Start by marking “Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #3)” as Want to Read:
Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #3)

Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur

(Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #3)

They are the first line of defense against the things that go bump in the night.

They are the keepers of a centuries-old legacy of The Church defending the world against the forces of darkness.

They are a bunch of highly armed rednecks, internet video celebrities, soccer moms, and assorted broken nutjobs.

They are the new Templars, and things are about to get weird.

Fr
Kindle Edition
Published December 6th 2018 by Falstaff Books (first published December 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur

Start your review of Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #3)
Suzanne Bourgeois
This series keeps getting better and better! this book was not as side splitting funny as the others, but it has its moments. This is where it stops being the moster of the week and actually start getting into some meta plot type stuff. What is MoMo up too? I have a sinking feeling it not going to be good. Guess I'll just have to keep reading to finde out ;) ...more
Dolorianne
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, cmcon2021
The author really out did himself with creatures and humor in this one. Loved the cryptid outing. Loved the push and pull of the different factions. Loved the quick action during some of the most dangerous encounters. And I loved that nothing was ever really what it seemed.
Lisa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Eric Asher! I love this series! Totally into the characters, if your from the Midwest this is a real treat, Sasquatch, dinosaurs and all kinds of trouble. This in a throughly enjoyable book! Non stop action with same crazy twists! I love this Authors mind! Pick one up! You won’t regret it!
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another snark filled series from Eric Asher and I love it. All those creatures you thought were made up are real in this Templars Novella. Non stop action from page one. I could not put it down and read it in just a few hours!
Susan
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mason Dixon & the Ghost Dinosaur is the third book in the Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter series. This can be read as a standalone. But they are so crazy you really should read them all! There is some violence...after all he is hunting monsters. I love this wanna be You Tube character and his pals. Definitely a fun read.
Wendy Schindler
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!!

This is another great tale of Mason Dixon and his encounters with legendary Missouri Cryptids!
The author's research and knowledge of of these obscure creatures and folktales is quite impressive and his telling the tales in such a way as to help you believe that they are not 'monsters' but misunderstood critters from days gone by is truly an art!
I highly recommend this book, series, and anything by the author!
Cmoore
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always know that I'm in for a special treat when I get a Mason Dixon book by Eric Asher, and I do believe this is the BEST one yet! I love the whole concept of cryptids, and I find so many new (to me) critters when I start listening to one of Eric's tales! Joel L Froomkin's narration is the icing on an already delicious cake!
The book starts out with Mason and his trusty camera crew consisting of... Emma!  On this outing, they're out looking for the elusive Sidehill Hoofer. Instead of documenti
Bethany
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric's Monster Hunter novellas are always so fun to read. They are unlike anything else I read. So I never know what creature will show up or even what the creature actually is. There were visits from old monster friends like Pinky and Sonny and Momo (who helps out with a most disgusting problem), who at this point seem rather tame. This book introduces some interesting monsters and some rather interesting, but mysterious characters. And as is true to the Eric Asher m.o., no you don't get a nice ...more
Donna
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third Mason Dixon book, and I started it not knowing that. You can read it without reading the previous books, but I was enjoying it so much I went back and read the others first, and they definitely enhanced my enjoyment - and they're so funny, it's no hardship at all reading them all!
Anyway, this book is a combination of comedy, cryptids, magic and mad adventure... So fun! I highly recommend this book (and series!) if you like silliness and daft creatures, or are just looking for s
Amy Bellino
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m always pleased with the immediate introduction to action. Mr. Asher does not give the reader time to get bored as the reader finds themselves dashing off on an adventure from the first page. You’ll find some of your favorite cryptids making a reappearance such as Pinky the gowrow as well a captivating new species our intrepid Mason Dixon and crew stumble upon while hunting for the side-hill hoofer. You can’t help but love Himari’s millennial humor and soft heart which finds her adopting an a ...more
Sandy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric R. Asher has written another great Templars Novella! There's plenty of action right away to grab you and keep you reading to find out what is going to happen next. Mason and his camera person, Emma, face high adventures when they are trying to fake some adventure films and a large "ghost" dinosaur interrupts them. The Jimplicute makes your heart jump into your throat on several occasions as well as invokes other emotions further along in the book. Other Cryptids and some Magyck abound in th ...more
Bea
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the "adventures and misadventures" of Mason Dixon. Asher has an intimate knowledge of the history, geography, and folklore of Missouri. This knowledge, combined with his off the cuff humor makes this series and enjoyable read. There is little fluff or filler in the book, they just dive right into the action and adventure. Although this IS the third book in the series, you can easily read this book without having read the other two. The question is, why wouldn't you want ...more
Erin Penn
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fast read from Eric Asher. I love Mason Dixon's approach to being a Templar in the Harkness' Bubba-verse - instead of hiding the fact monsters exist, become an internet cryptid-hunter. One of the few monster hunters who hunts with a zoom lens and a dart gun, for when push comes to shove.

