Start by marking “Pan (Neverland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pan (Neverland, #1)

Pan

(Neverland #1)

From NYT and USA Today bestselling author, Gina L. Maxwell, comes a brand new series with a fresh twist on an old classic.

Once upon a time, in Neverland, North Carolina--I fell in love.

I was twelve when Peter first climbed up to my balcony.
Thirteen when I sneaked out to see him at the School for Lost Boys.
Seventeen when his touch made me fly,
And eighteen when his words ma
Kindle Edition
Published January 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Pan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pan

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5 NEVERLAND CROWNS

Peter Pan has to be one of my favorite novels. So much so, that I forced my fellow English teacher to teach it to her British Literature class. It is that iconic tale of straddling the adult world and the innocent, adventurous world of childhood, and so when I saw Gina Maxwell was planning a retelling I was equal parts excited and scared. What would Pan look like modernized? Well, Gina Maxwell shot Pan way out into the stratosphere. I was consu
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥

Pan was a fun and whimsical adventure! It had so many references to the Peter Pan I fell in love with as a child. But this time around, everything I craved as an adult was there too. And while this book is contemporary, just know that you will need to stretch what is believable. For me that was effortless to do, and I loved how the story unfolded. So if you're looking for a romance novel,
Kate Meader
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun premise brought to life by the amazingly talented Gina L. Maxwell. You'll adore this new world she's created, starting with the lovely second-chance romance of Peter and Wendy. And boy, is it steamy. I can't wait for Hook's story!
Caffeinated Fae
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I bought this book as part of #IndieApril. Unfortunately, my Advanced Reader Copy schedule was too tight, so I wasn’t able to read any of the books I bought until May. As you all know, my the last IndieApril book didn’t impress me, so I figured I would read something by an author that I’ve been dying to read.

Not going to lie, I’ve always wanted to read Gina L. Maxwell simply because she is fantastic to follow on Twitter. She engages with readers and is just so much fun to follow (seriously, you
Mandy
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok wow. WOW! I was sucked in from the first chapter and did not want to put this book down! I absolutely loved this modern day spin on the magical fairy tale of Peter Pan. Gina L. Maxwell did such a fantastic job of merging the elements that we all know and love into a real life setting. She was just so clever in her interpretation, and I smiled so big every time she mentioned something familiar from the original book/movie. I’m already obsessed with all the characters and can’t wait for all of ...more
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
It’s a tricky thing for an author to take a classic & beloved fairytale and write a retelling in a way that doesn’t tarnish the story, yet keeps the characters and their world recognizable with a fresh, modern twist, but Gina L. Maxwell has taken on this task with fervor and flare.

Normally retellings seem to be focused solely on the characters names with a basic similarity to the original. This is the first retelling where I felt like I recognized each scene and the true heart of the story
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Gina Maxwell's stories are pure kindle candy for me. They are always sexy, sassy and full of swoons. When I heard she was writing a Peter Pan retelling I could not jump on this story fast enough. Wendy and Peter's story was emotional and full of the steamy moments we've come to expect from this author. It was so much more than a second chance story. It was riveting and intense with light-hearted moments! I enjoyed this so much!

When Wendy Darling returns to Neverland to ask her lost long love, Pe
Paula
Jan 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Having just read Peter Pan (the children's story) to my 3 year olds, I came across this at GR and was curious based on all the positive reviews. But after speed reading a few chapters or so, it is definitely not my thing and had to DNF. This is a shameful attempt to advertise it as "adult" content but way too childish for me (even with all the sexy/naughty bits)!
Rebecca Yarros
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heat and heart, this is easily the best fairytale retelling I’ve had the pleasure of reading!
Gretchen  (About That Story)
I loved this story! It was incredibly clever and smartly done, all while being extremely entertaining and fun. The author took something familiar and made it fresh, new, and exciting to read! Wonderful start to a new series!

