Start by marking “Restless Rancher (Wild Rose Ranch #2)” as Want to Read:
Restless Rancher (Wild Rose Ranch #2)

Restless Rancher

(Wild Rose Ranch #2)

If you like bad-boy heroes, western settings, and a sexy, sassy heroine you will love Jennifer Ryan's newest Wild Rose Ranch book! Perfect for fans of Diana Palmer, Linda Lael Miller, and Jodi Thomas.

One minute down-on-his-luck rancher Austin Hubbard slept soundly, the next, a sassy spitfire dumped a pitcher of water on his head and woke him up—in more ways than one.
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published November 12th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Restless Rancher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Rancher

Start your review of Restless Rancher (Wild Rose Ranch #2)
☕️Kimberly
Coffee Dates with Restless Rancher

First Date– Austin Hubbard has spent every penny paying the back taxes on the land and home he inherited from his grandfather after his own father turned his back on him. Roxy has offered to a silent partnership and things are looking up, but a setback in the form of his ex-fiancé leaves him passed out drunk on the front porch. And that is just how Sonya Tucker, the Wild Rose sister Roxy hired to help with Austin’s ranch finds him. From their first interaction I
Lover of Romance
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Avon in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

*Contains Spoilers, Readers BeAware*

Restless Rancher is book two in our Wild Rose Ranch series by Jennifer Ryan. After loving book one, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second book and boy I should have read this sooner because this book was simply fantastic for sure. Now, this didn't have
Ann Lorz
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

This is a wonderful story of heartache, romance, love, and understanding. Your heart will break for Austin as he goes through most likely one of the roughest times in his life. If you've read the first book you know a little of Sonya's background so you'd think the story would be more about what she's going through. No, it's mostly Austin's pain.

It's one of the things I liked about Restless Rancher. Let Austin deal
Rochelle
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good. Loved Austin and Sonya.

Can't wait til book 3
Ellen Anderson
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Restless Rancher

Another great story from Jennifer Ryan. Austin and Sonya's story kept me thoroughly interested and flipping pages until the end.
Michele
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: con-rom, priority, 1119
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie

Jennifer Ryan’s Wild Rose Ranch series just got even hotter with the release of Restless Rancher. The touch of intrigue from the hero’s family secrets and the smoldering passion between our lovebirds had me so wrapped up that I couldn’t wait to see how it would all work out.

I’m having a blast with this series. It hovers on the edge of being controversial as each heroine (so far) grew up on the property of the Wild Rose Ranch, a brothel where their mothers
Helen Williams
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down-on-his-luck rancher Austin Hubbard was awakened quite memorably from a sound sleep after a night of drinking by Sonya Tucker. Sonya has been hired to help him rebuild his ranch and to put the tattered pieces of his life back together. Her capable and all-business style leaves an impression on him.

Sonya finds it hard to understand how a man who had it all -- money, family, respectability -- loses it all. But once she starts working with Austin she learns to appreciate what an honorable man
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Restless Rancher gives the story of Austin, who is having a terrible time lately. Sonya isn't about to let him wallow in self pity though!

Most of the story of Restless Rancher is focused on Austin's troubles. This creates some drama and mystery that keeps the story moving along briskly. Sonya is one of the most interesting heroines! She was raised on Wild Rose Ranch brothel by her mother. This has made her very strong and self assured. She is a hard working and doesn't take any BS. Sonya and
Bette Hansen
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

