Start by marking “The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)

The Rise of Magicks

(Chronicles of The One #3)

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of Year One and Of Blood and Bone concludes her stunning trilogy that the New York Times Book Review praised as "A match for end-of-the-world classics like Stephen King's The Stand."

After the sickness known as the Doom destroyed civilization, magick has become commonplace, and Fallon Swift has spent her young years learning its ways
Expected publication: November 26th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

Misty
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss, favorites
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Well Deserved Stars - Thank you Edelweiss for an ARC

I can not wait to put this conclusion in the hands of my library patrons because it was so beautifully wrapped up - I couldn't have asked for a better ending. I've said it before, *raises hand* not the biggest Nora Roberts fan here I admit this freely however, if I can specify a series to be the HUGEST Nora Roberts fan for - it'd be this one. She ties up loose ends, ravels and spins a web with each and every character and yet it somehow
Jenelle
Book received from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

The series comes to a powerful end as Fallon and New Hope come together fight the evil that caused the Doom. Really, there is no explanation needed when it comes to Nora Roberts. The final book brings the series to a mind blowing close. With lives lost, lives to avenge, and a dark evil to destroy.... I loved this series so much! It’s different from her normal writing in that the series doesn’t surround the romance of certain people bu
Michelle
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love fantasy, and you've enjoyed the books so far? Then this one is for you.

There was so much that I've learned in this book. NR reinvented this world ans fine-tuned the details that we knew of these characters.

It was like getting the series ending finale that we all deserved.

So, so good!
Dianne
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this last book in this trilogy way more than the first two. (see l8inks to my reviews of the first two books below) It was a reasonably good way to end this trilogy but not an original way to end it. However, if you have already read the first two books, then this is a must-read for you.

I had some problems with the repetitiveness that Nora se
Antonio
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I got this book free from a Goodreads giveaway!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

*No spoilers

I have never read anything from Robert's before this series but I must say, I am definitely impressed.
I'll no doubt be checking out some of her other work in the future if any are as elaborate and alluring as this.

'The Rise of Magicks' is a beautiful, riveting, and powerful conclusion to a fantastic series.
A fast paced, emotional roller coaster of a story with an ending that would make almost anyone smi
Mary
Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Goodreads giveaways for this ARE copy.

I had read the first two books in the Chronicles of the One series and really enjoyed them. The magick and science blend was well done. The pacing was perfect. So I was really looking forward to this third and final book.

And it did not disappoint! We continue learning more about the characters (one of my favorite things about this series). Roberts takes a back to the first book and the changes that have happened to help us u
Sarai Henderson
Magic is on a come back. If you haven't read the previous books in this series, don't worry about it. The story was easy to follow and everything from past books was explained well. I really enjoyed the magic and how it worked. It's a good sign when you can understand the magic in a book instead of just having magic that can do anything and there is no rhym or reason to it. The characters were great as well. They live in a dystopian world where they are fighting for equality and safety. I really ...more
Handcrafted Librarian
So much happens in this novel that it's hard to even sum it all up! This is a great conclusion to this post-apocalyptic trilogy by Nora Roberts.

Everything has been leading up to a confrontation between the light and dark. Fallon was born to be the savior and Duncan was born to be her mate. They've been fighting against and circling this truth since they became old enough to step into a roll of protector when the were teenagers and had to kill to protect. Evil has had a foot-hold in this new wor
Anne
Aug 26, 2019 added it
Shelves: read-in-2019
It’s the final book of the Chronicles of The One trilogy and well worth the wait. I think Nora Roberts does an amazing job of bringing the reader up to speed in the first few chapters of book 3.

I never knew Roberts was writing post-apocalyptic fantasy novels, and she’s doing a darn good job of it. This trilogy has been a huge, and a very nice surprise for me. Don’t know if I would have found it on my own but a galley of book 2 (Of Blood and Bone) from the publisher got me interested in searchin
Terrie
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts finishes the last of the three-part series Chronicles of the One Book Three: "The Rise of Magicks"

She doesn't disappoint. Her writing takes right into the war between good and evil, light and dark and the struggle for power.

Add to that various love stories and wonderful family values. It also emphasizes how different people can build together and prosper using the strengths of those different from you.

Roberts continues to write in a way that describes everything beautifully. You can
Chelsea
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It takes a village....especially in post-apocalyptic America. Rise of the Magicks is a strong finish to a really enjoyable triology. I was struck by the way Nora Roberts portrayed the evolution of every single character, as well as the evolution of community. The battle and love scenes aren’t very intense, as NR focuses more on the human side of things rather than action. This might be a drawback for some folks, but it’s a positive thing for me personally. Thank you to Edelweiss and the publishe ...more
Sara
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I’m still processing everything after finishing this last night. This book lived up to every expectation I had and this trilogy will be one I come back to again and again. I loved the character developments from the first book through this final one and truly felt immersed in the world Roberts has created.

I wouldn’t be upset if she decided to continue on with the story down the road either as I’d love to see where this world goes.

All in all, this is a book and series that I would highly r
Ashley
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review copy received in exchange for an honest review.

Amazing! I'm sad that the series is over now! I will say that my favorite thing about this book is that while there were many battles that took place, they were each short and simple. I didn't have to read pages and pages and pages just for one thing to happen.

I look forward to the next magical series Nora Roberts puts out!
Melanie Duncan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roberts' concludes her Chronicles of The One trilogy with a solid if uninspiring read. The development of the relationship between Fallon and Duncan is skimmed over compared to her other novels, and there are few surprises. Fans will pick it up to finish out the trilogy, but it's not her best work.
Angie foster
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-giveaway
I received an advanced copy of the book through a giveaway. I was so excited to start reading it and it was not disappointing omg so fast paced hard to put down. I've gotta say though I'm sad it's over 😥.so when it comes out I recommend everyone read it asap!
Billie
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A satisfying, if predictable, end to the trilogy. In my opinion, there should have been a higher cost to victory. There were deaths, but only one person and one animal companion with whom readers had any real history, and those fairly early on.
Sandy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I savored this book. It was exciting, heartbreaking, breathtaking and fantastic. This story pulls you in and makes you wonder how you’d react in their circumstances. I know the light and it’s good. This story will keep you engrossed, engaged and fighting for what’s right and true!
Kyle
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very satisfying ending to the Chronicles of the Chosen One. The pacing was perfect, and the plot was constructed brilliantly. As a trilogy, this is a fantastic apocalyptic read, better I feel than even King's The Stand.
Debra Dettone
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-giveaways
This series fascinated me, I loved the characters and was a bit sad that the series is over. Nora Roberts did a fantastic job trying up all loose ends with Rise of Magicks! Loved this book, received an ARC from St. Martin press and it was amazing. I finished the book in two days and I will be rereading the entire series shortly! If you enjoy end of world dystopian fantasy, you are going to love this series! I highly recommend it!
Michelle K
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!! Nora at her best!
Mandy
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads Giveaway!
Ampersand Inc.
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ali-s-reads
I didn’t enjoy this final book in the trilogy as much as the previous two, but it was still a fun ending to the series!
Rita
Jan 04, 2019
Sally Cory
Sep 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Knight Awakening (Scorpius Syndrome #6)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Ash (Dragon Souls, #3)
  • Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Siren's Song (Dorina Basarab #4.6)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
  • A Witch to Remember (A Wishcraft Mystery, #9)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • Dukes Are Forever (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #5)

Chronicles of The One (3 books)
  • Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1)
  • Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)