Start by marking “King's Gate (King's Gate #1)” as Want to Read:
King's Gate (King's Gate #1)

King's Gate

(King's Gate #1)

What would you do if you woke up in another world?

That's exactly the problem facing Alex Burke, a recently employed security guard who accidentally finds himself falling through an ancient teleportation gate. When he opens his eyes, he discovers a world of magic, elves, monsters, and demons, not all of which are eager to meet him.

With no idea how to get home, he'll need
Kindle Edition
Published December 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about King's Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King's Gate

Start your review of King's Gate (King's Gate #1)
Iori
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Well that was a nice début, it was actually better than the jumbled mess called "forever young" and the female love interest are interesting and not bothersome shrew. I liked how the magic was instinctive and the clear goal of the story.
Doug
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Didn't like it much.

I bought this novel because it was in the Amazon recommendations for me, and didn't go into it with high expectations. And shouldn't have gone in with any.

Pros: not many spelling or grammatical errors

Cons: obvious plot holes, one dimensional characters, poor scene setting, character reactions weren't believable. Definitely a work that should have gone to an editor first.

I would recommending purchasing this book as a gift for your enemies.
Sara
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-book-list
I have enjoyed all of Daniel Pierce's books but I must say King's Gate is my favorite!

Alex, our main character whose world is turned upside down when he's thrown into a different realm. He's a lovable character who makes you laugh. I had many laugh out loud moments reading this book. Emely, Mathus, Riley, Nia and Celeste make up the rest of Alex's band of misfits.

King's Gate will suck you in from the beginning and you'll be sad when you finish, like you've lost a dear friend. You'll laugh and
C.W. Ashley
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read 4 books from this author now, and with the others I was seeing a worrying trend. The story would start strong before losing steam with sluggish pacing and a boring support cast. Luckily King's Gate avoids these shortcomings, and stays fairly gripping throughout.

The chemistry of the main characters really does shine through I was half expecting it to get cheesy and tropey but the dialogue is quite snappy and invests you in their adventure. The plot is a pretty basic fantasy 'chosen one'
Frank Bertino
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining Read

Alex is transported from his job on Earth to another planet with waring magic and beautiful elves and others. His goal of getting home is hijacked by magic, battles, and lust (love?). I like the action, snarky humor, and romance. Will he be able to protect everyone from the dark magic? I look forward to the next book.
John
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Good start

So I liked The story and premise. I also like all the companions that the "Chosen one" has acquired. I don't however like the magic system as it is very vague. Basically poof something happens with no description or attempt the of. When a story is in a magic world and the MC is tasked with collecting more of it then there should be a more refined or structured system. Basically goes like this... Big battle and tattoo gets bigger. There also needs to be better transitions between areas
James
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good start to a series.

This book was enjoyable to read and it had some good moments in the book where you can see the characters developed.The characters are interesting and varied I enjoyed the use of the gates to make it possible for the author to develop the story in unique ways.
Tony Martinez
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
One dimensional characters with a loose idea of a story

Don't waste your money. Unlikable characters in a very loose idea of a story.
I could not force myself to get past a 1\4 of the book before giving up
Curtis
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A Gem That Needs More Polishing

The first thing: this is a good story, and I want to see more from this author. The story, world, characters, and magic are all new and interesting, and draw you in. The spell-checking and general editing is well done too. Nice. So having said all that, here’s why the very best I can give it is 3/5: Discontinuity.

Maybe it’s just me, but the MC’s emotions and postures are all over the place: I simply can’t get a feel for the guy. One minute he’s strong and
Drew
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
High fantasy

Not for me. There seemed to be a mismatch between the stakes (saving the entire world) and the level of conflict faced by the characters (discomfort disclosing uncomfortable pasts)

This kind of drains the tension in the story. If we're told that a character is a future King of the World, then he's almost certain to live through fights with low-level mooks.

