Start by marking “Shoot Down the Stars” as Want to Read:
Shoot Down the Stars

Shoot Down the Stars

(Taking Chances #7)

One glance, and it came rushing back.

After a devastating break up, Amelia moves in with her aunt and uncle. Focusing on getting back on her feet, and forgetting the guy who broke her heart, the last thing on her mind is finding love… until she runs into a childhood friend.

Randall’s given up on finding “the one”.
Given up on living a life that doesn’t include being stuck in
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Shoot Down the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shoot Down the Stars

Start your review of Shoot Down the Stars
Ashleigh
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The writing will draw you in after only a few pages and have you finishing the book in one sitting.
There is the perfect amount of angst and romance to keep you hooked. I loved how their relationship unfolded so we could see these amazing characters grow in ways you never expected.
I would suggest picking up a copy asap, you will not be disappointed.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Melanie Helms
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorites of this series. Randall is a character ive been wait to read for awhile now ever since Welcome to your life came out. I was so curious to his story given we knew it wasn't easy for him. Amelia was another character i was excited to read. My heart hurt for her and what she was put through but in the end i love how she stood her ground with her past and didn't let them get to her. Randall grew so much in this book as a character. He was already somewhat acting as a adu ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read Welcome to Your Life, Ways to Go, of From This Moment you’ve already been introduced to Amelia and Randall. Amelia is Tonya’s cousin and Randall is one of Jake’s friends. Though, if you haven’t read any of the other books in the series you can still enjoy Shoot Down the Stars and not be confused.

Amelia needed to escape her hometown after experiencing heartbreak and ridicule from people she thought were her friends, so moving in with her aunt and uncle is the perfect escape. She c
Teri
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
People who believe you can't read a great romance and it not have erotic scenes have not had the opportunity to experience true writers like this author. This was an emotional read filled with angst and regret and a whole lot of growing up. He had been holding things down since his mom left and his dad hit a tailspin and never recovered. She had learned the hard way that people are jerks and had gone to live with her relatives to recover. These two get to grow up and along the way learn some new ...more
Sofie Sehested
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
I really liked this story but it had some problems.
The story is about Amelia who is visiting her aunt and uncle, because of some trouble she had in her hometown and Randal who is trying to come to terms with his home life and his alcoholic father! Amelia and Randal was friends as kids and hung out with a whole group of friends in the summers she visited Asheville!
They meet again and start out as friends but fall for each other along the way. Randal fails to communicate his feeling to Am
Elsie
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shoot Down the Stars is another sweet and beautiful story in the Taking Chances series.

Here we get Amelia, a girl who used to have a happy life and personality until she is betrayed by those she called friends. We also meet Randall, who has a hard life at home.

Together they discover is possible to trust and love again. Katrine gives us a HEA with no drama as usual, that's why I love this stories so much.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amelia has experienced a devastating blow from her ex and the people she thought were her friends. She moves away and comes to live with her aunt and uncle. Randall is playing nursemaid to his father after his mother exited from their lives. Can two people who have experienced their own forms of heart break come together and heal each other?

Ariel Holy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Amelia fears getting attached to a guy after she experienced heartbreak in her home town so she moves in with her aunt and uncle to build herself back up.

Randall has a tough life at home playing parent to his dad who had been on a downward spiral since Randall's mom left them when he was a kid.

I really enjoyed reading this book. The characters are very likeable and the story was well written.
Sheila
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amelia left her home to stay with her aunt and uncle after a bad breakup and Randall is living a broken life with his alcoholic father. This is a story of two people broken by life's bad circumstances but finding a friend in each other that turns into a romance.

Jeanne Richardson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by Katrina Marie; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Barbara
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well written story that I enjoyed reading. This is book seven of the Taking Chances series.After a bad break-up Amelia moves in with her aunt and uncle she reconnects with Randall a childhood friend. They start to see each other but they will have their ups and downs before they get their happy ending. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jessica
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was good. It pulled me in right away and I had a desire to keep going back to it. It was a little predictable in my option, but all in all a good read.

Kimberly
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line, and the story is a well written read. The characters are good, likable and they have good chemistry.

Jennifer Richey
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing addition to the taking chances series! This is Amelia & Randall’s story and it’s a emotional and good one! Can two people that think they are broken take a chance on each other.

