Start by marking “International Player” as Want to Read:
International Player

International Player

Being labelled a player never stopped me from being successful with women. Until I met Truly Harbury.

Truly was the first girl who ever turned me down.

The first female friend I ever had.

And she might just be the first woman I ever fall in love with.

Published April 30th 2019 (first published April 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about International Player, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about International Player

Start your review of International Player
Christy

International Player is my first Louise Bay book, and I enjoyed it a lot! A great friends to lovers/slow burn romance. I listened to the audio book and it was narrated by one of my favorites, Shane East, as well as Saskia Maarleveld. They both did a nice job, the accents were great.

Truly and Noah have been friends since her sister and his best friend got married. Over time, they became close, and even though they were both attracted to one another, it stayed mostly platonic. Noah went
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Truly was the first girl who ever turned me down.
The first female friend I ever had.
And she might just be the first woman I ever fall in love with.
When an emergency means she needs my help running her family’s charity, I’m happy to introduce her to the glitz and glamour of the London business world—taking her to dinners, coachin
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I'm thinking if I stick to this trope, I'll be just fine 😜

Friends to lovers, I just adore these books.

Another one you do not want to miss out on!!!!! Pick this one up this week!!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
What can I say? The "player falls for his female best friend" trope and a narrator with a hot British accent get me every time :)
Louise Bay
Mar 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
She sees herself as the book-reading, science-loving introvert while I’m the dangerous, outgoing, charmer.

She thinks I love parties and people whereas she prefers pajamas and a takeaway.

What she doesn’t realize is that I like everything about her–the way her smile lights up a room, how her curves light up my imagination, and especially the way her lips taste when coated with tequila.

International Player is an all new, standalone romance!

✓ Friends to Lovers Romance
✓ The player falls for the b
Stacey is Sassy
You take the good with the bad...

I find when I'm reading or listening to a story from Louise Bay that I'm going to hate the hero for a while. Look, I don't expect perfection from my heroes, but, I also struggle to see him be imperfect. I don't want to see him scoffing at happy relationships. I don't want to hear him talking about going back to his unemotional hook-ups like it's a foregone conclusion. I guess I'm just hard to please. In this case, it was simply that Noah took too long to realise
Elle Kennedy

Caz
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are lots of Star Wars references in this so, to quote Luke Skywalker - "What a piece of junk!"

4 stars for the narration but 1 for the story.

*sigh* International Player is another of those books that reminded me why I don’t read or listen to all that many contemporary romances.  The plot is pretty much a repeat of all the books by this and similar authors (you know the ones); predictable, clichéd and revolving around the fact that the leads NEVER HAVE A FUCKING CONVERSATION ABOUT THEIR RELA
Cyndi
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Although this is a lovely book, I had a few problems with the characters that held me back from loving it. I didn't like how he treated her anxiety like it was something she chose. I didn't like that he forgot she existed while he was in New York. I mean, they were friends. But he moves to the big city and doesn't give her a second thought? Cold.
Also, she often went overboard on the 'I'm not as beautiful as my twin' stuff. Her lack of even an iota of self confidence until he helped her was a bi
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Lifetime's challenge' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

A friends to lovers romance with one of Louise's yummy British heroes? Heck yes! I am always in the mood for a dose of Louise Bay's writing. When I want to read a light romance, with a whole lot of British and awesome characters, light drama and a couple with lots of chemistry, I just know this woman will not fail me. She surely did not disappoint with this one!

International Player is a standalone contempo
Penny Reid
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as to-read

Alaina
Meh.

International Player was one of those random audiobooks that I got from my audible account. It was like that blind date with a book and it would suggest you one to read. So I got this one and decided to take a chance on it. However, it was a bit boring and predictable.

This book definitely had it's pro's and con's. The characters were just meh. I hated how someone was forgotten because they went somewhere else? That doesn't really make sense to me but I guess that happens to some weird ass re
Rachel Dyken

Sentranced Jem
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
Louise Bay has never let me down with her books....and thankfully, International Player hasn't ruined the winning streak 🙌🏼

International Player was such an enjoyable read! I may have a tad weakness for a friends to lovers kind of romance and this book just quenched my thirst for that trope.

