Start by marking “Monstronomicon: 100 Horror Stories from 70 Authors” as Want to Read:
Monstronomicon: 100 Horror Stories from 70 Authors

Monstronomicon: 100 Horror Stories from 70 Authors

Tips for Monster Hunting Check the deepest part of the ocean.
Or let someone with a submarine check it for you.

Order a monster egg online.
Make sure it won't hatch before it arrives.

Don't. What are you, crazy?
You don't need to look. The monsters will find you.

THE MONSTER BOOK OF MONSTERS is a collection of 100 st

Published December 17th 2018 by Haunted House Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Monstronomicon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monstronomicon

Start your review of Monstronomicon: 100 Horror Stories from 70 Authors
E.Z. Morgan
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monstronomicon is an anthology of 100 monster stories written by 70 different authors. If that sounds like a difficult undertaking, you’d be right. Balancing the voices of 70 different people is an art in and of itself. Add in blood-curdling monsters and this becomes a mountain of a project. Overall, I feel this work was very successful in what it was trying to accomplish.

As a result of this publication, a new series is being piloted to promote indie authors on the small screen. “Into Midnight”
Tam
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's something to satisfy almost every horror fan. This one kept me up late into the night, a couple of nights in a row.

Jackie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally intriguing collection of monster stories from a fascinating variety of writers. Enough to keep you reading for awhile.
Satu Seise
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great stories from authors who knows how to put horror in words.There were monsters of all sorts. A good read!

Roxie Prince
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Read this review and more on my blog at Hey, Roxie Reads!

‘Monstronomicon: 100 Horror Stories from 70 Authors’ by Various
⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3/5
Finished on April 19, 2019
Read with Kindle Unlimited Subscription
FREE on Kindle Unlimited | $4.99 on Kindle | $26.21 on Audiobook | $24.99 in Paperback

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
THE MONSTRONOMICON is a collection of 100 stories from around the world. These aren't your everyday Werewolves and Wendigos either. Each story is told by the survivor of an encounter with a unique and m
Joshua Hair
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'll preface this review by saying that I've read just about every other book put out by Haunted House Publishing and loved most of them. I was so incredibly excited to hear about this massive project and even more excited to be one of the first to review it. Unfortunately, I found my progress jarred to a halt again and again by the abundant lack of editing. It's strange, really; Tobias Wade and his team usually put out top-rate horror. I've noticed that, for whatever reason, the editing has bec ...more
Amy Arndt
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I wasn`t able to read all 100 stories, so I`m basing my review on the stories I did read.
I liked this collection of short horror stories. Some of them were really creepy and eerie. Some of my favorites were: The Whistler`s Highway, My Father-In-Law, and The Deepest Part of the Ocean Isn`t Empty. The ones that were my least favorite didn`t give me the scare factor I like in my horror stories, and at least one left me more confused than creeped out. I`m definitely going to finish
Loreal
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is indeed a monster-sized collection, not only in number, but in terms of the way you can perceive and therefore illustrate monstrous things.
In the first 20 bite-sized stories I've read so far, there have been hideous things alien and vicious; creepy and sly things that prey upon the mind, in much the same manner of Edgar Allan Poe; aberrant things you want to destroy or hide from; and even some that, on reflection, twisted or otherwise, are invited to stay.

There are also multiple offerings
Norma Sullivan
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting book. There seems to be something for everyone within the pages of this book. Some of the stories sounds like something kids tell to other kids to scare them. Some are genuinely scary (to me anyway). Some are more gross than anything.

I enjoyed quite a few of the stories, but did not care for quite a few either. Not everyone has the same tastes, but from what I have read, (I'm a little over halfway through the book) I feel that most people will find something that suits their tas
Linda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished
I was very excited about this book until I started reading the stories. Some of the stories were refreshingly different from other "scary" stories, yet others were not very interesting ones to read. I found several typo errors in some of the stories, making them harder to read. I guess when you put this many stories together in one book, they can't all be good. Too many seemed like lame stories told around a campfire by kids who thought a bump in the night was scary. Maybe it was because the sto ...more
Michelle
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a huge book of 100 short stories by mixed authors with monster themes of all kinds. If you love monsters, you’re bound to find something in here you’ll love. Like any mixed story book, there are going to some you love and some not so much, but I found it generally enjoyable myself. Some are downright creepy, some sort of predictable, some cute, and then some really twisted. Worth the read if this is your sort of thing, and you might find some new authors to follow you weren’t familiar wi ...more
Vicki
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm only 3/4 thru the book, but am really enjoying most of it. I found a few stories that were disappointing to me, but I'm a 72 year old woman and maybe just a wee bit jaded by horror stories. I've found several real gems in here, so it's easy to continue looking for the next one. These stories run the gamut from truly terrifying to just plain silly (there goes that age/gender thing again, sorry). All in all, I'm enjoying the book and would recommend it for horror fans.

