Start by marking “Living Proof” as Want to Read:
Living Proof

Living Proof

Wrongfully convicted death row inmate Ramon Willis is about to die—Again.
In a top-secret complex surrounded by miles of Texas scrubland, the United States military is working on a new form of germ warfare. The subjects, like Ramon, are taken from homeless shelters and prisons, and serve their country as unwilling lab rats.
Ramon didn’t commit the murder that put him on deat
Kindle Edition, 2, 420 pages
Published December 28th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 4th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Living Proof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Proof

Start your review of Living Proof
Kathi Defranc
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When An Arm of the Law Chooses It's Own Mission

What an entertaining story that all those with worries about our military and conspiracy theorists will love! A Colonel in the military is running a military institute where a toxin is being made and a vaccine established to decrease human population as needed! The characters are strong, a young woman who is a very good reporter ends up paired with a man 'executed' after being on death row.
An interesting tale showing happenings in a military insti
N.N. Light
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thriller with just enough twists to make it impossible to stop reading. A must read, especially for thriller fans.

My Rating: 5 stars

Reviewed by: Mrs. N
Scott
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of TV shows in the like “24” or if you are a person who enjoys suspense thrillers, I suggest you give “Living Proof” by Peter J. Thompson a listen. The book is energetic, well-paced, and fast-moving. It is what one might expect from a thriller story. The audiobook’s narration is performed by Gary Tiedemann; who I have enjoyed listening too through many other audiobooks over the years. His voice seems to fit whatever the book he is voicing like a glove. One of the things I enjoye ...more
Lauren Jones
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the government has assumed something is true—even if it is false—is there any way to escape it? There are ethical values that every person should have; however, what happens when the ones who you are supposed to trust, suddenly become the morally unethical? In a country ruled by laws that govern the morality of an individual, the laws have become skewed and one man finds himself on the run from forces that make crimes disappear. Thompson has an interesting conspiracy novel that twists and t ...more
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
I received this one for a tour to give my unbiased review.

It was pretty cool actually, the beginning was reasonable and well explained to set the motions for the next part of the plot that went on in a good progressive pace and picked up at the end.

The characters were interesting and have depth and were relatable in they own ways each one, I did felt bad for Ramon, he was wronged in so many ways but did find what he needed in the end and went on with his life.

What it was more appealing to me wa
Denise Sparks
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Possible Conspiracy in Today's World

Ramon was an innocent man sentenced to die. Lena was a reporter sent to report on his execution. Only Ramon didn't die. It just looked that way. Lena was greatly moved by what she had seen. Ramon was an unwilling part of an Army coverup to get test bodies for Biological Warfare. Only this time he lived. He broke out and began running for his life. He contacted Lena and told his story. The adventure begins. They both run for their lives trying to find someone
Chyina Powell
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are into thrillers and conspiracy theories, this book is definitely for you. A man imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, soon to be executed. An ambitious reporter. A top-secret military base and a disillusioned officer. That is how the story starts. I could go on about what the story is about but that's what summaries are for.

I felt that this was a truly brilliant work of art when looked at closely, it kept me reading and wondering what would happen next. I liked the way that the aut
Doug Yonce
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading “Living Proof”, I’m already looking forward to Peter Thompson’s next book. In this excellent conspiracy/thriller novel, we meet our protagonist, Ramon, when he is on death row. But when he is pronounced dead, it’s not really true as he’s smuggled into a clandestine military facility for extensive testing. An escape from the lab leads to a a chase, alliances, murders, coverups, betrayals, captures, and more woven expertly together in a fast-paced thriller. I received an advanced dig ...more
Jesse
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-giveaways
Ramon Willis should not be alive, but he carries a dangerous secret with global consequences as he tries to outmaneuver the sociopath Army officer on his tail. With the help of an up and coming reporter who watched his execution, Ramon has to fight for his life, and expose the dark secret that the Army is trying to suppress.

Living Proof is a fast paced book, and the story is exciting. It's definitely a page-turner, and a great read.

I won a kindle version of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Ron
A briskly paced innocents-on-the-run thriller that would make Hitchcock proud. Ramon’s death penalty sentence is just the start of this turbulent adventure featuring Washington insiders, a clandestine military force, biological warfare, Bond-worthy villains, and a crazed hit man and more. Fans of the Dean Koontz Jane Hawk series will like this.
Mrs G Quinn
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Loved this book. Couldn't put it down as just needed to find out what happened. Such a good story very exciting
Lisa
Very Good book from start to finish!
Alvin Youman
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Great character development. Believable story line
Difficult to put down I am looking forward to move novels by this author
Conan Tigard
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked from the instant I started reading Living Proof by Peter J. Thompson was the fact that the main character was on death row for a crime he didn't commit. He is not a killer, but is put into a situation where he must now become one to survive. His stint in prison has changed him and made him able to make quick decisions that enable him to save his own life. He is not a Rambo-type character, but much more human and makes mistakes along the way. He does what he needs to survive, and not ...more
Cath
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unusual mix of a reporter, a man soon to be killed on Death Row and a secret army installation. Ramon Willis has spent years on Death Row for a murder he didn’t commit and which has reached its final conclusion and his execution is in less than a week. He gets interviewed by a young reporter, Lena Dryer, who is doing a piece about Death Row. She is there to witness his actual execution for her piece and can’t settle after this. She has covered many horrific incidents, but this one won’t leave ...more
Susan
This was a really good suspense novel. It kept me entertained all day, as I didn’t put it down. 10+ hours of audiobook is usually a 2 day listen for me, but I enjoyed it all in one day as I needed to see how things turned out for Ramon. He’s an interesting character caught up in extraordinary circumstances.

