Start by marking “Fool Me Once” as Want to Read:
Fool Me Once

Fool Me Once

Second chances are for kids, diets, and shelter pets—not for relationships. Especially not one like Chase and Emma’s.

Before he was writing chart-topping hits and smashing record sales, Chase Lawson was Emma’s childhood friend and first love. They promised each other forever, but forever expired at eighteen, when he landed a major record deal and left Emma and their hometo
Published January 15th 2019

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This book is just perfect if you are looking for something easy to read that will leave you with a joyful feeling, some stars in your eyes and tears of contentment.

Nicole Williams has never disappointed me so far and this book enters the category or “romantic second chance story”.

My friend Angy does not like angst in her stories and I think if like her you love your drama very low key you should give this book a chance.

We follow Emma, the typical country girl working on her parent’s f
Elle's Book Blog
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: January 15, 2019
Genre: Second Chance Romance
Actual Rating: 3.75-4 stars

Fool Me Once is a sweet, second chance from from Nicole Williams. Having read a few of her novels in the past I knew that I needed to read this one, especially considering the second chance trope that is used (I love a good second chance romance). For the most part, I found this to be a lovely read. I would have liked to see the heroine with a little more backbone (she seemed to agree a little to fast with
✿Penny
Tianna✸loves books✸
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as no-thanks
Shelves: same-old-shit
Tips to write a second chance romance.

Boy loves girl.
Girl loves boy.

But he leaves her to fulfill his career or either he cheats or you can add some misunderstanding so they breakup.

The H should be a manwhore for sure as he needs to fuck the h out of his mind or you can make him celibate.

And then the reunion. He comes back or either they meet coincidentally and then they patch up (add some drama here) and then we have a Second Chance Romance.

This is just my random thought. I’m sure this book is
The Book Bee
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
REVIEW: 2 STARS
"Letting you go was the bravest thing I've ever done."

I know this isn't going to sound good, but this book wasn't terrible but it most certainly was not my favorite. After reading a book that owned my heart and knowing what a well written book can do to me, this one fell far shorter than I wanted it to. No, I'm not comparing it to another book....I'm just realizing what I like and what works well for me. That makes me sad because I have been wanting to read her for quite some ti
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4 Stars

I'm a sucker for second chance romances. And it's no surprise I really enjoyed Nicole Williams' newest book, Fool Me Once. This sweet and little to no angst romance hit the spot.

Chase and Emma have history. They dated in high school, but then Chase left Emma to pursue his music career. Emma was devastated and has done her best to forget him. What Emma didn’t expect was to see Chase after ten years at their high school reunion. Even thou
AJ
“We all just take a leap of faith. Sometimes we fall. But we’d never know what it felt like to fly if we didn’t take the risk.”

3 stars

A short, sweet, easy read with a fun set-up and a swoony second-chance-romance.

Emma is at her ten year high school reunion when in saunters Chase Lawson, country music’s hottest star – also her first love and the man who broke her heart. Chase and Emma were once everything to each other, but after promising each other forever, he left her at 18 to pursue his car
♡Tonya♡
DNF

I couldn't get past the heroine and her behaviour. She wasn't likable to me. She acted like a brat. Just couldn't root for them.
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
4.5 Stars
Chase and Emma were high school sweethearts. Then Chase walked away to live a life of fame and fortune, leaving Emma heartbroken and angry.

Ten years later, Chase approaches Emma at their high school reunion with a proposition. Go on tour with him and pretend to be his girlfriend, the reignited flame that helps him clean up his image in exchange for the money she needs to fix up her family home.

At first, I was annoyed at how easily Emma agreed to the deal, I always want more fight, but I
Courtney
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Fool Me Once is a sweet second-chance romance with little drama.

I am not usually a huge fan of books that don't give have a lot of angst or drama to fuel the story but with this one, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And that has everything to do with Nicole's writing.

Chase and Emma were high school sweethearts before Chase left Emma behind to go after his dreams. Ten years later, he's back, hoping to clean up his image with the help of his former love.

