Start by marking “His Sweet” as Want to Read:
His Sweet

His Sweet

"A real bullet of a story" - Kristján Atli, Crime Author

When Sheriff Yolanda Demetriou receives boxes of notebooks, she has no idea of the horrors that lie ahead. Will she be able to piece together the information and locate the house where childhood dreams become nightmares? Or will she be too late to save an abducted girl?

In this dark psychological thriller, Yolanda
Published December 3rd 2018 by Antonov Publishing

To ask other readers questions about His Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Sweet

Start your review of His Sweet
Linda Strong
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Two young boys find boxes of notebooks in a place that no one should even know about. Hoping they wouldn't get into trouble, they take the boxes to the Sheriff's office.

Sheriff Yolanda Demetriou takes a look at the boxes, thumbs through a couple of the notebooks and immediately calls her team together.

These notebooks seem to have been written by a young girl who was kidnapped several years ago when she was only ten years old. Could she still be alive? With no names and very little information,
Aly Warren
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!! Loved every minute of this one. Personally I struggle with starting a book i find it difficult to get into it. But this one had my gripped straight away! Honestly didn't want to put it down. Perfect amount of detail throughout. Dosent drag on. 100% recomend it!.
Elite Group
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A unique story which gripped me from the beginning.

Yolanda Demetriou is the first woman of mixed-race to be appointed sheriff in Crowswood, Alabama. Normally, her days and that of her deputy Solomon and June, the dispatcher, are taken up with drink driving or traffic accident. Their quiet well-ordered lives all changed when some young teenagers who had been skateboarding at an old abandoned barn arrived with boxes of notebooks.

They soon discovered that the notebooks were written by a young
Mari LivTollefsonCarlson
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the Icelandic author of Nordic noir series, Loner, comes His Sweet. Set in Alabama, this chilling detective story is warmed by tender friendships.
After a miscarriage and subsequent separation from her boyfriend, Sheriff Yolanda is all the more determined to save an abducted girl. The girls journals found in an old barn reveal years of brutal captivity soon to end, either in death or release, depending on the efforts of Yolanda and her crime-fighting team.
The short book toggles between
Honestly  Austen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story gripped me right from the first page and I loved how the reader is brought back and forth between the diary of a young girl and the Sheriff who is desperately trying to locate her.

I finished this book in one sitting and completely ignored the real world around me, it held me so tight within its clutches.

There is a clarity to the authors writing and an ability to make you hold your breath while you wait to find out what is going to happen next. I loved how integral location is to the
Hannah May Book Reviews
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Title: His Sweet
Author: Hildur Sif Thorarensen
Pages: 177

Synopsis:

Sheriff Yolanda is brought some disturbing notebooks found by some youths in a place where they shouldnt have been found. When Yolanda takes a look at these notebooks what she finds is both shocking and unsettling and she immediately needs her team around her.

The notebooks were written by a poor, innocent young girl, kidnapped at the age of 10 years old. There is no name and very little information about her in these notes,
Rutuja Ramteke
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌠His Sweet By Hildur Sif Thorarensen
🌠Genre: Physiological thriller
Plot: Boxes of notebooks, clues to a terrifying mystery: When small town sheriff Yolanda Demetriou comes to work that day, she has no idea what to expect from her new case - or the horrors that lie ahead. In this psychological thriller, Yolanda and her team must hunt for a monster. With the life of a kidnapped girl on the line, they have no time to lose.
My Opinion: Firstly, I am happy that I have read a physiological thriller
Emily
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some young boys present a box of journals to Sheriff Yolanda - she soon realises they have quite a sinister background and more investigating is required. The journals appear to have been written by a girl, kidnapped at a young age who is clearly in desperate need of Yolanda and her teams help. They must work quickly to find out what has happened to the girl but with a small amount of information and little to go by, there is no time to waste for the girl is in increasing danger.

So the suspense
Emmjay
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
His Sweet follows the story of Sherriff Yolanda Demetriou as she combs through a missing persons case after a box of journals is turned in to the police. The story flips back and forth between Yolanda's perspective and various journal entries that they are reading through. I found this aspect quite interesting and really enjoyed getting to see the story from both sides. It helped to feel like you were investigating along with Yolanda and her team.
This book was a short read for me, being less
Ronita Banerjee
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Name- His Sweet
Written by- Hildur Sif Thorarensen
Published By- Antonov Publishing
Pages- 177
Genre- Psychological Thriller (Fiction)
Review-
A notebook, some scribblings and an ambitious cop.
Thorarensen spun a tale full of deceit and thrill, yet in the heart of this psychological thriller lies innocence, love and most importantly hope.
The way the author constructed the plot was nearly perfect. I loved the beginning more than the end.
The depiction of a crime so cruel that will not only initiate
Terry Pearson
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
My sincere thanks to the author for a free copy of her book-sent all the way fron Norway !

Sheriff Yolanda Demetriou receives several boxes of notebooks found by some teens in an abandoned barn. They turn out to be diaries of a young girl kidnapped several years ago at age ten. The diary entries detail her daily life in captivity. Aided by only a handful of clues and no name of the young girl, Sheriff Yolanda and her team race against the clock in hopes of finding her alive.

Ill be honest and
Amy Shannon
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chillingly suspenseful!