International Player Teaser Wk 2.jpg

Truly and Noah's story is made in slow burn- friends to lovers heaven!
I absolutely love reading about their romance.

Louise Bay never let's me down and International Player is another awesome read!
Karina Halle

Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
My audio listen for the week :)

This was a fun, slow burning, friends to lovers story.

Noah typically doesn't date women like Truly, in fact she is the complete opposite of the sort of girl he is attracted to. She is beautiful but I guess she is what some men would term 'wife material' - the person you settle down with and spend the rest of your life loving.

Noah has never experienced the desire to be with one person long term before. He is feeling very conflicted about Truly as the depth of what h
Sarina Bowen

Ilsa Madden-Mills

Meghan March

Pam Nelson
Hmm Truly wasn’t my favorite female character at all, she needed a man to show her, her worth. I just don’t buy that. She and her sister both have their strengths sure but I don’t know I just didn’t get it.
I understand her need to keep what she and Noah have in this box but it was almost too boxy. That probably doesn’t make sense but I don’t know I guess I wanted something more. The chemistry was there but the friendship for me wasn’t and with the way, this book was presented I missed that I gu
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***COMING NEXT WEEK - FULL REVIEW ***

4 CROWNS

I truly enjoyed Louise Bay’s International Player. I liked Noah and Truly. Everything from their relationship, to their conversations and their physical intimacy was great.

Noah is your typical playboy bachelor. Her doesn’t have an interest or a desire for love. He enjoys female companionship, and he is particularly drawn to the heroine’s intellect, which is and attractive attribute in a hero.

Truly is the shy twin, but when she is forced to move out
Meghan Quinn

She
thinks I love parties and people whereas she prefers pajamas and a takeaway.

What

International
Player is an all new, standalone romance from Louise Bay!

✓ Friends
to Lovers Romance
✓ The
player f
Sawyer Bennett

TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not my first read by Louse Bay! I very much enjoy her books!! This friends-to-lovers was the perfect amount of laughter, action, passion and pain! Can't have one without the other!

This was a little flip for me, where the heroine is stronger (i feel like) and the hero IS strong but it's more coming from him at first rather then the damsel being chased and caught. They went from knowing each other to best of friends to lovers. Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with the heroine being the str
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
I just really like the overall feel of this one. Great narration and a sexy fun storyline. Delicious English accent is always a plus. Friends to lovers is a favorite trope of mine and this is right up there with the best of them.

TwitterFacebookPinterestBookBabblersInstagram
Amy
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3-1/2 Spicy Romance Stars
Mia Book Addict
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Louise Bay and enjoyed all her books. If you are looking for light, sweet read with charming characters, her books are just for you.

Noah Jensen and Truly Harbury met on Abigail, Truly’s twin, and Rob’s, Noah’s best friend, wedding. As expected, Noah, who is known as an ultimate player, hit on Truly during the wedding. Truly being Truly, she turns down his advances. This led them to become best friends. After starting his own business, Noah went to New York and they lost touch. After coupl
Monique
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I took the opportunity of a long road trip to listen to this book along the way. It was a great choice in that is was easy to listen to and I wasn’t distracted from it, it kept me hypnotized especially with those accents.

You could say this was a friends to lovers romance and you could even say it was a friends with benefits story but it was so much more. It had some deeper elements that endured you to each character for different reasons. And when they came together and gave each other support
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Previous book 1 5 May 30, 2019 02:01PM

• Best Laid Plans (Lucky in Love, #1)
  • Junk Mail
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Inappropriate
  • All Grown Up
  • Like the Wind
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Imperfect Match
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #2)
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet Duet, #2)
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
USA Today bestselling author, Louise Bay writes sexy, contemporary romance novels - the kind she likes to read. Her next release will be Mr. Knightsbridge on July 7th.

Ruined by bonk-busters and sexy mini-series of the eighties Louise loves all things sexy and romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so she disappears into the fictional worlds in books and films.

Louise loves the rain, the We