I really enjoyed how Nicole wrote this story. Nicol
Sannia

Well, I gave it a chance but it was an incredibly dull read for me. Even the fact that the Hero was celibate for 10 yrs didn't cheer me up. Unfortunately. The reunion was too easy. No relationship building, no real struggle or conflict. I expected and wanted more angst. But it was just lackluster, no real depth. Heroine was just easy peasy. Meh. And sure, Chase expressed regret and remorse. And stayed chaste. Still, I just didn't connect to him or Emma.

I guess I was missing that raw,
Ursula
Solid 2.5 stars
I'm on a bit of a rock star run atm, so mostly that involves trying to find gold amongst all the dross that is out there!
This one is a sweet enough story, even though one aspect was very hard to believe, even if, as a true romantic, I would like to believe it (view spoiler)
Tara | Slow Readers Blog
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Originally posted on Slow Reader's Blog

3.5 Stars

Fool Me Once is a sweet second chance romance. Emma and Chase were high school sweethearts until he up and left, leaving her with a broken heart, choosing fame and fortune over love. So when he returns unexpectedly, for the first time, to their 10-year high school reunion, things get interesting.

I love a good second chance romance. There’s a lot of emotions already involved from the past that can add to the intensity in the present. Plus, I just lo
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Nicole Williams delivered two of my favorite tropes in one book and my heart is happy. We get a fake relationship and a second chance romance. And she did them both so well. I devoured this book and read it within a few hours.

I adored both Chase and Emma. Emma is so fun and fierce and she knows what she wants in life. And Chase is just so charming. He may live the superstar life, but he’s so down to earth. These two had incredible chemistry and it’
Shelee at Book Reader Chronicles
**3.5/4 Stars**

Fool Me Once took the beloved rockstar trope and paired it with the goodness of a second-chance romance. The quick and engaging read set the scene to reunite a couple that hadn’t ended well many years ago, and brought the tension of that conflict into the present while forcing them into close quarters. Even without any scenes exploring their past, there was enough characterization to comprehend the attraction and heartbreak that lingered between Chase and Emma to fall into their
Up All Night Book Addict
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, reviews
I am such a sucker for a good second chance romance. I still can't put my finger on what I like about them so much. Next to RomCom, they are my bag when I need a cleansing from all of the dark things I usually crave. I need to thank the author for such a great, enjoyable read!

I fell in love with these characters very fast. There is no way you can dislike Chase or Emma. No freaking way. They are everything characters should be. I may even venture to say that Chase could be a book boyfriend of min
Flo Grugel
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall I liked it but I had problems connecting to Chase. I found certain parts slightly unbelievable and a little flat.
Sweet second chance with a hea.
Lara
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019
Rating: 2.5

This was a quick and easy read. And that was the problem. There was great potential for something really powerful and heart-wrenching, and it never happened. I was left constantly hanging on the edge of an emotional scene or discussion, and just wanting more.

Chase broke Emma's heart when he left her at 18 in search of fame and fortune. Now they meet up again at their high school's 10th anniversary reunion, and he quickly convinces her to travel with him on tour for six months as his f
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story right here is exactly why I LOVE this woman’s writing. She brings romance and the FEELS like no other. Nichole Williams is a must click author and this second chance romance brings it on another level.

Second chance romance. SIGN ME UP.
It’s there 10 year high-school reunion and Chase Lawson is here. After 10 years, after he broke her heart. Now he shows. Emma is offered a deal she cannot walk away from, from the man she swore she’d never give 2 seconds of her life to again. He’s a bi
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This is a tough review to write because I did finish the book and I did enjoy it, but I didn't have the character connection that I need to really get involved in a book. This is a trope that has been done before and when this is the case I like to see something different, something that the author does to stamp their mark on it, but that didn't happen in this book. One particular revelation did feel far fetched and unbelievable and a tad convenient, but it gave me one of those eye-roll moments ...more
Stephanie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Fool Me Once is a second chance romance. The story is fast paced. Iconic Country singer Chase Lawson needs to clean up his image. He hires his first love and high school sweetheart Emma Young. Ten years ago he chose a record deal over Emma. He shows up at their 10 year high school reunion with a proposition she can’t refuse. This offer will allow her to travel and restore her family’s farmhouse.

I lived in jeans and boots, ponytails and Chap-stick.

