Start by marking “Warrior Undone” as Want to Read:

Warrior Undone

From Amazon Bestselling Author Jessica Ruben comes the latest Contemporary/New Adult Romance....

I have no intention of finding happily-ever-after.
At least, not anymore.

Fighting for my country was an honor,
returning home is a curse.

My demons need to be fed.
How else can a shattered man stay afloat?

When a wild night in Las Vegas with the sexiest woman I've ever met turns into
Published February 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Undone

Start your review of Warrior Undone
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Wordsmith Publicity)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Slade McCormack grew up in Virginia, and then spent ten years as a navy SEAL. He returns home trying to ease back into the real world after leaving the military. He comes back to nothing. He's alone and too in his head. He suffers from severe PTSD, and his memories from war felt crippling. He's assaulted daily by nightmares and flashbacks, and struggles to maintain his day to day life. He's working to stay afloat, and then he's offered a job that
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Some hearts are full of gratitude and joy, eager to make the earth a better place. My heart? It’s disfigured, and it can no longer be trusted.”

After I finished Jessica Ruben’s debut series Vincent & Eve, I had high hopes for Warrior Undone. I know the intelligent, compelling and emotionally driven story telling Jessica has produced in the past, but… wow…. I am literally speechless after this powerful, heart racing and breathtaking story. I first met Slade when reading Vincent & Eve
Chelé
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I literally just stood up and started a slow clap after finishing Warrior Undone. *WOW* Bravo Jessica Ruben! I am utterly wrecked, speechless and stunned after this story.

I have to admit, I wasn't quite sure what to expect after Vincent & Eve's series.......which was my top series last year so my expectations were extremely high. Warrior Undone is completely different and in some ways, dare I say......I loved it even more! Why? Because Slade's story comes through as such a pure labor of love by
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Hello Whiplash!

Total. Intense. Whiplash. From the very beginning and that intensity doesn’t let up until the very end. Saying this one is a roller coaster is an understatement. It’s kind of like a roller coaster caught up in a tornado. But the crazy was addicting and kept me turning the pages until the very end.

Here’s the thing about Slade and Lauren, I liked them, I really, really liked them, but damn did they try me on all kinds of levels. They are both really good people with
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The minute I read Jessica Ruben's Warrior Undone I was hooked. I thought Slade and Lauren were sexy, intense and very addicting. This story was so heartbreaking and emotional but ultimately uplifting. Slade and Lauren were raw, real and provocative. I thought this story was fantastic!!

In Warrior Undone, I particularly loved the author's honest depiction of Slade, a combat veteran struggling with PTSD and survivor's guilt after the death of his friend and teammate. His sadness and vulnerability c
Happily Mary After
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-february
Love this sexy and moving love story about a former soldier with PTSD. Rec to follow on Frolic closer to publication date. ...more
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-arc-reads
I absolutely devoured this book. I tried putting it down, and just couldn't. J Ruben wrote a perfect story of a broken veteran and a strong, independent heroine. It was exhilarating, breathtaking, and all-consuming.

I first met Slade in Vincent & Eve's series, which I loved so much that I wasn't sure how I would feel about Slade's story. But this man stole my heart!!!! He is so beautifully broken. He is all Alpha-male and I am HERE.FOR.IT. The muscles, the confidence, the possessive and protecti
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
So, I LOVED the Vincent and Eve series. When I finished, I immediately messaged Jessica and told her I NEEDED Slade! I fell for him before I ever even had his book! His story is emotional and hard sometimes, but it’s sweet too. Those strong, broken heroes just do me in every time! I really, really enjoyed this book. I only wish it was longer and that we maybe got a little more time towards the end. I would’ve liked to see more of Slade and Lauren working though their issues together. But still, ...more
Tzelina
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars! Actually this was an amazing book!! I wasn't expecting anything else after reading Eve's and Vincent tale!! It's a story that struggles with very emotional and important matters such as PSTD, drugs and death!! For me it was emotional, beautiful, breathtaking read !! Surely it was a remarkable story and I totally recommend it!
The Book Bee
REVIEW: DNF

