Start by marking “The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)

The Tyrant's Tomb

(The Trials of Apollo #4)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  11,292 ratings  ·  1,385 reviews
In his penultimate adventure, a devastated but determined Apollo travels to Camp Jupiter, where he must learn what it is to be a hero, or die trying.

It's not easy being Apollo, especially when you've been turned into a human and banished from Olympus. On his path to restoring five ancient oracles and reclaiming his godly powers, Apollo (aka Lester Papadopoulos) has faced
Published September 24th 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Tyrant's Tomb, please sign up.
Michael
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Heather Personally I disagree; Piper's character would do better to grow away from Jason; maybe his death will be more an inspirational act for her to be a…morePersonally I disagree; Piper's character would do better to grow away from Jason; maybe his death will be more an inspirational act for her to be a hero.(less)

·  11,292 ratings  ·  1,385 reviews

Start your review of The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
Maya
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
I’m overwhelmed and still processing. We’ll talk more about it later.
P
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Reading this book felt more like a duty rather than a hobby for me. I still remember how much I loved the previous book, The Burning Maze, which made me scream in shock after I finished. Yet The Tyrant's Tomb didn't give me any of those feelings, it failed.

Lester, aka Apollo, embraced a new journey in this book to Camp Jupiter. He and Meg met Lavinia while fighting off some hideous creatures. This should have been interesting with Rick Riordan's writing style that astounded me whenever I read
Sam
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, read-in-2019
4.5/5

HOLY CRAP THIS WAS INTENSE. I can’t even imagine how wild the finale to this series is going to be!

This book made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me FEEL. The only reason it isn’t five stars is that it didn’t feel as layered as the Burning Maze was. And I would have loved for some more side character development. But oh well, it was awesome either way, and I cannot wait for the last one!
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.75 Golden Stars

As I said, I knew it was a 5-star of 2019. (5th best)
My most anticipated release of 2019, lived up pretty well to my expectation.
The first book I could start in its book birthday! (finished in 2 days! which was quite a record!)
(I rated it when the count was number under 1000!)
Updated 10 Dec of 2019: first book reading before Goodreads choice award, sooooo, you know what to do!
Congratulation for winning the best middle grade Goodreads choice award!
totally deserved it!
I'm so
Taylor
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much, I could cry. Too bad I’m already dehydrated from all the tears!!

RTC!
JL Lucaban
Ha-Ha-Ha 2019... Ha-ha-ha... *slow clap *5 mins later* *drinks too much sleeping pills to induce forced hibernation while listening to 'Wake me up when September ends'* Just gonna wait it out... Ha-ha-ha...
Mirta (secretlifeofapotterheadgirl)
I WANT NICO DI ANGELO IN THIS BOOK.
I WANT ALSO PERCY AND ANNABETH BECAUSE I NEED THEM!
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

FALL.

FALL OF FREAKING 2019.

how will I live that long
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Lisa Kuipers
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before reading:
Maybe we could get some cute parent-child interaction between Apollo and his kids

After reading:
WHACK!
Jerecho
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always fascinated with war games. And in reading this one, the hunger was satisfied.

I'm in a reading hiatus. For the past two months, all I read is comics and reread some short stories. This is the point that I reach my reading plateau, or should I say I am asking myself the question why I am reading?

When I read the Burning Maze last April 2018, I am dissatisfied with what I read in the book. I felt it is just moving a phase then return back to where it began. The only thing new on that
Alexandra Elend Wolf

“Her misery was like the cold gravity of a mountain. You could stand next to that mountain and close your eyes, and even if you couldn’t see it or hear it, you knew it was there – unspeakably heavy and powerful, a geological force so ancient it made even immortal gods feel like gnats.”

Starting The Tyrant's Tomb I had so many expectations. How not after the ending of The Burning Maze? And I had very clear the feelings I wanted to feel while reading this one.

As the fourth
Circe
I'm still speechless so I'm just gonna say that please Rick make sure Apollo remembers, he needs to.

I want to read so bad this but at the same time I'm so scared I don't wanna touch it.
Sage Elizabeth
i’m very frankful for this book
____________________________________
4.) The House of Hades
5.) The Blood of
Sara
3.5 stars rounded up.