Emma and Chase have a lot of unresolved feelings
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description
***4.5 Stars***

"History lessons are for learning, not reliving."

Fool Me Once is a standalone romance written by Nicole Williams. This story is about second chances and learning to let your heart forgive and your mind to forget.

Chase and Emma had the imperfectly perfect love story. They fought hard and loved sweet. At sixteen they gave each other the greatest gift of all, the promise of forever. But when eighteen years old came calling Chase left Emma heartbroken and bitter when it comes to lov
Avidez Literaria
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
“A puff of air burst from his nose as he gaped at me in utter disbelief. “Every person on this planet needs a reason to get up in the morning, and you, you are that for me.” One of his hands molded into the bend of my neck. “You’re my reason, Em.”

Emma is enjoying her high school reunion in a peculiar way: drowning her hurts in drinks. With two ex-boyfriends present, it can be said that there, is the last place that she would like to be. And to share the same environment that Chase Lawson is the
Emma
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-wishlist
Fool Me Once shows Nicole William’s at her finest, doing what she does best and that is giving the world a good guy to fall in love with 💕

Fool Me Once is completely engaging and a perfect way to warm up with an abundance of feels.

Chase and Emma were high school sweethearts, although Chase has to contend with his family’s reputation while growing up. His only chance to escape the life and family he was born into was via his musical talent. Although the price was a steep one, trading his heart and
Verna Loves Books
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fool Me Once by Nicole Williams is just sensational. I was consumed from the beginning to the end and let me tell you if I'm not completely obsessed with all things Chase Lawson. This is a character that will serenade his way into your heart and you'll never be the same.

This beautiful story is about second chances and two people who have to fight to let the past go so they can truly love each other the way it was always meant to be. When Emma sees Chase again, it's years later. He makes her an
Tracy Wilkin
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fool Me Once is a second chance novel by Nicole Williams. It was dramatically fast paced and descriptive, while never once did I feel it lacked all the delicious elements that are always present in a story by this author. Nicole Williams is a masterfully talented storyteller that captivates an audience and leaves them speechless and hungry for more.

Emma knows that to think about the past is only revisiting heartbreak, and confronting Chase doesn't go at all how she expected. Chase offers her a
Erin Mcmahon
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was so good I love a second chance romance and this totally fit the bill fun flirty a little heart break and some love ❤ .
Chase had the life everyone dreamed of a a booming music career fame fortune but one thing was missing from his life romance.
After messing up big time and tarnishing his reputation he came home for his class reunion and hopefully to see Em again.
Em has decided at 28 she will never find anyone one to many heat breaks and looser boyfriends is enough for her but then h
Thuy Taylor
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a sweet second chance romance book. Chase and Emma loved each other very much, but Chase was chasing his dream and his career over the years skyrocketed as a singer, playing out stadiums and everyone knowing his name. He left Emma to fulfill it. Years pass, he's back and he's back for her. Getting her to agree to go on tour with him, he's always wanted a chance back with the only girl he's ever loved.

While I enjoyed this quick book, I didn't really understand Emma's anger towards Chase.
Marika
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
such a sweet story! Chase and emma were highschool sweethearts but once he got his deal he vanished..ten years passed and now he is back..he needs her for his image.
I have to say I don't really go for any book that involves stars, country or rock, doesn't matters, but this one was atypical for various reasons and I found it very sweet.
I adore emma cause she is honest to a fault and she has a good head on her shoulder, she is not swayed by money and the fact that he is famous, on the contrary.
Ch
Cynthia Villarreal Ortiz
The fall is always the biggest challenge.

What do you do when your ex needs you to "clean up" his image?? The ex that meant everything to you but left you in the dust, would you help him if it were for a price? Or should you just let him take care of himself.
It's always about the sacrifice for love, who is willing to give up more.
If you're fooled once, can you fall again and at what price?
This book was well written.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams
Instagram: author_nicole_williams
Twitter: nwilliamsbooks

“No amount of fame was worth the cost of losing you.” 1 likes
“A man’s legacy isn’t the number of people who know his name,” he said, his words warm against my skin. “It’s defined by one good woman who knows him and loves him despite it.” 1 likes