An intriguing storyline coupled with amazing characters made this a truly enjoyable read. Looking forward to more in this series. Recommended read.
Kathleen
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had never read a book by Jennifer Ryan before I won this goodreads giveaway and I didn't realize how much I was missing out on. The characters drew me in from the very beginning and made me fall in love with the Wild Rose Ranch women and their strong supportive men. It is a well written book, I'm going to go back and read the first book in the series and can't wait for the next one.
Crystal
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Ryan not only has a great way of telling a cowboy story but this lady rocks at Romantic Suspense too. Restless Rancher is a supreme example of Ms. Ryan's incredible talent. I absolutely loved the first book in the Wild Rose Ranch series and I was so excited to get this book in my hands so that I could devour it and devour it I did! I could not put down the Restless Rancher. The storyline is pivoting and so captivating. The characters are charismatic, easy to relate to and I remembered ...more
Nate Brightman
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Jennifer Ryan book in her Wild Roses series about the young women, daughters of prostitutes working at the Wild Roses legal brothel in Nevada. If like me you’re a Jennifer Ryan fan I don’t have to tell you it’s a terrific book. We have a strong heroine Sonya, a forensic accountant by trade and a pretty good hero in Austin, a down on his luck rancher. I say pretty good because for all his strengths it’s Sonya who is the smarter, more intuitive of the two who more or less leads ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Wild Rose Ranch girls are back
Overall 5 out of 5 stars
Performance 5 out of 5 stars
Story 4 out of 5 stars

There was some good that came from Wild Rose Ranch and two of them were in Montana. One for a short time, or so the assumption went. The other taken on new enterprises. Making friends and enemies. A Life. This time we get Sonya. Her life was not the simple road that you may have thought it was. It was not just straight forward choices of one. It was a multitude of life circumstance and an
Pj Ausdenmore
With each book she writes, Jennifer Ryan further solidifies her place on my list of favorite romantic suspense authors. Restless Rancher is another fast-paced story with snappy dialog, heart-tugging romance, well-placed humor, an intriguing mystery, and enough twists and turns to keep me guessing, and eagerly flipping pages, from beginning to end. I love a good redemption arc and Austin's evolution certainly fits that bill. I enjoyed the connection between him and Sonya, how their relationship ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After being betrayed by his father and his ex Austin Hubbard is at his lowest point. He is drowning his pain in alcohol and hosting himself a pity party for one. With his father dying to get his hands on Austin's ranch, the one little piece of his grandfather he has left, he knows he needs to something quick or he will lose that too.

Just when he has started to lose all hope a friend steps in to help save his ranch, and she sends her feisty sister to ensure all the house repairs and money side
Cara Ross
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
I'm so excited to be reading Restless Rancher by Jennifer Ryan because if there is one author that will take you out of a reading funk, it is Jennifer Ryan! For me, her books are magical and manage to transport me away from the dumpster fire I call my book slump.

Restless Rancher is about not only Austin, his grandfather's ranch and his vile father, but it's also about Sonya, her life escaping the ranch, saving her mother and being passed over for a promotion she should have received, and even
Karen
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good story by Jennifer Ryan, RESTLESS RANCHER will grab her old fans as well as newcomers to the series. I would recommend reading in order, which I didn't, so I am missing some of the timeline, but not enough to stop enjoying stories by this engaging writer. So I do plan on catching up with DIRTY LITTLE LIES in the near future.
Austin has been wallowing in pity, not that I blame him. He was really rocked when he was betrayed by his father and then his fiance. But that changes when Sonya
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
“You and me, we aren’t alone.” She put her hand to his face and looked him in the eye. “We will always have each other.”

Everything I adore about Jennifer Ryan’s writing is once again packed into a sexy, suspenseful romance. Restless Rancher was more or less a one-sitting read for me (save for the usual Saturday interruptions: kids, animals, husband, hunger), and I swooned and rooted for Austin and Sonya.

I always love the way Ms. Ryan builds the story and suspense around the romance, and this
Heather M Jones-Lancto
I love a good cowboy story.

Restless Rancher is the story of Roxy's sister, Sonya, and Noah's best friend, Austin. Austin is down on his luck. He has inherited his grandfathers house and land but has been disinherited by his father. With no money to his name how will he repair the house and purchase animals to make his ranch work? Roxy steps in and offers a partnership using the money from Wild Rose Ranch.

