Start by marking “Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)” as Want to Read:
Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)

Cult of Personality

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

"He pushed me."

Three words turn a suspected suicide into an unsettling murder, pointing to a killer whose methods and motives threaten to expose buried memories of Seong-Jae's past. Yet neither Malcolm nor Seong-Jae are ready for the shadowed secrets that could shatter their tenuous new relationship, when a haunting presence seems to stalk them around
Published January 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Cult of Personality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cult of Personality

Start your review of Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
Shile
5+++++++ stars

WARNING! Gifs.. Gifs.. and more Gifs

I thought it would get boring.. ummm nope! i thought wrong, it gets better with each episode. GAAAAAHHHH!

I am happy that the case did not get overshadowed by the cutesy moments. Me is satisfied. The case was another one with the cray cray hiding behind bible. Ugh! I dislike those with a passion.

These guys talk things out! That is the other best part of this series. I dislike unnecessary miscommunication. I am all for, when you have something to
Simone
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I'm your partner. I won't let you fall."

Bildergebnis für gay cuddle gif

Gahhhhh!!!!!!! This series is seriously messing with my average rating and I totally blame it on the outstanding writing style. It's like getting my monthly dose of catnip and right now I don't see me giving it anything less than five stars EVERY SINGLE TIME, so consider yourselves warned...

More often than not, the 'hunt', this 'dance around each other' is the most interesting part in a book for me and when both guys are finally toget
Nicola
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
It’s the dawn of a new era for Malcolm and Seong-Jae as the romantic line has well and truly been crossed, but not at the expense of another case to crack.

description Sometimes the quiet cases ache the most...”

This case unearths some strong feelings, particularly for Yoon, but for all the more emotionally charged scenes there are those which lift it by injecting humour and sexiness in all the right places. And all that build up to this point in the series? Worth every page.

description

Seven books in and my love
Mo
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I sort of said to myself I would take a wee break from this series and maybe read something else, but as the story progresses, I am so caught up in all that is going on ... the past, the present, that I want to keep going see what the future brings.

... and I will never be again.

Malcolm and Seong-Jae are moving forward with their "relationship". But there are things lurking in the shadows.

... neither Malcolm nor Seong-Jae are ready for the shadowed secrets that could shatter their tenuous
haletostilinski
Finally, finally, finally. That's how I feel reading this, and reading Seong-Jae and Malcolm's relationship in this. We finally get them together, and starting a relationship, and it is glorious!

This book picks up right after the end of the sixth book, and the first 20-ish percent of this is basically Seong-Jae and Malcolm in the afterglow of the sex they had, and them talking and facing what they did - and thankfully no running away or "lets pretend that never happened" happens. I'm getting ti
Lisazj1
My Lord, I seriously might not survive these guys, they kill me in the best way. *sigh*

Though everything between them feels new and tender (unless it’s blisteringly hot), at least neither Malcolm and Seong-Jae are no longer in denial with each other.

And while I’m ecstatic that this is so, I’m also terrified, because I have to wonder how long *and deep* a game Sila is playing. (view spoiler)
Ariana
Every time when I think this series can't possibly push me further emotionally ... Cole McCade does just that.

I wasn't sure what to expect after what happened in S1, ep6, chapter 13.
But then we get chapter 2!
And OMG, OMFG. OMG.
Malcolm and Seong-Jae actually acknowledge their feelings. They actually talk to each other (at least a bit) about their feelings. And their relationship starts blossoming.

Malcolm:
He felt as though he ripped out a piece of his heart ... Ripped out a piece of his heart
~Volha~
This book is crazy good! I didn't want it to end! Seong-Jae and Malcolm are together, and it's so intense and passionate between them but also sweet and adorable. Seong-Jae finally opens up about some of his past, the moment is so touching and the support Malcolm gives him makes me love him even more. There are now casual touches, spontaneous kisses and the sense of belonging and intimacy. They are funny and cute then sexy and hot and it is such a rush to finally see them together - like coming ...more
Claude
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detective Yoon:

Detective Khalaji

Oh God this book...all I wanted.
It starts where we left them in the last volume ...in Malcom's bed. I love this scene between these two. It was so real . I mean they are both lying next to each other and no one regrets. They are happy. Satisfied. And tired. But they talk, talk and talk. Yoon managed to confide one of his biggest secrets and Malcom's reaction ... unbelievable.

