Start by marking “Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)

Blood Sky

(Broken Mercenaries #1)

Kill those who betray you.
Never trust someone with nothing to lose.
Family is business.

Delia

I watched my enemies murder my father.

Published September 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Blood Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Sky

Start your review of Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)
Alissa
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites
4.5 explosive stars!!! “I’m a hurricane,” I whisper. “Death follows me everywhere.”
His eyes flicker over my face, from my eyes to my nose, lingering on my lips. “That’s what I like about you,” he breathes.

My introduction to S. Massery’s books started off with a bang with Blood Sky! Nonstop action from the first to the very last page! I loved the author’s writing and her different spin on the mafia genre. Delia’s family has been killed by the enemy and this is her story of revenge. She meets Ja
Elle Thorpe
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Explosive action and sizzling chemistry from page one!

What a talented writer this new-to-the-scene author is! That was one of my first thoughts as I read Blood Sky. Sara Massery certainly has a big future ahead of her.

I was hooked from the first page, and completely drawn into the dark secrets of Delia and Jackson’s world’s. If you love a side of action and mafia style suspense with your romance, this is one series you’ll want to start today!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jess~

Hold onto your hats, this was an intense and wild ride.

I love when a book starts with action and this one delivered. It also kept up with that momentum throughout the whole book. Jackson and Delia, two unlikely characters, two totally different backgrounds, both a little rough around the edges and completely bada$$.

Delia was escaping or trying to anyway. She's been running for weeks and at every turn, trouble follows. Although this time the unexpected trouble is in the form of
Darlene Avery
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood Sky by S. Massery was just what I was looking for.

I love the way Massery weaves this storyline and characters all together, leaving you wondering what’s going to happen next, and still having moments that completely surprise you.

Delia is one tough lady! I love her character. And Jackson is definitely one man who can help her face what’s coming after her.

Blood Sky reminds us all that sometimes friends are more than family.

4.5 Stars
Pamela
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Oh my dayz. What a story! I literally sat and inhaled this story. I loved every minute of it.

Jackson and Delia. Crikey what a pair. They sure did put me through the wringer as I didn’t know what way the story was going to go.

Fantastic secondary characters who I’m really hoping they all get their own stories as those men are hot!

I love that the story is told through two points of view as I really wanted to get into both their heads.

That ending. Yike
Priyanka Dhingra
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC was generously provided for an honest review.

This is the first book I am reading of S Massery and I have to say this What a book It was! I got goosebumps while reading this book and I was so hooked up That I read this book within One day. I read a good Action book after a long time and Amazing work done by the author and I am genuinely Honoured that I am reviewing this book.

The story is about a girl named Delia, who is trying to save herself from the People who are tr
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the first in a series for this author. I was very impressed with the writing of this new to me author. The story was full of action and suspense with some hot steamy moments thrown in.

Delia and Jackson meet by chance and become ties together because of the danger that is following Delia. This book happens to center on Delia's mafia roots but the series looks like it will be following Jackson's mercenary friends. I can't wait for more of them. Dalton, Griffen, Zach a
Sarah Pie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I don't even know where to start with this review. Blood Sky was everything I didn't know I needed and more. It was nonstop action from the first page to the last and is so different from all the other books out there.

Delia is without a doubt one of the strongest female characters I have read. To survive what she did - even though she had help along the way - is still pretty amazing.

And Jackson, I just love him. He's so strong, smart, and intuitive. I know he learned a lot from his time in the
BLuvsBooks
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The beginning was a page turner and the end was action packed.
I liked the h -Delia. She is strong with a mafia background and she leans on the H when needed.
I didn’t connect as much with the H -Jackson.
Jackson has a group of “brothers” that he met while working for a black ops group. I believe each may have their own book and I may connect with those characters more. Look forward to the next.
Sassy Southern
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delia Moretti has come to her family’s old house in hopes of escaping those who murdered her family. Yet a forest fire interrupts her plans and now she must put her life in the hands of a stranger who gets her away from the fire.
Jackson Skye is working and evacuating people in the line of the fire when he stumbles upon a girl who puts up quite the fight leaving her house. She is worried about leaving but Jackson has no idea how much trouble she is in until a night at the motel and he reali
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! It was definitely a refreshing take on the normal Mafia reads in which the person in the Mafia is our leading lady is she is the freaking boss and the guy is outside of the life and no ties with her or them. It was engaging and captivating from the characters to the story line and I highly recommend checking it out!

