Start by marking “Illumined Shadows (Treble and The Lost Boys #3)” as Want to Read:
Illumined Shadows (Treble and The Lost Boys #3)

Illumined Shadows

(Treble and the Lost Boys #3)

When Victor Lucius was sixteen years old, a few cruel words out of his mouth led to a brutal tragedy, one that Vic has been trying to make up for ever since. Now, working as a missing persons expert, Vic tracks down and rescues people from abandonment or abuse, trying to alleviate the guilt constantly weighing him down.

His latest case—a boy who was kidnapped at the age of
ebook
Published December 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Illumined Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illumined Shadows

Start your review of Illumined Shadows (Treble and The Lost Boys #3)
♡❀✦☞ Sammy ☜✦❀♡
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 Stars!
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
This book was unsettling due to some moral and ethical issues in what happened with Vic and Colby. While Vic didn't necessarily take advantage of Colby, it was still on pretty shaky ground in my opinion. I can't say much without giving away the story but this one was a hard one to swallow. ...more
Becca
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok first and foremost, TRIGGER, TRIGGER, TRIGGER. This is probably the worst as far as triggers in this series. Well, no probably about it. It is. This are issues of rape, torture, imprisonment, etc. So please if any of this is a problem for you, do not read. However, for me, the was my favorite out of this series. Each character in this series has just touched me in some way, but none more so than Vic. And now, little Colby. That sweet little man.
The story starts out with Vic and his own traged
Natosha Wilson
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost: TRIGGER WARNINGS: Child abuse, Rape, Graphic scenes, violence. Those are the most important ones that I feel need to to be listed. This book is not one for those that have triggers to any of those things because some of this book is very graphic. Not all of this takes place in the moment of the book but they are described in the memories of what happened. So forewarning.

This book is one of those reads that has you heart broken for the main two characters several times over.
Jay
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, kebb
Redemption and letting go sum up Illumined Shadows, G.R. Lyons’ third installment in the Treble and the Lost Boys series. If you’ve been following these standalone stories, Zac has Adrian, Ryley has Asher, and here we see Vic get Colby.

Vic’s path is a tumultuous ride fraught with pain and guilt, but most of all with closure and love. Illumined Shadows is truly gut wrenching, and hard to read at times, but oh so worth the effort.

Victor Lucius has been counseling his deceased brother’s ghost, an
N.L. Gassert
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a tough book to rate. The writing is very good. Clearly this is an experienced writer who knows how to tell a story. Each character had an arc and was well developed.

But …

I did not enjoy the constant child-like portrayal of Colby, the secondary main character. He’s physically small, I get it, and liked to tuck his hands under his chin, I got that, too, but treating him like a child and not like the young man he is did him a major disservice. There was so much more room for growth, if on
DeltaMK
Waaaaay too much!!!

The book started out pretty good and I enjoyed the story up until roughly 30-40%. Then they had their first kiss and sorry to say that but it made me uncomfortable af. I totally get that Vic was really attracted to Colby and like another character told Vic: You can't help with whom you fall in love with. Even if it's a guy who looks like a 15 year old boy. You can't.

BUT!!!!!

What you can help with is not acting on your attraction and Vic does that during a very questionable s
Ankita Singh
I need more books like this one!
Maryann Kafka
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Illumined Shadows” is the final novel in this trilogy. Victor Lucius finds himself having to come face to face and address his emotional issues with the finding of Colby; the tragedy of Cam his brother and his failure with Ryley. Vic has carried a burden of guilt throughout a good part of his life and as an insurance agent has taken on the mission of finding lost and abused people. Vic’s life comes to a head when the horribly abused Colby comes into his life. Vic learns some of simplest things ...more
Anne Barwell
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
This is the third story in the series, and although I think it could be read alone, it’s more enjoyable reading the series in order. I liked Vic from the moment I ‘met him’ in the first book, so I’m very happy that the final book in the series is his.

He is such a kind soul, and beating himself up over a tragedy that happened years ago. I thought the author did a great job in showing Vic’s guilt, and how he reaches for happiness, then stops himself by reminding himself that he doesn’t deserve it
Shannon Mae
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
I liked the start. The characters and story were compelling. The ghost was a weird plot element but I loved it.

