Start by marking “PSYCHOlogical” as Want to Read:
PSYCHOlogical

PSYCHOlogical

Vincent Briggs had an unsavory childhood. Becoming a statistic would have been easy, but Vincent never took the easy way out of anything. Intelligent, cunning, and manipulative, he managed to do more than survive. He thrived. Now in his mid-thirties, Vincent is perceived by many as being the best in existence at his job. His profession?

Murder.

Valerie Rho/>
Kindle Edition
Published December 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about PSYCHOlogical, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PSYCHOlogical

Alex ♈
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, safe
Questionable moral, but the book was cool written. Well paced, without unnecessary details, all to the point.

I wished for more romance. I get it's a thriller, but the build-up was intense and I expected more.
BleuBelle
Loved it. Great writing. Intriguing story. Safe. Protective Hero and strong Heroine. Without drama.
Scott Hildreth
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: suspense, fast-paced
Can you say MIND-FUCK? Hildreth broke out of his typical (and somewhat predictable) biker romance genre to produce his first full-length psychological thriller.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

In the prologue, a rather nervous man answers the door in hope of getting a pizza he ordered. Instead, he gets a bullet in the face. It isn’t graphic, nor is there a mountain of description about the splattering of blood or the distribution of brain matter.

The man simply gets killed.

For what? We have no idea. At least no
Jen Campbell
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dec. 5th,at 9:34am. I am going to try and start to collect my thoughts on Scott Hildreth’s latest novel, psychological….. This book is like no book I have ever read; it is soooooo next level consuming.

I love to read, fact. I get lost in books, fact. I look up from my kindle and hours have passed, fact. In the past I have always have been able to detach from story move through my day in a normal fashion until I picked up my kindle again.

This book did not allow that, this storyline grabbed hold; it zip-tied my
~ Cariad ~
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge Scott Hildreth fan and probably half of what I read (and listen to on Audible) are thrillers/psychological dramas and police procedurals, the other half being contemporary romance and smut! So I felt well placed for SH on this one.

It is undoubtedly a cracking good story, well paced, well written (of course, it's SH!) full of interesting facts and thrilling. I loved both Vincent and Val.

But God, a book never needed hot, dirty, passionate 'we could die at any moment' sex more than thi
Carol Hall
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Speechless!

Scott Hildreth certainly knows how to spin a tale. This one will keep you guessing long after the last page. Loved every page. Unlike anything else I've read. Well done.
Mel
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just wow!!!!

I always enjoy these books but I was a little skeptical about reading this book bcuz I'm not a suspense type of person. I am very impatient. I knew the book would be good and yet I was still hesitant. I decided to get the book and waited until the weekend to read it so I would be able to read without having to stop and go to sleep and work. The fact that I enjoyed this book soooooo much without there being any sex scenes says a lot about this book. It was nothing short of spectacul
Mindy
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fall into the rabbit hole!

You fell like Alice taking down the rabbit hole with all the twists and turns this story takes! Although the subject of the book is dark this book doesn't have an overbearing thunder cloud looming over the story. This book looks into highly trained assassins, are they killing machines or humans that are keeping us safe? When is the line crossed? Whose orders so you follow!
Debbie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I now know who to call in the event I ever need to hide something important, or possibly plan the untimely and/or accidental death of someone who has made me angry. Oh Mr. Hildreth to be inside your head.

PSYCHOlogical takes the reader in a different direction from the other books written by SH. The main characters are Vincent Biggs, a killer for a secret government program entitled New Dawn and Valerie Rhoades, the psychiatrist assigned to evaluate the men in this top secret program. There are
Deborah
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding page turner! Jam packed with action and balanced with details to the plot, I absolutely loved this book.

Scott’s ability to use humor, sarcasm, romance and various logical and military terminologies shows how talented this man is. I was beyond intrigued by some of the dialogue and I was blown away by Scott’s clever weaving of the story. I’m just sad that I’ve finished it.

What can you expect from this book... not everything is as it appears. If you’ve read other works by Scott you
Debbie
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

This is my first by this author and won't be my last. PSYCHOlogical was a blast to read and its clean, concise writing made it and an easy read, which doesn't happen often with thrillers. They're often filled with side plots and mountains of details used to misdirect and confuse the reader. Scott Hildreth's straight forward style was quite refreshing in the genre and I couldn't get enough. Even without all the extra's, I didn't see the twists coming. Well, at least not all
Melissa Fisher
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Edge of your seat read!!

This is the first book I have read by this author. Though I have acquired a few of his books in my TBR, this was the first I actually read. Val and Vincent were both very relatable and real. I fell for Vincent because he was so very male. Protective and caring without the total Alpha persona. Val was very relatable as she always thought through everything she did. And the twists, so well hidden I had not a clue. The scariest part about this book is that it is so very b
Wendy
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting story

I didn't know what to expect in Scott Hildreth's novel Psychological. I was intrigued by the synopsis and was excited when this novel released.
If you love military plots, you will love this mind boggling novel. It is full of twists and turns throughout.
For me personally, it was too dense with military jargon but, it was clear in my limited knowledge of the subject that the author did his research. For the lovers of classic literature, you will enjoy the literary reference
Tam
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PSYCHOlogical should be at the top of your TBR list!!!

I don't just hand out 5-star reviews. They have to be earned. And, this book EARNS it in spades!!! This was probably my favorite psychological thriller in quite some time. The plot line was twisted and dark and SO believable. I instantly bonded with the main characters Vincent and Val and became heavily invested in their personal journeys. This story has one shocking surprise after another along with a major twist at the end.