And when Mason runs across GHOST DINOSAURS, push really comes to shove.

Awesome book. I mean - Dinosaurs!

With Sasquatches, and side-hill hoofers, and zigmals, .... everything a cryptid lover can love!
Angela
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really great series with some great subject matter.

I really enjoy the Monster Hunter series. It's a fun, adventuresome series with interesting subjects. I would love an illustrated version or graphic novel of this series. I think it would be cool to see the monsters come alive. Some are easy to imagine and others are harder. As per usual, there are some great jokes and sarcasm throughout this particular book. Love the snark and banter that these characters get up to. And they always meet intrig
Jodi
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just finished this amazing book and my only question is, WHERE IS BOOK 4? This was another humor filled, fantastical creatures yet more intense book then books 1&2. There was plenty of giggles on part. I adore take no nonsense Emma and Larry is such a hoot! Mason has the best friends to support him. I really want to know more about Momo who was involved in Dylan's death. I hope Eric does not leave us hanging. ...more
Ginelle Blanch
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed, breath stealing, fun!

This series, it's so unique! I find myself living the story right along with Mason, Emma, and their friends. It's fun that the monsters are written very humanely... there's generally a good reason for their...unrest.

The narrator is fabulous. He brings the story to life in a colorful, hilarious way.

I can't wait to listen to more in this series!
Panda99
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling story with lots of action
This is the first Mason Dixon book I have read, so it was a little confusing at first but I caught on quickly. The setting was easy to visualize and the developing story really kept my attention. Very scary critters, Interesting characters and the interplay between them was fun. I look forward to reading more from this series.
Melinda
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric Asher has another hit on his hands with the third book in this series. I have enjoyed the interaction between the characters since book one. The reader sees the overall story of the series develop more while being pulled into the action of the current book with the Ghost Dinosaur. You have action, humor and monsters with crazy names that unleashes your imagination.
Tim Shepard
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good one

Another good adventure with cryptic by Eric Asher. I've come to look forward to each new book in this series and this book certainly lived up to expectations. Looking forward to the next one.
Tina
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cmc20
The author has managed to draw me in with each book in this series. The creativity that he displays in his writings is out of this world. I find the characteristics of each of the monsters fascinating. I am looking forward to reading more in this series.
Andretta Schellinger
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this book a 4.5 because it is a little sad. It is a good book and I really want to read the series because I love me some cryptids but this was still sad.
Loretta Edgar
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Once again mason finds and saves monsters. Sonny has helped him a lot . There are new monsters that will surprise you. They may be monsters but they are not all bad.
Maya Barbery
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love all the misadventures of Emma & Mason!!
I would love to go cryptid hunting with them.
c. woods
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very funny!

Buy this book now & thank me later! Seriously, why are you still reading this & not buying the book & reading that?
Trevor
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mason and Emma return this time the are knee deep in dinosaurs, which also happen to be near invisible!! Nice story that works well due to the character interactions.
Jackie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful. A humourous ,intriguing story. Definitely makes your day Makes you want to read all of the series
Marc
Jan 04, 2019
Josh
Jan 06, 2021
« previous 1 3 next »

• Creature Feature (Spells, Salt, & Steel Book 7)
  • Open Season (Spells, Salt, & Steel #2)
  • Close Encounters (Spells, Salt, & Steel #4)
  • Monster Mash
  • Night Moves (New Templar / Spells, Salt, & Steel Book 5)
  • Deep Trouble (Spells, Salt, & Steel #3)
  • Houses of the Holy (Bubba the Monster Hunter)
  • Spells, Salt, & Steel (Spells, Salt, & Steel #1)
  • Comes A Reckoning (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter, #8)
  • Inflection Point (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #18)
  • Wasteland Marshals
  • Carl Perkins' Cadillac (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter)
  • Blaze of Glory: A Bubba the Monster Hunter Novella
  • A Bullet Ballet (Tales of the Gatekeepers #1)
  • Godless (Feathers and Fire, #7)
  • Homecoming (Montague & Strong Case Files #5)
  • Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • The Haunted Hotel Hoopla (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #11)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter (4 books)
  • Monster Hunter (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #1; The New Templars)
  • The Wampus of Reeds Spring (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #2 & The New Templars)
  • Mason Dixon & The Gowrow's Last Stand: A New Templars Novella