Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Roommate” as Want to Read:

WANTED: A ROOMMATE

Requirements

1. Don’t be a smoker. That’s gross.
2. Don’t be a jerk. I have no time to deal with your mood swings.
3. Clean up after yourself. Is it really so hard to put dirty clothes where they belong?

If you meet these qualifications, call me.

Sincerely,
Desperately Seeking Roommate

When I put the ad in my university’s newspaper, the last thing I ever expect
Expected publication: April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Roommate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Roommate

Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This romance has it all y'all....

College romance? ✔
Hunky, sweet popular quarterback? ✔
Quirky, honest heroine who loves her body? ✔
Tons of laughing and giggling? ✔
All the tension to melt you into a puddle? ✔
All the feels to warm your heart? ✔
Sexy? Sweet? Swoony? Unforgettable? ✔✔

Author cherry popped and what a way to do it! Micalea Smeltzer is brand spanking new to me, though I own most of her books already and now I'm questioning why I haven't read her sooner. But I can assure you whatev
Micalea Smeltzer
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You can PREORDER now on Amazon for $2.99! Price will increase after release. Will also be available in Kindle Unlimited. http://hyperurl.co/yfmyn7
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Stop what you’re doing and go ahead and get this book. Seriously, don’t even hesitate. Just do it. When I read the blurb I was all on board to try out Micalea Smeltzer for the first time. Now that I’ve spent my evening laughing so hard my sides hurt and losing my heart to the world’s swooniest hero I’ll be reaching for every book she releases. I don’t even want to say I devoured this, that’s not big enough. I world champion speed eatered this book.
Lou is like my soul sister living within the pa
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
I’ve read pretty much all of this author’s books and I always look forward to a new release from her, so I was excited when I heard about this book! The synopsis sounded exactly like my kind of read and the cover is hot! I received an ARC of this book and made it my next read! After reading, I can say that I loved this book a lot! It was very cute and funny at times! There was also plenty of romance in the plot and I loved that it developed slowly and wasn’t exactly love at first sight! The roma ...more
Inga Lady Of Bookland
*Note. I received an ARC via Give Me Books Promotions and this is my honest review for Desperately Seeking Roommate by Micalea Smeltzer.

Sadly, this book wasn't for me, therefore, I could give it only 2,5 stars.

Let's first look at the positives:
+ Abel was a great love interest and such a decent guy that I couldn't not like him :)
+ There were some sweet and cute moments between Abel and Lou.
+ The very ending, that is Epilogue #2, was sweet and just a wonderful ending that made me smile.

Unfortuna
Megan Lowe
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Where to start with this book? I think it’s a solid book, with a few quite large flaws.
Lou. The preoccupation with her weight, and the fact that she keeps going on and on and on about it gets really tiresome. I like that she’s strong and sassy and owns who she is but she doesn’t need to keep going on about it. It’s also contradictory because when she’s with other people all of that disappears. The doubts she has come so easily and again are at odds to who she claims to be.
I liked Abel.
Anna Doe
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read Micalea's books in a while, but something about this one drew me in from the start! And I wasn't wrong, this book is simply amazing!

Quirky, hilarious and unique, Desperately Seeking Roommate isn't your typical college romance.

Lou is in a league of her own sassy, fun and down to earth. I loved every minute of her story. And don't even start me on Abel. That guy is SWOONY.

If you like college romances and romcoms you NEED this book!

Deekay
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want to have a good laugh, I suggest you to pick this book up. It was one of the most hilarious rom-com story. Funny and sassy female lead, hot and charming male lead, what an iconic duo. I love both Lou and Abel, these two are so cute.

This book was totally amazing, it surprised me a lot. The banter between Lou and Abel is what makes this story so hilariously funny! I need more fictional couple like them. There’s no dull moment when these two are around. They have amazing chemistry togeth
Kari Davis
Oh my this was snort laughing hilarious at times. My first book by Micalea was a fantastic start to a love for this author that I’m sure will keep me on my toes.