I loved Wendy and Peter. He was charm and sexiness and she was a bit buttoned up but putting herself out there. I loved watching her character really open up. I loved their story and history. From the time they were kids to now and how their friendship and love grew. I smiled
Nashoda Rose
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a way to start my year reading "Pan". I met the Lost Boys on page one and they never let me go. Gina has masterfully entwined elements of the beloved fairytale Peter Pan into a hot, sweet, contemporary romance. Loved everything about this book.
This will be a favourite read of 2019 for sure.
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
"I wanted adventure and magic and... You, Peter. I wanted you"

"I'm yours, Wen. Always have been. Take what you want, and I swear, I'll give you all that I am."

This author did a fantastic job of modernizing this classic, beloved fairytale. This is a contemporary romance with all the feels of magic and adventure that you expect from Peter Pan. Please note this is not a fantasy novel. This is the first book in the Neverland series and while the focus is on Peter and Wendy Darling, we essentially
Carla Krissinger
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From her first Fairytale, Seducing Cinderella, to this retelling of Peter Pan, Gina has yet to disappoint. Omg. I think I found my new favorite book!!!

Obviously, this book follows a modern day version of Peter, Wendy, Hook and the lost boys. After recently reading the first book in a well known trilogy that was a spin on a classic fairytale, I was nervous. Extremely. This book landed in my inbox exactly one day after I started the “other one”. And that other one made me shudder. So I was worrie
Na
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it

"I stare into his blue eyes sparkling in the lamplight, promising unexpected adventures and stories untold."

This book is one of those that splits my heart. On the one side I really enjoyed reading it and it really is possible to find some magic between the pages (and sheets ;-)) but something was missing. At least to me. And I can't even tell you what it is. It's just a feeling, my feeling. And just because I didn't find it, it doesn't mean you won't find it.

"It's impossible not to enjo
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Stacie
4+ "Neverland" Stars!

I enjoyed this very much! I'd never read a Peter Pan retelling and I think Gina L. Maxwell did a great job! If you like Peter Pan, I think you will like this modern day contemporary second chance (sweet) romance retelling. Complete with of course Peter and Wendy. But all the other Lost Boys, Tink, Wendy's brothers, John and Michael, Tiger Lilly, Chief, Hook, and Crock are all present too!

This is book one in the series and Hook
Will be next. I'm all in. Happy reading!
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
DNF at 25%
Unfortunately this didn’t work for me. A modern day retelling of Peter Pan. I wanted to give this one a try though I don’t normally read retellings because I have loved some of the author’s previous work.
Unfortunately I felt like the characters were really immature though I know that this is in line with the original story of “never growing up” but I just didn’t buy it... I struggled to get through the 25% and just didn’t want to continue.
Maybe this is a try at a later time type of r
Naima Simone
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Gina Maxwell first announced that she was writing a contemporary romance series based on Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, I was super excited! I'd never read a Peter Pan retelling, and I was curious to see how she would do it, while incorporating iconic characters, moments, main Disney elements and STILL keep it a sexy romance. Well, she proved to me why she's one of my go-to authors. Gina Maxwell knocked PAN out of the park! This book is sweet and sexy, romantic and passionate, touches on a co ...more
Tracy  C
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF I just couldn’t get into it. Seemed a bit immature to me.
Richelle Robinson
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I could not wait to get my hands on this book! I was always a fan of “Peter Pan” when I was growing up and was excited that Gina L. Maxwell was doing a modern day retelling.

The story was told in dual points of view. Past and present tense. I loved the way the story was written because you got to see Peter and Wendy fall in love. With all the odds stacked against it was so nice to see them make it work. *sighs*

Reading this book put a smile on my face. I love the family that they have become and
♠️ TABI ♠️
Jun 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
geez I really can't pass anything up that promises some Peter Pan, can I??
Patricia Rasey
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a twist on Peter Pan...he's hot and oh so sexy! I love the way Gina L. Maxwell's mind works. This book is fun and sizzling read! Brilliant! Can't wait for what's to come!
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

“All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.”

And, boy if people in today’s world could believe in this iconic phrase from the classic story, Peter Pan, and sprinkle some of the magic and innocence of Neverland into everyday life, imagine what contemporary society could be.