Coco.V
Jul 07, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/7/2020)! 🎁
Nate
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Amelia & Randall's story. It was an intriguing book & well written. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via booksprout. ...more
Katrina Marie
Jul 06, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shoot Down the Stars is FREE for until 7/10/20!

description

Couples are spinning around the floor, celebrating the marriage of the girl I used to have a crush on in high school. But she isn’t the one capturing my attention. No, it’s the girl I haven’t seen in years.
Amelia, Tonya’s cousin, used to spend the summers here when we were kids. She was so full of life, and always bouncing around like a damn cartoon princess. She saw the world through rose colored glasses while I saw it for the shit hole it actuall
AC Squared Book Blog
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED RANDALL AND AMELIA SO MUCH!! These two MAY just be my favorite couple yet!!! I adored how more than anything these two just genuinely wanted someone to love and want them, and that pulled at my heart strings something fierce. I am a strong lover of emotional books and this one was so perfectly emotional. And by emotional, I don't mean sad or sappy, I mean it has to have every emotion in the book!

These two both were going through so much when they met, they both thought they didn't "need"
Marie Bourgery
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amelia was broken by her ex who used her and continually embarrassed her in front of people in their home town. She was forced to move away and stay with her aunt and uncle, Tonya’s parents, to escape the town’s ridicule. Randall is forced to be the parent in his relationship with his drunken father. He’s taken his verbally and physical abuse for years and pushes everyone away because of it. They decide to be friends to help each other heal, but they can’t fight the attraction. I didn’t like how ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 7th book in this amazing series, and is Amelia and Randall’s story. Amelia is heartbroken and needs to get away from her hometown, so she goes to stay with her aunt and uncle. Randall has given up on love as he deals with his alcoholic father. These two just want somebody to love them as they are. Can they overcome past demons and heal each other? This is a well written story which is a must read. I recommend for all.
Tanya
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She has broken up with her boyfriend and it was very hard so she moves to her aunt and uncle. She is trying to get her life back on track. He had given up on finding the one until he sees her again. Can they need each other? Can they have a future? See if they have

Lenna  Wright-Berry
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Started out slow but as to story continued the connection between the main characters got better until the hiding of emotions and what’s wrong got in their way and caused them to have problems. For me this felt more like a YA romance then adult romance.
Lorie Varner
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been a good series

All standalone books, good stories, young couples finding forever love. Just good romance. I'll be waiting for book 8 .
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really entertaining read. Two damaged souls find true love and learn to trust again. Lots of drama.

☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a good read. Amelia moves in with her aunt and uncle. While here she meets Randall. They both have some issues do they start off as friends. Of course by the end of becomes more.
Javona
Jul 07, 2020
Jennie Littlefield
Sep 23, 2020
Şebnem Ağaçseven
rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2019
Lisa Olson
May 20, 2019
Jessica Knott
Jul 22, 2019

• Rescuing Broken
  • Hate Struck (Maddison High #1)
  • Love Struck (Maddison High, #2)
  • Curvy Girls Can't Date Quarterbacks (The Curvy Girls Club #1)
  • Long Lost: A Small Town Enemies-to-Lovers Romance
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts (An Enemies to Lovers Romance)
  • Forgiven (The Nash Brothers, #2)
  • All the Little Lies (English Prep #1)
  • Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)
  • Second Draft (Men with Wood, #1)
  • All the Little Secrets (English Prep #2)
  • Road Trip with the Enemy (Sweet Water High #10)
  • Curvy Girls Can't Date Cowboys (The Curvy Girls Club #3)
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Beneath the Stars (Sugarlake, #1)
  • Her Boss (Braxton Brothers, #1)
  • Moonshine Task Force Collection (Moonshine Task Force, #1-3)
  • Teach Me (Southern Nights, #1)
Katrina Marie lives in the Dallas area with her husband, two children, and fur baby. She is a lover of all things geeky and Gryffindor for life. When she’s not writing you can find her at her children’s sporting events, or curled up reading a book.

Taking Chances (8 books)
  • Welcome to Your Life (Taking Chances #1)
  • Cruel and Beautiful World (Asheville, Texas #2)
  • Ways to Go (Taking Chances Book 3)
  • Remember That Night (Taking Chances #4)
  • My Only Wish is You (Taking Chances Book 5)
  • From This Moment (Taking Chances Series Book 6)
  • Love Will Save Your Soul