Start by marking “A Wedding in December” as Want to Read:
A Wedding in December

A Wedding in December

This funny, charming and heartwarming new Christmas novel is USA TODAY bestselling author Sarah Morgan at her festive best!

In the snowy perfection of Aspen, the White family gathers for youngest daughter Rosie’s whirlwind Christmas wedding. First to arrive are the bride’s parents, Maggie and Nick. Their daughter’s marriage is a milestone they are determined to celebrate whol
Published October 31st 2019 by HQN Books

Start your review of A Wedding in December
KAS
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Cozy! Charming! Cheery!

Light the fireplace, grab your favorite plushy throw, and snuggle in for the perfect Christmas read to get you excited about this magical season of the year!!

Meet three women with three different and distinct romantic relationships ... one thriving, one ending, and one non-existent. But, as they find out, things can change in the blink of an eye! How these women deal with their feelings that come with those changes was delightfully engaging.

As exp
Paromjit
This is Sarah Morgan's festive feel good romance featuring the White family with the upcoming unexpected wedding of Rosie, studying in Harvard, specialising in Celtic folklore and mythology. Mum, Maggie lives in her much loved home in Oxford, works in publishing, but has been living alone for the last six months, with Nick, an Egyptology professor, having moved out, in preparation for their divorce. Maggie has kept this secret from her daughters, Katie, a busy stressed out A & E doctor, and ...more
Nicola
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
When I picked this up I wasn’t expecting for it to become one of my top reads of 2019, largely because no matter how much I love Sarah Morgan’s writing her women’s fiction and I haven’t got along particularly well, but also because 5-star reads are like hen’s teeth for me the moment. My dry spell is officially over.

description We’re getting married on Chrclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Ceecee
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of the White family - Mum Maggie, Dad Nick and elder daughter Kate who is ten years older than Rosie. Rosie meets Dan in New York and after a whirl wind romance he proposes on a visit to his mum in Aspen, Colorado to the total shock of her family. They all head to Aspen for Christmas! Maggie and Nick are hiding a secret from their girls and Kate, an A and E doctor (ER) is determined to stop the wedding!

Initially, I didn’t think I would get into this book as for the first few c
Madison Warner Fairbanks
A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan

Alternating POV from Maggie, Rosie, and Katie. The mother and two daughters.
Three very different women yet related. Three very different phases of life and love.
Each must deal with the own love issues as they come together for Rosie’s wedding.

Contemporary romance. Lots of emotional variables, life issues and love. Lots of happy tears.
I loved the writing flow, even as the chapters changed perspective between the three women.
Smart and
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relatable, charming, heart warming and a read that will leave you with all the warm and fuzzies. A novel perfect not only for romance lovers out there but those looking for a story that is full of Christmas spirit. With a beautiful Colorado setting that almost makes me wish it was Christmas time here as well, this truly was an uplifting story that not only felt real but ended with a happy note that will leave you with a smile on your face and sad that the story is over.

A Wedding in D
Shelby
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie has been a mom and wife almost her entire adult life. Ever since her youngest daughter, Rosie, left the house 4-years earlier, she has felt an emptiness left behind by her two girls. And now her marriage of over thirty years to her husband, Nick, appears to be over. Since the summer, Nick and Maggie have been living separately, but they haven’t yet broken the news to Rosie and Katie.

Unexpectedly, Maggie gets a call in the middle of the night from Rosie all the way in the United States. S
Amy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it’s only September and I’m already reading Christmas books and I’m totally ok with that! I do want to point out that while this is set right before and during Christmas, it’s not overly holiday heavy if that makes sense. You can easily read it right now like I did or wait until closer to the holiday season, honestly it would be perfect at any time of year!

Sarah Morgan is one of my go to authors, but I have to say that she has a magic touch when it comes to writing seasonal book
D.M.
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wedding in December isn’t my usual type of read but it was enjoyable enough. This book is about the white family. It’s told from multiple points of view.

