Start by marking “Tweet Cute” as Want to Read:
Tweet Cute

Tweet Cute

Meet Pepper, swim team captain, chronic overachiever, and all-around perfectionist. Her family may be falling apart, but their massive fast-food chain is booming ― mainly thanks to Pepper, who is barely managing to juggle real life while secretly running Big League Burger’s massive Twitter account.

Enter Jack, class clown and constant thorn in Pepper’s side. When he isn’t trying t/>Enter
336 pages
Expected publication: January 21st 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about Tweet Cute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tweet Cute

Untitled by Sarah J. MaasUntitled by Leigh BardugoOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsUntitled by Susan Dennard
YA Novels of 2020
668 books — 1,250 voters
All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  GraceWhere Dreams Descend by Janella AngelesAll Your Twisted Secrets by Diana  UrbanThe Lucky Ones by Liz LawsonA Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown
YA Debuts 2020
110 books — 219 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Tweet Cute
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Romance is DISGUSTING........drown me in it.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
FOUR CUTTEST SWEETEST FLUFFIEST TWITTING CYBERDATING SMARTEST STARS!

Welcome to the present time retelling of “You’ve got mail!”
DIFFERENCES:

-There is no competition between local book shop and Barnes and Noble store, we had a local deli famous with its signature cheese sandwich versus burger joint that stole deli’s special cheese sandwich recipe and declares the secret recipe belonged to them!

-We don’t have stubborn as hell but charming as well adults lik
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
❥ 3.75 / 5 stars

[ e-ARC received from NetGalley ]

Is it weird if I say that its title is “Tweet Cute” but I HATE THIS TWEET THING THE MOST IN THE BOOK?

Not because it’s bad but I feel so annoyed / irritated with this tweet thing throughout the book. In the first 40%, whatever Jack and Pepper are trying to play against each other on Twitter is totally CHILDISH. I wouldn’t say like this if they tweet against each other by using personal account but they don’t. They use their restaurant official account to t/>[
Yna the Mood Reader
"I watch him go, all tall legs and long strides, and realize just before I turn back that I’m still smiling like an idiot. Somehow, though, I don’t have it in me to stop."

📖 Pre-order This Book on Amazon 📖

📚 Series:   No.
📚 Genre: YA Romance.
📚 POV:  Alternating.
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warnings:   Expect fluffiness and memes. 😅
⚠ Read if: you are a fan of What If It's Us and other light and fluffy romances. 🥰

I was given the chance to read this book via the publisher granting my Netgalley wishlist. It's the first time😅
⚠No.
⚠ Alternating.
📚Romance.
📚No.
📚
✨ A ✨
Twitter wars and family business rivalry.
I'm sold 🙋

Thank you to Wednesday Books for providing me with an e-ARC

« Publishing date: 21 January 2020 »
EmBibliophile
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it

An Okay-ish read, but a little bit cheesy for my liking.

*A copy was kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you.*
NAT.orious reads ☽
4.25 ★★★★☆ at a meet cute

When the publisher granted my wish to read and review this book in advance, I was totally over the moon. Seriously, the e-mail made me smile like a doofus - at 6.45 am. I am n.o.t. a morning person, so this says loads about the hopes I had for this book. I expected a cute and funny love-story with a lot of teenage-angst and issues my past teenager self could relate to. I was not disappointed.

I felt especially invested in the book when the main characters had arguments with their parents. Having turned 25 myself this
Tijana
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by the beautiful people behind the Netgalley, and I am very much thankful for it!

"They're here for your grilled cheese," I told her.
"Not unless you've changed my secret ingredient to cocaine, they're not."

This just might be my favourite YA contemporary novel of the year!
Loveable characters, very original story, loads of fluff, yet not over the top.
Pepper and Jack were so realistic and their cute little love story absolutely believable.
I had the biggest
Candace Robinson
This was a cute and quick read. The pop culture references felt odd. I wasn’t sure if they were meant to be modern or nostalgic since they were too recent to be old yet too old to be modern if that makes sense? Anyway, it’s a nice contemporary romance read that was a good escape from all the fantasy I’ve read lately!
☽ TheBibliotheque
I'm sorry but if this isn't as cute as the premise I will riot.

description
Tiffany Chiang
This book was SO WONDERFUL & AMAZING!!! I've stayed up late reading it for 3 nights in a row, and I have 0 regrets because I am such a fan of #PepperJack!! 10/10 would read again. 💖 Stay tuned for my full review as part of the official blog tour~

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
This was surprisingly really charming.
♥ I fucking loved the banter between the two main leads, and the thrill of waiting for them to finally get together was just so much fun!
♥ I also liked that we saw two very different -- but both very loving -- family dynamics between the Pepper's and Jack's families.
♥ There was some depth to the story as well! Aside from all the Twitter wars, there was a subplot about following your dreams, and doing what you love.

Full review soon! Wait for
Rec-It Rachel
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Logically, I know this book wasn't written just for me, but it really feels like it
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

This book has been on my radar ever since it was first announced. When the email came through asking if I would like to take part in the blog tour, I jumped at the chance, and actually read the book the very next day, after my copy arrived. Tweet Cute is a sort of You've Got Mail spin on YA contemporary. Both of our main characters, Pepper and Jack, are the children of burger chain
Fuzaila
I'm all puppy-eyed glittery fluff right now, because this book was as heart-wrenching as it was adorable. I don't remember the last time I shipped any couple as much as I did PepperJack.

