Start by marking “Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies” as Want to Read:
Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies

Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Young Naturalist Field Guides are the books for children to take along when they explore forests, meadows, and seashores or want to learn more about flowers, frogs, rabbits, birds, bugs, snakes, and more! Numerous experts and organizations have provided invaluable assistance in the preparation of this series. Each volume contains many craft and activity projects to enhance ...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Gareth Stevens Publishing (first published April 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies

Joni
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Last year I didn't like this book so much, because Josh was looking for an encyclopedia of insects and this one doesn't compare to those. However, this is a great book for backyard bugwatching. Now we have read it again this year with Benjamin and I think it's fantastic. It shows which caterpillars become which butterflies/moths, as well as other common backyard insects. It gives good information as well as some projects.
Katie Clark
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: informational
I am not a fan of bugs, but this book contains some nice pictures and facts about different insects that kids would like. This book can be used during a science lesson about insects.
Hollee Young
I think this book is very informational! I like the set of five books I purchased and I can see myself and my future students utilizing them in the future.
Amy M Weissenburger
June
Mar 09, 2015
mathlover222
Oct 23, 2016

“Luna moths have no mouths or stomachs. They do not eat, and only live about one week.
Where to Find It
As soon as the female comes out of the cocoon in April or June, she searches for a tree with leaves her offspring can eat. Many different trees could be food for her caterpillars. So you may find her on walnut, hickory, oak, birch, alder, sweet gum or persimmon trees.”
1 likes
“What It Looks Like
If you spot the spectacular luna moth, don't try to catch it. It is an endangered species.
The luna moth has very long tails. Its color is a glowing green, but it also has touches of purple, brown, yellow, white and gray. From wingtip to wingtip, it is a little shorter than your hand length. You may see it just beneath a streetlight, waggling its wings, as if dancing. When its long, dangling tails sway in the breeze, it looks like a little lunar-green”
1 likes