Start by marking “Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)

Wicked Wildlife

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #8)

Fall gives way to winter in the Colorado mountains, ushering in snow, pumpkin spice, the bugling of elk, and murder…

Estes Park bustles with tourists and locals for its Halloween celebration, and Winifred Page and her corgi sidekick, Watson, are enjoying their favorite pastries as they greet trick-or-treaters outside the Cozy Corgi Bookstore and Bakery. But a chilling
Published October 11th 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Wildlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Wildlife

Start your review of Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)
Nat ReadingAllNite
4.5 Stars

Talk about unexpected twists and turns! Fred is hit with several shocking surprises in this newest addition to the Cozy Corgi series. None of the charm of the town of Estes Park has changed, with Fred and her close friends plus family, all present and accounted for. This time the murder has Leo asking for Fred’s sleuthing skills to clear his fellow Ranger of the murder of a poacher. In her search for information, we get to know a bit more about a few characters recently introduced in th
Anna's Herding Cats
Whoa! WHOA! Wicked Wildlife left my jaw hanging because whoa. Game changer.

The Gist: There's been a break in at the bookstore and somehow it's connected to the poachers who've been plaguing the state park. After one of them shows up dead and a park ranger accused Fred decides to take a closer look and gets way more than she bargained for.

Fred continues to be a great heroine. She's abrupt and can be a bit awkward socially sometimes but she's smart and caring and curious. I've enjoyed her and
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I’ve read all of the previous books in this series and couldn’t wait to dive back in. I was curious to see what kind of mayhem Fred and Watson would step in. It didn’t take long for Fred to land in the middle of another murder investigation. She can’t refuse when her best friend, Park Ranger Leo Lopez, asks for her help in proving a fellow ranger’s innocence. She’s not prepared for what she learns. Who could be?

Mildred always manages to paint a pretty picture when describing Estes Park. I can
Nola Arganbright
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Dog lovers unite

This book of the series tugged at my heart strings and I did have to wipe a few tears. There was a lot of action and suspense and broken hearts were numerous.
Krystyna
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific - didn't see this coming!

What a terrific plot - left me completely gobsmacked! Wow! Never in a million years would I have guessed this.
Poaching was happening with more regularity and when Leo and Watson chase after some poachers, she begins to understand how vulnerable they are. Later after closing the shop, she settles down to catch her breath only to hear two men (who have been hiding in the store) come out and brag about the poaching whilst they robbed her till. When one turns up
John Amory
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm... that felt like a Buffy season finale.
Cheryl Landmark
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I did not see that twist coming!

Review to come soon.
Molli B.
Fun!! I'm staring to think Brandon Witt is just as versatile as TJ Klune, even if they show it in different ways.

Watson is ADORBS, Fred is living my best life*, the townspeople are about a 7 on the annoying scale (1-10), the mystery was interesting enough, there's an overarching storyline that seems like a good one, and I wasn't too lost despite jumping into the series on book 8! So. :)

Definitely your relatively standard cozy, but aren't they all kind of standard? That's sort of the point, I
Dennis
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wicked wildlife

The series is such a fun read and the mysteries are opening up more secrets in the little town of Estes Park. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
Susanne Pitt
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mysteries

I love the story line, but most of all I loved the detailed description s of the scenery and the characters in the story.
Erica Chaillot
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book of the series so far. This book provided a lot of answers to the questions that have been swirling throughout the series. It also did s nice job though of providing intrigue for it to continue. I love this series and her characters so much. I hope Mildred continues writing it for many years to come!!
Kendra Prince
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are two things that really appeal to me -- cozy mysteries and corgis. Mildred Abbott's Cozy Corgi Mysteries offers up both! Winifed Page, "Fred" to her friends, and her grumpy, treat-obsessed corgi, Watson make a perfect team. Set in Estes Park, CO, "Wicked Wildlife" involves the murder of a poacher, who, along with his brother, breaks into Fred's bookstore. When a park ranger who works with Fred's friend, Leo, is accused, Leo asks amateur sleuth Fred to investigate. The author has created ...more
gary c lehn
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series..........

I'm a Hugh fan of Wassons, I'm also a fan of the characters who make up the Cozy Corgi Mysteries group. The author does a wonderful job of keeping me in the dark till the end, something I enjoy. Thank You......
kathleen m novotny
Love these books

They are fun reads. .Mystery and suspense a touch of humor without all that are sex as so many writer's feel is the only way to sell their book. Enjoy
Sharon
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surpise

Already luv luv luv this series. Strong characters, interesting story line. This one had an ending I just did not see coming, you'll have to read it for yourself, more fun that way
Donna Martin
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fred and Watson are at it again

I believe this is the best book yet. There are some unexpected surprises along with all the characters we love. And of course, Katie's baking makes me hungry. Love the recipe at the end.
Sara
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Where to begin on this book? I loved it. It’s amazing how all the pieces from the previous book finally came together in way I didn’t expect at all. I’ve loved this series from the beginning but this is easily the best book in all of them. I can’t wait to see where the story goes.
Maryanne M. Pester
As a born bookworm, I am always looking for new authors (new to me, anyway) and new books to enjoy, especially in the cozy mystery genre, I confess to being addicted to the genre, and now to the Cozy Corgi Mysteries. Each one is a delightful read and this one did not disappoint.