Rosie announces she’s getting married and the family are going to Colorado. The white family haven’t met the groom yet and the bride has only known her future for a short time.

Just because it’s December doesn’t mean everyone is feeling jolly. Rosie’s parents are keeping a secret and trying to figure out their own future
Bookread2day
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading about wedding in December in the deep snowy settings. And for me A Wedding In December by Sarah Morgan is my top favourite . I absolutely loved every word, every sentence, every chapter and every beautiful character. I'm so glad that I found A Wedding In December to read and review. This is a beautiful story with lots of pages full of drama that you won't see coming. What I like particular about this story is that it feels just like a modern day romance.

Mother of two daughters Ma
Zoe
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quaint, alluring, and evocative!

A Wedding in December is a delightfully amusing, heartfelt tale that sweeps you away to the beautiful winter wonderland of Aspen, Colorado and immerses you into the lives of the White family, especially three strong women, as they gather to celebrate, interrogate, support, heal, grow, communicate, repair relationships, take chances, and start anew.

The prose is vivid and expressive. The characters are genuine, reliable, and compassionate. An
Asheley
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another holiday book by Sarah Morgan, and I loved it!! She's one of my go-to's for holiday stories with great relationships between the characters and perfect settings.

This story features a mother and her two grown daughters, all with romance in their plot lines. Rosie's wedding is probably the spine of the story-the reason the entire family traveled from Oxford to the US in the first place-but her older sister Katie ends up being pursued by someone and I loved the way this relationship unfolde
Kate ☀️ Olson
(free review copy) a perfectly cozy Christmas story set in the Colorado mountains. It’s a married romance and a wedding romance and s story of listening to your inner voice and making the most of life. If you need something to cuddle up with next to a fire and just let your mind relax this holiday season, this one will definitely work!
Katie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was okay???? I do think three stories were too many here, which I haven't always felt (I think) with Morgan's more recent books. Especially since (view spoiler)

The lack of the male POV really stood out to me in this one. (The POVs are t
Cheryl
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a story mainly about the relationships between family members and how this can have an effect on others. I loved the description of the setting in Aspen, it really made me want to visit! I can’t say I liked the character of Katie, the older sister. I felt she was overprotective of Rosie, she was interfering and had no thoughts of other people’s feelings. She did redeem herself slightly towards the end but then she needed to. All the other characters were very likeable. This was an enjoya ...more
Milena
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A Wedding in December is a perfect holiday read! It's like a Hallmark Christmas movie, set in a beautiful winter wonderland. It's funny, sweet, and heartwarming; it has everything you'd want in a holiday read. I don't often read Christmas books, but I adored A Wedding in December. Make sure to pick it up to warm your soul on a chilly winter night.

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley
rina dunn
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What can be better than a festive wedding! This book gave me all the christmassy / winter feels!
Reading this book is literally like being enveloped in a warm hug.
It's sweet and endearing without being sickly, It's so well balanced with the emotional aspects that come with families.
I adored All of the characters! I fell so hard for Kate! Yes she's overprotective and slightly smothering to start with but I think she really tried to be a good sister to Rosie.
This isn't a typ
Cathy Daniel
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! First by Sarah Morgan, not my last! She is very insightful on human relationships of all kinds :) I loved how the characters grew by the end. It was a *little* jarring to have read most of this book and suddenly there's two sex scenes but I skimmed that and I enjoyed the story so much it won't put me off from reading more of her books.
Karen Whittard
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As we all grow up and get older. It is only natural to drift away slightly from the ones we love. The family members who have brought us up. As we move out and get married have relationships of our own. It is often easy to understand how we no longer know how to communicate with the people who used to know us inside out because we used to live with them on a daily basis. It is easy to understand how barriers start to come up and we often forget how to discuss and talk about all the things that a ...more
Eve
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance
Contemporary Romance / Holiday Romance / Family / Mother & Daughters

In the snowy perfection of Aspen, the White family gather together for youngest daughter Rosie's whirlwind Christmas wedding.

