Start by marking “Rise: Birth of a Revolution (The Flynn Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Rise: Birth of a Revolution (The Flynn Chronicles Book 1)

Rise: Birth of a Revolution (The Flynn Chronicles Book 1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Mark S. Moore's debut novel follows the fledgling Ricchan rebellion. A dark and gritty tale of war, intrigue, and betrayal. Rise is driven by a diverse array of complex characters and moral consequence. Between muskets and firebrands, Damien Flynn finds himself in the midst of growing turmoil. Political espionage, assassinations, scandalous affairs, underhanded deals, and ...more
Published November 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Rise: Birth of a Revolution (The Flynn Chronicles Book 1)
C.D. Tavenor
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rise: Birth of a Revolution, by Mark Moore, intrigued me because it sounded similar to a project I’m writing. The American Revolution is a topic ripe for exploration through fiction, both through traditional historical fiction and through less orthodox approaches. Hamilton, the upstart Broadway musical, comes to mind as the most infamous re-imagining of our country’s formative years.

Rise explores themes of revolution through a fictional setting. England’s counterpart is the nation of Braiton:
Gina R Mitchell
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I began reading this book expecting a typical fantasy storyline. However, that's not what I got. Starting on page one, I was held captive by the characters in ”Rise”. I nearly burnt dinner reading while cooking, and read way too late into the night. You have been warned, this story will captivate you.

The world-building is superb. The story is character-driven, so expect numerous names, subplots, etc to be involved, but the author makes it very easy to keep them straight.

The book is fast-paced
Mark Schultz
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The freedom to make your own choices is a huge part of the human condition and something people are willing to die for every day. This book taps into that theme very effectively. Change a few names and this could be the story of almost every free society on earth.
This book brings a great mix of big picture events, the people who cause them and the people who are caught up in them.
I enjoyed the dialogue tremendously; I laughed out loud quite a number of times. The action is plentiful without
Benjamin
Dec 04, 2018

• The Comeback Kid: the memoirs of Thomas L. Hay
  • George Pringate's Last Hurrah
  • Myth Agent
  • Camper Catastrophe (Trailer Travails Book 1)
  • Fate Came Calling: A Young Man's Journey Became a Lifetime of Adventure. Based on the Life of Warren Vest
  • Lazy Hugo
  • The Meerkat Murders
  • Confessions
  • The Good Audit
  • The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming
  • A Gathering of Butterflies
  • USA Destinations That Spark Our Fascinations: (kids books ages 6-8, books for kids 5-7, 9-12, 4-6, 2-4, preschool books) (Kids Books For Young Explorers Book 2)
  • Kiaran: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Immortal Highlander, Clan Mag Raith, #5)
  • Chance (Sydney Jones #2)
  • The Adventures of Fawn (The Adventures of Fawn #1 - #2)
  • 'Til the Last Snowflake Falls (The Adventures of Fawn #1)
  • Love Comes for the Scrooge