Start by marking “The Apprentice Sorceress (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Apprentice Sorceress (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #2)

The Apprentice Sorceress

(Fairy Tales of Lyond #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  14 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A lady does not raise her voice.
A lady does not tear her gowns.
A lady does not contradict a gentleman.
A lady does not practice magic...
Until now.

Lady Violette has done everything she can to be a perfect lady in waiting to the royal princess of Jerdun. She’s followed the princess halfway across the world and lived through a war. Now the princess is stranded in a foreign cit
ebook, 1, 169 pages
Published January 7th 2019 by EDW Books

To ask other readers questions about The Apprentice Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Apprentice Sorceress

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Apprentice Sorceress (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #2)
Richelle Robinson
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I saw this cover and read the blurb I had to read! Even though the book is billed as a stand alone I think I would have benefited more if I read the first book. . At times I got a little confused with the different characters. Even with that minor issue I did like the story line and the plot held my attention and it was an exciting read. This book also touches on how people identify gender wise and not to be ashamed or embarrassed as to who you are! I loved that message. We also had some ac ...more
Lauren loves llamas
Isn’t that a gorgeous cover? It’s a fantasy romance with a fake relationship trope, too! I was interested, especially when I saw on Twitter that this was actually a LGBT+ romance. It’s apparently the second in a series, so while I did have a little bit of a problem following along at first, I think it works fine as a standalone.

“You’re late.”
A dimple flashed in Ned’s cheek. “You missed me.”
“I have other duties to complete today.”
“Do you now? And here I thought this was the most important task yo
J.V. Speyer
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-reads
I have to admit, I had a very difficult time with the beginning of this book. The stilted, formal language many fantasy enthusiasts enjoy simply doesn’t resonate with me, and I found it exceptionally irritating in the beginning of this book. If you enjoy high fantasy and read a lot of it, you probably won’t have this problem.

When I made myself push past this wall, I didn’t have the problem anymore either.

Violette’s secret puts her in real danger, and makes her a pariah in the city where she an
Lise
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, owned
A plot that I raced through and great (in my inexpert opinion) trans representation — what’s not to like? I really enjoyed how proactive Violette was as a heroine, and Ned was very likeable as the love interest. Stands alone well, too, for all that it’s the second book in a series.

My minor quibbles are that the political situation feels a bit muddled and/or needlessly complex to me. But I have to surmise some of this is due to my not having read other books in the series. I was also really surp
Emma
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I recieved a free copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was well thought out, it was a sweet story about magic and lady who is bound to do what she is told rather than what she knows is right. I found the whole book very intrigueing although I would have liked a little more magic.

I liked Violette although I was a bit confused about her age, she was meant to be 16 I think but had already been married and widowed? She was a little rash at times but it made an i
Alex
*I received a copy of this book via Netgalley*

This is the second book in the Tales of Lyond series, but it works perfectly well as a standalone. There are references to the events of the first book, mostly to explain why Violette and the princess she serves are refugees in a foreign city, but they are worked in well and provide all the necessary background.

Having said that, it’s a little difficult to figure out where to start with this review because despite the short length of the story, there
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog
description

The Apprentice Sorceress by E.D. Walker is a beautifully crafted tale. I first discovered this author with The Beauty’s Beast, which is the book that immediately follows The Apprentice Sorceress. Although the books are standalone, it was lovely to see the backstories to some of the characters that appear in The Beauty’s Beast.

E.D. Walker has a lovely writing style. It is very smooth and immersive, it is easy to picture world and the characters in it, without being bogged down by too much descrip
Elise
Apr 05, 2020
SunShiney10
Jan 04, 2019
E.D. Walker
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mi-ch-elle
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I only registered after finishing the book that The Apprentice Sorceress is Book 2 of Fairy Tales of Lyond. However I had no problem following the story as it unfolded and is a perfect standalone book in the series.

Beautifully crafted and a compelling story which flows from start to finish with ease. I read at night until I could no longer, than continued reading the next day when I was able.

The tale follows Lady Violette, a young maid to the widowed Princess Aliénor of Jerdun who fled to the
Maddie
Velia
Jan 13, 2019
Shivani Seth
Jan 14, 2019

• Demon Dawn (Resurrection Chronicles, #7)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Avengers by Jason Aaron, Vol. 4: War of the Realms
  • Wolverine, Volume 1: Wolverine Goes to Hell
  • The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
  • Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • Moonscript
  • X-Men: Phoenix - Endsong
  • Winter by Winter (Sword Girl #1)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Shuri, Vol. 1: The Search For Black Panther
  • Shuri, Vol. 2: 24/7 Vibranium
  • A Brief History of the Anglo-Saxons: The Beginnings of the English Nation
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 1: For Honor and Vengeance
  • Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)
  • Karen vs Alien (Possessive Aliens, #5)
E.D. Walker, a native of Los Angeles, is the author of The Fairy Tales of Lyond Series that begins with Enchanting the King. As a child, she grew up knowing all the words to the songs in Disney’s fairy tale retellings. (Sleeping Beauty was always her favorite.) Lo and behold, she eventually grew up to write fairy tale retellings of her own.

By day, E.D. helps corral engineers for NASA (without doin

Fairy Tales of Lyond (4 books)
  • Enchanting the King (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #1)
  • The Beauty's Beast (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #3)
  • The Changeling Child (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #4)