Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Roommate” as Want to Read:

WANTED: A ROOMMATE

Requirements

1. Don’t be a smoker. That’s gross.
2. Don’t be a jerk. I have no time to deal with your mood swings.
3. Clean up after yourself. Is it really so hard to put dirty clothes where they belong?

If you meet these qualifications, call me.

Sincerely,
Desperately Seeking Roommate

When I put the ad in my university’s newspaper, the last thing I ever expect
271 pages
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Roommate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Roommate

Start your review of Desperately Seeking Roommate
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

I loved this story immensely!! Lou needed a roommate so she put an ad in the college paper. Abel was tired of partying and wanted to buckle down his last year of college. Fate brings the two together in more ways than one and the journey was sweet, funny, and sexy.

This specific video review will be included in the August 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Clau
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This story was just too sweet and cheesy. It wasn't for me.
Also, I hated that the girl talks all the time about her weight, claiming she doesn't care that she isn't skinny and should probably lose some weight.. I felt like she kept saying that because she was trying to hide how much it affects her. Maybe, I would have believe it if she didn't bring it up every five paragraphs.
(view spoiler)
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This romance has it all y'all....

College romance? ✔
Hunky, sweet popular quarterback? ✔
Quirky, honest heroine who loves her body? ✔
Tons of laughing and giggling? ✔
All the tension to melt you into a puddle? ✔
All the feels to warm your heart? ✔
Sexy? Sweet? Swoony? Unforgettable? ✔✔

Author cherry popped and what a way to do it! Micalea Smeltzer is brand spanking new to me, though I own most of her books already and now I'm questioning why I haven't read her sooner. But I can assure you whatev
Inga Lady Of Bookland
*Note. I received an ARC via Give Me Books Promotions and this is my honest review for Desperately Seeking Roommate by Micalea Smeltzer.

Sadly, this book wasn't for me, therefore, I could give it only 2,5 stars.

Let's first look at the positives:
+ Abel was a great love interest and such a decent guy that I couldn't not like him :)
+ There were some sweet and cute moments between Abel and Lou.
+ The very ending, that is Epilogue #2, was sweet and just a wonderful ending that made me smile.

Unfortuna
Micalea Smeltzer
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE AND IN KINDLE UNLIMITED! http://hyperurl.co/yfmyn7 ...more
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
Stop what you’re doing and go ahead and get this book. Seriously, don’t even hesitate. Just do it. When I read the blurb I was all on board to try out Micalea Smeltzer for the first time. Now that I’ve spent my evening laughing so hard my sides hurt and losing my heart to the world’s swooniest hero I’ll be reaching for every book she releases. I don’t even want to say I devoured this, that’s not big enough. I world champion speed eatered this book.
Lou is like my soul sister living within the pa
nikki
May 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really struggled to get into this one. The first part of it seemed really slow and it took the enjoyment out of reading it. I managed to carry on, and admittedly, the story picked up, but as I had felt such a disconnect at the beginning, I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I probably should have.
Shyann
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A sudden raise in rent makes it necessary for Lou to get a roommate ASAP. But she wasn’t expecting Abel, the sexy and popular football player, to answer her ad. After a quick meet up to get a feel for each other he moves in. The attraction is there from the beginning but they both have to fight it because they’re roommates now. But as they get to know one another the attraction only grows. Why fight it?

Ok so my breakdown of the book:
I liked the writing. It paced well while the romance builds
Anna Doe
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read Micalea's books in a while, but something about this one drew me in from the start! And I wasn't wrong, this book is simply amazing!

Quirky, hilarious and unique, Desperately Seeking Roommate isn't your typical college romance.

Lou is in a league of her own sassy, fun and down to earth. I loved every minute of her story. And don't even start me on Abel. That guy is SWOONY.

If you like college romances and romcoms you NEED this book!