To protect her interest in the ranch Roxy has hired her sister Sonya to act as book keeper.
Deb Diem
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Restless Rancher by Jennifer Ryan is a spectacular western romance. Ms. Ryan has given readers a well-written book populated with an outstanding cast of characters. Kudos to Ms. Ryan on the characters in this book, they made this story awesome. Austin has been let down by his father and fiance. Sonya arrives on the scene to give him a hand getting his grandfather's house livable again, sent to him by his new partner, Roxy. Sonya and Austin's story is packed with drama, humor, smokin' hot sex, ...more
Marsha
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amy Schoppman
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 & 1/2 stars!
Let me preface this review by stating that the cowboy romance is generally not my first pick of reads (altho I've read a few goodies.... Jay Crownover's Getaway series being my fave to date). I won this book in a goodreads giveaway that I entered after hearing good things about the author & thinking the blurb sounded promising.
I was so beyond pleasantly surprised by this book!! I think I have a girl crush on Sonya! She's so incredibly strong & ready to stand up and
Elizabeth Cole
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original review can be found at: http://www.nerdprobs.com/books/book-r...

**A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

I recently got a request email filled with yummy romances. It was so hard to choose but I narrowed it down to two. This one and one more that I will be doing at a later date. While I have never read anything by this author I did know her name as a popular romance author. I figured what better way to read some of her work. I
Dawn Baffa
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms Jennifer Ryan did it again

I thourghly am enjoying this wild rose series. While these women have issues trusting and men...they sure know love one another and kick butt. Sonya is a strong woman, no non sense, and wonderfully organized. I love the title forensic accountant and that is exactly what she is.
Christina
This is the second book of the wild rose ranch series. This book was a great of heartache and great romance. I feel the characters where very developed and I really wanted to find out what was going to happen to the characters. This book had some twisted and turns that kept you wanting to keep reading. I won an arc of this book for a goodreads giveaway, but this review is 100% my opinion.
PLP
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by this author

I liked the first book in this series so much, I preordered this one.

It was very good. However, one of the themes running through this book was so sad and heart wrenching, I almost couldn’t read the book.

But justice was served so I took satisfaction from that.

I plan to preorder the next book as well.
Carmen Townsend
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series !

The characters of this series make you think . Don't automatically jump to conclusions . I love these ladies and I am eager to get to know Adria next . Austin's story was great because of the father and ex . Very good story . I have already preordered the next book in this series !
Jody Lockwood
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

What a fantastic second book in the Wild Rose Ranch series! The story worked through issues for both Austin & Sonya and also had a HEA for another family member. Can’t wait for Juliana’s story.
Ruth Becht
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it from the first page-- first meeting. Jennifer Ryan grabs you by the hand and pulls you into the story. Two lost souls who together will not only love but conquer the obstacles in their way. you will love this book.... and the series as well.
charmaine White
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

A really good read.This story grabs hold of you from the very beginning and doesn't have you go until the very end.I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

• Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • One Hot Holiday
  • SEAL JUSTICE (Brotherhood Protectors Book 13)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)
  • All Fired Up
  • It's a Christmas Thing
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • Baby Business (Texas Rascals #11)
  • Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)
  • Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations #4)
  • One Wish: A Christmas Story
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • A Very Dare Christmas (Dare to Love, #6.5)
  • Snowfall on Cedar Trail (Sweetwater Springs #3)
  • Born to Be a Cowboy (Montana Strong, #3)
Jennifer Ryan, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Hunted and McBrides Series, writes romantic suspense and contemporary small-town romances.

Jennifer lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children. When she isn’t writing a book, she’s reading one. Her obsession with both is often revealed in the state of her home, and how late dinner is to the table.

Wild Rose Ranch (3 books)
  • Dirty Little Secret (Wild Rose Ranch #1)
  • Tough Talking Cowboy (Wild Rose Ranch #3)