Twitter war gone viral? ✅
Anonymous messaging app just for a single school? ✅
Two unsuspecting faces behind all of this? ✅
Goofy classroom frenemies-turned-lovers? ✅
Unspoken twin sibling-rivalries? ✅
Complicated parent relationships and family history? ✅
Drool worthy, go
Nikki (Book Allure)
More of a 3.5ish rating. Cute read, but ages really quickly for me with all the pop culture references and heavy reliance on Twitter. I did make grilled cheese after this because the book gave me cravings lmao
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a few moments, all Pooja can do is blink at me. "Okay, first of all, this is possibly the weirdest thing I've ever heard. And we live in New York City, so that's saying something."

This book is so stinking cute and un-brie-lievably cheesy.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for a eARC in exchange for an honest review

I adored this book.

4.5/5 stars

We have two POVs:
JACK: the self-identified "class clown" (really he seems more like an apathetic teen who enjoys banter than a class clown), he's a twin (but/>/>4.5/5
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

I actually read Tweet Cute back in July when my wish was granted on NetGalley. I am not the biggest contemporary fan, but from the synopsis of the book I was hooked and knew I needed it in my life. But I was so excited that I pushed my TBR pile aside and dived into it. I loved Tweet Cute so much that finished it in one sitting. It's cute, cheesy, (ha, get the pun?) funny and a fresh take on romance that is going to have readers everywhere swooning
Sydni
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~5 out of 5 pepperjacks~

”Bluebird
SHIT.
Not again
Wolf
XOXO gossip wolf”

FINALLY! A book that contains situations that revolve around teens using the internet that’s NOT TOO CRINGY TO READ! THE CUTE TEXTING MADE ME FEEL LIKE IT WAS REAL LIKE ACTUAL YOUNG ADULTS TEXTING N BEING CUTE!
anyways it was cute but moving onto the actual story.....

How do I even explain this one......
let’s just do a check list to see what we got
A twitter rivalry?
Check.
An anonymous messagi/>/> ...more
Dany
Oct 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Knobby
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

Okay, this was really cute. A bit cheesy, but cute. Take "You’ve Got Mail" but make the bookstores into sandwich shops and add teenaged drama, and you’ve got Tweet Cute. I always love this trope of public enemies / private lovers, and this book didn’t disappoint in that regard.

Much like the Grandma’s Special sandwich, this has a lot of layers. Pepper is dealing with her parents’ divorce and her sister’s absen
Aly
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
This was a ton of fun to read. The snarky Twitter war between Pepper and Jack was funny and their real life interactions were cute and sarcastic and I love them as a couple. When Jack got happy that Pepper could always tell him apart from Ethan, I couldn't stop smiling. When Pepper and Jack spoke with their parents about how they feel inadequate and what they want for their futures, I had tears. This was so well written, had good pacing, and I rooted for the characters from the beginning. Great ...more
Lisa
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
Ugh, so cute and perfect! The author did an incredible job of making this story deep and meaningful. She created witty conversations and tweet replies and peppered it with laugh out loud moments.

If you're looking for a swoony smart contemporary, then look no further. I can't wait to read more from Emma Lord!

Warning: You WILL need to eat something sweet after reading this story. If only Monster Cake was real!

Highly recommended.
Cassie
Sep 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
This sounds super cute and I’m ready for all the cheesy rom-com goodness 😍
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
"All right. No taking it personally. And no holding back .... Let the games begin."

This book was just a really fun time. It had some of my favorite tropes (secret/anonymous penpals, enemies to friends to lovers). Pepper and Jack engage in an all out Twitter war brought about from their respective families restaurants and the apparent theft of a beloved family recipe. All complicated by the fact that their on good terms as captains of the swim and dive teams, and are anonymously talking/flirting on
shre ♡
Aug 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
twitter rivalry? sign me the fuck UP.

it’s a win for the millennials.

also just realized their ship name would be pepper jack...
Ruby Rae Reads
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to St. Martin's Press for providing me with an e-ARC of this book!

Did I just devour and become obsessed with this book in less than 24 hours? Why yes, yes I did!

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH THIS BOOK THIS BOOK THIS BOOK!!! It was so good I can't even.

I was not expecting to love it as much as I did. I haven't read a YA contemporary that just makes me all giddy and my heart flutter in happiness for a while. I just recently watched You've Got Mail and the c
Inge
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this was VERY CUTE.

It's like You've Got Mail but slipped into a modern jacket. Two classmates from rival food chains start a full-blown Twitter war, not knowing that they're pouring their hearts out to each other on an anonymous chat app every night. It's brilliant and it's disgustingly cute.

You should definitely pick this up if you're into heart-warming books, enemies-to-lovers romances, Mean Girls references, and a whole bunch of amazing baking scenes. (Honestly, I love MC
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
This was really cute and I loved the witty, wholesome dialogue between the main characters.
Full review to come closer to publication!
Fanna
I had to sacrifice my sleep to finish reading this but there's no regret because the cuteness was so much and I was shipping Pepper and Jack so hard, I needed to find out what would unravel with every chapter. It has twitter wars, anonymous identities on conversational apps, growing close to someone you didn't expect you would like that much, and loads of tasty baked goods!

Expect a review near the release date and an interview with the author too!

August 22, 2019:

• Lucky Caller
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • A Question of Us
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Foul Is Fair
  • The Accidental Life Swap
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)