Start by marking “Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS” as Want to Read:
Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS

Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS

For the first time, an ex-SAS soldier tells all: what it means to be a member of an elite group, the challenges, the highs and the lows - and the sense of duty, honour and brotherhood that never dies.

In 1995, aged just 21, Keith Fennell was accepted into the Australian Special Air Service Regiment, the SAS. Over the next 11 years, operations took him from the jungles of
Published January 2nd 2008 by Bantam (first published January 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS

Start your review of Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS
A.B. Gayle
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read, but I was surprised to discover the sentence that moved me to tears didn’t chronicle deaths of comrades or depictions of men with spirits broken by fear but:
When the most remarkable and powerful friendships you will ever have in your life become severed by distance – both in geography and lifestyle – it feels like the death of a friend.
By this stage, the author had completely exposed himself on the page. I’d seen his dedication to task, the obsession to learn
Phil Twiss
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s a good read in a fairly engaging style but not a great read. The author has a tendency to literary flights of fancy in some of the oddest places that I found more distracting than anything. That said, the book is written with a real sensitivity to the human condition and from a very interesting perspective. Perhaps if it was written a few more years later the author’s maturing style would make it a great read.
Mitchell Cunningham
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Choice
Olwen
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed this as part of a two-book volume. (The other book is Warrior Training). If you pick up the two-book version, read Warrior Training first.

This book - Warrior Brothers - isn't just a blow-by-blow operational descriptor. The author deftly weaves in his personal feelings about what was occurring, and how he copes with the trauma of witnessing such events as he has. It's so well-written too.

The author often admits that he's obsessive about doing everything well, about being the
Tien
Firstly: not my kind of read which is why only 2 stars from me. I also find, whilst the places are different, it's same kinda stuff happening & being shared again (repetitive).

Some positive notes: a very upbeat paced book. When I read it, I can just imagine a typical Aussie bloke sharing his story at a barbie or at the pub with his mates. Very down to earth & humble writings which I suppose is a reflection of the kind of guy the author is. Amazing will & courage took him from a
Evan
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring read that challenges you to look at yourself and be humble. The respect I have for Keith is difficult to articulate in words. This book really resonated with me. Keith embodies what is means to be a Warrior Brother but maintains his integrity in the most difficult cirumstances and demonstrates true leadership which is often lacking in so many others that judge prematurely.
Bill
Aug 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
A great read about life in the Australian SAS. From recruitment to missions in East Timor, Afghanistan and more and life as a security contractor in Iraq and Banda Aceh after the tsunami before the call of family returns him to civilian life.
John Davies
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great little book about one man's experience in the Australian SASR. I would have liked to have read a little more about his experiences bodyguarding in East Timor, but overall an interesting insight into our premier regiment.
Debbie
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: military
Wow! This was a quick read, full of real-life action, based on the Australian SAS.
Nicua
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very insightful, exciting and inspiring book. I have great respect for Keith Fennell and have enjoyed both of his books. Looking forward to and hoping for another book from this author.
Andrew
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very good account of an SAS soldiers experiences.
Basil Fawlty
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bravo Two Zero
  • Spearhead Assault: Blood, Guts and Glory on the Falklands Frontlines
  • The Crossroad
  • The Gryphon Found: A London Homeless Murder Mystery. A new community worker and a reclusive blind war veteran with inexplicable abilities are thrown together and onto the radar of a serial killer.
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Trident K9 Warriors: My Tale from the Training Ground to the Battlefield with Elite Navy SEAL Canines
  • The Amazing SAS: The Inside Story of Australia's Special Forces
  • Exit Wounds - One Australian's War On Terror
  • The Wooden Horse
  • The Bane of the Black Sword (The Elric Saga, #5)
  • Blood and Stone (Stone Soldiers #3)
  • The Knight of the Swords (Corum, #1)
  • The King of the Swords (Corum, #3)
  • The Queen of the Swords (Corum, #2)
  • Soldiers Without Borders: Beyond the SAS
  • Stormbringer (The Elric Saga, #6)
  • The Escape (John Puller, #3)
  • Seven Pillars Of Health: The Natural Way To Better Health For Life