Start by marking “The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)

The Ex Effect

(Washington Wolves #2)

The headline could write itself:
Matthew Hawkins, star defensive end, comes out of retirement to play for the Washington Wolves.

Which is perfectly fine by Ava Baker—it makes her job as publicist for the team easier.

There’s only two problems. This particular football player was her first crush.

The bigger problem: Matthew Hawkins was once engaged to her older sister.
Published December 2nd 2018 by Dutch Girl Publishing, LLC

Start your review of The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
Alex ♈

I’m not a fan of ‘sibling-sharing’, but when I’m honestly warned, it’s my choice to read or not to read it *lol*. This trope was played well in terms of he didn’t see the heroine as possible love/lust-interest, when he dated her older sister. But…. * sad* the heroine had a crush on him back in the past.

He was a good man. It’s actually the main reason I read books by this author – she doesn’t write alphaholes or similar crap and (almost never) womanizers. Her heroes are good decent men,
Corina
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Ex Effect was ridiculously satisfying.

It had everything I love about a sports romance. An incredibly swoon worthy hero, a feisty heroine, and chemistry through the roof.

The Ex Effect was only my second book by Karla Sorensen but it's enough to know that I LOVE this author's style. From her dialogues to plot and characters - there isn't much I didn't adore about this book. It's up there with any Susan Elizabeth Philips  (Chicago Stars #1) book. Reading this novel reminded me why I lo
Syndi
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I want to give this book 4 stars. But I settle to 3 stars. Why? Because all of that drama and twist and the misunderstanding are caused by Matthew and Ava themselves. Ava for being chicken shit and let what her mother manipulation sips into her head. Matthew for being too naive. As alpha male, it is his fault not to fight for Ava. Not telling Ava's family about him and Ava is decision that made by Matthew and Ava.

But instead of acting like a mature adult, they act like children. And the fact th
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I couldn’t get enough reading this! It was so much more than expected to be honest. Filled with so much heartache and swoon-worthy moments, Matthew and Ava had me flipping through the pages with ease. The Ex Effect is my first story by Karla Sorensen—it won’t be my last!

This was something I could trust, this instinct to lean more deeply into her, into what I felt when I was around her.

Matthew Hawkins is larger than life; a sweet and gentle giant with a caring soul and addictive perso
Rejane
UPDATE: 2 minutes later (LMAO) It’s exactly what it smells and taste: sibling double dipping. EWWWWWWWW I found this plot, one of the most disgusting plots ever. 🤮🤢🤮🤢 Hero was engaged to heroine’s sister for 4 years and she cheated on him. My question though: would they be together if she haven’t cheated ? 🧐🧐😏😏

This smells and tastes like sibling double dipping.
I just shelved as MAYBE because I want to read the “real” reviews. I thought this plot was “last
Dilek VT
Dec 25, 2018 marked it as not-appealing
The hero was once engaged to the heroine's older sister. ...more
Sam (AMNReader)
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Sam (AMNReader) by: Katy
A quick puff of a read, pretty solid sports romance based on unrequited love... Though it must be mentioned, the sibling thing is weird. And it's convenient they didn't get along and all...

But the drama in the latter half was too convenient for my taste. 2.75, just cause I knocked a bit off for the drama that suffocated the second half
Kandi Steiner
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are very few authors who, when I hear they have a new book coming out, I literally squeal and clap and grow heart eyes waiting for the release.

And Karla Sorensen is one of them.

Fortunately, I was able to read an early copy of this one (probably because I was OB-FREAKING-SESSED with The Bombshell Effect and not-so-subtly begging for more from the other characters in this world). And once again, Sorensen has completely blown me away.

The Ex Effect has everything I love in a romance. It's ste
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm one of those readers that actually like the family members' ex type stories! To me, it gives me the promise of some angsty goodness. Sadly, this didn't have what I was hoping it would. The angst was pretty minimal, the love was too insta, and the ending was frustrating. I enjoyed myself, but not nearly as much as I had hoped.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Ava and Matthew's story. Ava is a PR master for a NFL team but she is rattled to find out that the new
Melanie (mells_view)
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a sports romance that’s sweet yet angsty, this is the book!

Agh. These two. Such a sweet romance between two people who have such natural chemistry with each other, and yet everything is somehow so complicated. I LOVED Ava & Matthew. I swear I was rooting for them even with everything they had in their way. This is the perfect football romance, with just the right amount of angst.

If you’re not reading this series. You should be. The first book and this one are such good read
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Definitely recommend if you're looking for smart and funny with a dash of hot!

Ava is a fantastic character - believable, relatable and seriously funny. I felt very protective of her and wanted to seriously smack her sister in the head (a lot). Matthew - well he is Delicious with a capital D. The best kind of sport romance hero. Their story is complicated by their shared history and the baggage both of them have from their pasts. But who wants an easy love story - n
zaira
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
"I want to wake up every single day knowing that you're there, that I get to be there for you, and that I can love you through anything we might face because I know you'll do the same for me."

I liked this one a little bit more than the first book! I love Matthew and Ava together. Their little moments before they got together in the book are so cute.

On another note, I found Logan Ward quite charming in this one since he has more scenes as compared to the first book. I can’t wait to get to kn
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
oh lord, this book. Just wow.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Sports romance’s are my absolute weakness so I knew without a doubt I had to read this and I’m so freaking glad I did because FEELS SO MANY FEELS.

