Start by marking “Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)

Cowboy Christmas Redemption

(Gold Valley #8)

As snowflakes fall in Gold Valley, Oregon, will this rugged cowboy finally win the woman of his dreams?

Cowboy Caleb Dalton has loved single mom Ellie Bell, and her little daughter, Amelia, for years. But since Ellie is his best friend’s widow, Caleb’s head knows Ellie will always be strictly off-limits. If only his heart got the memo. So when Caleb discovers that Ellie has
Published September 24th 2019 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Christmas Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Christmas Redemption

Start your review of Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
♥Rachel♥
It’s easy to see how Caleb would feel too guilty to make a move on Clint’s widow even though he’s been dead for over four years, since he had feelings for Ellie while Clint was alive, and they were married. He never acted on them, but he did pine for Ellie. Even before Ellie, Caleb held a mixture of conflicting emotions towards Clint. He loved Clint like a brother but was also jealous of him over the way his father would compare the two and find Caleb lacking.

After Clint’s death Caleb made it
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Liked the story. Should have read the prior one. Some issues that annoyed me. Ending was the best part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There were so many reasons to love this book. It had a hot cowboy in it who was just a sweetheart. Has a Christmas theme which everyone loves because it’s a feel-good season anyway. And it’s a romance novel. We all love a little bit of romance in our life.

And while this book should’ve hit all of my top marks, I had a few issues with it.

One of the main issues is it’s
Aly
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

It was love at first sight for Caleb Dalton the first time he met Ellie Bell. But she already belonged to an other man; his best friend Clint, and Caleb would never do something to jeopardize their marriage nor his friendship. The fact that Clint has been gone for the last five years didn't lessened the guilt he have about his feelings.

The Holidays is a bittersweet time for a widow. But this year, Ellie is determined to offer a real Christmas to her daughter and lately, she felt the need to
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Caleb has grown in so many ways since his best friend’s passing and finally coming to terms with his feelings for Ellie, his friend’s widow. I loved seeing him open up and face his struggles head on, rather then continue to bury his head in the sand. He struggled with finding his place in Ellie’s life and I have to admit, it took guts because I’d have thrown in the towel long beforehand.

Ellie has been through so much since her husband’s passing. I liked her well enough in previous stories, but
Stacee
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed this series and I feel like I’ve been waiting for Caleb and Ellie’s story since the beginning. And I’m so happy it delivered.

Ellie and Caleb are both loyal and good people. They’re tied together through death and it was interesting to see how that played out as their relationship changed. I loved Ellie’s daughter Amelia and all of the scenes she was in.

Plot wise, it was good. There’s a lot of grief for each of them to deal with and so there was a lot of inner monologue. I did love
Eva Millien
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She’s his best friend’s widow, but Caleb Dalton has loved Ellie Bell and her daughter Amelia for years, so when he discovers that she has a Christmas wish list – he’s throwing his hat into the ring. Ellie’s finally decided that it’s time to make some changes, but she never expects the biggest change to the heart-stopping she shares with Caleb.

This holiday romance is a very moving and sweet romance that produces a few tears as Caleb and Ellie figure out how to untangle their friendship and move
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I’ve been waiting for Ellie and Caleb to find their way to each other, romantically speaking, they already have the friendship part down just fine. Finally, COWBOY CHRISTMAS REDEMPTION brings us a love story long in the making, at least on Caleb’s side, and the chance to find happiness after loss.

Ellie is ready to dip her toes into the dating scene. It’s time, she just has to convince herself, for real, that she’s okay with that decision. She never saw Caleb’s true
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Cowboy Christmas Redemption by Maisey Yates is book 8 in the Gold Valley Series. This is the story of
Ellie Bell and Caleb Dalton. I do feel this can be a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Caleb has been in love with Ellie for years but she had been his best friends wife, so totally off limits to him. Then Clint the best friend and Ellie's husband died but that was several years ago. Caleb still felt she was off limits and even that the guilt of making it know how he feels for her made him
Amanda
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Cowboy Christmas Redemption
by Maisey Yates is a holiday romance that leans more towards the heavy side of emotions. Yes there's more than a few lighthearted happy scenes, but most of the story is full of intense passion and immense grief.

"He wanted... He wanted to be enough. He wanted to be more. He's never wanted it so much in all his life."