I think Lou might be my spirit animal. She’s quirky and so weird that you will love her. The words that she kept spewing had me in stitches. I swear I need a BFF like her.
What I like most about Lou, she isn’t your typical heroine. She’s not a size two, nope she’s got some curves to her and she owns it. She’s trying to live her best lif
Laura ~Passion flower
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

Desperately Seeking Roommate (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Give Me Books PR for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

Big Bird and Lemon Starbursts

A delightfully entertaining and humorous read filled with predominantly low-angst moments with characters who had this uncanny way of bringing this reader right along for the ride in a chemistry-filled, insta love kind-of-love story.  One with a hunky and dedicated football player and a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Desperately Seeking Roommate is an excellent book told from a dual perspective, which I love. This story is low in angst BUT romantic and so funny, sweet. Whilst reading this book I found myself holding my hand to my chest because my heart was just exploding with all the joy within the pages. I didn't want it to end I was enjoying the characters and their story so much.

Both the characters of Abel and Louise, Lou for short), were really well constructed with chemistry burning between them from t
Barbara
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit I laughed out loud the entire time I read Desperately Seeking Roommate. Kudos to the author for giving us one Hilarious storyline that flowed from scene to scene. The characters are a hoot and so well defined you will feel like you’ve known them for years.

Lou, is a unique college girl. She’s sassy, smart, independant, knows her own worth and loves pink (especially pink starburst). But Lou is desperately in need of a roommate, since they’ve raised her rent and she can’t afford her p
Wendy
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lou is a Junior in college and has been happily living, in her 2 bedroom apartment, alone for 2 years. When her new landlord raises the rent she is forced to look for a roommate. Imagine her surprise when the guy who answers her ad is the star of the football team. Abel is known as a jerk and a womanizer. Even more to her surprise Lou finds that she actually likes him and they might actually be friends. Abel is tired of the partying and one night stands and has vowed his isn’t going to party awa ...more
Sharon Jones
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
This is my first book by Micalea Smeltzer, and I practically laughed myself silly throughout the whole book.
Roommates falling in love is a storyline that had has obviously been done many times before, and will be done many more times again. Micalea's version was such a great read. I adored Lou. She is the driving force behind all the laughs in the book. The things that come out of her mouth, her thoughts and even to the things she believes in
Natasha
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Lou is in search of a new roommate so she doesn't get evicted, she doesn't expect Abel Russo to be the one to reply. Star football player, and as far as Lou knows, a womanizer and jerk. It shouldn't be too hard to not fall for him. Except he's hot. And when that pairs with how he looks at her... She might be getting more than just a roommate.

This is the first book I read by Michalea Smeltzer, and let me say I was def not disappointed. The cover was hot & fun, the tagline drew you in, a
Danielle Baker
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Book Is Amazing! I Love Micalea Smeltzer And Her Books! The Blurb Had Me Interested From The Get Go And The Book Did Not Disappoint. Lou Is So Relatable And Funny, I Couldn’t Stop Laughing At Some Of Her Ways. Abel Is The Perfect Gentlemen And My Boyfriend Needs To Take A Read Of This Book So He Can Take Some Tips Off Of Abel And Start Treating Me Regularly To Crepes And Fancy Cookies.
Jamie Was A Major Creep And I Don’t Care How Hung He Is, I Cant Believe Miranda Slept With Him. Danika Is
Wendy
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Desperately Seeking Roommate was a great entertaining read. It was funny, spicy, and real. Abel and Lou are down-to-earth, genuine characters. I really enjoyed their interactions and banner. They didn’t apologize for who they were but I also liked how they brought out the best in each other. They complemented each other perfectly. Abel was just the sweetest and Lou was crazy fun. It was an unlikely friendship that grew into something more. I liked seeing the progression of their relationship thr ...more
Nicole
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omgosh !!!!!!!! I am not sure how it's possible but Micalea is always giving her readers brand new books that give you all the feels!!!! If you are looking for a book that is quirky and laugh out loud hilarious this book is for you! It had enough romantic and comic relief while also having a great plot and depth. Abel and Lou aren't your typical couple and their relationship is something neither are looking for or are excepting. And never let ANYONE treat you like the yellow starburst!!!! YOU AR ...more
booksiflove
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lou needs a roommate, and puts an ad out. Abel needs a new place to live, and answers on the ad. That’s how they meet.