Delia knows that her life is unconditional, being that she is the heir the mafia has shown her that. After on the run, she meets Jackson who help
CS
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delia was on the run, grieving, and was desperately trying to survive. When ex-military Firefighter Jackson found her attached to his back with a knife to his neck as he searched an abandoned house, it was the kick start to a fast and furious flight together.
This well written contemporary mafia based romance had all the elements of a great story.
Handsome hulky alpha male fighter, check. Damsel in distress with mafia ties and secrets, check. Chemistry and Passion, check, check, check.
All that
Lourdes Acosta
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story had me hooked since chapter 1 and did not stop till the end.
I loved the way Delia was so strong and probably one of the strongest female characters I've read.
Jackson and Delia have a really big connection and they have each others back.
I really enjoyed all the other characters that I cannot wait to hear from again.
This is my 1st read from this author and it will definitely not be the last. I cannot wait on Griffin's - Angel of death story.
Carol 27
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was completely hooked on this story within reading the first few pages! It’s a well written, quick-paced ride full of action and adventure with plenty of suspense, danger, conflict, violence, intrigue and treachery. It’s also a very compelling tale featuring engaging characters with deep, dark secrets. I loved Delia’s character! She’s outwardly cool, calculating, fierce, sassy, determined, and resourceful. Her mafia Daddy sure taught her well! Jackson is no slouch either in the badass departme ...more
Chrissy Busick
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a fast paced, intense mafia romance. The characters are amazing. Can't wait for the next book in this series.
Misty
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dalia, alone and one the run to stay alive, meets a fire rescuer, Jackson. Dalia....Jackson, two names you won't get tired of hearing. They both have secrets of their past. He stops at nothing to keep her safe, even though he doesn't know her or anything about her. Dalia is more fierce then she looks. Jackson, well he's trying to live an honest life, but packs a powerful punch.

Dalia and Jackson's story is full of suspense, blood and lots of steam. It packs a little bit of everything to make one
Erica Gilbert
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blood Sky was an enjoyable read for me. I find mafia stories interesting because of the whole family dynamic and just everything that goes along with being in a mafia family. I enjoyed how fast paced this story was. It kept me on my toes for the entire story and had me guessing what would happen next. I do wish the love between Jackson and Delia didn’t develop so quickly though. I enjoy seeing the love between two characters grow and develop over the entire storyline. I don’t think there was a w ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
I definitely liked elements of this dark and suspenseful romance, but couldn’t get fully invested in the couple’s relationship. The writing style held my attention from the beginning, and the book gets started on the action right away so the pages were flying by. But along the way, things began bothering me that pulled me out of the story, and ultimately I couldn’t get back to my original enjoyment of the book.

The story follows Delia, the daughter of a mafia boss whose family was sla
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. Massery is a new to my author, and I found myself falling in love with her very quickly! This story sucked me in immediately, packing a huge punch right out of the gate, which is something that I can NEVER get enough of! Jackson is evacuating people because of a fire, when he comes across Delia in a house he thought was abandoned, and thought she was someone trying to squat in said house. But it's so much more complicated than that, and they have to leave immediately so no one is killed on hi ...more
Rebecca Austin
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy, trsor
This was such a good book and I can’t wait for more in this series!!

Delia is running from whomever killed her family yet at the same time she can’t figure out how she is always found so quickly. She is determined to bring down those who killed her family and take her rightful place leading the family in Las Vegas.

Jackson was once part of the Army and part of a secret group called Scorpion Industries that was brought into difficult situations but he has kept his distance the past few
Miria Ardizzi
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love suspense, drama, adventure, blood, sweat and tears and a whole lot of hot steamy sex then this story Blood Sky is for you!!

