Start by marking “The Revolutionary Phenotype: The amazing story of how life begins and how it ends” as Want to Read:

The Revolutionary Phenotype is a science book that brings us four billion years into the past, when the first living molecules showed up on Planet Earth. Unlike what was previously thought, we learn that DNA-based life did not emerge from random events in a primordial soup. Indeed, the first molecules of DNA were fabricated by a previous life form. By describing the fascin ...more
Published December 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Revolutionary Phenotype, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revolutionary Phenotype

Start your review of The Revolutionary Phenotype: The amazing story of how life begins and how it ends
Eric Dykstra
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, easy-to-follow introduction to the theory of Revolutionary Phenotypes for the origin of DNA based life on Earth. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the latest theories of Biology, the consequences of genetic modification in humans, or the long term viability of humanity.

I have a video review of the book which you can watch (or listen to) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcrnG...
Ryan
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is really about one idea, a pretty solid extension of the Selfish Gene from Dawkins. It's a little intentionally overcomplicated in presentation (including coining a bunch of gratuitous new words, largely starting with Q), but the core idea is good. Essentially, it is an argument that different systems of information recording/transmission, if they are placed in the path of replication, can end up taking over. Proteins produced by RNA, RNA produced by DNA were the existing examples, an ...more
Claus Brinker
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
JF provides an interesting theory of how DNA became the dominant machine for life reproduction on earth. He extrapolates from this theory to predict possibilities for humanity and the eventual phasing out of DNA in place of some new mechanism for reproduction.
William Floyd
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chillin' thoughts presented in a elegant way.
Gary Erickson
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci-Fi is back, with real science.
Michael Moore
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very pertinent and accessible book. Despite the deplorable character of the writer, this book is well researched and states some very necessary arguments for us to consider as we enter an era of human genomic modification. While not perfect, this book is tolerable to both semi-academic and well read individuals. He does boast of his expertise a bit, which can be a bit discrediting in it’s conceit. I could go on but it’s a short, worthwhile read.
Ella Grunt
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This groundbreaking work is visionary, genius, and troubling. Almost a genetic "theory of everything" that gives us great insight into memes, genes and evolution. This should be required reading in both the sciences, and humanities, for its highly accurrate technical insight, and the implications for us humans. Which may be dire!
William
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic through and through. The science is explained clearly, and once you read the last chapter, everything falls into place and you are warned of the dangers of DNA modification in a shockingly simple way that adheres to every law of evolution.
AdmiraloftheHobbyHorseMarines
The book itself is revolutionary. It is the most important book on Evolutionary Biology from the 21st century, so far, perhaps the last one if the story at the end comes true.
Zach
Jan 13, 2020
henry
Mar 06, 2019
Akula Rahul
Feb 17, 2019
Ryan
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2019

• The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit: And Its Impact on World History
  • Hitler's Second Book: The Unpublished Sequel to Mein Kampf
  • Algorithms to Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions
  • The Tragedy of Liberation: A History of the Chinese Revolution 1945-1957
  • What Has Government Done to Our Money? and The Case for the 100 Percent Gold Dollar
  • Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again
  • Dagon
  • This is It & Other Essays on Zen & Spiritual Experience
  • Nature, Man and Woman
  • The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
I am a biologist and author born in Sainte-Sophie, Canada in 1984. I was fascinated with living things since I was a child. Back in the days, I spent my time observing insects, animals and plants during the summer in the woods that were surrounding my home.

I received a B. Sc. in Biological Sciences at the Université de Montréal in 2006. I then started a research career and obtained a Ph. D. in Neu