« Malcolm…”
“I’m your partner,” Malcolm whispered fervently. “I want to be more than t
Chris
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous installment... 4.5 stars for this episode. Malcolm and Seong-Jae have finally connected and committed, in their own unique way, and the new era of “boyfriends” begin. While Seong-Jae continues to be evasive and hide the Silas element other factors are beginning to come into play. This is going to be one almighty clash when it all hits !
Bev
I LOVED the character growth between Mal and Seong-Jae in this one, and the 'b' word finally made an appearance. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 5 stars.

They have a difficult case to solve involving a creepy religious type cult which seems to stir strong and very unpleasant memories in Seong. Some of Seong's past is revealed, which only makes Mal want to protect him all the more, and the mysterious Sila [who unfortunately seems to be British 😔...we're not all psychos honest!!] re-appears, and really gives me the willies.
Nicole
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one a lot!!

It picks up right where the other left off, and the first few chapters are all about their relationship. There's a lot of talking and understanding between them and Seong-Jae reveals some of his secrets to Malcolm.

The cute moments between them were amazing. I think it was needed to happen. Seong-Jae was so precious, I wnated to hug him and protect him. Especially protect him from Sila. Sila is really weird and very bad. I did not expect that ending!

The case of this book
Caipi
All the stars for Malcolm and Seong-Jae and the development of their relationship!!! 😍💕💕

Around 3.5 stars for the mystery case of this part...
And Sila really gives me the creeps!!
Truuss Loveislovereview
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq
Ohhhh myyyy ghaawd... there are just a few authors who can put feelings and gestures on paper and this author is one of them...

I was grinning, blushing, snorting and a lot more... my chest did strange things... I hope I’ll survive this series...

“You are so, so gay.”

Both Malcolm as Seong-Jae are highly desirable... again... my heart...

“It is possible for me to simply desire you for the sake of desiring you”

Finally we can see them easy around each other... relaxed... well more Malcolm, I don’t kno
Mariah
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seok Jin as Seong Jae, a thread.

That's it. That's the review.
Karen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is brought to you by the puddle of goo that use to be me...

This one melted me...I use to be a real person but now I'm just a puddle of goo in my office chair.

To start with we have yet another crime for our intrepid couple to solve and this one is every bit as disturbing as previous cases. While we have the similarity of a father and son being involved that's where it all ends and the only clue that Mal and Seong-Jae have to help them solve their case is "he pushed me." not a lot
♥Sharon♥
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Oh my gosh! One moment I am lost in these two men and the next my heart is in my throat!!! WTF

I love the place that Malcolm and Seong-Jae have finally gotten to. My heart melts for them. ❤️❤️But things are still fragile.

There is so much shit swirling around them that I have this tight knot in my stomach. I don’t know what to think. I fear Sila. Little by little the evil within him is bubbling over.
ARC provided via Booksprout for an honest review.

"You actually like me," he ventured, and Malcolm smiled, eyes crinkling at the corners.
"Yeah. Yeah, I do."
"Why?"
"If I tried to list the reasons, you'd punch me before I got to three."

This series gets better and better with every book.

I thought my heart would explode with Where There’s Fire, but Cult of Personality went so much harder – and by that, I mean cuter.

(view spoiler)
⚣Michaelle⚣
Why yes, I did immediately start this one once I finished the previous installment...and stayed up all night reading.