Thorarensen pens a magnificent story in His Sweet. Now, don't let the title fool you, but it definitely fits the story, but this is anything but sweet. I've read work by Thorarensen before, but I found this to be an incredible story of suspense, and thrilling plot twists. I'm a fan of thrillers, and this added a new dimension to the genre, as it's dark and suspenseful, making this reader savor every word, and wondering what happens next. The hidden secrets within a box of
Ann
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great story. Sheriff's deputy Yolanda Demetriou is presented with a puzzling mystery. Some teenaged boys have found a box full of journals in an abandoned barn. The journals seem to belong to a young girl who is being kept prisoner by a man who kidnapped her while she was a young child. She doesn't know how long ago that was, she isn't allowed to ask questions so she has lost track. Yolanda has a strong feeling that the victim is somewhere close by and she must find out where she is, ...more
Gudmundur Jonsson
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it, I did not expect anything special but I grabbed it with a couple of other books on my Christmas vacation in Morocco (surfing) and it was a fantastic page turner. I could not lay it down, it is not a hard read, it is like a delicious dessert. Hildur is definitely up and coming Nordic Krimi author. I recommend this nice sweet surprise to anyone. I give it solid 5 stars! She will be a world famous author, one day! You heard it first here :-)
Hugrún Hanna
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately swept away by the story, told with ease and conviction and enough excitement and mystery to keep me up until 2 am reading it! Even though this is only Hildur's 2nd book, it has no novice feel about it. The characters are relateable and interesting, and there is no boring patch in the story whatsoever. Highly recommended, my only complaint is that it wasn't longer, but it's only a novella after all 😊
Loraine Ledwell
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this book and was captivated as we see the story evolve from two different perspectives- I like the fact that theres a definite conclusion to the story , and we can see a happy ending, even if its not right now, but sometime in the future, for all the characters involved.
A story with enough complexity to keep the reader involved but not confused.
Sharon Williams
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This is a story about a young girl who disappeared years ago and was never found that is until her diaries she kept while being held hostage by the man who took her appear. You really want to help them find who this young girl is and where she is being kept.I like how it's told through diary entries and you feel like you are going through them with the detectives at the same time. I really liked the characters especially yolanda and would love to see her in more books. A ...more
Tyne Michelle L Beasley
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't put it down!

I absolutely could not stop reading this book! The story was well written and kept me on the edge of my seat! It was just the right amount of mystery that kept me reading to find out what happened next. I would absolutely recommend this book to any true crime lover. 😊
Andrea Fender
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a thrilling, gripping experience. If you enjoy true crime books and podcasts like I do, you won't want to miss this. Creepy, engaging and truly mesmerizing experience!
Julie Caple
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intricate and compelling, the author, Hildur Sif Thorarenson grabs you and doesnt let you go. I identified with the characters and thoroughly enjoyed the tale and could not read it fast enough to get to the conclusion. Please, I want more.
Gita
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
With only 181 pages, I finish this book in one sitting. A detective story with a predictable outcome. You cant really expect any complex character development or detailed police procedural with such a short book. But, I actually liked the story. The book is not badly written, kinda have a flow. But no plot twists and overall its just an OK read for me. ...more
Hasanthi
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two young boys find boxes full of notebooks and brings them up to the sheriff, Yolanda Demetriou , where she calls up her team for investigation. Yolanda has no idea where this will lead to or who is behind this. She later learns that a young girl has been abducted and held hidden by a man called Mr. Whiskers. With no proper names or locations and very little information, Yolanda begins her investigation with the help of FBI to find the missing girl. since they believed she is still alive.

The
Pooja Farwaha
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💚 An amazing thriller I would want literally every reader to pick.
💚 Judging from the title, this book seems like a girl's diary entry's collection showing her lover's feelings for his sweet. But, since it's a mysterious read, it becomes fun to know what's inside.
💚 Sheriff Yolanda Demetriou meets two young boys who found some notebooks at some abandoned place.
💚 Reading first few notebooks makes the point clear that a young girl has been kept at some unknown place ,since she was 10, for
Natasha Jones-Tharp
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Margaret Yelton
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in a FB giveaway from the author, and received it from them all the way from Norway. I love suspense/thrillers and this one certainly fit the bill. I found it to be very well written, and I was amazed how someone from another country could write such a excellent story centered in the south. I was able to read this book very quickly, which i enjoyed. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys suspense/thrillers.
Ariel
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I loved this! Read it in one sitting because I couldnt put it down. I was hooked from the beginning and just had to know how it would end! Cant wait for the next book by this writer. ...more
ann
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2019

• Hunting Game
  • Mental: Lithium, Love, and Losing My Mind
  • The Glass Eye: A Memoir
  • Setting Free the Bears
  • Parsnips, Buttered: How to baffle, bamboozle and boycott your way through modern life
  • Thicker than Water (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #2)
  • Hulemannen (William Wisting, #9)
  • Sticky Fingers
  • Evil Things
  • Back to Life (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 2)
  • An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good
  • A Plague Of Crows (Thomas Hutton #2)
  • Cold Wide Open Eyes (Hugo Storm Crime Thrillers Book 2)
  • The Sixth Precept (Dark Yorkshire #6)
  • THE AUCTION MURDERS an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 5)
  • The Long Fix Forever: The Scottish Crime Drama! (Hugo Storm Crime Thrillers Book 3)
An Author, Software Engineer and Medical Student currently living in Oslo, Norway.

News & Interviews