Caleb Dalton has been in love with Ellie since he laid eyes on her. Unfortunately she was already with his
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you are in love with your best friend's widow? How do you get past the fact that you have loved her since the first time you met her? Ellie Bell's husband, Clint, has been gone for five years. He was killed fighting a wildfire before he even knew he was going to be a dad. Caleb Dalton was his stand in for so many things. He held Ellie when she was sad and while she grieved, he was there for the birth of her child Amelia, and he has been a surrogate father for Amelia ever ...more
Cheri
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

I’ve been patiently waiting through the last few book in this series to see how the story of Ellie and Caleb would play out. It’s been obvious to everyone but Ellie that Caleb’s feelings for her went well beyond his best friend’s widow. So, I was anxious to see if she would reciprocate those feelings once the fog of grief lifted.

This story gripped my heart and tore it from my chest. Seriously, the feelings Caleb had for Ellie and the way he kept them tamped down for so darn long was
Niki
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well now I need to be Christmas and I need to go to Oregon and find me a cowboy.
Sue
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love isn't always what you think it is.

Caleb has loved Ellie from the moment he met her, when his best friend, Clint, introduced her to Caleb as his girlfriend. He has lived with the shame of loving his best friend's girlfriend. When his friend married Ellie, Caleb had eyes only for Ellie. But Caleb kept his feelings to himself and was a friend to Ellie and Clint up until he found out that Ellie was pregnant. He stayed away for two months, until Clint was tragically killed. From that point on,
Kelly Brock
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie and Caleb

This was a sweet but emotional ride. You could feel every emotion and every tear. Then at the end, every smile.
Moira
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was anticipating a great story, but was a bit disappointed. Ellie and Caleb have been friends forever, it seems, ever since his best friend brought her to a fAmily cookout. It was love At first sight but she only had eyes for his best friend. They married and started a family when her husband dies.

Caleb is there to pick up the pieces and his love for Ellie and Amelia continues to grow until she decided this is the year she needs to expand beyond her grief and live again.

I enjoyed their story,
Wickedly  Romance

I am a huge Maisey Yates fan. I can always count on her for a good, sweet romance. She doesn't disappoint here either! This was the first of this particular series that I have read and I have no idea why now! I am in the process of going back and reading all of the others.

Caleb and Ellie are connected through the death of her husband who was Caleb's best friend.
Margie
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cowboy Christmas Redemption by Maisy Yates is part of her Gold Valley series. Ellie Bell has been a widow for five years. She was married to Caleb Dalton's closest friend Clint. Clint was a firefighter who died doing his job. Unbeknownst to Ellie Caleb has had feelings for her for years. After Clint's death Caleb stepped up to do everything he could for Ellie because he was her best friend and because he cared for her. He kept his feeling to himself until Ellie made her Christmas list which ...more
Donna Repsher
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy Christmas Redemption is the eighth novel in Maisey Yates' Gold Valley series, and I've been eagerly awaiting Caleb and Eillie's story and it was certainly worth waiting for, since Maisey Yates pulls out all the stops in this one, it's deeply felt, highly emotional, hot, sexy, and dramatic, and it gets 5+++ stars from this reader.

For Caleb Dalton, it was love at first sight the moment he first set eyes on Ellie Bell, more than 10 years earlier. The problem was that she was engaged to marry
Nate Brightman
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for a light hearted holiday romance, Cowboy Christmas Redemption isn’t it. Maisey Yates doesn’t do light. She doesn’t do rom-coms. Her specialty is books set in ranching type communities like Copper Ridge or Gold Valley laden with heavy some might even call overly melodramatic dialogue. Her stories contain an abundance of angst as flawed heroines and heroes struggle to overcome emotional baggage to find their happily ever after. This book is no exception.
If you’ve been reading
Danielle
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Fredericks
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
December has arrived and the Holiday season is in full swing. Here in Maine, the ground is covered in snow, the fireplace is roaring and cozy reading is officially the name of the game. I am a sucker for curling up on my couch under a blanket and devouring romance books. Who doesn’t want to end their day (or start it) reading a story filled with all consuming passion, earth shattering desire and smoking hot chemistry between characters. Throw in a happily ever after, and life is pretty darn ...more
booksofallkinds
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

Captivating, romantic, and steamy all rolled into one, COWBOY CHRISTMAS REDEMPTION by Maisey Yates is a beautiful story of loss and finding love again.