Jessica Florence
Do you believe in fate? Well, Desperately Seeking Roommate was part of mine! I loved Lou and Abel. They were as sweet as pink starbursts and I couldn't get enough. The side characters were a riot too. There were many laughs, swoons, and fanning of thyself. Definitely the fun read I was needing! See, Fate!
Beneath The Covers Blog
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2019-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Kat's Books & Brews
description

I am such a sucker for a roommate novel. I don’t know what it is, but having the characters being under the same roof and their little interactions that would not happen if they lived separately just make me so happy.

Desperately Seeking Roommate, was such a great book!!! Smeltzer did an amazing job. The characters had so much life, and they were funny, and relatable. I LOVED LOU. Seriously, homegirl was my spirit animal. Wild crazy pizza loving Lou was a perfect heroine. She said what she was th
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arc
I’ve read pretty much all of this author’s books and I always look forward to a new release from her, so I was excited when I heard about this book! The synopsis sounded exactly like my kind of read and the cover is hot! I received an ARC of this book and made it my next read! After reading, I can say that I loved this book a lot! It was very cute and funny at times! There was also plenty of romance in the plot and I loved that it developed slowly and wasn’t exactly love at first sight! The roma ...more
Crystal
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may be old enough to be Lou’s mother, but I want to be like Lou when I grow up. She knows she doesn’t have the “perfect” body, but she loves herself and is a strong woman. She also has no filter and she’ll make you bust out laughing many times throughout the story. When faced with a situation out of her control, she takes charge and get things handled. This time, she needs to find a roommate. Her new (sleazy) landlord has raised the rent and she can’t afford it on her own. Putting an ad on her ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is like my freaking happy place, it was warm, funny, real, and absolutely delightful!

Micalea Smeltzer is a new author to me, but that is definitely going to change if her other books are even remotely as good as this, which I have a feeling that they are!

Lou is considered a bigger girl by skinny people, but she has never had a problem with what OTHER people thought because she knows how awesome she is. I absolutely loved this girls confidence and I wish others, sometimes even myself, c
Beth June
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Firstly, I’d like to state, that this is actually a decent read for a New Adult novel.

The protagonist, Lou, was witty, quirky, and blunt. Just my kind of girl. The one downfall with her, was that A LOT of this book was constantly focused on her weight. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a plus size lead, but when it’s one of the main focuses, it kind of annoys me.

What I did like tho, was that Lou was confident with herself. In some parts, when people would criticize her, it shows the reader that ev
Lauren
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars ....
So Lou is hilarious and a bada*s in her own quirky way she brings her weight up several times and it seemed like a problem even when she said it wasnt. Able is the perfect roommate for her and I love how Fate keeps being brought up by both of them even when they don't know it. I love that she is babysitting and growing attached to his nieces and nephews without knowing it. These two have amazing chemistry and they just mesh well. You can tell Lou's past still bugs her and sets her
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Desperately Seeking Roommate by Micalea Smeltzer is the story of Lou and Abel.
This of course is a college romance that is funny and a easy read. Lou is looking for a roommate due to her landlord being on her. Abel is looking for a place to stay to get away from his family and friends...or at least not to be 'under their feet'. Both are total opposite where Abel is into a football jock, Lou is the more into food being more of a home body I thought. But they ended up finding some things to connec
Megan Lowe
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Where to start with this book? I think it’s a solid book, with a few quite large flaws.
Lou. The preoccupation with her weight, and the fact that she keeps going on and on and on about it gets really tiresome. I like that she’s strong and sassy and owns who she is but she doesn’t need to keep going on about it. It’s also contradictory because when she’s with other people all of that disappears. The doubts she has come so easily and again are at odds to who she claims to be.
I liked Abel.
Valia Lind
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, fun and heartfelt! Micalea does not know how to write bad books. Just books that hit you right in the feels!
Amali Rose
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Desperately Seeking Roommate is a fun and sexy ride from start to finish. I know you'll love Lou and Abel as much as I did.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Desperately Seeking Roommate is an excellent book told from a dual perspective, which I love. This story is low in angst BUT romantic and so funny, sweet. Whilst reading this book I found myself holding my hand to my chest because my heart was just exploding with all the joy within the pages. I didn't want it to end I was enjoying the characters and their story so much.

