in at home in the family home of Honeysuckle Cottage, Oxford, England, and the wedding is to take place in just a few weeks.

Maggie has been separated from Nick after thirty-two
Madison Warner Fairbanks
A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan

Alternating POV from Maggie, Rosie, and Katie. The mother and two daughters.
Three very different women yet related. Three very different phases of life and love.
Each must deal with the own love issues as they come together for Rosie’s wedding.

Contemporary romance. Lots of emotional variables, life issues and love. Lots of happy tears.
I loved the writing flow, even as the chapters changed perspective between the three women.
Smart and fulfilling.

Excerpt of
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relatable, charming, heart warming and a read that will leave you with all the warm and fuzzies. A novel perfect not only for romance lovers out there but those looking for a story that is full of Christmas spirit. With a beautiful Colorado setting that almost makes me wish it was Christmas time here as well, this truly was an uplifting story that not only felt real but ended with a happy note that will leave you with a smile on your face and sad that the story is over.

A Wedding in December was
Jessica
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christmas
I received this book for free from the publisher (Harlequin) as part of their bookstagram publicity campaign.

I give this book 3.5 stars which rounds up to 4.

I’ve read one other Sarah Morgan book and loved it so I was really looking forward to reading this one. However, I didn’t love this book as much as I thought I would.

My main issue was the amount of inner dialogue. In the beginning of the book, so much time was spent just on the inner feelings of the 3 main characters. That could have been
Zoe
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quaint, alluring, and evocative!

A Wedding in December is a delightfully amusing, heartfelt tale that sweeps you away to the beautiful winter wonderland of Aspen, Colorado and immerses you into the lives of the White family, especially three strong women, as they gather to celebrate, interrogate, support, heal, grow, communicate, repair relationships, take chances, and start anew.

The prose is vivid and expressive. The characters are genuine, reliable, and compassionate. And the plot, including
Mackey
I absolutely adored A Wedding in December. This is exactly the fun, sweet, warm, witty story that I like to read any time of year but especially in the dead of winter. Don’t you just feel all warm and toasty reading a good love story? Okay, yeah, I maybe stretching it a little but you know what I mean!

Rosie, an ex-pat from the UK, is marrying a yank from Aspen Colorado. Her family has flown in to celebrate the big day but not everyone is in the mood for festivities. Rosie’s parents are on the
Shelby
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: womens-fiction
Maggie has been a mom and wife almost her entire adult life. Ever since her youngest daughter, Rosie, left the house 4-years earlier, she has felt an emptiness left behind by her two girls. And now her marriage of over thirty years to her husband, Nick, appears to be over. Since the summer, Nick and Maggie have been living separately, but they haven’t yet broken the news to Rosie and Katie.

Unexpectedly, Maggie gets a call in the middle of the night from Rosie all the way in the United States.
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Sarah Morgan is at her ‘festive best’ in her new book, which is a touching family drama. A Wedding in December has all the feels, along with plenty of holiday cheer. Set in the snowy locale of Aspen, A Wedding in December encompasses plenty of love, laughter and heartwarming moments. It is a great Christmas holiday read.

A Wedding in December introduces the White Family. With mother Maggie at the helm, with her husband Nick, along with their two daughters,
Amy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it’s only September and I’m already reading Christmas books and I’m totally ok with that! I do want to point out that while this is set right before and during Christmas, it’s not overly holiday heavy if that makes sense. You can easily read it right now like I did or wait until closer to the holiday season, honestly it would be perfect at any time of year!

Sarah Morgan is one of my go to authors, but I have to say that she has a magic touch when it comes to writing seasonal books. This had
Hannah
This is the first Sarah Morgan book that's taken me half the way to get into it. My biggest problem was the chapters were so long, you were with the same character for too long in one go. You had no chance for a breather in the long chapters. Shorter chapters would have been preferable for me.

As for the story I felt it took too long to get going. When half way through it was like a different book the characters were finally feeling more like they were real. Maggie, Rosie and Katie are all
Beth McCraw
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this so much!!
D.M.
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wedding in December isn’t my usual type of read but it was enjoyable enough. This book is about the white family. It’s told from multiple points of view.

Rosie announces she’s getting married and the family are going to Colorado. The white family haven’t met the groom yet and the bride has only known her future for a short time.

Just because it’s December doesn’t mean everyone is feeling jolly. Rosie’s parents are keeping a secret and trying to figure out their own future.

Katie, Rosie’s sister
Bookread2day
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading about wedding in December in the deep snowy settings. And for me A Wedding In December by Sarah Morgan is my top favourite . I absolutely loved every word, every sentence, every chapter and every beautiful character. I'm so glad that I found A Wedding In December to read and review. This is a beautiful story with lots of pages full of drama that you won't see coming. What I like particular about this story is that it feels just like a modern day romance.