Lou is not the typical girl. She’s not a size 0, she’s quirky, sassy, lovable, funny. Abel is ‚Mr. Popular‘, as Lou calls him. He’s hot, sweet, romantic, and a football player every girl wants...

This is a funny college romance novel. I laughed a lot, I swooned a lot, because Abel is like a dream come true!

I kindly received an arc for an honest review
Courtney Wyczawski
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Lou was confident, funny, quirky and her chemistry with Abel was off the charts. I laughed and smiled my way through this book. I didn’t want it to end! I also loved Lou’s friendship with Miranda. They are the quintessential best friends - jokes, pep talks, support and pizza! Hurry up and read this....you won’t be disappointed.
Emma Johnston
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Micalea Smeltzer is one of my favourite authors and this book sealed that.

Hilarious, sweet and sexy, this book had everything. An independent heroine who doesn't care what anyone thinks. A hero that isnt what people think. Brilliant side characters that added to the great storyline.

If theres any book that you need to read, it's this one. A roommates to lovers rom com. What else do you need?
Heather andrews
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lou and Abel tend to find themselves in awkward situations:
“You didn’t maul me. We fell asleep watching TV.”
“My face was practically on your ***k.”
Abel gets his girl, he really does, “basically, you’re telling me to order pizza?” I raise a brow in challenge." I loved this book, I fell in love with Abel.
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this book was sexy & hilarious! DSR has to probably be my fave book by this author. Lou & Abel's chemistry was off the charts & I still can't quit giggling. Such an adorable romcom you don't want to miss to read!
Brittani Brown
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want a good, light-hearted read pick this book up! I laughed nearly the entire time, and I absolutely loved it. There are some deep emotions, and they are amazing, but overall this is just a light and refreshing read! Lou is my favorite character ever, I think!
Samantha
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lou is officially my girl crush, and I wanna be just like her. So fresh, fierce, strong and funny. She doesn't apologize for being her, she doesn't want or try to change herself.
Abel is adorable. Perfect kinda book boyfriend.
I love how he sees Lou, yes she may be a curvier heroine but it's not shoved in our face and mentioned non stop, like its not a big deal and something special in itself. Being a bit on the curvy side it's awesome to have a perfectly relatable heroine. Abel just loved her for
Autumn Breier
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-2019
5 out of 5 Stars

Thanks so much Micalea for my ARC!

Desperately Seeking Roommate is a fun and enjoyable read. I really enjoyed Desperately Seeking Roommate and can't wait to read Micalea Smeltzer next book. I love Lou and Abel.
Sydney Jane
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can say that this was one of my favorite books ever! I wish there was more I didn't want the book to end. I related so much with Lou and her mindset and wish I could find myself an Abel. Their relationship was perfect so much sexual chemistry!

Stephanie Gresham
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't laughed as hard while reading a book as I did this one. Micalea definitely had her hands full while writing this one. Lou is my spirit person and I believe she bacame my new favorite female character.
Paula Genereau
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly. This book is amazing and I love it. The story keeps getting better and better. I was hooked and want more
ZN Willett
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hilarious! Love strong heroines with wit and sex appeal, this is the book for you. I personally enjoyed the friendship and romance between Lou and Abel.
Micalea Smeltzer is a twenty-something author from Northern Virginia. She has four dogs, which is as crazy as it sounds. As a recent kidney transplant recipient she's dedicated to raising awareness around the effects of kidney disease, dialysis, and transplant as well as educating people on living donation. She enjoys writing about fantastical paranormal creatures and sexy rock stars. When she's n ...more