Both the characters of Abel and Louise, Lou for short), were really well constructed with chemistry burning between them from t
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
Oh my this was snort laughing hilarious at times. My first book by Micalea was a fantastic start to a love for this author that I’m sure will keep me on my toes.

I think Lou might be my spirit animal. She’s quirky and so weird that you will love her. The words that she kept spewing had me in stitches. I swear I need a BFF like her.
What I like most about Lou, she isn’t your typical heroine. She’s not a size two, nope she’s got some curves to her and she owns it. She’s trying to live her best lif
Kim
“Desperately

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

When I started Desperately Seeking Roommate, I was hoping it would be a fun and sexy book. A little something to take me out of the mood I was in. I'm not sure I could've picked a more perfect book to read in that moment. It was a bold choice, going with a new-to-me author when I was in a funk, but it worked. Clearly I should roll the dice more often.

I like to call books like Desperately Seeking Roommate a "cheesy grin" romance. Why? Well,
Laura ~Passion flower
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

Desperately Seeking Roommate (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Give Me Books PR for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

Big Bird and Lemon Starbursts

A delightfully entertaining and humorous read filled with predominantly low-angst moments with characters who had this uncanny way of bringing this reader right along for the ride in a chemistry-filled, insta love kind-of-love story.  One with a hunky and dedicated football player and
Francine (asreadbyfrancine)
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Obviously I'm on a contemporary romance binge at the moment. So forgive me if there are a bunch of CR reviews. Micalea Smeltzer was one of the first romance authors I read when I was younger and have loved all her books. So my excitement was barely contained when I received an ARC of Desperately Seeking Roommate on my kindle!

The main character Louisa, Lou, is unbelievably smart, quirky and
Brianne
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the fact that Lou is not your typical lead character. She is not the perfectly thin model type heroine that some writers love to use. She has her quirks, she is funny and absolutely brilliant. I have fallen in love with Lou and love the fact the embraces who she is. I think one of my absolute favourite things about Lou is that she writes notes to herself in the bathroom, which motivate her throughout the day. Absolutely brilliant.
I quite enjoyed the character of Abel, as the College’s Sta
Barbara
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit I laughed out loud the entire time I read Desperately Seeking Roommate. Kudos to the author for giving us one Hilarious storyline that flowed from scene to scene. The characters are a hoot and so well defined you will feel like you’ve known them for years.

Lou, is a unique college girl. She’s sassy, smart, independant, knows her own worth and loves pink (especially pink starburst). But Lou is desperately in need of a roommate, since they’ve raised her rent and she can’t afford her p
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Desperately Seeking Roommate by Micalea Smeltzer
“Chance encounters, 4 stars”

Lou needs a roommate, like yesterday. All because her landlord decided to up her rent. She didn’t know what to expect when she put the ad in her college paper but she for sure wasn’t expecting Abel. Once he comes into her life its like he’s everywhere. Will she let her hang ups get in the way or will she give Abel a chance?
Abel didn’t want to live with his best friend and his woman, so he moved in with his sister and her
Ashley Ziegler
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Micalea Smeltzer is one of my favorite authors and I was excited to hear that she was releasing a new book. I fell in love with Desperately Seeking Roommate from the moment I laid eyes on that gorgeous, sexy cover and read the blurb. This book was an entertaining, captivating story that I didn't want to ever end. I loved how down to earth and real the characters were and I'm pretty sure Lou is my spirit animal because I could definitely relate to almost every single thing about her. I really enj ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Looking to Score
  • IOU
  • Nothing But Trouble (Malibu University Series, #1)
  • The Jock (North Woods University #6)
  • Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • The Difference
  • Rich Prick: A Shy Girl Bad Boy Sports Romance
  • The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • The Locker Room
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • The Player Next Door
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
Micalea Smeltzer is a twenty-something author from Northern Virginia. She has four dogs, which is as crazy as it sounds. As a recent kidney transplant recipient she's dedicated to raising awareness around the effects of kidney disease, dialysis, and transplant as well as educating people on living donation. When she's not writing you can catch her with her nose buried in a book.