Mother of two daughters
Robin Loves Reading
Maggie and Nick White are traveling to the United States from England for their youngest daughter Rosie's wedding. The wedding is last minute and it is at Christmastime. Thing is, Maggie and Nick are hiding that fact that they will soon be divorced. They agree to pretend to still be madly in love in order for Rosie's day to go off without a hitch.

Full stop ... the trip in (with the result of Maggie's fear of flying) was hilarious ...

However, when they meet the groom's family, particularly his
Clare
With thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

Maggie White was learning to live alone at Honeysuckle Cottage, after splitting up with her husband Nick six months earlier. They had two daughters Katie, a doctor in A&E and Rosie who was abroad studying at Harvard.

One night she received a 3 am call from Rosie telling her she was marrying her boyfriend Dan after a whirl wind romance. Shocked Maggie found out that the wedding would be in four
Rebecca
This was the perfect holiday read. There were three romances, but it felt more more like a family story than anything else. Nick/Maggie were my favorite.
Shelley Lawrence
I recognize that I’m completely in the minority here, but for whatever reason, I just did not connect with this story at all. I understand why others liked it, but it just wasn’t for me.

I didn’t like the sister in the story at all and that really affected my enjoyment of the story. Honestly, just about everything about her behavior and decisions bothered me. I also wasn’t a fan of the mother regarding her relationship with her spouse. He seemed to be trying so hard to mend their
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
Such an enjoyable read!! This one wasn't a super Christmasy read, although it all took place through Christmas! I laughed a few times while reading this, and I loved the whole story. I loved the treehouse in Aspen part so much too! Lol I have now added that to my bucket list! I'd definitely recommend this one to read throughout the holidays, or in the winter, cozying up with a coffee or hot chocolate! Perfect, enjoyable book!

Thank you to the publisher for my copy to review! All opinions are my
Karen Whittard
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As we all grow up and get older. It is only natural to drift away slightly from the ones we love. The family members who have brought us up. As we move out and get married have relationships of our own. It is often easy to understand how we no longer know how to communicate with the people who used to know us inside out because we used to live with them on a daily basis. It is easy to understand how barriers start to come up and we often forget how to discuss and talk about all the things that ...more
Eve
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance
Contemporary Romance / Holiday Romance / Family / Mother & Daughters

In the snowy perfection of Aspen, the White family gather together for youngest daughter Rosie's whirlwind Christmas wedding.

The bride's parents, Maggie and Nick, are happy for Rosie and want to celebrate upcoming marriage wholeheartedly, but they are hiding a huge secret of their own: they are no longer living together. But perhaps they can pretend to be a happy couple, so they don’t ruin Rosie’s special day?

Rosie's
Asheley
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another holiday book by Sarah Morgan, and I loved it!! She's one of my go-to's for holiday stories with great relationships between the characters and perfect settings.

This story features a mother and her two grown daughters, all with romance in their plot lines. Rosie's wedding is probably the spine of the story-the reason the entire family traveled from Oxford to the US in the first place-but her older sister Katie ends up being pursued by someone and I loved the way this relationship
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Last year, I read & loved THE CHRISTMAS SISTERS so much I became a Sarah Morgan Fangirl. She’s able to write these relatable, memorable & realistic female characters that I love.

A WEDDING IN DECEMBER is another winner for me. A story centered around family, secrets, love, loss & new beginnings is just what I was hoping for. Of course, Sarah Morgan delivers the
angelareadsbooks
Sarah Morgan is one of my favorite writers. She has this ability to weave together beautiful stories, often focused on family and strong women characters. I read her book The Christmas Sisters last Christmas and knew this was going to be at the top of my pile for this Christmas. And let me tell you this one did not disappoint!!

A Wedding in December centers around the White family gathering in Colorado for Rosie's wedding, the youngest daughter. But the story is so much more than that. With

• The Christmas Wish List
  • The Christmas Party
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • Untitled Ashley 3
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Let It Snow: Escape to a winter wonderland in this heartwarming new romance from the Sunday Times bestseller
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • Coming Home to Winter Island
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • The Gift of Happiness
  • One Christmas Star
  • Rewrite the Stars
  • One Winter Morning
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for FAMILY FOR BEGINNERS, a warm hearted, emotional story of love, family and starting over coming
“But life goes on, right? You keep walking, even when your feet are bleeding and you can hardly stand upright” 0 likes
“Was this why she found it so hard to have a lasting relationship with someone? Subconsciously had she held back from experiencing that intense, terrifying depth of feeling? She moved through life with such purpose, she rarely stopped to reflect. Had she, somewhere along the way, rejected love?
Maybe not love, but vulnerability. She’d rejected vulnerability. She witnessed it constantly in her work. The fear in the face of a relative, the panic in the face of a patient who felt life sliding out of control.
Her experiences in her job had reinforced those same feelings of helplessness she’d experienced as a young child and she’d unconsciously wrapped her heart in layers of protection so that she felt the blows less.
She didn’t like feeling vulnerable, but she felt it now as she looked at her sister.”
0 likes