Start by marking “A History of Trouble (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A History of Trouble (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3.5)

A History of Trouble

(The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #3.5)

A HISTORY OF TROUBLE
A Beacon Hill Sorcerer Collection

A collection of brand-new short stories, featuring characters from The Beacon Hill Sorcerer Series by bestselling author SJ Himes.

Red Wine and Blood
The Blood Wars raged for centuries across Boston. Witness a brief glimpse into the brutal history of the Wars with Ignacio Salvatore and the vampire he loves, Ashwin Metcalf
Published February 25th 2019 by SJ Himes

To ask other readers questions about A History of Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A History of Trouble

Start your review of A History of Trouble (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3.5)
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Interim Stars!!

I’m an unabashed fan of this series so of course, this small morsel of various vignettes barely whet my appetite.

Here, one gets a look at Angel’s ancestor Ignacio, who just so happens to be mated with vampire Ashwin, a pairing that surely deserves their own series about their adventures against the Macavoy and Melbourne clans, right? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Toss in a “small” situation as Simeon and Angel handle a resurrected woolly mammoth wreaking havoc as it escape
Deborah
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Firstly I have to say this is a book for the fans. It’s the book we asked for. If you haven’t read the Beacon Hill Sorcerer Series this won’t mean a lot to you.

I’m obviously a huge fan and I make no excuses for my biased review.

Red Wine and Blood.

This is just a snippet featuring Ignacio Salvatore and his vampire lover Ashwin Metcalfe. This takes place in the year of the Blood Wars 103 on 1897 AD.
I’m really hoping we get more of these in the future.

A History of Trouble.

This one features Angel
Meags
4 Stars

A History of Trouble is a most excellent collection of series related shorts that purely entertains and adds more memorable moments to this already wonderful urban fantasy series.

Many of the wonderful cast of characters are back, along with a few new but intriguing faces, but it’s the short told through the perspective of wee beastie, Eroch, Angel’s baby dragon familiar, that really steals the show here.

At this point, I’d read anything and everything Himes conjures up in this series. I
S.J. Himes
Dec 04, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Will be released BEFORE BHS#4.

Happy reading! Available on Amazon via ASIN B07P541GLQ. I just uploaded it so give it a few hours before searching on Amazon.
Bev
I really do love this author, so to get this surprise treat was totally awesome. I'll take any chance to catch up with Angel and his boys .... any chance.

This is a compilation of snippets about characters we already love and know and I inhaled every single word. That an author can put so much into these snippets speaks of her absolute genius!

Loved it and now I'm desperate for more. I'm greedy like that!
Barbara➰
Loved it! This was just some snippets of the day in the lives of the guys and one in the past, but it was perfect. I can't wait for Daniel and Rory. And of course, I love Angel and how he protects his family. But I really enjoyed the one from Eroch's POV. Love that little dragon! It makes me want to go back and reread the other books.
~Volha~
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome short anthology with many funny and cute tidbits about BHS world and its inhabitants. From ancient Salvatore love story to Eroch's inner thoughts, this was a true gem. I loved every snippet! Eroch's POV was hilarious and offered insight into how he views the world around him and the affection he has for Angel. Daniel's sweet feelings for Ruairi made me want to hug the stuffing out of him! I need that story!!! Well, the mammoth is self-explanatory! A tiny adventure with coloss ...more
Sheri
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a treat!
An assortment of short stories that fill in any little teeny gaps between the full-length stories.
I didn't even realize gaps were present but I'm certainly not complaining!!
First: Gives us a lovely prequel surprise and it made my heart dance. *heart eyes*
Second: Eek, we get some extra insight into the mammoth zombie. *freaky face*
Third: Takes us on a lovely jaunt with Eroch. *charming pets are charming*
And lastly: Fae's Gold was by far my favorite and has me drooling for
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Just a few shorts...

This wasn't much just a few shorts that didn't do much but give us some extra time with some of our favorite characters.
The first was of an ancestor of Angel's. His name Ignacio who happened to be mated with a vampire in his time.
The second was about the 6 college kids who awoken a mammoth. They all ended up dead and Angel had to come save the day and put the mammoth down before it killed more. Parts of this story are mentioned in the third book. This just expands on it. Plu
BWT (Belen)
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction
Love this series ❤️

I love this series, so getting these extra little vignettes is the cherry on top of an already delicious sundae.
Rachel Emily
Read this a bit out of order since they all take place at least before book 4, but now I’m so excited for Daniel and Rory’s story I can’t hardly wait for it!

What a great collection of stories set in the BH verse. I loved the one with Eroch’s POV, ahhh the best wee beastie.

Loved this!
haletostilinski
Great collection of short stories from this wonderful universe SJ Himes has created. The first short is about Angel's ancestors and quick look at their relationship - one is a mage like Angel but with dealing with the air, wind and such and the other is a vampire - pretty close to Angel and Simeon. It's a nice look into that time in the Salvatore history.