It also makes interpersonal drama weird. If the fate of the world hangs on Some Guy getting to a city, then conflicts with an ex
Robert
Dec 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Made it to 45%

I am sure this story made sense in the author's head but something was off when he typed it in. Every single scene was confusing. As if there were entire paragraphs missing. This story have me a headache just trying to keep straight where characters where and what they were doing. Their emotions and dialog were jumping around faster than a cartoon character in a washer.
Larry Coppock
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and Fun

I love a story told with humor and adventure. This book has both and appears to promise much more. It’s always fun to see how an author treats a storyline involving a dive from “now” into some fantasy world in another dimension. The excellent mix of characters and their individual traits adds to the author’s premise and enriches the whole minds eye while reading. Very recommendable for young adults and older.
Alan K
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magic with brute force

A great adventure begins with this book. Likeable characters, a great evil to defeat, what more could a story about a small band of misfits need? Thoroughly enjoyed, it even had a couple of steamy sex scenes which adds to the complexity of the relationships between the characters.
Jessica
Jan 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
Not appealing

Have not finished it. I find Emely very annoying. I am 35% of the way through and I need a break from her. I like strong female leads, but I find the character grating. Maybe I’ll revisit this novel and give it another try, it sounds promising and so far I like everything... except Emely.
Joshua Kurtz
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve found a new favorite author in Daniel Pierce.. just the right amount of spice and plenty of action to keep the story moving. This is the second series of his that I’ve sunk my teeth into and I’m looking for more!!!
Andy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Not for me.

Reading this book was an arduous task. I seriously considered filing this one in the ‘unfinished ‘ pile. Characters are mediocre and Emely was unbearable for 80% of the book. Thank you for the effort. I hope our paths may cross again at a more enjoyable juncture.
Mahesh Nakka
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good start of the series.

This is my first book of the author and Thanks to my dear friend Lori's good words I picked this up. I'd say I'm not disappointed in the least but I felt it could have been better. Hope it improves along the way!
Drew
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it

Certainly better than some of the reviews would have you believe. Mind you the cover art is nonsense, how about drawing the actual characters!!!

Overall I thought it well written and the characters seem pretty authentic for what they are, looking forward to more.
Dan
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Good story annoying main chracter

I enjoyed the overall concept of the book but just couldnt get over the whiney main character i intend to read the next one but pray the mc grows up a lot
Andrew Gring
Fun

This was a great start. I loved the characters.The action was great. I love harem books. Great sex scenes. Keep them coming.
Michael Burnett
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good first book

Good first book can't wait for the next in the series Daniel pierce is a great writer I like a lot of his work
Terry Bean
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good start

This is a ok start, I hope that it develops into series worth reading. The second book needs to better to continue reading this series.
Willy Turner
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story

I loved this story and its characters, it was very detailed and the plot kept me hooked until the end, I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Mac
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun intro into a new world. I am looking forward to more books in this adventure.
Jay Collins
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars maybe 3.5. I was a pretty good star to a series. It was pretty standard type of book of this type but pretty well done for the most part. I will be doing the next book.
Kelley
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could. Good story but it has some plot wholes.
Douglas Hull
Great

Defiantly worth your time to read, the effort to. It is awesome adventure fanciful romp through a new world as Alyx grows in his magic and his future.
Andy Ribaudo
Didn't really grab me. Probably won't finish the series.
Irizumi
Great read

Like this book and liked the MC a lot. Didn’t start overpowered and had to work at it to get used to being the chosen one. Looking forward to see what happens next.
Hooperman88
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Blood Mage (Blood Mage, #1)
  • Metal Mage
  • Breaker (Monster Tamer, #1)
  • Vampire Mage
  • Djinn Unleashed (The Elven-Trinity, #1)
  • Texas Showdown (American Dragons #4)
  • Conqueror (Monster Tamer, #2)
  • Fae Collector (Book 2)
  • Summoner 3 (Summoner, #3)
  • Fae Collector (Book 1)
  • Dan the Warlord (Gold Girls and Glory, #4)
  • Power Mage
  • Arena
  • Metal Mage 2
  • Succubus Lord 2
  • God of Magic
  • Succubus Lord
  • Witch Master

King's Gate (2 books)
  • King's Gate 2 (King's Gate #2)