The bride's parents, Maggie and Nick, are happy for Rosie and want to celebrate upcoming marriage wholeheartedly, but they are hiding a huge secret of their own: they are no longer living together. But perhaps they can pretend to be a happy couple, so they don’t ruin Rosie’s special day? ...more
Julie Williams
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This lovely Christmas story is set in the picturesque resort Aspen, Colorado in the USA. Surrounded by gorgeous snow filled mountains and forests this book really does set the scene for a perfect Christmas. The characters are wholesome and warm but os course there are a few bumps along the way for some of them

The White family always look forward to celebrating Christmas together in their family home Honeysuckle Cottage in Oxford but when the youngest daughter, Rosie announces out of
Claire Mc Partlin
I loved this book, an absolutely perfect Christmas read, set in snowy Aspen at Snowfall Lodge, glamorous tree house accommodation that sounded so perfect I want to book right now(!), snowmobiles, dogsledding and lots of drama.

There's the UK contingent - Maggie & Nick live in Honeysuckle Cottage in Oxford and are married, but have been living apart for a few months (unbeknownst to their adult daughters) and are planning on divorcing having just drifted apart over the years.  They
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Such a great story about a family struggling with their lives and how they learn to try and fix them. Parents Maggie and Nick have been lying to their daughters for months. They are not living together and getting a divorce. When youngest daughter Rosie calls with the news that she is getting married, Maggie and Nick decide to pretend that their relationship is fine. Bride-to-be Rosie is confused and a little flighty. She is questioning her decision due to her older sister Katie’s negative comme ...more
abdulia ortiz-perez
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received this free book for honest review.

4.5 stars ⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐🌠

This is the first time reading anything from this author.

What a beautiful wonderful amazing read.

What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel did just that to me.
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't
Michele
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie

Heart, humor, family, and holiday cheer as only Sarah Morgan can write it filled the pages of A Wedding in December, making it an utter joy to read.

‘What happened when two families didn’t blend, but collided?
Was it going to be a happy family Christmas, or a recipe for disaster?’

Sarah Morgan is an author I go to time and again for her wonderful characters and the interesting situations she puts them in. It was a truly entertaining mi
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Last year, I read & loved THE CHRISTMAS SISTERS so much I became a Sarah Morgan Fangirl. She’s able to write these relatable, memorable & realistic female characters that I love.
🏔
A WEDDING IN DECEMBER is another winner for me. A story centered around family, secrets, love, loss & new beginnings is just what I was hoping for. Of course, Sarah Morga
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is always a joy to read a new book from the queen of Christmas romances, and this was no exception.

From the moment the family stepped foot in Aspen I was hooked, on the exquisitely described winter wonderland, It felt picture perfect for a white wedding and white Christmas.

We see the story from three different perspectives.

Rosie the bride to be, who is rather impulsive and the baby of the family, who is getting married to Dan after knowing him a few short months. At times you do wonder if
Jodie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Maggie White finds out that her youngest daughter is getting married on Christmas Eve in Aspen, she is taken aback. After all, Rosie and Dan only met a few months ago and the wedding is half way around the world. To complicate things, Maggie and her husband Dan have been separated since summer and this would not only force them to be together, but they haven’t even broken the news to their children yet. Their eldest daughter Katie, an emergency medicine physician, has held her own secrets f ...more
Suzanne Waters
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never been one for wedding romance books but this one was good. It started of slow but not too slow that you don’t get right into it once you read on. I suggest reading the first three chapters to get into it.
Cathy Ryan
Maggie White was looking forward to having her daughters, Rosie and Katie, at Hawthorne Cottage for Christmas as usual. She loved the planning, baking, wrapping presents and the family traditions—it was her favourite time of the year. There was only one problem Maggie needed to work out. How to tell the girls she and their father, Nick, were living separately, about to divorce.

Maggie’s elder daughter, Katie, was a doctor, working in a busy emergency department in Oxford. She’s prickl
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

A WEDDING IN DECEMBER, a fun family drama set around the festive season, is out now!

J