4 Stars for the story, 5000 Stars for Malcolm & Seong-Jae's relationship.

Also, that ending? I FUCKING KNEW IT WAS HIM! Now I am scared beyond reason; he's inserted himself into the periphery of every aspect of Mal & SJ's life and I can tell it's gonna be a rough ride.
Morgan
This series is not perfect there's a few things that I don't always like but one thing for sure is that Seong Jae and Malcom will probably one of my favourite couple ever.
It took me a while to realise why exactly I love them so much. I love their dynamic, the tension between the two of them, the slow burn (even though technically there isn't that much time between book 1 and 7 but it doesn't feel insta love at all) and how complicated they are individually and together. But more importantly, I
Aleksandra
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases

My reviews of CI books have become less detailed the more of CI books I read.

Basically if you read my review of the previous book, everything there applies to this book.
I like SJ and M relationship, the balance between case and the romantic plot line is solid, I like the addressing issues like toxic masculinity and cult mentality.

Great mystery/thriller book.
Like always, CW list is in the beginning of the book.
rowenalovelace
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

This episode! feels like the calm before the storm!! Be strong my babies!
Athira
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
Boyfriends. They are boyfriends!!! Squeeeeee!!!!!!

This book is full of emotions and feelings. Malcom and Seong Jae are adorable. All those books are so worth it. I love that they communicate to each other instead of going the 'let's pretend it never happened' route. It's makes me so happy how cute they are together and how happy Malcolm is when Seong Jae is grumbling at him.

As if, if he simply gave Seong-Jae the bursting emotions that welled inside him with every kiss, every touch, they might s
ReadingAllNite
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc-read, author-site
I might as well give them all 5 stars. This is my latest obsession; I adore Malcolm and Seong-Jae and they are smokin’ hot together, yet also romantic and tender. Seong-Jae’s past is closer than he realizes and it’s making me so anxious! The case they had was strange, rather easily wrapped up and had strong effects on our guys, especially Seong-Jae. It makes me wonder what the couple may end up going through in coming episodes.
Claudia
This series is amazing and I think this book is my absolute favorite till now.
I never read a series before where each book has more than 4 stars ... and this has earned each star

in this book we get a good mystery as in all books. the relationship gets more attention and Mal and SEong-Jae are great together. Love that they are talking to each other and that we don't have the "tipical romance problem" with a lack in communication

here we get also a bit more about the long-time story arc. can't wai
Abhi
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mfeo
BOYFRIEND TERM HAS BEEN USED I CANNOT BREATH!!!!!!!!!!! SILA IS TERRIFYING GTFO
Jess
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Finally! After so many episodes, I get to see the two MCs taking a step forward to each other. The teases, the games, the butterflies had all lead to this and it's WORTH EVERY SECOND OF BINGE. This episode is filled with so many butterflies and bees that I just kept smiling all the way. And seriously, the ending gives me the goosebumps. It's like seeing how Freddy Krueger is back for more!
JR
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am running out of superlatives for this series. The way the characters playoff and mesh with each other is fantastic. It's an amazing piece of writing.
M
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has an extensive list of content and trigger warnings in the beginning, and in addition to the usual ones that come with the territory of two people investigating violent crimes, this time there was more in terms of psychological triggers. Especially regarding typical tactics abusers use for manipulating and gaslighting their victims.

I have to admit this book scared me from the moment I knew what it would be about. For personal reasons and because the topic is a raw and a possibly trig
Leslie
⭐️⭐️⭐️.5/5 Stars. The mystery was just ok for me in this one. But I’m rounding up anyway because Seong-Jae and Malcolm are just so...everything. 😍🔥💜

“You actually like me,” he ventured, and Malcolm smiled, eyes crinkling at the corners. “Yeah. Yeah, I do.” “Why?” “If I tried to list the reasons, you’d punch me before I got to three.” “I would not.” “And blush.” Seong-Jae scowled, an irritated heat building underneath his cheeks. “I do not blush.” “Keep telling yourself that.”

I’m reading these s
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Devil in the Details (Death and the Devil, #1.8)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2)
  • When the Devil Drives (Death and the Devil, #1.6)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)
  • Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)