In the fourth instalment in the Trials of Apollo, we find Meg and Apollo at Camp Jupiter, surrounded by some familiar faces, as they bring a fallen hero to their final resting place. It’s a somber mood, one that’s quickly interrupted by the appearance of zombies that have a message for Apollo from another old enemy. And with Commodus and Caligula hot on their heels, things soon build up to an epic showdown for control of New Rome. A showdown that’s sure to have more
Freshavocados
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RICK WE NEED TO SEE JASON IN THE UNDERWORLD (or something)
PLEASE BECAUSE THAT LAST BOOK
That last book...
*Sobs uncontrollably*
Do your magic Rick. :)
rhea.
Oct 05, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-is-my-year
(view spoiler)MOM I"M SORRY I NEED MORE MONEY!
Emm (Booksprite)
Jul 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr, owned
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT UNTIL FALL 2019 AS OPPOSED TO SPRING 2019??? HOW UNCLE RICK, /HOW/
˗ˋˏ all my crooked spines ˎˊ˗
honestly this went on my shelf for literally my favourite books literally ever BUT honestly rick could write a book that's logically one star and i'd still be obligated to give it five stars for my childhood self. this man could literally write a book about apollo and meg arguing and i'd vote for it as the best book of the year in the goodreads awards. oops

SO HAPPY THE BURNING MAZE GOT THE AWARD IT DESERVED @ THE GOODREADS AWARDS !! well done

ALSO FALL 2019?? YOU EXPECT ME TO CONTINUE LIKE A
Anoushka C
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-best
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Oh, wow! I saw this beautiful quote from here and insta fell in love with it. Hard.

Now feel I need to read (and maybe memorize) the whole of Rick Riordan's writings. Must read everything.

Q:
How did one commemorate the death of a god of silence? A moment of silence seemed superfluous. Perhaps a moment of screaming? (c)
William
Oct 27, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hype
Me after reading the Burning Maze:

welp, back to crying until 2019.
 ➹ƓℛἎℂℰ⚡(on hiatus)
4.5 stars!!

So I couldn't wait for my physical copy and just finished reading the ebook and I also ended up highlighting a lots of lines in the book. I was so excited for this to come out and Uncle Rick didn't let me down!

"I should also tell her I didn't hate her. In fact, I liked her pretty well. All right, I loved her. She was the bratty little sister I'd never have had."

The amazing relationship between Apollo and Meg made me crave for an older brother that I'll never have. The book also
K1_NerdOfAllThings🖤
*Heavy breathing* *curls up into fetal position* * slowly rocks back and forth*
“Fall 2019, it’s ok, hehe neeks will bring him back to me. yeess, yeesss, my neeks will bring him back to us all.”
Rachel Elizabeth Dare
WHAT DO YOU MEAN FALL 2019, YOU CAN'T JUST DROP AN ENDING LIKE THAT IN THE BURNING MAZE AND SAY THE NEXT COMES OUT IN FALL 2019 GODAMMIT RICK
Hermione
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
roseinkedpages
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, now what??

I gave this book 5 stars because I couldn’t even imagine giving it anything else. Is 1 star thrown in their purely for sentimental reasons? Probably. But overall, this book read better than its predecessors and still combined laughter with seriousness. It made you laugh and cry and that’s what all good books do! I loved seeing old characters come back and grow and mourn in ways we hadn’t seen before. I loved Apollo learning from his mistakes and learning to accept he’s human (for
PJO#1
OMG I hope Reyna and Apollo get together. And I can't wait to see more of Tyson and Ella and Hazel and Frank are coming back so WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Why do I have to wait till Fall of 2019. Uncle Rick Y U DO DIS 2 Me!!!!
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Minor spoilers below! Major spoilers for The Burning Maze!

I started bawling on the second page. No book has ever made me cry so fast, and I’ve read a lot of heartbreaking books. Those first hundred pages kept making me cry as I read. Their journey, his coffin, and finally bringing him back to camp. It was all too much. I don’t think I’m ever going to recover from his death. Every time his name was mentioned tears came to my eyes. Sometimes it would be enough for those tears to fall. Hazel and
Blackandred04
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How are we supposed to wait? After the Burning Maze? Then the release date get's pushed back? We can't wait that long, who do they think we are? Hachi? (I'm sorry)

• The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Return of the Temujai (Brotherband Chronicles, #8)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • The Fowl Twins (The Fowl Twins, #1)
  • Dragon Pearl
  • Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #1)
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)

The Trials of Apollo (5 books)
  • The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
  • The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
“How do you tell a dream from a nightmare? If it involves a book burning , it's probably a nightmare.” 16 likes
“Hazel studied Reyna’s outfit with concern. “Your sword’s in the truck. Don’t you want to take a shield or something?”
“Nah. I’ve got my cloak. It’ll turn aside most weapons.” Reyna brushed the collar of her sweater wrap. Instantly it unfurled into her usual purple cape.
Frank’s smile faded. “Does my cloak do that?”
“See you, guys!” Reyna climbed behind the wheel.
“Wait, does my cloak deflect weapons?” Frank called after us. “Does mine turn into a sweater wrap?”
As we pulled away, I could see Frank Zhang in the rearview mirror, intently studying the stitching of his cape.”
11 likes