Start by marking “Get a Life, Chloe Brown” as Want to Read:
Get a Life, Chloe Brown

Get a Life, Chloe Brown

Talia Hibbert, one of contemporary romance’s brightest new stars, delivers a witty, hilarious romantic comedy about a woman who’s tired of being “boring” and recruits her mysterious, sexy neighbor to help her experience new things—perfect for fans of Sally Thorne, Jasmine Guillory, and Helen Hoang.

Chloe Brown is a chronically ill computer geek with a goal, a plan, and a li
Expected publication: November 5th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Get a Life, Chloe Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get a Life, Chloe Brown

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I know this is still a long way off, but I am just so unspeakably proud of my fave for getting signed on with Avon for this trilogy and I cannot wait to buy 18 copies of it and shove them in everyone's faces until she's just as popular and widely adored as she deserves to be. 😭💕
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4 stars for Chloe Brown!
I enjoyed myself a lot reading my first Talia Hibbert book!

So many tropes I loved combined into one book.
Next door neighbor
Hate To Love
Heroine making a life altering list

Chloe was such an adorable character, sarcasm and eccentricity her coping mechanisms for a chronic illness she’s been dealing with for years.
I don’t recall any romance book depicting in such depth what it’s like to live daily with invisible disabilities. Round of applause for the author for making Chloe’s
K.J. Charles
A pure exuberant delight. I loved this book.

It's just terrific. A romcom where the hero is really suffering the aftereffects of emotional abuse--not suffering in that Romance Hero "I will be emotionally cold and an alpha dick" way, but actually really hurt, emotionally vulnerable, can be triggered, and is nevertheless not in the slightest inclined to take it out on other people or to blame All Women for one abusive relationship. How rare. The heroine is fat (15 stone! Actually fat!) and disable
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤ Omg omg Yay❤❤

Naima Simone
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of GET A LIFE, CHLOE BROWN, and I expected great things from it because, 1) It's written by Talia Hibbert; 2) A chronically ill heroine--a first for me--who is also a computer geek; 3) a tatted, artist hero, and; 4)It's written by Talia Hibbert. So yes, I went into this book with very high expectations... And this book exceeded all of them.

Chloe Brown suffers a "my life just flashed before my eyes and I'm boring as hell" moment as a car just misses crashing into her on one of
Kristen
May 10, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: ebooks, arcs, 2019-rrrc
I AM LITERALLY THE MOST EXCITED PERSON ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW

ARC received from Edelweiss in exchange for review
----------------------------------------------------
don't even need to read the synopsis I NEED IT
description
ambsreads
Dec 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
i can't believe i only just found out about this omg. Talia Hibbert is truly the goddess of romance and i need this.
Sana
Mar 21, 2019 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
OMG, AN OWN VOICES ROMANCE FEATURING A CHRONICALLY ILL HEROINE? Hell yeah for that rep! It also sounds like it's gonna be a hate-to-love kinda romance and yessss

Oh and this is a great author interview about the book, too.
Therese Beharrie
Jun 10, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019
The irony of the name of this book is that it gave ME life. Let me explain.

First, the plot. Chloe, the heroine, experiences a near-death experience and decides to make a list to help her "get a life" because she doesn't want to die "boring" (there's more to this, but I'll leave it simple for now). A couple of months later, she's living in an apartment complex with a sexy super, Red, who happens to be the hero and the only man who can help her tick things off her list.

Okay. Here's the juicy stuf
mythicgeek
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly I LOVE this book. Not only does Talia NAIL IT with Chloe's fibromyalgia, but also, the relationship between Chloe and Red. OMG it was SO wonderful. the development, their flaws, their strengths. I was rooting for them 100% from the beginning. Please read this book. It's so rare to have a heroine with an "invisible disability" especially one handled so well.

I recommend this to everyone.
Crystal
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Special. Important. Simply wonderful. I could go on and on about this book I fell in love with. The characters, the list, the family, the friends. The cat...it's all perfection, and I can't wait to read more from this author!
Veronica
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come closer to pub.
Saly
Jun 11, 2019 marked it as not-yet-released
I can't wait to read this; despite getting declined for the ARC!
Chloe
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler free*

This is such a special book to me. Thank you so much to Avon for giving me the e-ARC, I'm so happy to have read it! I knew I wanted to read this book. I share a name with the main character, which is cool in of itself, but the Chloe is also plus sized, has chronic pain, and she gets cat. I've dealt with chronic pain, I'm plus sized, and I adore cats. It was so cool to see a main character that was like me in so many ways. Trigger warnings: aftermath of an abusive relationship, ment
Claire
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this so much, but it didn't hit all of my buttons (haha inside joke if you've read the book). I will say that the banter between the two main characters was delightful and funny. And, as always, it's refreshing to read a book with a diverse cast, including a main character who is fighting an invisible illness.
caitlin
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Review copy courtesy of Edelweiss.

Perfect for fans of Jasmine Guillory. I enjoyed this romance featuring an African British woman with fibromyalgia who decides to make a bucket list to take her life back from her illness and then enlists her adorable apartment super to help her with life experiences she missed while being sick. I loved the chapter where the two correspond via email and kinda wished there was more of their banter, but otherwise it was a fun read.
Katie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I can see how this would be lots of people's thing--there's the start of a lot of good stuff going on here!--and this was a solid 3-star review before the ending. But making a character grovel for getting triggered by their PTSD *one time* was unbelievably upsetting to read and I can't believe it's in a rom-com. I would not recommend anyone with PTSD (or any chronic mental illness, really) read this.
Erin
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet book. Chloe is just feisty enough, and Red is lovely and slightly prickly. The “get a life” list Chloe makes reminded me a lot of Tawna Fenske’s excellent book The List. I didn’t realize heroines making lists of exciting things to do was a romance trope, but I can think of some other examples from historicals, too.
Zoe
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get a Life, Chloe Brown is the romance people with invisible disabilities and hidden scars have been waiting for--and a banter-filled story brimming with heart for everyone else. From the author's note at the beginning of the book, the reader knows that they are in capable, considerate hands as they begin their journey of falling in love and healing alongside Chloe and Red. I can't wait to shove this book into all my friends' hands (and politely hand sell the bejeezus out of).
Sami
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adorable, fast-paced read with romance AND representation? Sign me up! Get a Life, Chloe Brown doesn't skim on the sexy time, but also has one of the most realistic portrayals of chronic illness I've ever read. This is the kind of romance everyone should read.
Holly
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars. I love Chloe Brown with my entire heart, and I would fight the world for Redford Morgan.
Jen
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS A GREAT BOOK!
I am going to recommend it to everyone this year. It is a nice romance with wonderful character development. Read it and enjoy.
*warning, there are some awesome explicit scenes in the book, if that isn't your thing, you can skim or read something else.
mara0b
Jun 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Talia, I loved the Ravenswood series so freaking much and you're giving us a chronically ill heroine? Thank you forever and I love you, also I wanna read this right now.
Julie Karaganis
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come closer to publication.
Anna
May 28, 2019
Cristina
Jun 10, 2019
CynnieRose
May 17, 2019
Kirsty McGhie
Jun 11, 2019
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. S