Well, darnit. The cover worked. The synopsis worked. But man, the writing and characters just didn't work for me. Many different factors and scenarios came into play determining if I was going to continue on with this book, or if I was just going to call it quits. DNF'ing this book wasn't an easy decision because I wanted to desperately read it, but it didn't work for me for so many reasons. I quit around 35% and then skimmed the remaining of the book, but focused on a few parts that
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Outstanding book! Well written depiction of PTSD. This book really hit home for me. I was rooting for Slade and Lauren since they were introduced in the Vincent & Eve trilogy.
Warrior Undone tackles real life issues that so many veterans and their families face on a daily basis. I can’t recommend this read enough.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Flow (Writing Style)~ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)
BookSmacked
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Warrior Undone is a stand-alone romance that is a spinoff from Jessica Ruben's series Vincent and Eve which I loved and if you haven't read it, its a definite must read if you ask me.

Now this book is about Slade and Lauren who we met in the Vincent and Eve series. This book deals with PTSD and the affect it can have. Jessica definitely gives us some very raw and often times heartbreaking moments throughout this book.

I found myself bouncing back and forth between how I wanted the characters to
JenMcJ
Oct 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books, ku
This book just didn't work for me compared to Light My Fire and the first two Vincent and Eve books. I almost DNF'd this one but I persevered just to see how much Lauren would put up with from Slade (hint: it's a lot and waaaaay too much) and to see more of Eve and Vincent.

I had so many issues with the one week these two spent together while the whole relationship was an abusive, dangerous as f*ck and out of control whirlwind of bad choices and even more red flags than I could handle watching a
Jean
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had everything I normally love in a book.....a broken military hero, a strong heroine, and a great storyline. I really did like it, but I struggled with it at some parts and sometimes felt disconnected from the characters. Overall though, it was really good and I see many, many of you loved it, so it could have just been me and my mindset at the time. You know how that goes sometimes.
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
full review to come
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben has wow’d us again! Warrior Undone is the standalone spin-off from the Vincent & Eve series. It features Slade and Lauren. It is emotional, intense, and full of angst. The burn is slow as the story builds up. Like a roller-coaster our ride is wild with ups, downs and a few crazy turns.

Slade is a complex man. He is dominant and direct. As a Navy SEAL his life was full of control and adrenaline. When Vincent Borignone, Slade’s best friend, offers him an opportunity to head security
Karen Mc
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Jessica Ruben has penned another heart-stopping and soul-slaying sensation!!! The perfect blend of romantic and real. WARRIOR UNDONE completely undid me, unraveling every piece of my military wife heart. I was UTTERLY MOVED, rendered bare, broken, breathless and bleeding, and oh did I love every moving minute. So WONDERFULLY WRECKED.

Told through a former military hero that has been to battle but still bears invisible scars and a strong and sweet heroine, Warrior Undone delve
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
There is just not enough stars!!

OK, so I think it’s safe to say that every book Jessica Ruben writes is going to instantly become my favourite read of the year.

It happened with the Vincent and Eve series, and now with Warrior Undone.

Last year Jessica’s debut series Vincent and Eve took the top spot for Best Read of the Year for me and has become one of my all-time favourites. I couldn’t wait to see what the author had up her sleeve for us next, so you can probably imagine how excited I was whe
Paperback Princess
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!

I absolutely loved her debut series Vincent and Eve...so when she revealed she was writing a standalone I all but jumped out of my skin wanting to read it and yessssss ..Jessica Ruben did not disappoint!!! Omg I loved this book so much...Slade McCormak is failing at dealing with his PTSD from being Navy Seal and seeing more than his fair share of bad things while in Afghanistan. Now back in the civilian world he meets Lauren at a wedding and there’s instant chemistry and a huge connec
Michele
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slade was the epitome of a damaged man. He had been pushing so much hurt and guilt down and ignoring it. I have not personally dealt with PTSD, but this seemed like a very realistic and gritty portrayal of it. It’s an ugly beast that has the potential to not only destroy the person’s life who suffers from it, but also the lives of those around them. Slade knew he was battling it but didn’t want to get help. Instead, he tried to keep his distance from those who he was afraid he could hurt like La ...more
Jo
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply beautiful!