The second involves Angel having to stop a zombified Wooly Mammoth and of course it can't ever be easy so there's a bit of excitement surroundi
Lori
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was definitely left wanting with the first story but I hope it will be addressed later.

I enjoyed all of the stories really, but I really loved Eroch's POV.

Such a good series with amazing world building. The writing is pretty great too. The author has a way of describing everything that it is kind of lyrical but it doesn't go overboard.
~nikki the recovering book addict
Adorable!

Adorable, adorable stories. I initially gave up this series after the second book but this little nugget of a novella (?) has reignited my interest for this series! 🤩
So yes, I’m gearing to read book 3 😇
Finnegan
A Wonderful addition to the Beacon Hills Sorcerer series. I like all the characters in the books, and I am very upset that I don't have a cute tiny Dragon. Eroch is one of my favourite characters ever, and it was a bonus to have one of the stories from his POV. BHS is one of the best fantasy series out there, and the fact that it is a MM book is just a bonus.
I~❤️~Books
✮4.5 Stars✮ 💗
I can't wait for the next book! I love this series!
BWT (Belen)
Want another story from Eroch's (aka Wee Beastie) POV? How about an extra story from Daniel's POV that highlights the UST between him and Rory? Want an extra story from Angel's POV where he uses his necromancy? Want to listen to it all with Joel Leslie's amazing voice in your ears?

I loved listening to this collection of vignettes and short stories from The Beacon Hill Sorcerer series universe. I love these characters, and especially Leslie's performance of them, and it was really nice to get to
Rosa
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, books
Some cute stories about our friends of Beacon Hill. My favourites, the one about Eroch, he is just so cute, and the one about Daniel and Ruairí. I'm looking forward to read about them.
Santy
I got this because of Ignacio & Ashwin . I enjoyed their tale but ultimately I was unsatisfied... I hope we get to see more of them in subsequent books... ...more
JR
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable insights

This was a loving, lovely ode to the characters in this series. It's a must if you enjoy these books.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Lovely

This is a leveling collection of little bits that took place between the books in the series.

I especially enjoyed seeing more of events mentioned in the books.
Donna
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Eroch got his own story... enough said! *grin*

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Cant wait OMG!
Kristine
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very, very short collection of very short novellas in the world of the Salvatore brothers. There were 4 stories and I liked them all. My favorite was, of course, the one about Eroch. What can I say? Baby dragons are adorable:)

Listened to this on Audible and enjoyed Joel Leslie (the narrator for the entire series). There isn’t anything that is earth shattering if you miss it, just another peek into their world as we wait for book 5 (Daniel's Book) to come out. Actually, there is a small bit of
Mak
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A delightful read. I LOVED seeing things from Eroch's perspective and LOVED getting another glimpse of the budding relationship between Daniel and Rory (I do hope they get their own book!!). I could have used more details on the story of Ashwin and Angel's ancestor Ignacio... what happened to them? Did we ever learn that in the other books? I don't recall, but will have to do a search. In any case, this is a must read for the fans of the series, and if you have not read the series, I highly reco ...more
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
A great couple of short stories with all your favorite characters from this series and one historical of Angel and Simeon's ancestors. I really loved each story in this book but especially the one from Eroch's POV (he's just so darn cute). There is a story with Daniel and Rory and the beginning of what we all know will be a relationship between the two of them as well. Love the characters and the series and I can't wait for Book 4!

Ivy
This book was a very good snack before BHS#4 I loved every short story
It was good, well written and a good way to help the wait for BHS#4
It was also fun to have some sneack in between two books.
I need more, but like a good dishes, it takes time to prepared it and I trust SJ Himes with it.
Jenny
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally enjoyed this book. This set of stories is essential if you want to read this whole series. It DOES contain major spoilers, so you cannot read this one unless you've read/listened to books 1, 2 & 3 already. ...more
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆ ~ 4 Stars
A must-read for BHS series readers. Fun and funny snippets - Eroch's POV, an ancient Salvatore bonded couple, Angel playing with a zombie mammoth, Daniel and Rory getting closer and their adventures in banking.
Arshad Ahsanuddin
Playful and enjoyable, this anthology broadens the appeal of a number of secondary, yet important characters.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • Hell to Pay (Hellhound Champions #2)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • New Horizons (Metahuman Files: Classified, #2)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
I am currently working on BHS#5, a BHS spinoff series, and the second book of the Realms of Love series.

If you have questions for me, and want an answer sooner rather than later, find me on Facebook or Twitter. Social media links on my website, along with a FAQs page for the most common questions I get asked.

Current writing cluster titles are available on my Works in Progress page at my website.

The Beacon Hill Sorcerer (4 books)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)