But while readers wait to infuse some of the magical properties of Peter and the Lost Boys’ favorite place into our daily lives, contemporary romance lovers can journey to Gina L. Maxwell’s Neverland, North Car
MJ
Shelves: arc, 2019-books
Wow. I am speechless in the very best way! Gina Maxwell has created her own kind of magic with Pan. She masterfully takes a story we all know so well and brings it to the present. Adding a sexy touch combined with all the feels that has me over the top addicted to her words. Who knew Peter Pan and his Lost Boys could make me swoon? I am completely in love and am very thankful more is to come.

Pan is beyond clever. Maxwell is seamless in her combination of the world of Neverland and current life a
Anne Z.
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pan has one of the most adorable scenes in romance I've read in a very very long time. For that alone it is worth reading. But luckily for us all, everything else about it was adorable too. The utmost perfect adult contemporary version of Peter Pan!
Oh Pan... What an amazing character! From boyhood to manhood Peter Pan was an absolute delight.
We got to be part of his life growing up. We got to watch him go from an innocent young boy, clueless about the world outside the School for Lost Boys, int
Amanda
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think words can express how much I adored this novel. Peter Pan is not my favorite fairy tale but it might be now. Gina Maxwell has given new life and romance to this classic and made it a better than ever. Wendy and Peter were absolutely perfect even with their flaws. Peter was so god-damn sweet and charming that I was constantly swooning at every sentence that came out of his mouth. I'm also literally dying for Hook's story 😍😍

Our happy ending is written in those stars, Wendy Darling. N
Virginia
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gina did a fantastic job with Pan. She brought an old story to the present and she did it well. In addition to being unique and creative, it was entertaining and fun. I loved the dual point of view and the use of past and present. The writing is fantastic, the story will make you happy, and the characters will make you fall in love with them.

Great job!

An ARC was provided for an honest review.

Heather andrews
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peter is such a charmer, “but for the record, whether or not I’m looking at you, I’m always paying attention to you, Wendy.” His voice is low and rough. “It’s impossible not to.” Peter is just a strong man, "Setting his jaw, he gets to his feet with ease, despite me clinging to him like a stripper on her pole , then strides across the apartment..." Wendy is a saucy little thing, “feel free to show me how it’s done, Pan.” Again, she relieves me of my glass, but this time, she holds it away as her ...more
Timitra
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rated 3.5 Stars

I struggled a bit with Pan in the beginning but as I got more into the story things began to flow much better. It's a contemporary retelling with a second chance spin of one of my fave stories growing up. I enjoyed it. It's filled with a cast of characters that I know and love and I'm looking forward to seeing what the author has in store for them. It's a fun re-imagining that I recommend.

Copy provided by author
Nena
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really beautiful story of childhood love that grows into epic love. Entire book has that in between dreaming and being awake feeling. Without spoilers... I really like that there are dark aspects to this story to balance the sweetness of Peter and Wendy (btw Peter and Wendy are 🔥🔥🔥).
Author created fantastic supporting characters and I truly hope they will get their own stories.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Cowboy's Kink (The Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • Cursive
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • More Than Friends (More Than, #1)
  • Ink Lust (Lust for Life, #1)
  • Rock Hard (Seduced By The Rockstar, #1)
  • A Touch of Winter (Pleasures, #1.5)
  • Beguiled (Queen of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Swan Song (A Modern Fairytale #8)
  • The Color of Love
  • Having Her Boss's Baby (Positively Pregnant #1)
  • Not Just the Greek's Wife
  • Not That Kind of Girl (Dog Walkers, #3)
  • Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Halfway Perfect
  • A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
Gina L. Maxwell is a full-time writer, wife, and mother living in the upper Midwest, despite her scathing hatred of snow and cold weather. An avid romance novel addict, she began writing as an alternate way of enjoying the romance stories she loves to read. Her debut novel, Seducing Cinderella, hit both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists in less than four weeks, and she’s been livin ...more