From start to end, I was addicted to Jessica's words as I have been before and I felt like I was right there; involved in Slade and Lauren's story - the beautiful parts, the ugly parts and everything in between.

Writing about life post-military cannot be easy. It's not an easy subject and this was oh so real to read about. My heart continually went out to Slade and his difficulties in resuming what most would class a "normal" life.

His daily struggles became more noticeable to L
Megb
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. That was way more than I ever expected out of this book!

Slade is an ex Navy SEAL who is struggling to keep his head above water some days. He runs a security company that he and some buddies from the military started. They do the security for The Mile which is a casino Vincent built.

Lauren lives in LA and works as a legal secretary. She is living the mundane day to day wishing she could find love with a man who doesn’t just want her as his arm candy. All of her friends are marrying for m
Lauren Runow
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PTSD is real and Ms Ruben nailed it with this one!!! This book had me dying to read more. I hurt for Slade and all he’s been through! Everyone needs that one person and watching him find his person was a journey I’ll never forget! Get ready for an emotional tale of survival and moving on with your life the only way you know how.
Nicolette Eyssen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
by Jessica Ruben

This book came to me at just the right time.
I could not put it down. Slade and Lauren were the perfect combination of chaos.

I wasn’t really sure what to expect after the Vincent & Eve series because hello, Vincent. It was just perfection and I feel like Jessica took it to the next level. I almost want to say I love it more but I’m not sure that’s fair to Vincent.

Slade is so perfectly broken that I longed to hear how his story would turn out. The way the book wa
Maria11
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching story

A story of finding yourself with lots of bumps mistakes and drama. The story of the Vet finally getting help is so important and valuable in today’s society. We have so many Veterans who don’t and self medicate, take drugs, are violent and commit suicide. I am glad it didn’t end up like that. I am glad that love conquers all. God’s greatest gift is love.
Gonewiththeromance
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book! Jessica Ruben is definitely super talented new author who keeps surprising us readers with her captivating writing and complex heroines and heroes. Warrior Undone was fast paced book with amazing plot and perfectly damaged hero. Slade was everything I loved in ex military characters , with hilarious side and enormous amount of hotness❤️

Perfect solution for chilly winter night!
Highly recommended!
EpicRomanceReviews
•´¸.•⭐´¨) ¸.•⭐'¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
❤~🌟~❤ 4.5 BEAUTIFULLY TORTUROUS STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

“My heart is at war.”

ELECTRIFYING. TRAGICALLY BEAUTIFUL. SOUL-CONSUMING. HEART-SHATTERING. AWE-INSPIRING! These are just a few of the catchphrases that come to mind when I try to encapsulate the epic journey that Jessica Rubens takes us on in WARRIOR UNDONE.

THE PREMISE:
The hero of this gloriously penned, POWERFULLY EMOTIONAL tale is Slade, a former Navy SEAL who is wrestling with dark demons after 12 years of hard c
Shannon
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t even know how to explain the problems I had with this book. It started off good but after 20% I lost interest. I feel like the characters were all over the place and they were constantly changing their mind. Just wishy washy and they both just bugged me. I really wanted to like this. I tried to force it. I just couldn’t connect.
Kristi
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I skimmed portions of this book. I think the approach to PTSD, drug use and physical abuse was handled well. Not might type of read but I wanted to give it a try.

Rating:NC-17 (drug use, physical abuse, sexual content and language)
Language: use of deity, profanity throughout
Recommend: on the fence
Three Chicks
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I loved Jessica Ruben’s Vincent and Eve series and was excited to find out that she was writing another book, based on a character from this series. I immediately became a fan of Ms. Ruben’s after reading this series. Her writing just sucks you in and Warrior Undone was no different/

Lauren is in Vegas for her friend’s Bachelorette party. The last person she ever expected to see was Slade, the guy she spent one hot, passionate and amazing night with, after her friend E
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Over You
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Method
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Mr. Spencer
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Release
  • Pricked
  • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
  • Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
  • Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • The Italian
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • The Devil's Advocate (Devil's Playground, #2)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)