Quite a few loose ends were tied up for me in Wicked Wildlife, suspicions that I hoped would be proven false were, sadly, verified. However, as with anything in life, as one door closes. another opens to fresh, new
Nina Derr
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love every book in this series but Wicked Wildlife is by far my favorite. A lot is going on and the end results are very surprising. You learn all new things about some characters and it just makes the book better and better.
Victoria Smiser
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I confess, I have become addicted to the Cozy Corgi Mysteries. Each one is a step into a charming town with uniquely engaging residents.
Thrilled to read the newest as autumn arrives in Estes Park with the golden leaves falling, the Elk’s Bugling cries, and Fred’s two closest friends Katie and Leo and of course her sidekick Watson, enjoying a final picnic as the smell of snow hovers. Halloween is celebrated by locals and tourists enjoying seasonal treats from the store owners who have placed
Sherrel
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked Wildlife

What a stunner!! This episode starts on Halloween. After a busy downtown trick-or-treat, Fred decides to stay late, reading in her favorite place in the store. She falls asleep only to be awakened by burglars who had hidden in her basement and were now robbing her because they couldn't find a hidden stash of pot from the previous tenant of the store. Things go from bad to worse from that moment forward. One of the burglars shows up dead the next morning and the new park ranger is
Kimberly Underwood
Another fabulous mystery featuring great characters!

I’ve read all the other books in this series and with each book, my affection for the characters in the book grow! These whodunnits are fun, scary, heartfelt and have you staying up way too late to finish.
Having my own grumpy corgi makes it even more fun. Maybe Watson needs a grumpy girl corgi companion....just a thought! I’d recommend all the Cozy Corgi books. This one will really have you turning the page to see what happens next! Waiting
Judy Russell
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than good!!

I enjoyed the first story, but this one kept me reading into the night!! The characters were amazing- wasn't sure about the lead man for a while there! Thankfully it all worked out! I will keep reading her stories!
Grammy 1
Genre: Mystery
Rated: Mature
Pages: 217
Release date: October 13, 2018

Each book that I read in Midred Abbott’s series seems to say ‘this is one of the best of the series’! So I will not do that any longer. I will though preface this review by saying “This #8 is the Best of the series. !!

From the onset of this series Ms. Abbott has introduced a picturesqeue northwest town Estes Park, having
Linda Wilfert
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You could have knocked me over with a feather.

This was maybe the most exciting of the Cozy Corgi books. Relationships defined, betrayal, murder. I enjoyed it but it left me feeling sad.
Lynn W Stubenrauch
I think Book 8 was the best one yet!

Oh my gosh this one was really exciting! With a great Didn't See That Coming moment! Actually there were several Didn't See That Coming moments. Really fun book. Can't wait for the next installment!
Margaret Connelly
Best series

I didn't see it coming. All of the twists and turns had me guessing until the reveal at the end. I will read every book in this series, heck, every book by this author that I can find.
Marion E. Little
Surprise!!!

Well, it hard to write a review when any thing you can say will be a major spoiler. I can say that this book haunted me days after I read it. You lose a major character, and one that I had grown to care about, however it was handled quite beautifully.

Sometimes we learn that we can be tricked into believing, trusting, and possibly loving those who really don't deserve anyone's trust. It I s a lesson that is hard to encounter and even harder to recover from. Kudos Ms. Abbott.
Kay D. Deely
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Total surprise

I have read all the previous Cozy Corgi Mysteries and was completely blindsided by the ending of Wicked Wildlife. I can hardly wait for the next one!
nancy walat
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked Wildlife

Love this series! Couldn't put this book downl. Did not even come close to figuring out the ending. Can't wait for the next one.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Murder at the Pet Boutique (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #2)
  • A Merry Murder at St. Bernard Cabins (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #3)
  • A Fortunate Encounter (A Claire Rollins Mystery #6)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • The Case of the Unfettered Utonagan (The Thousand Islands Doggy Inn Mysteries Book 22)
  • Wedding Cake and Woes (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #15)
  • Boxes in the Basement (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #1)
  • The Thanksgiving Trip (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery, #5)
  • Murder at Pooch Park (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Case of the Tenacious Tibetan (The Thousand Islands Doggy Inn Mysteries Book 21)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Champagne and Catastrophes (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #14)
  • Murder at Corgi Country Club (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • A Stab in the Dark (Whodunit Antiques, #2)
  • The Bitter With The Sweet (A Sweet Cove Mystery Book 15)
  • Calico Confusion (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #1)
  • Murder at the Dog Training Academy (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • The Catsgiving Feast (Whales and Tails Cozy Mystery, #17)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)
  • Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)