He’s been on death row for several years in a Texas prison, falsely accused of a murder. His lawyer, Barry, has worked hard for him but the inevitable has finally come. Ramon has made his peac
Aimee
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great New Author!

I was recently introduced to a new book, Hit Me, from a fairly new author, Peter Thompson. I was so impressed with this thriller I quickly looked for more books by him. Runaway happened to be in my book queue, but I found Living Proof and started reading right away.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect. After the first several chapters I was hooked. Peter Thompson really gets inside the mind of each character. You feel the desperation of Ramon during the last moments before he is
Eliza McCullen
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I began reading this book, starting with the homeless man convinced there were aliens on his street, I knew I would be settling in for a great read. Thompson brought the scenes and the characters to life in this thoroughly engrossing thriller. The underlying plot of the book, that death row inmates are smuggled out of the execution chamber after being pronounced dead, captivated my imagination.

Ramon, falsely convicted of murder, sentenced to death, and executed, wakes up to find
Marissa
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

Military germ warfare used on homeless test subjects. Unfortunately Ramon a homeless person gets caught up in the system as he is accused of killing these victims that the government has managed to kidnap.

He is on the run as he befriends a reporter as he finds a way out. It is up to the both of them to find the truth before things get worse.

An intriguing read of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this through a first reads giveaway. Highly recommended for those who like thrillers. The book was well written and there were some surprising plot twists. The story had good pacing and kept my interest. While it is a stand alone story I could see some of these characters recurring and becoming part of a series.
Deedra
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
audible:Wow!What a story! A female journalist is doing a series on Death Row inmates.Only the last one affects her.Because of him,she uncovers the story of a lifetime.She also almost loses her life in the process. Gary Tiedemann was a terrific narrator. I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Sherry Baer
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spellbinding!

LIVING PROOF was a heart-stopping, chilling novel, all the more frightening because of its roots in potential reality. I read far into the night and found it one of the most exciting novels I’ve read In the past year. I highly recommend it!
Benjamin  Thomas
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story concept and development of suspense! I like author Peter J. Thompson’s writing style.
Narrator Gary Tiedemann does a good job portraying the story. I laughed several times in this one. His narrative tone is very layed back–but ramps up the tension very suddenly at times. Great voice, characterization, and impact.
karin whitehead
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a fan of action thrillers, but.....I may revise that after this book. Great writing, an intriguing story, characters to love and hate. Started a bit slow for me, but it took off and kept me racing to the end! Will be reading more of this author!
Dave
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A real page-turner!

It’s not often that I read a book in just 2 days, but I did with this one. Riveting, with lots of plot twists that make you want to continue reading. I look forward to reading Peter’s next work.
Tena
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won a KINDLE edition in a GOODREADS giveaway.
Kathy Webb
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won this Kindle edition book in a GoodReads giveaway - thank you to everyone involved!
This is a great book - full of suspense -if you like thrillers, this book is for you!!
Diana
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read!! Very suspenseful!!
L Jerome Krovetz
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

Complicated plot but we'll to)d. Enjoyed this very much. Looking forward to reading more by this author. Think he,is very good.
paulette sarelli
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great mystery

This story was really bizarre. Wouldn't put it past our government though. The ending was kind of anti-climatic though. Would probably read more from this author.

• The Victim of the System
  • Insider Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #8)
  • The Recipient (Emerald City Thriller, #1)
  • Dangerous Mistakes (Leah Nash Mysteries, #2)
  • Girl Next Door (Jack Ryder #5)
  • The Protector (A Sydney Valentine Mystery, #1)
  • Palm Beach Predator (Charlie Crawford Mystery #6)
  • Dig Two Graves (Solomon Gray, #1)
  • Stranded with the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #1)
  • Silent Crime (Hangman #1)
  • Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)
  • The Boy Who Danced With Monkeys
  • The Defenseless (Brandon Fisher FBI, #3)
  • The Sighting (The Sighting, #1)
  • His Hand In the Storm (Chief Inspector Gray James #1)
  • Death Report (Sergeant Brad Braun, #1)
  • FOX (Jessica James #3)
  • Dead Wood (John Rockne Mysteries #1)
Peter Thompson grew up on the east side of Chicago, in the shadow of the steel mills where the air was sooty and smelled of sulfur. His life wasn’t always so gritty, but the grit and realism finds its way into his thrillers. He has always loved stories of every kind, and one of his joys is finding a way to get inside character’s heads, seeing the world as they see it and feeling their triumphs, pa ...more