If y
Carly
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. So I did not see that coming. I am definitely going to be rereading this so I can see where I went wrong. This book was amazing. So different from Scott's other books but I think that's what drew me in so much. This was a book that will never get old for me. Great job!
Allena
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Diabolically brilliant.
An exceptionally clever psychological thrill ride that you HAVE to read to appreciate.

I can’t remember the last time a book has left me this drained and ready to start it all over again.

Melissa Lambert
Yes! Yes! Yes!

This book is unlike any other that I have read. Scott truly gave us a five star read with this one. If you haven't read this book, give it a chance. It's not what you think and there's a lot you won't see coming. Be prepared to be amazed.
Diane Jaeger
Clandestine operational thriller

Scott Hildreth has done an outstanding job on a new area of book genre'. Loved every min I was emerged in this highly anticipated release. I really can't wait to see if he will do more in this area. Trying to find something more awesome to say about this book. Character build if Vin and Val believeable and scenes rocked, with action and suspensefulness. Nailed it
Melinda  Parker
10 STARS AREN'T ENOUGH!

Mind numbing, mind blowing, thought provoking and outright writing perfection!

Hildreth introduced me to Vincent Briggs, a product of not only society and military but of a life dealt a bad hand. That leads Vincent to the very controlled and structured life offered by the military. He becomes a mechanism, a means to an end. He's nothing and everything simultaneously.

Dr. Valerie Rhoades is assigned to help Vincent and those like him to maintain a clear thinking
Carcoura LaRomantique
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah, Scott... You did it again!

Tight action scenes, characters with just enough flaws to be relatable while at the same time larger than life (Jack Reacher-style!), and more twists than a Zumba class. All that and a sneaky thread of romance leads this clever tale of covert ops and the psyche of trained killers to a really satisfying ending. Great reading as always, thank you Mr Hildreth!!
Rebecca  Kleckner
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just, WOW. The twists, the turns, the absolute question is it right or wrong. Normal is a moving target is so perfect. This book has intrigue and mystery. I was so amazed, I had to take a moment or 2 after reading to be sure what I read was what I read. Scott write wonderful stories and keeps me going through the story but this one. This one tops them all. I don't want to give spoilers but I had guessed right on one aspect but never saw the other coming, AT ALL. Awesome, just awesome.
Lisa
Wow!

Wow!What a ride!! This book had my adrenaline pumping the while time! I could not put it down. I was snagged from the first paragraph. Scott Hildreth wrote an excellent book! I had no idea where it was going to even to the end. ! I recommend it highly! An excellent psychological thriller.
Emily Fantis
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
An experience for the mind

A total new journey from SH! And an experience for the mind. Just when you think you know, you don’t! And when you think you are sure where it’s going it goes the other way. Beyond awesome and truly exciting the whole way through.
Jessica
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! I'm not ever really good at figuring out "who done it" so it definitely kept me going to the very last minute. Boy was I shocked! My only issue was I feel like there was more of a back story than what we got to read between them. It kind of went from 0-60 really quickly but even so I thought this book was very well written. The technical details were very interesting. I do hope that Scott writes more books like this! 4.5 Stars!
Lg
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This totally unique twisted thriller will take you inside the mind of a military trained special assassin. The difference between a psychopath and sociopath is significant.

What you think is going on is not at all what it is. This book will journey you through lies, betrayals and deep dark conspiracy theories. Buckle up for this brilliant, page turning ride!
Ann
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a different story for this author. It was not what I was expecting. It had pkenty of angst and plot twists. It was definitely suspenseful and intriguing. I loved the dimensional complexities of the characters, Vincent and Val. There were so many lies and deceptions, I didn't know who to believe. The author kept me guessing til the end.
Kimberly Greene
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many twists and turns.

This is another great book by Scott Hildreth. You're immersed into who the players are in this book. So many twists and turns in this book, you will definitely be entertained and maybe get a shock or 2 in the end.
Carol
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It never seems to amaze me that Scott Hildreth can do it again. But so differently. I could not put it down.
Congrats to you Scott . Showing your readers another side of you!
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
I loved everything about this book. From beginning to end it was amazing. It is filled with manipulation, suspense, sociopaths and psychopaths. The epilogue has my mind twisting and turning with so many different theories. If you like psychological thrillers this is a must read.
Krystal
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok

The good thing about this book was that it was fast paced so you won't be bored reading through it.

The bad thing about this book was EVERYTHING else. The plot was just so over the top unbelievable I found myself rereading pages to see if I missed something. Seriously, the book changes course in like two sentences. One minute they are having drinks as patient and shrink and then next thing you know BAM! everyone is trying to kill them. I was in a state of constant
« previous 1 3 next »

• Detecting Envy: an erotic detective novel (Sin) (Volume 2)
  • Deceptive (On the Run, #3)
  • The Book Waitress (The Book Waitress, #1)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne, #4)
  • Manhunt
  • Deadly Affair (Alec Halsey Mystery, #2)
  • Sin (Sin Duet #1)
  • Riverstorm (River Valley #5)
  • Hail Mary (Jim Knighthorse series, #3)
  • Reality Girl: Episode Two (Behind The Scenes, #2)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced and Desperate #3)
  • A Single Glance (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
  • Keep It Classy (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #7)
  • Against The Odds (Anna Dawson's Vegas, #1)
  • Evidence of Trust (Colorado Trust, #1)
  • Nondisclosure
  • Absolution (Ava Saunders #2)
Scott Hildreth in an international bestselling author. He has written more than fifty novels.

His preferred careers of being a hit man, serial killer, biker, military hero, mafia boss, boxer, vigilante, and tattoo artist will always be favorites, but as writing has become a full-time gig, he must live vicariously through the characters in his books who share his admiration for these pro