I received a free copy of
Blanche Padgett
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a lot of short stories about monsters, strange places and other creepy things. Some of the stories were great but for every 2 or 3 good ones there's a not so good one.

I received an ARC from Booksprout and this is my honest review

Lana G
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great collection of stories! Some creepy, some odd, and some just out there. Overall a good assortment with a little something for any reader of the horror genre. Look forward to seeing some of the stories made into short films.

Claudia
Shelves: horror, anthology
What a fantastic anthology! Of course, as in any anthology, and particularly one with so many stories, you'll find a wide variety of themes and styles, and some will sit better with you than others.

But seriously, the quality of the stories is astonishing, From truly scary to creepy to ominous, you'll find something here that it's just for you.

A recommended read!
Mary Bethe
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had stories for every kind of monster lover. There were stories to thrill you, put you in nightmares and even boggle your mind.
I wanted it to never end. I have read it twice now cause I would concentrate on a different way of thinking about the story.

Nathaniel
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book courtesy of haunted house publishing. I enjoyed reading this book so much. The many authors and stories made it feel like there was a story for everyone to read. I highly recommend it to horror fans everywhere.

Wendy Eads
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Had high hopes when I started to read this anthology, and it did not disappoint. Hooked from page one. Stories flowed quickly and did not become boring. Before I knew it I was at the end. Loved it and will be reading it again.

Mama Creep
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow This book is amazing. I love how each of the monsters are so unique. The descriptions are very great. Makes it easier for me to imagine what they really look like. At least not all of the monsters are creepy, some stories portray gentle monsters. Overall an amazing book and would totally recommend.
Carrie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of different short stories in here, something for everyone, I'm sure most will like some more then others like I did but all in all this is awesome, I love short stories cause your mind can wonder so many different ways.

Elizabeth Shrum
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Awesome Collection

The short stories are intriguing, and some leave you wanting a whole novel. This took me a while to read. It's worth the price. It's also worth checking out whichever authors interest you from this anthology. These manage to unsettle without using too much more or extreme violence. I'd recommend this book for anyone who is interested in horror.
April
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A comprehensive collection of chilling, spine tingling horror stories. Each one is horrifying in its own way, and all are gripping. I absolutely loved this collection!

Hannah
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The stories in this book are unique and full of variety. Some are a little spooky while others are comical or absolutely terrifying. A great anthology for people who love monster stories and horror in general.

melody rainbow
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book with amazing stories in it.
Some real scary and creepy stories.
I really enjoyed reading these stories and highly recommend this to read.

Faizah Mahfuz
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting book, I enjoyed reading it a lot. The combination of stories with different author made it more refreshing.

Steven Mahler
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Generally good stories. Needs editor.

Something spooky or macabre for almost any taste. With a few real gems. Some seem to be first timers though and could use a little cleaning up.
Annemarie
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
There is something within these pages for everyone. Some will out and out scare you. Others will make you wish that the Author could have made a short story long. All will leave you wanting more. Happy reading. Annemarie
Amy Borlinghaus
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All of the stories were well written. They all had a sense of creepiness about them. There were a few stories that I’ve already read on nosleep, but I didn’t mind reading them again.
Obsidian Vixen
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great read. Am still not finished with the book but loving it so far.
Cherry
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

A great assortment of horror stories kept me glued until the end. Definitely recommend this to anyone who loves horror.

• Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify
  • Terror in the Shadows: Volume 1
  • Terror in the Shadows: Volume II
  • Night Terrors Vol. 1
  • Terror in the Shadows: Volume 3
  • The Horror Collection: Black Edition (THC Book 2)
  • Accursed: A Horror Anthology
  • The Horror Collection: Gold Edition
  • The Horror Collection: Purple Edition: THC Book 3
  • The Ones Who Never Came Back: Horror Stories and Novellas
  • Terror in the Shadows: Volume 4
  • THE MONSTERS WE FORGOT: VOLUME 3
Former neuroscience researcher, born again horror writer. During my studies, it struck me as odd that I could learn so much about why humans behave without understanding the intricacies of human nature. It occurred to me that I learned more about the depths of human experience from reading Dostoyevsky than I ever had from my text books, and I was inspired to write.

Download my horror collection for