Then came the first sex scene, and no. Just... NO. First of all, where’s this instalust from? Random and totally strange. And I mean INSTAlust. After knowing the guy and living with him and holding him, there’s just random uncontrollable lust. Second of all, a man who later tells us he has never penetrated another man has a conversation where he worries he won’t be able to stop himself
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Illumined Shadows is the third and final book in the Treble and the Lost Boys series, and we finally get Vic's story. You know something big is behind him, due to how he was with Ryley, however, in this book you get the full tragedy of just what exactly happened.

Everything is brought back to Vic when he rescues Colby from the 'Bad Man'. This was a perfect example of how monsters can hide in the light, when Colby only felt safe in the dark. These two have one helluva road to travel, and the rest
Faye K
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku-read, m-m, paranormal
A great book to get the emotions going.

5 Stars.🌟 A very emotional read. Well written by an amazing writer, this includes a little magic, ghosts tagging along, and cute puppies and more. The characters have huge past events that they must deal with to move on. Victor couldn't help his brother, Cam but they could help Colby deal with his horrible past. A story with love and patience for all to cope. Vic and Cam must face the events regarding Cam's death and the lead up to it. The author throws in
R
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, m-m, reviewed
Vic helps find lost boys. When he finds a boy who has been held captive for nineteen years, he has no idea that the young man will become the most important person in his life.

Colby has only know pain his entire existence. When he’s rescued by Vic he enters a strange new world he knows nothing about. As he learns to cope with the strangeness he comes to trust Vic.

I liked the other books in the series but this one was the most gut wrenching and also stunningly sad. Watching Colby blossom under Vi
Anusha Alamgir
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gem!

I cant believe I waited this long to read this book! It is EXACTLY how I imagined it should be, given the tags and blurb. I fell in love with Colby and Vic as well as Cam and other side characters that really bring this gem of a book together. I already finished the Transivity series so it was nice to see Vic get his story! Don't make the mistake I did and wait a second longer in reading this book, I finished it in one day. Great job once again, GR! 💜
Mary Dunlap
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you cant read about sexual a use do not read this book

This was all tho a true in the sexual abuse it was so sad that these people went thru all they did the brother being raped and murdered and then spending all that time in a coma and then the dad pulling the plug when a cute was found and then having the brother be a ghost wow this book had a lot of different y stuff going on ..But it wasn't a bad book is was just a sad book
Kathi
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a difficult book to read, and there could be triggers for some people. However, it is also a heart wrenchingly beautiful story to read, and is well worth it. A story of finding your way back to the world after the worst that humanity can throw at you, and finding someone to travel that journey with you
Pat
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!

Oh, I love this series, but this one, was by far my favourite. Colby, so broken, so haunted and so, so sweet and innocent despite what had been done to him. I love this series so much.
Rebecca James
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. Not for everyone--please pay attention to trigger warnings.
J.P. Jackson
Mar 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, never-again
Ethically wrong. I couldn't finish. Just wrong on so many levels. ...more
Bretton Coppedge
My favorite

This is probably my favorite out of the series so far. Colby is so sweet, and needs all the hugs and cuddles.
Cathy
May 10, 2021
Amanda Hobson, Ph.D.
Jun 27, 2019
Sam
rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Watch Me
  • Muscle and Bone
  • Kidnapped by the Pirate
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck, #2)
  • Distorted (Alabaster Penitentiary, #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Daddy's Bite
  • Can't Touch
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Human Omega: Discovered on the Slave Planet (Pykh, #1)
  • Bad Things (Fault Lines, #2)
  • Can You Reach Us? (The Outreach #2)
  • Power Play
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • His Consort (House of Maedoc, #1)
G.R. Lyons stumbled into writing as a form of trauma recovery when traditional therapy wasn't working.

Then the story ideas just kept on coming.

Pulling from a vivid imagination as well as real-life experience as a trans man, a sexual assault survivor, and a person living with mental illness, Lyons has written multiple, interconnected series set within his fictional world of the Shifting Isles.

When

Treble and the Lost Boys (3 books)
  • Ice on Fire (Treble and the Lost Boys #1)
  • Heavens Aground (Treble and the Lost Boys #2)