I commend S. Massery with her exceptional writing skills in bringing forth a crime driven Mafia family who will not stop at anything to protect their own. This story captured and captivated my interest right from the start to the unpredictable epilogue. Now I am so anxious to read the next book and believe me you will too!!

Delia and Jackson are the m
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is a great mafia love story. I connected to the characters and the story from the beginning as it is written in a dual POV. The story is interlaced with stories of some of the characters past explaining a little about who they are and how they are all connected; which I found helpful to the storyline. It is also a twisted puzzle, with totally hot men and great lifelong friendships.

Jackson and Delia have a great connection, they really are in sync with each other from the beginning. He pick
Renee
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Delia
I watched my enemies murder my father. On the run, I plot to return home and lead my mafia family as my father did. But some would kill for my inheritance, and unearthing those people from the shadows would be impossible without Jackson. He rescued me, and has saved me over and over again-and could be the key to my survival. The problem is,his morals keep getting in the way.

Jac
Felicia Eddy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. Ms Massery just keeps getting better with every book she writes and Blood Sky was thrill ride with fantastic characters and a great love story from beginning to end.

Jackson Skye stumbles a firefighter who stumbles into a house looking for its occupant and is jumped by a feisty 5ft 3 in girl who jumps him from behind and then he has to save her when assassins who are trying to kill her. Now Jackson's natural instincts are triggered and now he is protecting a mafia princess trying
Jen
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book one in the Broken Mercenaries series and it is kicked off with a great story. Meet Dalia and Jackson. Delia's father was murdered, she knows who did it as she watched, now she needs to bring these guys back up to the surface so she can seek her revenge and take them out. These enemies have her on the run and she wants to return home and take her father's place at the head of her mafia family. Jackson was military man who has seen and done alot of things that haunt him. Jackson is tr ...more
Kylie
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh this book was so much fun!

I loved Delia so, so much! My favorite part about her is the way Massery made her a badass, while still keeping her real. She still panicked, she still made mistakes, and she still felt real fear, even if she was able to mask it pretty well.

I also totally dig Jackson! He’s a little messed up, with a brutal backstory but a whole lot of life to live and love to give.

This story was a total ride! I was on the edge of my seat waiting
lf
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great first time reading this author

Blood Sky is the first book I have read by S. Massery and I thought it was AWESOME. The story of Delia and Jackson pulled me in almost from the beginning and would not let me go until the end. Both characters were complex with a lot of different layers, like an onion that needs to be peeled back to get to the sweeter core. The story-line was interesting, engaging, full of heart stopping action, a whole lot of drama and suspense along with some good and dirt
Rady Reads
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was amazing. S. Massery and her writing was totally new to me but I have to admit I loved every second of this romantic thriller. It's the start to the Broken Mercenaries series.

I love to read mafia themed books, especially when there are wrongs to be  righted and strong characters like Delia Moretti fighting to bring the truth to the surface.

And let me tell you, it wouldn't be the same if there was left out supportive, loving character, right? Jackson was
Mandy Williams
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea what to expect when I started this book. Delia is on the run, hiding out from the enemy and unsure whom to trust. Jackson is former soldier/gun for hire working as a regular guy trying to redeem himself of his past. Meeting Jackson in a twist of events, the two have almost instant chemistry, despite not trusting one another Both have secrets, and guilt. I loved the fact both characters are inherently flawed yet manage to see the best in one another.
This story is a romance, but inc
« previous 1 3 next »
S. Massery is many things, and boring is not one of them. She strives to always keep busy, whether that be fostering dogs, editing websites, writing, or reading. She and her dog, Alice, frequently travel New England in search of prose-worthy scenery and hiking spots.

S. Massery grew up in Western Massachusetts. She received her Bachelors from Emmanuel College in Boston and has finally p

Broken Mercenaries (4 books)
  • Angel of Death (Broken Mercenaries, #2)
  • Morning Star (Broken Mercenaries, #3)
  • Sucker Punch (Broken Mercenaries, #4)