Caleb Dalton has loved Ellie Bell from the first minute he saw her but she was married to his best friend so he repressed his feelings as much as he possibly could. But when Clint died over four years ago, Caleb stepped in as Ellie's best friend and protector for both her and her little girl Amelia.
Marcia
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While the author does provide some backstory, so this could be read as a standalone, without one of those "List of Characters" or "Book family Tree" I would not recommend it. There are too many characters and baggage from the previous books. However, those of us who have read at least the last four of them, knew that eventually Caleb Dalton and Ellie Bell would get their HEA.

Caleb has been in love with Ellie, since the first time he saw her, but she was already with his best friend, Clint. So he
Olivia
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
COWBOY CHRISTMAS REDEMPTION follows two friends on their path to more. Ellie was married to Caleb's best friend, Clint, who died fighting fires in a helicopter crash right before their daughter was born. Ellie has been in survival mode for the last several years, birthing and then raising her daughter, Amelia, who is now four. With the school she and the others started, her life is growing more.

Ellie has been lucky to have Caleb right by her side, helping with Amelia and anything else she needs.
Jessica Figueroa
Caleb is looking to separate himself a bit from Ellie, a single mother who he's had his eye on but shes his best friends widow. Ellie is finally ready to make some changes and comes up with her Christmas's list and really anyone would do to help tick the things off the boxes. But it would be better to have someone who she already cares for to help her out and that's where Caleb comes in. Thing is its hard to separate their feelings of friendship into something more with a list like theirs. There ...more
Lynn
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ellie has lost her husband and is doing the best she can raising her daughter Amelia alone in the home that her and her late husband built. She has friends close by who have become her family. She will forever grateful to the Dalton family, especially Caleb. Christmas is also on its way and this year maybe it’s time to celebrate for Amelia. Ellie decides to start a Christmas wish list to help her feel like a woman again, not just a mother. Will this help her move on?
Caleb Dalton was Ellie’s
Darlene Foster
I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Cowboy Christmas Redemption, by Maisey Yates, became available at booksellers on 9-24-19. Part of Ms Yates Gold Valley series it works quite well as a stand-alone story. I've given only 3 stars as there were parts of the plot that didn't ring true. For me, a little unbelievable but there's so much more that I flew through the tale. I became invested in the characters, and that's always the sign of a good
Ann-Maree Howarth
Maisey Yates guttered me, made me late for work, shattered my little heart, gave me joy, made me cry all while I rode the journey as wild as any rollercoaster. You will love this book as the main male character Caleb is the ultimate cowboy with the biggest heart, a heart that has been broken for some time. A heart that has been hiding it's true feeling for even longer.

I have not had the pleasure of reading Maisey Yates books before so I have not read any of the other books in this series so I
Crystal
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caleb’s been in love with Ellie for years, ever since his best friend Clint introduced them. But Ellie was Clint’s girlfriend at the time. Then later fiancée, and finally wife. When Clint died in a tragic accident, Ellie was pregnant with their first child and they had just purchased a house. Caleb stepped up and helped Ellie when she needed it most and put his feelings aside.
It’s been years now and Caleb and Ellie are best friends, but Caleb is still in love with her. When he finds out about
Ann-Maree Howarth
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

« previous 1 3 next »

• Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)
  • All Fired Up
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • A Coldwater Christmas (Coldwater Texas, #4)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • Just His Luck (Sterling's Montana, #3)
  • Christmas in Winter Valley (Ransom Canyon, #8)
  • The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)
  • A Wedding in December
  • A Dash of Christmas (Montgomery Brothers)
  • Rex (Texas Rascals #10)
  • Unleashed (Long, Tall Texans #50)
  • Baby Business (Texas Rascals #11)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Gold Valley (10 books)
  • Smooth-Talking Cowboy (Gold Valley, #1)
  • Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4)
  • Unbroken Cowboy (Gold Valley, #5)
  • Cowboy to the Core (Gold Valley, #6)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • The Bad Boy of Redemption Ranch (Gold Valley, #9)
  • The Hero of Hope Springs (Gold Valley, #10)