I loved Ava’s badass ways and I loved how amazing Matthew was and gahhh I’m in love!

It’s steamy, fun and an absolute joy to read. So many feels for my poor heart to handle. They amount they have to go through, the complications, just everything that happens just wraps together p
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I skimmed the last 45% of this one so this is going to be short.

I'm not a fan of the hero being with both sisters but I actually read one already that wasn't bad but in this one they broached the topic too much for me. I'd prefer it never be mentioned. But what really made me angry was Ava's interaction with her family and the way she tried to hide the H Because of them. Given how they had treated her I don't know why she made the effort, the H deserved better than that from her and honestly I w
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK. If I could scream it any more I would. This story was seriously a romance lovers dream.

I get so tired of books with the back and fourth and by the time you’ve read half he book nobody has actually said how they feel, or what they want. I got none of that with this AMAZING ROMANCE STORY.

Matthew is coming out of football retirement. He hasn’t won all the trophies so to speak, so he’s coming back in a big way. Ava is the head of PR. Football players are scared of her, she’s fie
Katy
I really enjoyed this. It's a bit of an unusual read for me, there are a lot of things in this book that I usually shy away from. Well, not a lot. Just two. First, that the hero sleeps with both sisters. Years apart, but still. Normally, I'd think that's pretty gross. But it worked here. Honestly, it did.

Okay, it's still a little gross. Only because I'm that person. You know, the one that thinks about it too hard and is like "Ew. They both know what he looks like naked. They both know what it's
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
I can’t believe this is my first book by Karla. CANNOT BELIEVE IT. She had me intrigued with The Ex Effect from the first teaser she dropped announcing it. It's the second book in Washington Wolves series, and I have to note that I didn’t feel lost at all. I've not read The Bombshell Effect yet, but you can bet I'll be doing it soon. Very, very soon...along with everything else on Karla's backlist.

Like I said, I was intrigued by this book from the start. I mean, sisters ex-boyfriend?! I could pi
Ambriehl Khalil
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
⭐️ [3/5 Stars] ⭐️

This was fine. Short, sweet and simple. I’m just really invested in Logan so brb while I go read that book now.
Joy Novel Thoughts
OH MY GOSH! Have you ever read a book that made you want to puke because you were nervous and terribly anxious to see what's going to happen and how it's all going to play out and then you think you know what's happening and then the author throws a curveball at you and it make your anxiety ramp up tenfold because you just feel this foreboding, ominous feeling?

That is The Ex Effect.

Karla Sorensen had me tied up in knots needing to know how it would all play out in The Ex Effect. I loved Ava an
Rose
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was bored ...

The taboo aspect of him being her sisters ex wasn’t present at all. Also nothing happens after she tells them he’s her bf. It’s all very anti climatic.

It felt more of a story of 2 people dating in which no drama occurred until like 75-80%. And the romantic build wasn’t exciting or interesting to read so couldn’t even enjoy that!

Do not recommend :/
Anne OK
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Scores a touchdown with the extra points for this satisfying sports romance. Winning characters that made me smile and gave me heart flutters from start to finish.

Full of fun, heat and humor! Best way to end the year!!
Nadine Wilmschen
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Surprisingly, this book was really okay. That the H is the ex of the h's sister didn't bother me at all. They are over for more than 10 years and so this wasn't too weird.

Jen
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Matthew... SWOON!! I loved him and I want him all for myself! Really enjoyed this one!! <3
jordane
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5

i loved them, they were so cute together🥺
bruna
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

Matthew Hawkins and Ava Baker start the book as friends who haven’t seen each other in 10 years. Even though they only knew each other because he once was Ava’s sister's boyfriend, they didn’t let that situation ruin the obvious connection they shared. Their relationship happened sort of fast, but that
stumbleduponabook
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK.
THE FEELS.
THE CHARACTERS.
THE ROMANCE!!!!

I always find it hard to put my feelings into words. Especially when I love a book so much.

The Ex Effect had me feeling all the things. The romance in the story was literally everything!! Ava and Matthew could not have been any cuter.

I adored Ava and her love for chocolate. She was so cute and adorable and a very relatable character.

And MATTHEW FREAKING HAWKINS 😍 just his name alone gives me chills. Why can’t he be real? He is literally the epito
shirley ♡
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it

3.5 stars.

I enjoyed this book more than the first one. I liked the characters and the story more. Their scenes were really cute.

What I didn’t like about this book was that I felt everything was a little bit rushed for such a short book, but it was still enjoyable.

I’m excited to read Logan’s book. I
✨ Lucy ✨
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️stars
Halle Reads
Aug 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
3.5 Stars 🌟

This was cute and a little cheesy but I liked it a lot better than the first one. The family drama was a little frustrating but still a quick and easy read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Roman (Raleigh Raptors #2)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Sempre lei
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • Il mio demone custode
  • Text Me Baby One More Time (Texting, #4)
  • The Executive
  • Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • Come Petali di Ciliegio
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals, #4)
  • Questo amore sarà un disastro
  • Before Girl (Vital Signs, #1)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs, #3)

Washington Wolves (3 books)
  • The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)